Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sddude
Msg: 618
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!Page 22 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
I love being called hot and love being gropped by women in a bar while they see me as just a piece of meat
only used for sex and depravity. Oh yeah most guys dream.

I keep dreaming when that time will come. hahahaha.
 grizzelda
Msg: 619
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 9:51:22 AM
^^^^^^^^This is the reality, this is why many men dont get that a lot of women dont care to hear their "compliments", this is why men brush off obnoxious behaviour as women being ****y or ungrateful. Because the vast majority would kill to have any woman give them some sexual attention, any attention is better than none to these men, so because they are willing to accept it, women should as well.
 Fleuron
Msg: 620
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 10:13:07 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES, I agree, grizzelda.

It's YOU that is the problem. YOU are the one that interprets the phrase "you're hot" as meaning "strip and let me get on top of you".

Yeesh. I can tell the difference between a man who wants to get to know me and one who only wants to get laid.

I don’t interpret, ‘you’re hot’ as wanting to get naked and freaky. My personal taste in men runs toward the more imaginative and mature. To me it’s not so much a sexual invitation as incredibly boring and lame. I’m not into boring lame men. If a grown man can’t come up with something more creative than an idiotic Bill and Ted cliché he can take a hike away from me.

Guess what, you're hot... There, I guess I want to bang you now, right? I wouldn't tell someone almost twice my age that unless I wanted her to get naked for me, right?

I’m sure a young strapping hunk like yourself would be doing rickety old broads like me a favor by telling me I’m hot. After all…..I’ve been informed a few times on this thread by various men AND women that in a couple years I’ll be so desperate to hear those two little words from any man that I should be eternally grateful to hear them now, despite my own preference. (eyeroll) I plan on being hot much longer than that.

It's time to grow up.

Make me. : )
 Gertrude13
Msg: 621
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 10:36:56 AM
Fleuron - I am a straight female, but I'm gonna have to go with the consensus around here and agree that you are, indeed, HOT!:)

Yeah, your pic isn't absolutely revealing as to your characteristics that would ordinarily draw such a comment, but your sauciness is pretty delectable!

However, since you seem to know words, I guess if I were a suitor vying for your hand, I might approach you with a comment like, "although your beauty astounds, I'm more intrigued by what I'm reading. Whaddya say we have a blood-boiling political fight over a couple of beers this weekend, or are you chicken?"

Too much?;-)

Seriously, though, you're cracking me up. Thanks!
 ThusSpokeZarathustra
Msg: 622
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:15:06 PM

I seem to bring out the worst and the best in men on the same damn page.

Good to know that spavined bufoonery and toadying arse lickery are what's considered "best in men" these days.

This goes a long way towards expaining why some women's fragile egos are unable to just accept mundane unimaginative compliments from mundane unimaginative men without feeling as if it's an affront to their womanhood.

Since the vast majority of women attempt to conform to the same banal standards of beauty and comportment (and the majority of these POF mavens of mediocrity posting on this thread fail to even hit that mark), it shouldn't come as a surprise that the men who gravitate towards them are similarly lacking.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 623
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 4:36:32 PM

No, i didn't, not even close.

All I said, is that yes, a guy can call you hot wihtout it meaning he wants to bang you, without it meaning he has any interest in dating you, that it's just a compliment and 100% NOTHING more.

It's YOU that is the problem. YOU are the one that interprets the phrase "you're hot" as meaning "strip and let me get on top of you".

Guess what, you're hot... There, I guess I want to bang you now, right? I wouldn't tell someone almost twice my age that unless I wanted her to get naked for me, right?

It's time to grow up. It's an compliment. Again, since reading comprehension isn't exactly your strong point. We are VERY obvious when we are looking to get laid. If we're asking you to come back to our house the first time we ever talk to you, we're looking for sex. If we're trying to set up another day to go get some coffee or something, we're looking to get to know you. Learn the difference. A guy trying to get laid is as subtle as an elephant sneaking up on a mouse. If we're looking for sex, literally everyone in the bar can tell we're looking for sex.

You confuse a guy wanting to date and get to know you with a guy who only wants to get laid. Something just doesn't click in your head where a guy can show interest in a girl beyond what he can do when she's naked.

but when it is followed by them asking if you can get a hotel room for a first date; when it is followed by with another a first meet where they LITERALLY look at your eyes three times and your chest for the remainder of the meet with about every five words being a reference to specific body parts, when yet another ask to cuddle on a first meet, when yet another says they want a gentle quick kiss and then try and take out your tonsils while attempting to grope you like crazy, doesn't it possibly lend itself to believe the very slight possibility that maybe it does, in fact, mean they are wanting to get you naked? (and no, the people who did this did NOT talk like that before meeting in spite of the initial hot comment for those who rail me for bothering to go out with people with one thing on their mind;they talked about tons of stuff before; it was after meeting that the sex switch seemingly turned on full force In a few instances it gave me whiplash; their personality changed so much.)

So can we be forgiven for being in doubt at least a little from that particular "compliment" in spite of the fact that I'm sure some probably mean nothing harmful in it? Maybe some of it is that it's kind of an "easy" compliment, but quite often it is followed by a very specific pattern of behavior that, after a while, leads one to believe it does in fact mean you are seen as a sexual object to be "had", not a whole diverse person to get to know in lots of ways. If once burned twice shy, what about fifty times burned? At least give us the benefit of the doubt if we are uncomfortable around it that there's a decent reason besides us being ridiculously sensitive to something some probably don't mean anything "offensive" by.

Peace :)

(and agree with several, there are several in the forums that do seem classy, diverse and extremely genuine (and not one dimensional); those of you who are like that are really appreciated. Kudos to you)
 providence75
Msg: 624
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 4:43:13 PM
So to sum up: the consensus is that educated women prefer smooth talking players who use big words OVER the patient lad who nervously tries to pay a compliment. Ya, makes perfect sense.

Meems, Pigster and Rob3444: Based on the comments made throughout this thread, I'm quite sure I've fallen in love with all three of you.
 Fleuron
Msg: 625
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 4:43:34 PM
Thanks, Gertrude13. I would so date you if you had a penis.

ThusSpokeZarathustra:

Good to know that spavined bufoonery and toadying arse lickery are what's considered "best in men" these days.

Wow. What makes you so crotchety? Men not being jerkoffs to women? It must be so comical and beneath the ultra testosteroney specimen of manhood that is you. (EYEROLL)

This goes a long way towards expaining why some women's fragile egos are unable to just accept mundane unimaginative compliments from mundane unimaginative men without feeling as if it's an affront to their womanhood.

Oh, who said that. Your own ego must be like vapor for you to be so personally affected by something that has nothing to do with you.

Since the vast majority of women attempt to conform to the same banal standards of beauty and comportment (and the majority of these POF mavens of mediocrity posting on this thread fail to even hit that mark)…..

Aw, poor thing, no one measures up to you. : ( Well hey, if you’ve got the lung power you could have yourself a whole harem of nice compliant rubber women you never have to try to impress.

You’ve been boning up on your thesaurus. Good for you. ; )
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 626
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 4:52:38 PM

This is the reality, this is why many men dont get that a lot of women dont care to hear their "compliments", this is why men brush off obnoxious behaviour as women being ****y or ungrateful. Because the vast majority would kill to have any woman give them some sexual attention, any attention is better than none to these men, so because they are willing to accept it, women should as well.

Yep Grizz...this is the crux of it; agreed.
 Gertrude13
Msg: 627
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 4:59:06 PM

You’ve been boning up on your thesaurus. Good for you. ; )

Heh heh. She said boning up. Heh. Laws, I do miss the moties...

As loath as I am to incur the wrath of one as verbose as Mr. SPAKE, I must take issue with this stance that catcalls and creative comments like "YOUR HOT!" wound our ego's in some way. They do not, at least according to my more aesthetically-gifted girlfriends.

What these comments do is indicate that the sender may be stupid, or that he may hold the receiver in low esteem. While the "hotties" should not hate the sender for his lack of grey matter or lack of interest in them as humans (aside from genitalia,) they can at times become irritated with the fifty "buckshot" messages in their inboxes.

Annoyed. Not wounded. Annoyed.

There could possibly be an interesting guy behind that message. It's a shame he didn't show it, because with the hotties, you only really get one shot. If that:)

And I think it's spelled "buffoonery." ;-)
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 628
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:22:15 PM

these lips were made for kissing
and that's just what they'll do
one of these days
these lips are gonna kiss all over YOU.

ok lips, start kissin'

Oh, boy. I'm afraid that might earn a guy a rhyme in return. Something like..

Your balls were made for kicking.
And that's just what I'll do.
Save your silly rhymes
For someone as goofy as you.
 fillyphilly
Msg: 629
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:29:18 PM
^^Actually not from every woman. I just sent him an email asking him to marry me. He's a sweetheart. And cute too.
 jadegreen
Msg: 630
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:41:48 PM
Just as a suggestion take the picture down of you in the red dress. ..I think red gets their blood going...lol....and maybe make comment in your profile that compliments about your physical appearance makes you uncomfortable...I'm very reserved person that suppresses my emotions when I first meet someone, so I sometimes do not know how to react to compliments either....sometimes it depends on the maturity in which it is delivered....or if the compliment is rather impulsive.......self control, self control, self control.....
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 631
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:52:11 PM

^^Actually not from every woman. I just sent him an email asking him to marry me. He's a sweetheart. And cute too.

Well, alrighty.

If this actually happens, I will perform his reworked song at yours and his wedding free of charge.
 MsMicki
Msg: 632
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/4/2012 9:12:42 PM
Man it's a shame our posts don't show up on our profiles anymore......
Some men could get a serious heads up on the holier than thou princesses in here!!
I just love all the "I want him to like me for "who" I am" chicks that have went to alot of trouble to post pics of themselves looking "hot"!!

It's a sad, sad day when a man cannot compliment a woman he has been conversing with........
What's the big deal with just saying Thank You and seeing where else the conversation goes???

I shall pop more popcorn and refresh my beer while waiting to see how many more pairs of panties end up in a wad in this thread!!
 sddude
Msg: 633
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 9:59:03 AM
wow people are mean here, I can smell the rotten flesh of people being killed and the rotting balls that have been kicked and ruptured ,hahahaha

I have gangrene ooozing out of my eyeballs now.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 634
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 10:29:04 AM

but when it is followed by them asking if you can get a hotel room for a first date; when it is followed by with another a first meet where they LITERALLY look at your eyes three times and your chest for the remainder of the meet with about every five words being a reference to specific body parts, when yet another ask to cuddle on a first meet, when yet another says they want a gentle quick kiss and then try and take out your tonsils while attempting to grope you like crazy, doesn't it possibly lend itself to believe the very slight possibility that maybe it does, in fact, mean they are wanting to get you naked? (and no, the people who did this did NOT talk like that before meeting in spite of the initial hot comment for those who rail me for bothering to go out with people with one thing on their mind;they talked about tons of stuff before; it was after meeting that the sex switch seemingly turned on full force In a few instances it gave me whiplash; their personality changed so much.)

Right, and tell me, WTF is SUBTLE about that?

Do you people not understand what the word subtle means?
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 635
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 10:33:35 AM

Why is she the problem? She doesnt have to graciously accept your compliment, she doesnt HAVE to do anything, unless she solicited your opinion on her appearance, then she doesnt have to react in a way that is acceptable to the one throwing out the compliment. IMO the ones with the problem are the people that are demanding that the person who the "compliment" was directed at behave in a certain way or she is in the wrong or is being ungrateful. That is what is wrong.

She's the problem because SHE is the one that assumes that the phrase "you're hot" has more behind it than just being a compliment.

Think whatever you want about what it means, that's fine... But don't act on it. Don't confuse me with some dbag that's trying to bang every woman he see's just because I use that phrase as a compliment.

That's my problem with a lot of the women in this thread.

There is not one single person on PoF that is here because they understand the opposite sex 100%. Maybe it's time to start actually listening to the guys about what guys are thinking, and not a single woman on a dating site?

Fleuron is the problem because SHE is the one that chooses how she is going to react to that line.
 Capn_America
Msg: 636
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 10:38:25 AM
She's the problem because SHE is the one that assumes that the phrase "you're hot" has more behind it than just being a compliment.

The "phrase" (its nto a phrase, its two words...) has all the meanning of what it is. That being said, if a guy cant have more imagination than a 2 year old, I dont see how much of a relationship can be expected.
"you stink"
"you rock!"
"you beaudiful"
"you suck!"
Or a combination of all of those over a few years would drive me nutz.

There is not one single person on PoF that is here because they understand the opposite sex 100%

I beg to differ. Its a lot easier to understand women then it is men.

There is not one single person on PoF that is here because they understand the opposite sex 100%

Ironic coming from someone who attacks a forum member instead of the thread tittle.
Fleuron live in MY country; it makes her a semi-perfect human being, waaayyyy more elevated in talent, status, and oumph than most people in more ways than one.

Do you people not understand what the word subtle means?

I think your confusing "not understanding" with "not really giving a f***"...

Don't confuse me with some dbag that's trying to bang every woman he see's just because I use that phrase as a compliment.

I had a NIFTY little idea JUST now.... ; why not NOT use it?
 Capn_America
Msg: 637
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 10:39:36 AM
wow people are mean here, I can smell the rotten flesh of people being killed and the rotting balls that have been kicked and ruptured ,hahahah

Welcome to POF; we don`t bury our dead, we horribly mutilate them, saw off body parts and eat them with ketchup while watching movies........................
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 638
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 10:43:19 AM
The "phrase" (its nto a phrase, its two words...) has all the meanning of what it is. That being said, if a guy cant have more imagination than a 2 year old, I dont see how much of a relationship can be expected.
"you stink"
"you rock!"
"you beaudiful"
"you suck!"
Or a combination of all of those over a few years would drive me nutz.

And what do you suggest? Does anyone ever think that not everyone is a ****ing poet? FFS.... Threads like this are why so many of you are single. You have a really unrealistic expectation of reality. Go outside, go try to date someone that you DON'T meet on a website... And then accept the disappointment of what the real world is like.

If it's not you're hot, it's something equally as simple.... You have nice eyes, your hair looks nice, etc.... What is the difference?

I had a NIFTY little idea JUST now.... ; why not NOT use it?

Oh, I did... Some sarcasm came after it, but I did say it as a compliment... But princess doesn't like that.
 Capn_America
Msg: 639
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 10:54:24 AM

Threads like this are why so many of you are single. You have a really unrealistic expectation of reality.

Right. That`s why I blame everyone for not using the words "your hot" and then think that`s why they`re single.....
I think your making a Titanic out of not much dude, give it a rest, seriously.

Oh, I did... Some sarcasm came after it, but I did say it as a compliment... But princess doesn't like that.

Another idea; change princesses. Or try an openning line different than your hot. Apparently it causes problems.

In the +/- 20 years I`ve been in relationships, with the numerous, without being plentifull, girls I`ve met, I can honestly say I never ONCE, even dating them for 3 years or more, used those words. They don`t apply in my book, I feel its rather vulgar, and it seems to be an opinion of not just women, but many men as well. I don,t see what the issue is, going nutsoid over 2 crappy little words. I mean really, who GIVES a flying crap? I really don't care. Probably half of you guys behind your PC screens could care less. I'm sure Rockstar`s not some stupid d*ck who can't put a foot in front of the other, I`m sure Fleuron isnt some cheap 2 dollar princess who throws fits out of everything....so....
Why the hell are we having this conversation?

I just think "your hot" sucks, anybody else can think whatever they want. But I dont feel people should get told they suck and can't get dates because in their books it rhymes like a lack of class. Hell, that`s what it says in mine...
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 640
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 11:07:40 AM
I just think "your hot" sucks, anybody else can think whatever they want. But I dont feel people should get told they suck and can't get dates because in their books it rhymes like a lack of class. Hell, that`s what it says in mine...

FIne, think whatever the hell you want. But I don't want to hear that I suck, and I'm lame because I've said that phrase before.

Is it really that bad to just keep your opinion to yourself? I'm not the one who came here saying that "when a guy says "you're hot" he's looking for more, it's never just a compliment."

All I'm doing is trying to make the point that im not some ***hole just beacuse I've used the phrase "you're hot". Hell, to me, being creative is worse, because I see putting that extra effort as trying to trick the girl into seeing you as a lot better than you really are...

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how you compliment someone, it doesn't matter how you take those compliments. Just shut the **** up about them, and stop talking down to me because I might use a phrase that you don't agree with.

Also, wtf is with canadian people being so fucking uptight on this site? And you're all from the same part of Canada...
 _shakti_
Msg: 641
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 11:12:36 AM

Also, wtf is with canadian people being so ****ing uptight on this site? And you're all from the same part of Canada...
What a ridiculous statement.

Really on a roll I see..
 lynyrd_hatchet
Msg: 642
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 11:17:50 AM
Why do you think or need to say canadians are uptight ? have you met every canadian in person?
the way i see it is some women dont like to be called hot and some does, some guys will say it as a compliment and some guys says it to get laid.

i remember the first time i heard a dude at a club tell his buddies that this club was sick, the women there are sick do you know how many people thought that meant the place sucked, different things means different things to people.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >