Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ArtWalk
Msg: 510
You are Hot!!!Page 18 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
I find Nat.J's comment to be true. Not for bad or good, just true.
 ArtWalk
Msg: 511
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/25/2012 10:38:57 AM
Cooldog65, gotta love an honest man!!! I click for cleavage too...
 good_catch77
Msg: 513
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/25/2012 10:45:53 PM
Some, maybe. But if you don’t think the whiney men outnumber the women, you need to check out some of the other forums on here.

You may be right, on the forums but I'm talking about IRL. Being in the "friend's zone" all those years I know all about whiney women complaining about "all" the men being pigs and the same.

Edit: and all the women on FB too.
 cooldog65
Msg: 514
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/25/2012 11:09:43 PM
I only click for "HOT" cleavage....

I can only hope it's hot after I click! Hard to tell from the thumbnail that can be distorted on my smartphone. But it's a risk I'll gladly take!

Keep clicking!
 tallmanenters
Msg: 515
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/26/2012 3:08:57 AM
The other day I was thinking hard about saying something witty and original to complement a co-worker's looks (she is British). Then I had a flash back to this thread and I just said "pardon me lovely, but you are HOT!!!" I wasn't slapped on the cheek immediately, but I'm afraid I'll be in for a sensitivity training next week. I was about to undo her bra as well.

Thank you POF.
 NotSeekin
Msg: 516
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/26/2012 7:31:36 PM
I suppose if a Nurse or Dr told you that after taking your temperature, then you better handle your fever. Otherwise, it seems so disrespectful to say
 CharminC
Msg: 517
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/26/2012 9:49:20 PM
I get this quite often, and while I don't find it insulting.....I wonder what sort of reaction they expect, because, I'm NOT all that. Seriously....do guys think all they have to do is throw out a cheesy compliment and have a woman fall all over them?
^^
Zing zing!

OK from now on I will tell women : "you are so NOT hot!"
I'm sure they will appreciate that so much more.
^^
Orrr... unless you're a college fratboy, you could say "You are attractive".
Different words, HUGE difference.

Such discussion over the linguistics of 3 words.
It's almost as retarded as the toilet seat wars.
^^
Not very retarded when you are the female subjected to it from the time of puberty.

im_a_rockstar
Msg: 518
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/26/2012 10:23:42 PM

OK from now on I will tell women : "you are so NOT hot!"

I'm sure they will appreciate that so much more.

Just tell them that they look fat in their pics. It makes you seem like a jerk, girls love that.

I really don't see what the big deal is. Say "thank you", or just don't respond. You got a compliment.

Something is seriously wrong with our generation. I mean a HUGE problem. Something about living socially just never clicked
 d2327h
Msg: 520
Called Hot but nothing to burn?
Posted: 5/27/2012 9:04:06 AM
It's a class issue.

It separates the boys from the men.

Boys will say, "You are hot!!"

The men will say, " I saw your profile and I just wanted to tell you that you have a beautiful smile and hope you have a good day."

It's so simple.
 Gertrude13
Msg: 521
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/27/2012 9:07:37 AM

The other day I was thinking hard about saying something witty and original to complement a co-worker's looks (she is British). Then I had a flash back to this thread and I just said "pardon me lovely, but you are HOT!!!" I wasn't slapped on the cheek immediately, but I'm afraid I'll be in for a sensitivity training next week. I was about to undo her bra as well.

LOLOLOL!!!

Dammit, Tallman! If you had only TOLD me you were preparing to undo my bra, I would have handed over my knickers instead of reporting you!

Enough of this shrinking-Violet timidity! Just disrobe...
Listen to Adam...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z7fV-wB2z8
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 522
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/27/2012 9:51:19 AM

You know what else it can be...sometimes when a guy see's a woman he finds really attractive, he gets a tingly feeling in his balls. If it's more so than usual, he feels for the interest of others that he should express it. Kind of like when you see something that really puts you in awe. Like a beautiful night sky, or the West Virginia Mountains. You just turn to the nearest person and say, "Isn't that amazing?". In the case of a dude calling you hot, I guess the appropriate response would be to agree, disagree, or reciprocate the gesture.

Well... I can definitely say I'd rather get told I'm hot than that that they find me so attractive that I make their uh balls tingly ...

so thanks for putting it in perspective :)
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 523
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2012 10:05:43 AM
"It's a class issue.

The men will say, " I saw your profile and I just wanted to tell you that you have a beautiful smile and hope you have a good day."

It's so simple."

Saying a woman is hot is simple. Saying a woman is brighter than a thousand suns, and the radiance that reaches out blinds all my visual senses to the point of euphoric exhaustion is complex.

Woman is hot is short, sweet and effective. If you want flowery language attend a Shakespearean festival. :P

This has been an HKOangel99 lesson on word usage and lexicon of the 2012 era. o.O
 Fleuron
Msg: 524
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/27/2012 10:24:37 AM

…brighter than a thousand suns, and the radiance that reaches out blinds all my visual senses to the point of euphoric exhaustion

Hey, I like that sarcastic melodrama. At least it’s original. : )

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv You mean like if he was wearing tights and curly toed booties?
Yeah, I think that would turn me off, too. : )
 Gertrude13
Msg: 525
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/27/2012 10:36:25 AM
^^^^I would LOVE that! But only if it was said with the appropriate level of tongue-in-cheek. THAT guy would have
a) a good vocabulary and
b) an entertainingly quirky sense of humor.

If it was said in seriousness, I might be a lil scairt...
 tallmanenters
Msg: 526
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/27/2012 10:58:32 AM
Auto shop references are good sexual banter material. Rack and pinion. Gear box. Dipstick. Safety belt. "I need to check your radiator you are running hot" So much to talk about, so little time. I'm shifting gears...
 justlookingvt
Msg: 527
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/27/2012 11:07:44 AM
Here are a few variations on the "You're HOT" that I believe would be a small improvement. Pick the right one for the occasion,

1. There goes a solar flare on stripper shoes!

2. Softly place your hand on her waist... gently move her aside whispering... don't walk under that sprinkler.

3. Your profile pictures melted my monitor :-(
 tlewis21
Msg: 528
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/27/2012 11:22:36 AM
I totally agree and it worked. Smart lady.
You are on the hot internet....
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 529
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/27/2012 12:13:52 PM
You have a very nice pencilholder? Seriously?

(and justlooking, anyone can call shoes hot; they ARE hot; especially the burnt orange and purple snake skin 6 inch peep toe stilettos I just got for belated mother's day from my daughter- she is SO awesome :)
 justlookingvt
Msg: 530
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/27/2012 1:54:15 PM

the burnt orange and purple snake skin 6 inch peep toe stilettos

There is that snake again... Adam didn't stand a chance! How many watts do those shoes output ? (lol)
 TRESemme
Msg: 531
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/27/2012 2:01:24 PM
lol. I would take it as a compliment.
 DarkmoonsLightning
Msg: 532
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/27/2012 2:24:34 PM
For all your inner self conflict, here is a clue stop asking other people for validation of your opinion and actions and do what the F--k you want...If something makes you uncomfortable that is your deal not theirs. I can't get in your head and have all the experiences you have had in life so I might find it a compliment, But I might respond with "I was just in the broiler heating up my flank steak for you so you wouldn't be distracted by hunger while I was trying to communicate with you, it created a little warmth. My leg hurts a bit but your meal should be good. enjoy it is tender and succulent. But I can't chat now I have to head to the hospital now as I am bleeding quite profusely.
 d2327h
Msg: 533
Posted: 5/27/2012 4:12:10 PM
Short, yes; sweet and effective? That's debatable.

It's certainly not a one size fits all kind of phrase. If it were, then I'd agree with you and all men would be marvelously successful with those few little words.

However, since it's not, I pointed out who uses the term and why.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 534
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/28/2012 4:17:06 PM
It's a class issue.

Class my ass.

Newflash: Any man who compliments you wants to bang you, yet somehow it matters how he's saying it.

Not to mention, if I was offended by what words a woman used to say she found me attractive, I would probably never touch a woman again.

You can either get out there and enjoy people who just might be more than you expected or you can sit around waiting for your perfect little wordsmith to come along.

Oh, and by the way, this little piggy has come to the conclusion that you are indeed......hot.
 Tallyh0e
Msg: 535
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/28/2012 6:42:16 PM
What if it's

"You're hot. Shoe me yur bewbs now." It's more than one sentence!
 theforumfiend
Msg: 536
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/28/2012 8:22:34 PM
^^^ That's usually in the second email.

ha, ha.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >