Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rob3444
Msg: 696
You are Hot!!!Page 25 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)

I find it insulting when someone comments on my chest, asking me to have sex with them or showing me pictures of their penis. Lots of idiots on this site.

Hey guys keep it up! Not to this particular person, but in general. If this is what "lots" of guys are doing it's great because it brings the whole men out number female thing to a more even level. No wonder it's so easy to get a date on here. Just don't send pics of your junk, I can can do that in fact, I stopped doing that years ago. Well then I was already 40 something last time it did such a thing but never again!
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 697
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/10/2012 12:23:21 PM
"I find it insulting when someone comments on my chest, asking me to have sex with them or showing me pictures of their penis. Lots of idiots on this site."

And what would happen if they called you hot?
 Gertrude13
Msg: 698
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/10/2012 9:26:05 PM

Hey guys keep it up! Not to this particular person, but in general. If this is what "lots" of guys are doing it's great because it brings the whole men out number female thing to a more even level. No wonder it's so easy to get a date on here. Just don't send pics of your junk, I can can do that in fact, I stopped doing that years ago. Well then I was already 40 something last time it did such a thing but never again!

Har. NOW you're in trouble! You just exposed the male online dater's secret weapon! Post godawful advice in the forums and convince the average joe that this will get him nookie, thus disgusting all the females they try to contact and leaving a clear playing field for the less-gullible menfolk.

Oh, we're onto you now!

And...u r hot!;)
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 700
Random gobbledeegook
Posted: 6/11/2012 11:18:39 PM

People yelling in the distant river valley and the sound of rice rockets flying through river road.
Sylvester having to egg spatula his hand off the stove was what triggered the memory of the poodle running across the wave of snow. Bent conduits and rusting tractors were cracking ice and moving air bubbles. It's nice when they are squeaky clean. Their downtown is better but I've never seen a live wild porcupine until that night in the football field.

after finally wading through the last pre hidden profile email (from someone who though drop dead gorgeous was a self professed alphamale who, while looking for someone mentally stimulating and emotionally challenging; was mostly looking for an open minded sexual uh, dominant and, having had a foot fetish wanted someone who loved their heels and painted toenails...

after that, the above in nasal Bronx with allergies even would STILL sound unbelievably hot compared to the previous email...
 Vardøger
Msg: 701
Random gobbledeegook
Posted: 6/11/2012 11:42:53 PM
I do quite like how the subject line has been fitted to more appropriately reflect the, oh, well, you know, ontological dialogue which we find has authentic phenomonological Being and genuine presence as evidenced by an ongoing becoming.

where are you going with all that cute in your pants and all that sweet in your smile you dollop of deliciousness?
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 702
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 7:08:44 AM

Agree with this big time. :) Appreciate intelligence (and sense of humor; so the funny can be just as entertaining as the "real word" ones, so this female forumite would also be intrigued...

Using the big word means you have a big vocabulary.

Talking so that everyone can understand what you're saying, that's a sign of being smart.

But anyway, what can someone say that's REALLY any better than "you're hot"? "You have nice eyes"?

I've never seen a group of people as offended over a compliment as this thread.
 forums1
Msg: 703
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 7:16:13 AM

Talking so that everyone can understand what you're saying, that's a sign of being smart.

I could argue that - telling the cop who just pulled you over "I hate cops, you're all a**holes", or saying the same to the judge when you get to court, is very plain talk and I think everyone could understand what you are saying... I'd argue that its not very 'smart' though.
 Kariann71
Msg: 704
Random gobbledeegook
Posted: 6/12/2012 7:26:23 AM

(Kind of like getting Sean Connery to read your shopping list -- it wouldn't matter what he said, it would just be hot)

Amen to that sister... LOL

British, Irish or Scottish, Canadian... All good. I'm a sucker for a sexy accent.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 706
Random gobbledeegook
Posted: 6/12/2012 7:42:24 AM
I sound like Pee Wee Herman on helium.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 707
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 7:43:41 AM

I could argue that - telling the cop who just pulled you over "I hate cops, you're all a**holes", or saying the same to the judge when you get to court, is very plain talk and I think everyone could understand what you are saying... I'd argue that its not very 'smart' though.

I know a lot of that was a joke... But, to explain it better...

"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request." is a big vocabulary.
"No." is being smart
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 708
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 7:48:37 AM

so, different from an American one

Ah, but there is no "definitive" American accent. There are many different ones.
 forums1
Msg: 709
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 7:53:38 AM
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request." is a big vocabulary.
"No." is being smart

That depends on the request though doesn't it? I mean, if that "hot" babe is saying "I want to have sex with you right here, right now, on the floor" - is either of those answers "smart"?

Smart is irrelevant to the vocabulary, big or small - dumb people can use large words, and smart people can use small words, and vice versa. Two PhD's in nuclear physics talking can use 'big vocabulary' and understand each other perfectly well, and in fact probably communicate their real meaning "smarter" than in a large amount of smaller words, whereas that 'big vocabulary' might baffle you or I - it purely depends on the context of who you are communicating with at the time. I might agree that a 'smart' person would tailor their wording to the level of the person they are talking to, but that doesn't mean that smaller words are always 'better/smarter'.
 Fleuron
Msg: 710
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 7:59:23 AM

But anyway, what can someone say that's REALLY any better than "you're hot"? "You have nice eyes"?

You’re just not getting it.

Men think that women want what MEN want. We don’t. We don’t want penis pics or smut talk right out of the gate like (some) men do. It’s not that we’re not sexual; it’s that some of us would like to get to know a man before being presented with his penis. Literally or otherwise.

WHY do you have to comment on a woman’s looks at all? That’s superficial and meaningless. You would not be contacting a woman on here if you didn’t find her attractive, would you? Stating the obvious is NOT necessary and borders on obnoxious.

Read her profile. Find an interest in common and comment on THAT. The funnest messages I get from men say something about one or more of my interests and nothing needs to be said about the way I look to him.

How is a woman supposed to respond, anyway? ‘Thank you.’ Then what? You gotta think of something else to say and are right back where you started.

What’s so hard to understand, here? Is being respectful really that challenging to some men? Keeeripes.

I’ve been told I have a hardcore Yankee accent but to me it sounds regular and everybody else has an accent.
 Capn_America
Msg: 712
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 8:07:13 AM

Men think that women want what MEN want. We don’t.

You know, I agree to disagree. Men do think they know what women want, in a basic sense, but in a broader sense, men want exactly what women want; to be loved, appreciated, to matter. Granted, a lot of men on here don't want, or seem to want that; our methods vastly differ, as do our experiences. But bottom line, a lot of honest people who just this place did so not to fnd sex, not to find cash, but to find someone that they can spend time with, for the next 80 years or so. I think in a basic way, both men and women want that.
It's just that there are SO many that f*ck around with it instead of really sticking to it LOL.

PS, I dont want penis pics either
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 713
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 8:10:11 AM
WHY do you have to comment on a woman’s looks at all? That’s superficial and meaningless. You would not be contacting a woman on here if you didn’t find her attractive, would you? Stating the obvious is NOT necessary and borders on obnoxious.

Read her profile. Find an interest in common and comment on THAT. The funnest messages I get from men say something about one or more of my interests and nothing needs to be said about the way I look to him.

How is a woman supposed to respond, anyway? ‘Thank you.’ Then what? You gotta think of something else to say and are right back where you started.

What’s so hard to understand, here? Is being respectful really that challenging to some men? Keeeripes.

Why do women have to comment on how I look? Why do so many people have to make a comment on my eyes?

It's not being disrespectful by giving someone a compliment.

Come to a nursing home with me sometime, and listen to the things that the old ladies say to me... And you'll see a HUGE difference between a compliment like "you're hot" and someone being rude and disrespectful in the way that a lot of people are taking "you're hot". Let's not make this only about what men are saying.

It's a compliment, say thank you, and move on. Everyone takes them differently, what's disrespectful to one person might be the one thing someone else really wants to hear.

If I say you have a great ass, that might get you really mad, while if I say that to someone who used to be really obese and went to the gym every day and got herself down to having a really fit body, a comment like that might have made that the best day she's had in years...
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 714
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 8:14:13 AM

You live in the perpetual sunshine? Is that Hot?

Quite hot. I get to wear my jackets for approximately two to three weeks each "winter" we have.

However, don't be fooled by the postcards featuring sunny beach scenery. It rains constantly here during the summer.
 Fleuron
Msg: 716
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 9:21:14 AM

You know, I agree to disagree. Men do think they know what women want, in a basic sense, but in a broader sense, men want exactly what women want; to be loved, appreciated, to matter.

I agree to agree with that, but I’m referring to narrower interaction between men and women.

How do (some) men approach a woman in bed? Direct assault to the goodies? Or a nice slow journey to get her heat up before trying to take the plunge? Okay I can’t write about that anymore. You get my point, though, right? Yes, we all want to be loved, blah blah blah, but trust me when I say some guys have no friggin clue.

PS, I dont want penis pics either

After I posted I figured someone would read it that way, and I’m not surprised it was you. : )

Why do women have to comment on how I look? Why do so many people have to make a comment on my eyes?

Seriously?? Why does the earth rotate on its axis? If someone does something you don’t like, do not interact with that person anymore. If someone was punching you in the head, would you just stand there and take it forever?

You’re fighting your own argument. First you complain that women are commenting on your eyes, then you say it’s not disrespectful to give someone a compliment. NO, it’s not disrespectful to give someone a compliment.

How about if someone ‘complimented’ someone with this, ‘Hey, your fat azz distracts nicely from your hideous face.’ Should that person be flattered?

Honestly, I give up. You are being deliberately obstinate and twisting my words around and I’m sorry old ladies in nursing homes are being treated badly, but that has nothing to do with this thread.

Trying to explain a different point of view to you is like trying to cram toothpaste back in the tube. Plus I’m feeling very grouchy today.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 717
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 9:28:36 AM
^^^ LOL: feeling like you are beating your head against a brick wall are you? Know what you mean... it's almost like it's being deliberately twisted sometimes, isn't it?

On 3ffervescent's giving accents to some of the masses in here

Accents are hot totally agree, and some of them are funny as well as tone of voice (remember way back in teh day when I worked in a nursery this DROP dead gorgeous 6'6" tall hunk of man walked in and made a beeline for me and I was ALL set to melt on the spot (I love voices too; they are a massive turnon; especially really rich bourbony ones)

the guy opened his mouth and this literally soprano lithping voith athked "hewwo, I wath wundering if you had any lipthick planths... I juth wuvv demmm..

I had to bite my tonge until it bled to not burst out laughing on the spot (though it was a tossup between that and cry it was such a heartbreaking contrast to what he looked like) :)

so know what you mean on the giving voices to people in here (and have a good friend who's aussie; she's sydney priorly from israel; so her accent is STRANGE lol). But living next to canada there are so many canuck accents too (we're by manitoba but have friends in french canada and my brother's ex wife was from vancouver in british columbia; so you get ALL kinds of talk... same with America with bwoston, new yawk, minneswotah , Taxes, Georgia with their wurter (water). So American accents are all over the palce. Remember literally having to translate something a little boy said when we moved to Texas to my mom; he repeated it three times; she had no idea how to translate "black Texan".

and as for heat; living in minnesota where some people think we have snow 24/7; we have had high 90s with dew point in the 80s for the past week till yesterday. So anyone who has told me I am hot this past week, its' like duh. They aren't saying I'm sexy; they're saying I'm a sweaty mess. You guys are lucky on the 9 months of spectacular.

Here we have three months of spectacular, two months of pretty great and the rest is freezing cold and/or mosquitos/road construction.
 CharminC
Msg: 718
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 10:43:35 AM
Lascivious adoxography of an erotic nature

^^
that worked

*fans herself*
 _shakti_
Msg: 719
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 10:48:32 AM

Lascivious
That is a positively delicious word, I've always loved the ring to it.. often less than inspiring in actuality though.
 Hitchensesque
Msg: 720
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 10:48:46 AM
I think your question is a sign of exactly how pathetically picky women are today. Instead of just accepting a compliment graciously, you must look a gift horse in the mouth and pick over the gesture to find fault with it. This is complete and utter nonsense, and you would do well to consider that a guy went out of his way to tell you in so many words that he thought you were beautiful. My problem is more than your interpretation of the remark, but that you must question it at all. Perhaps you would be more satisfied if a gent told you you were ugly? Jesus! Once upon a time, compliments were considered chivalrous. Women like you who comb over men to pick out flaws give decent women a hard time...
 Capn_America
Msg: 721
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 10:50:23 AM

Lascivious adoxography of an erotic nature

^^
that worked

"Your beauty is that which is etheral and eternal, the way water shines across a swan`s wings after her first flight. The mystery of your eyes is more fascinating than the darkest moonlight sky."

Means "Your Hot!". Sounds a helluva lot better LOL.
Make an effort.
 CharminC
Msg: 722
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 11:13:14 AM

Women like you who comb over men to pick out flaws give decent women a hard time..

noooooo... women like men to....

Make an effort.
 sddude
Msg: 723
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 11:25:35 AM
I have had women reject me because of my shoes were not shiney enough or cool enough.
Very true in fact some of my female friends say women actually judge guys by their shoes, one thing of thousands knickpics. Yes I try and have worked hard , but the shoes OH MY God!!! The shoes killed me ....mmmmm or is it because I am short ?

Anyhow, if a woman told me I was hot my jaw would drop and I would pee my pants.

Woman should understand some are so attractive they deserve the title of HOT, remember it is only temporary , an 95 year old man or woman very rarely are called HOT and if they did their adult diaper would leak from the excitement or shock.

Take advantage of it, one day people will never even imagine you were ever hot and you will wish for those days.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 725
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/12/2012 5:08:44 PM
Women like you who comb over men to pick out flaws give decent women a hard time..

noooooo... women like men to.... {make an effort}

True, I agree. Of course, the thread topic about "You are Hot" IS about a guy who has sustained an effort, but on the SIDE, has said "You are Hot". Huge difference between a line dropped via a first-contact email just saying "You are Hot!!!" and nothing else. Plus, anyone can set their settings so that an email has to be X characters in length to avoid that.

Hoping a woman will let a guy get in her pants for sending a message with three words in it, is not going out of his way.

True, but again, that's not what the thread's about. It's about if it's ever said after an ongoing conversation as the weeks (long time!) go by.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >