Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adora71
Msg: 588
You are Hot!!!Page 21 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
Hey, I keep coming back to this thread because I like clicking on something that tells me I am hot.

@ Plenty of Throwbacks, 59.4% see it as a compliment, with 22.8% viewing it as a rather lame compliment. 12.754% view it as arrogant and demeaning. And the rest are just here, being silly.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 589
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/1/2012 11:59:25 PM
halcyon_skies
You should be happy they are not nasty, instead. Right now in the thread about Dollar Menu Dates, I had one guy call me a "prostitute" and a second one referred to me as a "bottle blonde with big dentures". Hell, I'd take "You are Hot" anytime---thank you very much.

HS one of first times I looked at your profile or when you said something about being in Georgia, the first thing I though of was a line that one actress used a lot in an sit-com 20 some years ago, that she was a "blonde from a bottle Georgia Peach". For the life of me I can't remember the name of the show or her name, but that one line is stuck in my head. I'm not saying this as a put down, just a random trivia thing stuck in my head.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 590
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/2/2012 11:20:00 AM

HS one of first times I looked at your profile or when you said something about being in Georgia, the first thing I though of was a line that one actress used a lot in an sit-com 20 some years ago, that she was a "blonde from a bottle Georgia Peach". For the life of me I can't remember the name of the show or her name, but that one line is stuck in my head. I'm not saying this as a put down, just a random trivia thing stuck in my head.

Well, the term, "Georgia Peach" is actually a misnomer, since I'm a northern transplant----but I think the show in question was "Designing Women" and the blonde was played by the actress, Jean Smart.
 tallmanenters
Msg: 592
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/2/2012 7:17:42 PM
I'm constantly told I am HOT!!!, right here on this forum, let alone my private messages. Which I acknowledge with a nod. I know already that I am a good looking mother'fker.

I demand a bit more effort from the ladies.
 Fleuron
Msg: 595
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 8:02:44 AM

Anybody, male or female, who takes pride in intimidating others is a bully.

Was this aimed at me? I made a statement of fact. If you detect ‘pride’ in my post, that’s on you.

I don’t need anyone to ‘stroke my ego,’ in real life or online, just to be clear.

What’s your glitch? Have you been personally damaged or diminished by Tom’s post? I think it’s nice to see a man be kind to a woman on here for a change. Why that would affect you is a mystery to me. I seem to bring out the worst and the best in men on the same damn page.
 Sanxioned
Msg: 596
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 8:54:29 AM
You should be offended only if the manner/body gestures they use while saying you are hot is/are gross. Like the blatant up-and-down followed by that creepy facial expression men are so good at doing. But if they genuinely seem happy that you are, in fact, attractive like the pictures on the internet showed them, then what's the harm? I mean, would you rather they say "wow, you are definitely not ugly!" or "I shouldn't have been so worried you didn't have HD 1080p pics!"? Granted, hearing "beautiful" or "gorgeous" might sound better, but whether or not they'd use that language should be apparent through preliminary chatting.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 597
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 9:08:11 AM

And trust me, you're only 29 and you're already on a dating site AND ranting at women, oh yeah dude, you certainly "comprehend how dating works."

I work 6 3-11's a week sitting alone in an apartment with people with brain damage. I don't know about you, but I really don't see that as a place to pick up girls. Most of my friends work in bars and restraunts, so guess what they're doing on pretty much every Friday night?

It's crazy, but not everyone works with the public or during the day where they can be available to meet people at all.

There, thats why I'm here... HUGE difference from being someone who's obsessed with the idea that every guy who makes a comment on how she looks is only trying to get her naked.

YOu get an interest in someone, then you persue it. Or in her case, and I'm guessing yours, you get mad at the guy the first time he makes a complement because obviously he's not interested in you, only getting you into bed.
 Zildjian711
Msg: 598
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 10:09:39 AM
Seems this dating game is a double edged sword....we are condemned if we speak our minds or send to short of a message...and damned if we are to PC and go long with a message....Does Hoyle have a book on dating? This has become harder work to find my true love than my career...
 forums1
Msg: 599
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 10:42:27 AM

It's crazy, but not everyone works with the public or during the day where they can be available to meet people at all.

You're around people all day, even if they're ones you wouldn't date. Me, I work from home (IT) and about the only "mammalian contact" I have all day is my cats.

The reality is, its all in the 'presentation' - and here's the important thing - women don't like feeling "objectified", just read the ask-a-girl forum for a while and you'll find a huge number of men who will put up with a pile of BS and a horrible relationship "because she's HOT".

So if a guy pops up 'early on' barely knowing them with 'your HOT' it makes them wonder if he is interested in them as a person, or only interested in them as a "HOT body" (which is obviously purely sexual attraction). I'll make note of Tom's comment to Fleuron - that real men love women like her that are "strong, opinionated, witty, resourceful, intelligent, yet beautiful, sexy, and vulnerable"... ie, he's not just calling her "HOT" as an "attractive object", he's seeing her as a full person with many other qualities one could find attractive, not just 'physical beauty'. And, um, she thanked him for that. It's very much 'contextual', it can be said in appropriate ways ('hot' is one quality among many that you find attractive), vs. viewing her as a 'fresh piece of meat' (which, as a guy, I've spent many decades hearing 'she's hot' from guys in a group, who have zero interest in 'getting to know her as a person').

Any guy who tells me that when the 'hot' woman walks into the room and virtually all the men are salivating like dogs because she's "so hot" is because they think she's got an amazing personality, is full of crap. And if you think she doesn't *know* that 90% of the guys in that room just see her as a 'hot piece of meat' you're kidding yourself. As a guy, you've never experienced it from *her* point of view - and I will tell you that (after years of reading on here as well as personal life-experience) you'd be far better served by treating her like a person than a 'HOT' object. Popping up with "you're HOT!" to her, when you barely know her, is a 'sign' to her you think of her as the latter. Get to know her as a person, and commenting that she's got a ton of amazing qualities - *and* is really hot, will be taken far better.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 601
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 2:38:29 PM

Any guy who tells me that when the 'hot' woman walks into the room and virtually all the men are salivating like dogs because she's "so hot" is because they think she's got an amazing personality, is full of crap.

I don't think there's a man alive who would even attempt to make this claim. So, I'm not sure I understand the point here.

And if you think she doesn't *know* that 90% of the guys in that room just see her as a 'hot piece of meat' you're kidding yourself. As a guy, you've never experienced it from *her* point of view

Right. I'm sure the women who may observe me when I enter a room are doing so because they're thinking "wow, I'd give just about anything to take him home right now, and have an in-depth discussion on thermonuclear physics."
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 603
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 2:45:50 PM
It would be molten, even!
 Gertrude13
Msg: 604
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 3:25:54 PM
There's a difference between "hot" and "beautiful." They can overlap, but "hot" means sexually appealing, at least from what I understand. "Beautiful" can be a sunset, a giggling baby, whatever.

It's reasonable that some women would be annoyed when a man's first overture seems to focus on her fvckability. However, I think they sometimes do mean to say the woman is lovely, but maybe don't want to type so many letters?

So, even though I am personally quite heinous to behold, I wouldn't automatically reject someone who chose that particular opening line. I'd wait to see if he knows any two-syllable or larger words, and if discussion of genitals follows quickly. If No and then Yes, the OP's view is correct, and I wouldn't be able to provide that which he seeks. Otherwise, he might be perfectly fine to talk to and get to know. Only if he's hot, mind you...JK
 fillyphilly
Msg: 605
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 4:27:28 PM
There's nothing further I can say that Forums1 hasn't already written (beautifully) He's the kind of guy who turns me on (and my luck his profile says not single/not looking of course) Intelligent, sense of humor, understands human interaction, great attitude etc. Forums1 whoever took you off the market is one lucky lady. Forgive me for saying this but you're hot!
And Tom is a gentleman, no wonder he has no trouble finding dates.
 Gertrude13
Msg: 606
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 4:44:25 PM

Right. I'm sure the women who may observe me when I enter a room are doing so because they're thinking "wow, I'd give just about anything to take him home right now, and have an in-depth discussion on thermonuclear physics."

Ahem. I would be delighted to engage in this in-depth discussion you mention. I had trouble with hyperbolic and other weirdo coordinate systems in Thermo, and it's always bugged me. Never got to do much with Nucular, neither. Wah...

If you could somehow convey this capability upon entering a room, I'd squeal like a schoolgirl at a Justin Bieber concert and fling my TI-83 about with wild abandon...

Physics is HOTTTTT!

Here. Just lemme change my phone number to get rid of all those damns 4's and 7's, and lose this laptop, and we're golden...
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 607
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 6:42:56 PM

I wouldn't automatically reject someone who chose that particular opening line. I'd wait to see if he knows any two-syllable or larger words, and if discussion of genitals follows quickly.

Bingo.

As I said before, if I were to sit around waiting for a woman to dazzle me with colorful words in an initial compliment before I would get involved with her, I would be quite the lonely man.

I just don't care. No matter what she mustered up, they all mean the same thing. It's not that I don't appreciate big words, either. Hell, I competed in three consecutive Knights of Columbus state spelling bees in my adolescent years. It's all about time and place for me.

Just lemme change my phone number to get rid of all those damns 4's and 7's, and lose this laptop, and we're golden...

Don't forget deleting the POF profile, too. :)
 Gertrude13
Msg: 608
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 6:57:02 PM

Just lemme change my phone number to get rid of all those damns 4's and 7's, and lose this laptop, and we're golden..

Don't forget deleting the POF profile, too. :)

Well, duh...the profile is in my laptop...sheesh...

The thing is, different traits appeal to different people. In real life, physical attractiveness is most likely to be the initial "hook" for both genders. Here in cyberspace, we see something a little different from what you'd observe when someone saunters into a party. So, if a woman painstakingly taps out a profile baring the depths of her soul only to have someone's initial message read, "yer hawt!" then she could possibly experience pique, especially if she is, in fact, attractive, and has had a hard time getting men to see anything about her beyond that.

Or so my hot friends tell me, anyway.
 forums1
Msg: 609
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 7:18:10 PM

Well, duh...the profile is in my laptop...sheesh...

Your profile is on the POF servers, actually... so you could toss the laptop and it'd still be there.
 Gertrude13
Msg: 610
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 7:27:48 PM
^^^LOL. I know that, silly! But if you don't have access to the profile, does it, for all intents and purposes, really exist? Kinda like the sock puppet profiles you see every once in a while in forum-land...no actual human attached to the disembodied words.

It could be a modern-day koan...

However, I usually play on POF from my phone, so it's all moot.=D
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 611
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/3/2012 9:14:10 PM

Well there ya go.

You’ve obviously confused me with your bar skanks.

And. I don’t appreciate your nasty tone. I’m not your ex-wife or your whore.

No, i didn't, not even close.

All I said, is that yes, a guy can call you hot wihtout it meaning he wants to bang you, without it meaning he has any interest in dating you, that it's just a compliment and 100% NOTHING more.

It's YOU that is the problem. YOU are the one that interprets the phrase "you're hot" as meaning "strip and let me get on top of you".

Guess what, you're hot... There, I guess I want to bang you now, right? I wouldn't tell someone almost twice my age that unless I wanted her to get naked for me, right?

It's time to grow up. It's an compliment. Again, since reading comprehension isn't exactly your strong point. We are VERY obvious when we are looking to get laid. If we're asking you to come back to our house the first time we ever talk to you, we're looking for sex. If we're trying to set up another day to go get some coffee or something, we're looking to get to know you. Learn the difference. A guy trying to get laid is as subtle as an elephant sneaking up on a mouse. If we're looking for sex, literally everyone in the bar can tell we're looking for sex.

You confuse a guy wanting to date and get to know you with a guy who only wants to get laid. Something just doesn't click in your head where a guy can show interest in a girl beyond what he can do when she's naked.
 cooldog65
Msg: 612
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 2:00:57 AM

I LOVE BEING CALLED HOT!

If it will please you...You are hot!
 grizzelda
Msg: 613
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 6:59:56 AM

All I said, is that yes, a guy can call you hot wihtout it meaning he wants to bang you, without it meaning he has any interest in dating you, that it's just a compliment and 100% NOTHING more.

It's YOU that is the problem. YOU are the one that interprets the phrase "you're hot" as meaning "strip and let me get on top of you".

Why is she the problem? She doesnt have to graciously accept your compliment, she doesnt HAVE to do anything, unless she solicited your opinion on her appearance, then she doesnt have to react in a way that is acceptable to the one throwing out the compliment. IMO the ones with the problem are the people that are demanding that the person who the "compliment" was directed at behave in a certain way or she is in the wrong or is being ungrateful. That is what is wrong.
 forums1
Msg: 614
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:26:18 AM

Why is she the problem? She doesnt have to graciously accept your compliment, she doesnt HAVE to do anything, unless she solicited your opinion on her appearance, then she doesnt have to react in a way that is acceptable to the one throwing out the compliment. IMO the ones with the problem are the people that are demanding that the person who the "compliment" was directed at behave in a certain way or she is in the wrong or is being ungrateful. That is what is wrong.

C'mon Grizzelda, someone who gets angry and shouts and/or pouts every time they don't get *their* way is just the person everyone wants in a relationship, isn't it?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 615
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:30:42 AM

Yep, he can. It's slim to none that he will, though - VERY few men will go out of their way to inform a woman she's hot without wanting it to go somewhere. Not enough to bother discussing, anyway.
 Infinity_G
Msg: 616
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 8:28:19 AM
Guys, I have a problem here. I want your opinion men and women. If someone you started to chat/text whatever, and after a while before you meet them they will say You Are Hot do you think they are break dealers. I find very insulting and I stop contacting them. Thank you

1. You're wearing a red dress showing off leg, what did you expect??
2. At least he waited a while before saying that....most people in the FIRST email send a message saying "You're hot, wanna chat?" and that's it.

Guess he figured he was justifying in saying it after building rapport with you. Though "Hot" might not have been my choice of words, more like "very pretty" or something. But, though, a compliment either way could be taken as cliche'd....so it might even be moot.

Lighten up, and take the compliment, because I'm sure you were looking for one in that red dress photo.
 khalidinho
Msg: 617
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 9:15:03 AM
Well in my opinion, saying " You're Hot " to a man is 100% acceptable, but to a woman, it's 75% a little bit inappropriate! Because when you say it to a woman, some or most of them think that you just want to fool around and to have sex. So if you want to say like these sentences especially to a woman, and you're not pretty sure she would accept it and consider it as a compliment, just try to say it differently like use it in the middle of your sentence or say it in a joke way but not to cross the line!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >