Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 auman000
Msg: 562
break dealersPage 20 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
"Break dancers"
 nico105
Msg: 563
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/30/2012 8:13:53 PM
Take it as a compliment. Men are not like women when we say something it can mean multiple things. When men say one thing they mean ONLY that thing.
 GlenRH
Msg: 564
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/30/2012 8:39:35 PM
Kind of agree with Nico on this one. And I've been known to tell a woman that before myself. But if I'm really interested, I'll usually follow it up with, "Ok, hot, check. But truth be told, that's not too hard to pull off. Let's see if you're really worth getting to know. What interests you?"

But I digress. I've never been one to actually say "You're hot.", and leave it at that. It's a completely inane comment, and entirely pointless. If you are that attracted to someone, try to get to know them. You may be surprised. Either good or bad!
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 565
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/31/2012 9:43:44 AM

Really? How many men have propositioned you for sex?

I think women are better judges of THAT.

And how did they ask for sex? By literally asking for sex, or asking you to come to their house to drink some wine and listen to music?

Again, we're just that straight-forward that you'll know we're looking for sex because we'll literally say we're looking for sex.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 566
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/31/2012 9:57:22 AM
Cripes, I'm practically 60, if someone thinks (or even pretends) I'm
hot, I might put them on my new best friend list.

Who cares if they are just looking to get laid, doesn't mean they are...
and I still get to keep the compliment.

It's a win win IMO.

im_a_rockstar
Msg: 567
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/31/2012 10:03:38 AM

Men are not like women when we say something it can mean multiple things. When men say one thing they mean ONLY that thing.

Oh enough... You know as good as everyone else that's not true.

I said it before, a big reason so many of you girls are single (except for the super great gf's out there who spend their free time on a dating site), is that you assume a compliment has some added meaning behind it.

Yes, guys CAN just give a compliment just to give a compliment.

You have to understand, you're looking at a dating website. People don't come here because they're capable of just walking outside their house and getting a date. A lot of people on these sites have never been laid and are desperate. A lot of them have no idea to talk to a woman. Some of them are just that awkward that it comes out really creepy. And there's some that are looking to only get laid.

This doesn't define the entirety of the male population of the world. There's tons of non-social rejects out there that can give a girl a compliment just to be nice. There's people who will lie and tell the scariest looking thing in the world that she looks great, just to make someone else feel good about themselves.

You have to get this idea out of your head. Not for us, but for yourselves. It's a big part of why you're single and looking online. NOBODY comes to PoF because they're the definition of social perfection. Accept that there is something wrong with your personality, in your case, trusting a compliment from guys, and maybe work on fixing it.
 forums1
Msg: 568
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/31/2012 10:17:10 AM

And how did they ask for sex? By literally asking for sex, or asking you to come to their house to drink some wine and listen to music?

Any woman who gets an *email* (the topic of this thread) from a basically total stranger of a guy (she's never met in person) inviting her over to his house to drink some wine and listen to music is nuts, and accepts it, is nuts.

She should be a lot more careful than that, she *ought* to think, or at least consider, he could be a rapist or violent person at least, and meet the first time in a neutral/public place and get to know him before taking him up on that.

We're not talking saying "You are hot!" on a first meet even here - the OP was talking about guys *emailing* it. Lets be honest here - some women will like hearing "You're even hotter in person that your pics", on a first meet... that's a compliment, coming from someone you're meeting/seeing in person. There are a lot of things that could come across pretty 'creepy' in just a few emails, that might not once you've met and gotten to know the real person - there's a reason suggesting going for a 'hike in the woods' for a first meet might not be a good idea, as a guy some of us might not 'get it', but I seriously wouldn't blame a woman for thinking it a bit creepy (ie, some hikers find her body a few weeks later).

JMHO, but compliments are far more meaningful when its in person, and one can get the visual/vocal 'queues' of whether the person is being sincere or not... or at least with someone you've chatted with a while and have gotten a good idea of what they are like - which is usually not after a couple emails.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 569
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/31/2012 10:23:46 AM
Why does it being in an email suddenly make it magically different than in person? It's just like the people who are afraid to meet someone on here because they can get raped, even though that really great guy they met on the boardwalk last week can very easily be a serial killer.

Some level of reality gets lost when people come to this website...
 forums1
Msg: 570
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/31/2012 10:57:07 AM

Why does it being in an email suddenly make it magically different than in person? It's just like the people who are afraid to meet someone on here because they can get raped, even though that really great guy they met on the boardwalk last week can very easily be a serial killer.

Some level of reality gets lost when people come to this website...

Well, sure, actually some well known serial killers have been described as "quite charming", one never knows.

But, what the question here really boils down to is, does it work for you? If saying "Your hot!" gets you some successes, go for it... if it doesn't, and gets you blocked more often than not, then quit being a *whiner* about it and just stop doing it and try a different approach.

Geez, at least it's something you can change. I'm balding and 5'10", and there's a lot of women who want guys with a full head of hair who's over 6' tall... that's their preference, no point in me whining about it no matter how "hot" they are, it just is what it is. Not much I can do about the height, and I'm not vain enough or worried enough about it to spend big buck$ getting my head all sliced up to get hair.

For the OP, she doesn't like being emailed with "You're hot", I'd tell her the same thing - guys probably do it because some percentage of the time women take it and are flattered by it, it is what it is - don't like it, block delete. Whining about it accomplishes nothing. For the guys, some women (obviously) will reject you for it - if you don't care that it gets you rejected then you keep doing it and move on to the next woman - if you do care, then expecting the women to change and accept it because *you* think they should - well, guess what, its their choice and whining about it or trying to "convince" them otherwise pretty much accomplishes nothing. I think "hot" women who want 6+' tall guys with a full head of hair are missing out, but c'est la vie... ... I'm not gonna waste umpteen pages of thread arguing it.
 Fleuron
Msg: 571
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/31/2012 11:48:41 AM

Again, we're just that straight-forward that you'll know we're looking for sex because we'll literally say we're looking for sex.

Omg. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Men are subtle, at least with me. I’m not a child; they may not be looking for sex THAT moment (although they probably would have complied if I had suggested it) but they are definitely laying the ground work for that hopeful inevitability. Men don’t give me love letters and fix my car, etc., etc. because I’m their good pal.

Hopeless guys call me hot. Men who actually hope for a chance with me are very, very different.

One time a guy left a message on my answering machine, it was a ‘roses are red’ type poem telling me he thinks I’m hot. THIS is the kind of stuff women have to deal with! Oh good lord that was so lame.

Men are scared of me. I’ve been told to my face more than once that I’m intimidating. Maybe that has something to do with the way I’m approached.

Capn_America
Msg: 572
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/31/2012 11:53:29 AM
Men are scared of me. I’ve been told to my face more than once that I’m intimidating. Maybe that has something to do with the way I’m approached.

Depends what you do. Sure, in this province, if you raised the Canadian Flag you are probably instantly hated by half the population, if you raise the Quebec one, your hated by the other.
I'm sure I could handle you I'm probably more intimidating than you are, gnagnagna!!!

You must be new to dating. It's seriously the only possible explanation to you being THAT clueless to reality.

OOOOOOOPS. Shouldnt have said that dude...........................
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 573
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/31/2012 11:58:09 AM

they may not be looking for sex THAT moment (although they probably would have complied if I had suggested it) but they are definitely laying the ground work for that hopeful inevitability.

So is literally every other man and woman in the entire world.

You must be new to dating. It's seriously the only possible explanation to you being THAT clueless to reality. They're not being subtle, they're looking to get to know you, they're looking for a date.

I know it's really hard to believe, but guys DO want companionship.

You're very confused when it comes to how guys work, and I'm willing to bet it's the entire reason you're on this site.

Yeah, if I asked you to come out for drinks, I might be trying to set up for a second date, and then after a few dates have a sexual relationship... ITS CALLED DATING!!!!!!!!! That sexual interest is what leads to raising a family.

So yeah, every guy is only looking for sex... maybe you should try going for girls instead.
 cooldog65
Msg: 574
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/31/2012 5:46:52 PM

Men are scared of me. I’ve been told to my face more than once that I’m intimidating

I agree with BGT. Yes you are hot Fleuron.
 Fleuron
Msg: 575
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/31/2012 6:28:33 PM

You're very confused when it comes to how guys work, and I'm willing to bet it's the entire reason you're on this site.

Come on, now, that’s weak.

You are the one who is confused about your own gender, or in denial. Obviously some guys have NO idea what other men are doing in private to impress and win over women. You must actually believe the macho stuff you’ve been handed.

I have a bit more experience being a woman than you do. I know how men REALLY work when their buddies aren’t around to threaten to revoke their ‘man cards.’

This is what I responded to in my last post. No man has EVER approached me and ‘literally said he was looking for sex.’ The suggestion is ludicrous unless you’re in a brothel.

I didn’t say
every guy is only looking for sex...

or that I don’t know or think that men want companionship. Not sure where you’re pulling that from, or why.

I love men, I have no need or desire to ‘try for girls.’ You’re really reaching with that one. Fail.

Capn_America

I'm sure I could handle you. I'm probably more intimidating than you are, gnagnagna!!!

That’s really funny, sweets. :)

BrookfieldGentlemanTom and cooldog65, thanks guys.
 _shakti_
Msg: 576
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/31/2012 7:01:42 PM
Wow, this thread got to 27 pages.. it's a pretty big issue I see, lol...

I guess it boils down to preferences.. we've all got 'em after all.

The smart man doesn't comment on my appearance at all when initially getting to know me.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 578
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/31/2012 8:36:53 PM

This is what I responded to in my last post. No man has EVER approached me and ‘literally said he was looking for sex.’ The suggestion is ludicrous unless you’re in a brothel.

BECAUSE HE WASN'T ONLY LOOKING FOR SEX!!!!!!!!! What part of that is so hard to comprehend?

We make it VERY obvious. When a guy asks you to go back to his house, it's obvious that he doesn't want to go to a museum to look at art. We are that straight-forward about what we want.

A guy who isn't inviting you to his bed, is more than likely looking to date, and get to know you, and form a relationship.

Again, you don't comprehend how dating works.

Who do you think knows more about how guys work, you, or a guy who's picked girls up in bars before and understands exactly how guys work... cuz, you know, HE'S AN F'N GUY!!!!!!

Trust me, you're NOT on this site because you understand men.....
 fillyphilly
Msg: 579
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/1/2012 5:47:26 AM

Who do you think knows more about how guys work, you, or a guy who's picked girls up in bars before and understands exactly how guys work

You're kidding with this right?
And trust me, you're only 29 and you're already on a dating site AND ranting at women, oh yeah dude, you certainly "comprehend how dating works."
If you understood women you'd be out in the real world forming relationships insteading of spending your days trying to best women on the POF forums by typing in caps. Impressive.
Take a page from some of the mature, successful male forumites and see how they treat women on the forums. That translates to real life and that's why they're successful.
My crystal ball says you're headed on the short yellow bus to banned camp anyway. Buh bye, send us a postcard!
 Capn_America
Msg: 580
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/1/2012 6:52:09 AM
BECAUSE HE WASN'T ONLY LOOKING FOR SEX!!!!!!!!! What part of that is so hard to comprehend?

Well, maybe because jusrt before that you say something like ...

every guy is only looking for sex...

...makes it a bit harder to comprehend...?
 fillyphilly
Msg: 581
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/1/2012 7:25:51 AM
Maybe he was right after all Capn because you understood what the h*ll he was writing. I got lost at the art museums part. I couldn't make f**k all out of his post. ;-) I mean first men don't only look for sex they want someone to go to art museums then they only want sex then he's mad at poor Fleuron. Maybe he should try dating men since women don't comprehend dating.
 Fleuron
Msg: 582
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/1/2012 10:19:46 AM

Who do you think knows more about how guys work, you, or a guy who's picked girls up in bars before and understands exactly how guys work... cuz, you know, HE'S AN F'N GUY!!!!!!

Well there ya go.

You’ve obviously confused me with your bar skanks.

And. I don’t appreciate your nasty tone. I’m not your ex-wife or your whore.

Try some Midol….it’ll take the edge off.
 forums1
Msg: 583
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/1/2012 2:03:31 PM

Oh, and let me guess... you're picking up drunk girls in the bar to take them home and watch TV, read a book, or listen to some Beethoven while enjoying a game of cards? Definitely not sex though, or you would have *said* so, right?
 ezlivin313
Msg: 584
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/1/2012 4:59:17 PM
Are you kidding me Mss Anita??
You are a 40's woman.. single attrative.. not mention your interests__> Interests Music dancing TV
films internet photographs
walking holding hands kissing
touching

YOU ARE WAYYYYYYYYYY HOTTTTTTTTTTT

Bless you for all the things you are.. to bad you are in the UK :( ..peace HOTTTT STUFFF
 ThusSpokeZarathustra
Msg: 585
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/1/2012 5:21:15 PM

Real Men LOVE women like you! strong, opinionated, witty, resourceful, intelligent yet beautiful, sexy and vulnerable.

Conversely real women will only endure transparent pandering sycophants who constantly seek their approval when they need them to stroke their internet egos.

Anybody, male or female, who takes pride in intimidating others is a bully.
 lynyrd_hatchet
Msg: 586
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/1/2012 8:46:58 PM
Well a few years from now you will be wishing guys call you hot , so are these guys that think youre hot old guys?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 587
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/1/2012 9:42:53 PM
I try to answer every message I get. It just seems rude to me not to, however, if you message me and tell me you think I am "hot" chances are you may not like my response. I have very little time for a message like that. It tells me that you probably are playing the law of averages and are copying and pasting that to several women's message board that you think are "HOT". Ask me something different....

You should be happy they are not nasty, instead. Right now in the thread about Dollar Menu Dates, I had one guy call me a "prostitute" and a second one referred to me as a "bottle blonde with big dentures". Hell, I'd take "You are Hot" anytime---thank you very much.

Well a few years from now you will be wishing guys call you hot

Exactly. One should never look a gift horse in the mouth, I always say.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >