Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jerilyn
Msg: 33
You are Hot!!!Page 2 of 43    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
It's something you expect teenagers to say. I don't find it insulting, but off-putting, somehow, when men in their 30's and 40's use that expression.
 Asazon21
Msg: 34
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 6:03:00 AM
I personally would rather be called pretty or beautiful. But if someone said I was sexy I'd take the compliment. Just be careful because you could be cancelling out some pretty nice guys. A lot of men have a really bad way of expressing themselves. Give them a chance, the conversation will show you if they are worth talking to or not.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 35
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 6:03:57 AM
OP, you know where your boundaries are. If it's a deal breaker to you, then it is. For me if a female told me I'm hot, I wouldn't think of her compliment as a deal breaker. I'd take it in stride.
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 36
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 6:14:16 AM
I just have to put my 2 cents in.... I used to do that with men who called me sexy. If a guy said "hey sexy"..it was a huge deal breaker for me. Then I realized that with MOST men..not all men...but with most, it was meant to be a compliment. Awkward as it was.

At my age, depending on the context and who is saying it, when a man tells me I'm hot I take it as a compliment! I'd rather hear that I'm hot than sexy. Hotness is something a woman just has...it can't be faked or purchased. Where sexy is something you can go to a lingerie store and purchase.

As to the OP...Anita, although I may disagree with you, I can understand how you feel. If all they have to say is that you are hot, then yes...I would be insulted. But if they seem truly interested in you and the two of you have chatted about various subjects..then they say you are hot, I would take it as a compliment.

That's all for now folks.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 37
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 6:22:58 AM

I like your screen name. Please, no offense meant..I've never thought about this before, but the pig of my dreams is BACON lol

Thanks!

i agree with you. when a guy says "you are hot" it usually means "i want to have sex with you asap"

Right! And when a woman tells me she likes my hair, it surely means "hey, I want to massage your prostate and fondle your balls right here in the produce section RIGHT NOW!"

Not that I'd make ridiculous assumptions or anything.
 tdh49
Msg: 38
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 6:30:46 AM
I find very insulting and I stop contacting them. Thank you
I totally understand. If someone paid me a compliment I found disingenuous I would stop talking to them too. Would you still be talking to them if they said "You're very average" because that would be more believable to you?.

If some woman I was about to meet told me " I want to meet you because you're short and I like short men" I would instantly stop talking to that woman because her opinion is not based in reality and I don't want to become involved with a delusional person. So I totally get why you would stop talking to these men. I personally see nothing wrong with ending all contact.
 JSNC7
Msg: 39
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 6:35:16 AM
" Right! And when a woman tells me she likes my hair, it surely means "hey, I want to massage your prostate and fondle your balls right here in the produce section RIGHT NOW!" "

They give Prostate Massages in Grocery stores ? That might make women obsolete for SOME men LOL

Next time I hear the Loudspeaker Announcement , " CLEAN UP, on Aisle 12", I'll look more carefully for the line that's formed, which will likely be nowhere near the Diabetes testing booth. LOL
 JSNC7
Msg: 40
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 6:41:57 AM
" Woman = intelligent = witty = creative = talented = good conversationalist = sensitive = appropriate, etc."

I feel that if ALL women were like that, there would be much less need, and profit in dating sites.
 infennario
Msg: 41
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 6:54:25 AM
Yeah, it would seem odd to me (especially in my age range), just like I find it weird when someone calls me “dude” or answers the phone “hey” or “whasup?” It feels either very young or forced-cool. Like men who say, “hey man” and have complex hand shake rituals. It’s not a deal breaker, but it’s unusual to me.
 Meems919
Msg: 42
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 6:56:36 AM
I think Anita is just advertising.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 43
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:02:11 AM

Most of them will say, I would like to meet you "because you are hot" , that's where I start to back off.

Do you do that no matter what they look like?

I figured,even if I wasn't attracted to the guy who messaged me that phrase,or I was simply not looking to just get laid,a compliment's a compliment and I was in control of who I had sex with, so what did it really matter?

I certainly never saw it as an insult.
I'd much rather go on a date with someone who thinks I'm hot,than not!

We ALL want to have sex at some point, men just tend to get right to the point,especially in a place like this.

By blocking or deleting all of the one's who seem rude for insinuating all they want you for is sex,you are minimizing your chances for finding love and great sex.

Sorry for my opinion, since it's in total opposition of yours...but there are two sides to every coin.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 44
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:02:28 AM

I think Anita is just advertising.

Me too.

Oh, and by the way, you're hot.
 JSNC7
Msg: 45
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:11:08 AM
' I feel that if ALL women were like that, there would be much less need, and profit in dating sites. '

"The implication of that is there are no women like this on dating websites. "

That was not my implication, nor is it by any means of the definition of the words.. IF ALL WOMEN.

IF ALL, does not mean: IF ANY, THERE ARE NONE, THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NONE, THE TOTALITY THAT THERE ARE NONE, WHY AREN'T THERE ANY ?., I WISH THAT THERE WERE SOME, THERE ARE NONE IN EXISTENCE, IF THE WHOLE OF, etc.

You surely know the definition of the word ALL. Nice try.
" Woman = intelligent = witty = creative = talented = good conversationalist = sensitive = appropriate, etc."

The implication of that is that ALL Women are like that. Please revisit your Dictionary
 114M3
Msg: 46
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:11:18 AM
If you find this objectifying, simply move on.

Personally I wouldn't read too much into it unless he makes further comments that reflect he is only after sex.
 Meems919
Msg: 47
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:11:27 AM

Oh, and by the way, you're hot.

Well, now Anita is going to be really pi$$ed

(I no longer have icons to insert to indicate my emotional condition, dayum)
 funinsun32
Msg: 48
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:12:39 AM
If someone you started to chat/text whatever, and after a while before you meet them they will say You Are Hot do you think they are break dealers.

If it is stated once, no, I am not offended. If it becomes the sole topic of conversation then yes, I would not be interested. I understand where your thought process is going OP, but I think you are being too abrupt to blow someone off for ultimately paying you a compliment.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 49
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:13:16 AM
I get told I'm hot all the time.
And I believe it because it's true.

Maybe you just have to start believing
that you're good looking, I mean if so many
people keep telling you so. Can they all be
wrong?

Kudos to starting this thread though.
You must be going batty deleting all the
"You are hot!" messages now!

playfulpete
Msg: 50
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:14:42 AM
Wow,up tight or what.Say thank-you
 HeartOn64
Msg: 51
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:15:11 AM

With someone socially inept...Yeah, not heart broken, not that desperate.

Oh come on,it's not THAT serious!
When was the last time you actually had sex with that ridgid of an attitude?
Oh yeah...you're single and intending to stay that way from what I read.

I think some of these attitudes towards men and sex are ridiculously judgemental.

THEY JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THEY THINK YOU ARE SEXY!BIG DEAL!

That doesn't make them "socially inept".

That makes them horny! But you still get to decide who crosses that line with you.
 JSNC7
Msg: 52
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:16:00 AM
" Oh, and by the way, you're hot. "

You are hilarious! LOL
 femaleconnection
Msg: 53
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:20:45 AM
OP, to be fair to the men you chat with, why not tell them that this term wigs you out?

I dont care to be called hot either, but I try to look at intent before I let my feathers get ruffled. Passing by construction workers yelling it out...ignore and eye roll. A man Im chatting with who up until this statement seems nice, Id let it go and say 'thank you'. (then maybe tell him later that you prefer other words)

I hear my son and his age group say this a lot, so when I hear it, it conjurs up the image of a horney sex starved teenager...but really, I cannot expect men who dont even know me to know this and to not use the term on me. That is asking a bit much in my opinion. But I do lump it into the same category being called a cougar, it isnt flattering to me.
 amore01
Msg: 54
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:23:11 AM
If someone emails me saying Im hot,,I dont answer to that at all. Someone above said something about timing and I believe this to be true. I dont mind comps and after talking Im called Hawt.But initial contact??no thank you.JMO
 kenmac14
Msg: 55
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:24:13 AM
i think your being silly. Looks is the first thing that attracts people to one another. You should be glad in my opinion
 kenmac14
Msg: 56
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:27:10 AM
i agree with hearton64 completely
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 57
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:32:46 AM
You are hilarious! LOL

Gracias, amigo.

Anyway, as I stated before, worry not, ladies. There's this thing we all know as "time", and it has a funny way of changing our appearance.

So, when you're 65 and sitting in that rocking chair on your porch, all alone, with hair that looks like Don King's and skin that resembles a leather purse that was left in the rain for 30 years, at least you'll have consolation in knowing that no one will be telling you you're hot!

What a relief!!!

HeartOn64 - you are hot, too, and I would have sex with you asap.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >