Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 providence75
Msg: 643
You are Hot!!!Page 23 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
I blame Canada for everything I can't blame on a guy. Saves me from having to be creative... ;)
 sddude
Msg: 644
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 11:26:13 AM
Human body parts flying with bloody ketchup, lets place some arms and thighs on the grill. damn
people spew all sorts of stuff talking about common phrases like "your hot".
Are you guys horribly so scared and disfigured when hearing that phrase ?

I have used that phrase, I have alot of female friends and even say it to women over middle age and I get a smile or a thank you . Younger ones hear alot more and if they do not like it they ignore it or just smile or make a "i just farted face".

Women say that to guys too , big muscle guys getting off their harley , heck even my sister has told that to guys in my presence , usually guys turn red and smile , do not know what to say.

I have never been told that.

I told that to one of my GF's when I just met her, " she answered me ,"your not", talked to me and we did not even had sex the first month, it was short lived anyhow like for a month and a half before she cheated.

Loosen up we are not saying terms like "you are ugly , you should die and be burned at the stake while being beaten with the ugly stick " then I think we should argue of that not being proper bar etiquette.
 Capn_America
Msg: 645
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 11:34:11 AM
But I don't want to hear that I suck, and I'm lame because I've said that phrase before.

Hey, everyone's entitled to an opinion, wether we like it or not. I got told often enough I got a bad attitude, and wether it's true or not, I shut up and take it. No choice. And NO people can't shut up, this is a forum dude, where your gonna see the same lame opinions over and over again. Like Lez said to Superman, if you can't take the heat get out of the tunnel I just think you should chill out instead of blasting Fleuron. Fleuron's a great gall, one in a million.

Hell, to me, being creative is worse, because I see putting that extra effort as trying to trick the girl into seeing you as a lot better than you really are...

You can see it that way, but its not the point. When I compliment a lady, I dont have ill intentions behind my head. I want to compliment her with as accurate and as creative a one so she enjoys it, not so I get better odds at bangning her. If it happens, good. If it doesn't, too bad. It's not the point.

Just shut the **** up about them, and stop talking down to me because I might use a phrase that you don't agree with.

No one ever will. I'll be the first one to speak in fact; I'm just an ahole like that Instead of seeing it that way, own up to what you believe and don't throw tantrums, makes you look like a 2 y old or an abused guy or something. Not cool.

Also, wtf is with canadian people being so ****ing uptight on this site? And you're all from the same part of Canada...

Thats a very moronic and un-observant statement. I'm French, from Quebec, and am NOT Canadian (I am on paper, but not in spirit). I'm one of those crazy terrorist Quebec Seperatists who wants to see KKKanada burn...LOL.
So I'm very different from most Canadians out there. Doesn't mean I hate them, doesnt mean they arent good people. But I'm not uptight. Just a mean **stard....
 Fleuron
Msg: 646
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 11:34:12 AM

Fleuron is the problem because SHE is the one that chooses how she is going to react to that line.

Holy crap….how dare I do that! Just who do I think I am, anyway? First I expect a man to fork over 65 cents for a coffee meet and now this. What is the world coming to? I am one Entitled Princess.

Men be warned. I expect you to treat me with respect and all that other horrible stuff you don’t want to have to do.

So, im_a_rockstar, who should choose how I react to that line? You? Yeah that ain’t happening.

Obviously you didn’t bother to read my previous post to you, Msg. 703. Please read that for my explanation as I am much too busy princessing to repeat myself.

I have adjusted my profile to reflect my Royal Status.

Capn_America:
Fleuron live in MY country; it makes her a semi-perfect human being, waaayyyy more elevated in talent, status, and oumph than most people in more ways than one

What an absolute sweetheart you are. You may buy my coffee and kiss my hand whilst on your knees before me.

Clue to im_a_rockstar: I really am a nice person, believe it or not. Probably you could comment on something OTHER THAN LOOKS.
 forums1
Msg: 647
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 12:13:29 PM
Isn't a person turning into a raving anger nut over a simple 2 word phrase not being accepted by *some* people such an attractive quality? I could imagine being in a relationship with someone who couldn't accept you having your own opinion about something, and ranting about it on and on and on...

... or, well, no... I couldn't imagine it, because it'd be over rather quickly at the first sign of it.
 providence75
Msg: 648
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 12:28:22 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ tru dat!!
 ThusSpokeZarathustra
Msg: 649
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 12:28:45 PM
@Gertrude13

And I think it's spelled "buffoonery." ;-)

Thank you for the correction, the English language has always been a bit of a struggle for me, so I appreciate well-meaning corrections. Let me return the favour along with a bit of advice. Verbose refers to the use of "too many" words and is not an adjective used to describe the nature of the words used. If you are going to correct other people's errors, be sure that your own post is free of them ;-)

Secondly;

What these comments do is indicate that the sender may be stupid, or that he may hold the receiver in low esteem. While the "hotties" should not hate the sender for his lack of grey matter or lack of interest in them as humans (aside from genitalia,) they can at times become irritated with the fifty "buckshot" messages in their inboxes.

This thread is not about "catcalls" and "buckshot" message in people's inboxes, perhaps you should read the original post again.

Guys, I have a problem here. I want your opinion men and women. If someone you started to chat/text whatever, and after a while before you meet them they will say You Are Hot do you think they are break dealers.

You are welcome for allowing me to correct your understanding of what this thread is about.

@fleuron

Oh, who said that. Your own ego must be like vapor for you to be so personally affected by something that has nothing to do with you.

I wouldn't attempt to find a word to describe how wispy yours must be after reading your posting history.

Aw, poor thing, no one measures up to you. : ( Well hey, if you’ve got the lung power you could have yourself a whole harem of nice compliant rubber women you never have to try to impress.

My wife would find that very strange behaviour indeed, and perhaps would disapprove of sharing a bed with "rubber women".

@MsMicki

I shall pop more popcorn and refresh my beer while waiting to see how many more pairs of panties end up in a wad in this thread!!

We are going to need the "jaws of life" to extract the wad from some of these ladies' vaginas.
 sddude
Msg: 650
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 12:36:24 PM
alot of personal attacks and little about the thread, this thread should be called I do not like your opinion so I will personally attack you thread.

By the way I will extract those stuck panties with my teath if you let me.
 Capn_America
Msg: 651
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 1:16:28 PM

I blame Canada for everything I can't blame on a guy. Saves me from having to be creative... ;)

Ah, someone else who owns the south park movie
 cuddlemonster
Msg: 652
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 2:04:09 PM
Just keep it simple.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 653
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 2:11:19 PM
Gonna rename this thread you are heated... at least in regards to a few of the posters in here...

apparently it's a somewhat charged subject...
 Fleuron
Msg: 654
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 2:32:30 PM

I wouldn't attempt to find a word to describe how wispy yours must be after reading your posting history.

You forgot to say you can tell why I’m here, and to threaten me with eternal PoF membership and a future with 25 cats.

im_a_rockstar: You’re taking my preferences personally. I’m not saying that you are lame or boring. My comments are my opinion only.
 Gertrude13
Msg: 655
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 3:26:11 PM
I am truly delighted that Mr. Spake appreciated his newfound knowledge of the correct spelling of buffoonery! My life now has meaning!

I am aware of the meaning of the word "verbose," as English is not my second language. Engaging you would likely result in a response with "too many words.". Good thing I was way off with that one!

As for your concern that my comment did not answer the OP directly, I must agree, it did not! The OP objected to the use of "you're hot" AFTER the initial message. However, I imagine that she would find the use of that mini-phrase objectionable in the initial message as well.

I understand your commitment to keeping all the posts on a dating site thread strictly on topic, but I'm afraid that the very nature of a "discussion board" ensures that the original topic will be expanded upon as different people weigh in. Awful, I know...

In this case, the"buckshot" inbox messages and catcalls show a lack of interest in the target as a human, but likely interest in them as a possible sperm receptacle.
When someone tells another person he or she is "hot," it means that he or she finds the person sexually attractive. Either that, or they just can't spell "pretty."

It's not a big leap;)

It can be quite nice to be told that you are sexually appealing, but for many women, they'd prefer that the male notice something besides her fun bags prior to contemplating sexual compatibility.

Nothing to get your knickers in a twist about, though...go ahead and say that to whomever you want. The females who dislike it will just ignore or block you, kindly saving you the trouble of dealing with an uptight bytch, yes?

See? It's a win/win!=D
 forums1
Msg: 656
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 4:38:31 PM

Nothing to get your knickers in a twist about, though...go ahead and say that to whomever you want. The females who dislike it will just ignore or block you, kindly saving you the trouble of dealing with an uptight bytch, yes?

See? It's a win/win!=D

You would think. But it sounds like *some* people are expecting you should take everything the way *they think you should*, not the way you think you should. And, well, to that... tough cookies, that's life, if you find it doesn't work out for you a good percentage of the time - maybe, just *maybe*, its time to try a different approach.

It all just seems to me like a hissy fit over getting rejected. Would that make this the 8,957,228,456'th "nice guy" thread on POF?
 NJ_Phil
Msg: 657
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 5:39:42 PM
Another twist to the "You are Hot" topic is this.

You see someone really attractive, email, text, meet.. Damn Is she freakin Hawt or what. Feels like you died and went to heaven.

Then you meet.. No, don't touch my hair, I just did it.
Ask to go out on Wednesday.. No, I'm at the gym all night Mon, Wed, Thurs
Saturday is spent at the tanning salon and getting her nails done.
Sunday shopping for some new beach clothes.

Sure you are Hot, but WTF for ?
 SweetPea7896
Msg: 658
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 5:48:03 PM

Guys, I have a problem here. I want your opinion men and women. If someone you started to chat/text whatever, and after a while before you meet them they will say You Are Hot do you think they are break dealers. I find very insulting and I stop contacting them.

hmmmmm? I'm curious, why do you post sexy nice pictures of yourself on your profile if you don't expect to get positive reactions from guys? Weren't you trying to get compliments when you posted those pictures? As a women, if a guy tells me I'm hot, I don't take it as an insult. Not where I"m from, not sure what your culture is like but a compliment like that is music to my ears.
 Gertrude13
Msg: 659
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 7:58:48 PM

You would think. But it sounds like *some* people are expecting you should take everything the way *they think you should*, not the way you think you should. And, well, to that... tough cookies, that's life, if you find it doesn't work out for you a good percentage of the time - maybe, just *maybe*, its time to try a different approach.

Amen, brother, testify!!!

The OP personally finds "you're hot" to be an irritating or offensive comment. So she tosses this opinion into forum-land, presumably to determine if other girl fishies are of the same opinion. Some of the women responded that they wouldn't mind hearing that, and others responded that they would, and attempted to explain why.

Now, a male reader who enjoys telling women they are hot really has two reasonable courses of action here. If he finds the women who dislike the phrase appealing, he could heed what they say and increase his chances of scoring with other women of the same mindset. If he finds the women who dislike the phrase to be uptight, b*tchy, or unappealing in any way, he can ensure that "you're hot!" appears on every message he sends, thus ensuring that he will not have to suffer the company of these women in the future.

Difficult to comprehend how this can result in such angst, but there you have it.
 _shakti_
Msg: 660
I'm a Hot Canadian!!! & I Love Quebec!
Posted: 6/5/2012 9:53:50 PM
^^ Nice

adora71
Msg: 661
I'm a Hot Canadian!!! & I Love Quebec!
Posted: 6/5/2012 10:28:46 PM
I love those dead trolls in a baggie. The Toronto song is also a classic.
 nightowl2004
Msg: 662
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/5/2012 11:49:27 PM
Well, since I live in Orlando, FL. I respond, "My air conditioner broke & I am hot". Talk about the weather. Just play along. Don't get bent out of shape by those 3 words. If the conversation deteriorates, say BYE BYE.
 jadegreen
Msg: 663
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/6/2012 12:13:36 AM
I think it all boils down to being made to feel like an "object" sometimes.....I know I've "played along" many times in my life and sometimes it just "hits you wrong" and you feel like an "object" intead of it feeling like a great compliment....I think some people will never understand this...the person on the other end of it I guess has no idea they just made you feel like an object....and I am an humble person and do not think I'm hot, I can empathize, but I would suggest taking any pictures down showing skin etc.....anything considered sexy....it will help a lil bit....
 Capn_America
Msg: 664
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/6/2012 6:08:46 AM
I think it all boils down to being made to feel like an "object" sometimes

Well, I think its cool to feel or make someone feel, like an object in a very specific circumstance...like after a candlelight dinner and some romantic making out in bed...

And I want this theme song to play everytime I come into a forum!! ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxPRHXgYVlk
 fillyphilly
Msg: 665
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/6/2012 7:27:23 AM
Correct Capn. But that's once you know the person and have something going (though for you and a few other forumites many of us would make an exception .) Some of us are on here to form relationships. That would be two mature adults connecting on an intellectual, physical, spiritual level. Emailing someone to tell him/her, ur hot is the same as yelling out the car window and honking your horn at passing women. Idiotic. Not something flattering or on which to begin a serious relationship over the age of 13. When I email a man to begin with or receive an email from a man, I assume he knows I find him attractive and I assume he's writing because he finds me attractive. The fact that he's taken the time to write tells me so.
The kind of guy who emails UR HOT to women is the kind who also yells "SHOW US YOUR TITS" before passing out in a pool of his own vomit during Spring Break.
 Capn_America
Msg: 666
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/6/2012 7:34:41 AM

SHOW US YOUR TITS" before passing out in a pool of his own vomit during Spring Break.

I beg to differ, one does not prevent the other lol. I was in a very stable relationship, with my gf at the time hammered as much as me, when I was at a party and was yelling "Show us your tits" before ALMOST passing out in the pool (but not of my own vomit, I managed to crawl to the bathroom before getting there) LOL. It's a matter of perspective. I find sending messages to strangers saying that completely innapropriate. I don't think its a compliment to a girl, or those words have a place in a serious conversation.
Getting hammered with friends and yelling stupidities when they know your screwing around however, whole different ballgame
Speaking of which, I would DEFINATELY have a beer or two or 20 these days...lol. Been a long time since I danced naked on a table.
ooopps...okay guys, carry on
 Fleuron
Msg: 667
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/6/2012 9:09:13 AM

The kind of guy who emails UR HOT to women is the kind who also yells "SHOW US YOUR TITS" before passing out in a pool of his own vomit during Spring Break.

Hilarious!! I almost just passed out.

Making a real connection requires a few more brain cells than is necessary to present as a horny creep for women who aren’t desperate for any kind of male attention. I appreciate luscious man meat as much as the next girl but if I want something more than a cheap thrill I’ll keep my lascivious thoughts to myself until he’s thoroughly under my spell. Wise men would do the same.

Capn, just how many beers would it take to get you naked on a table? Filly and I will split the cost of the booze and set up the lights and cameras for you.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >