Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gertrude13
Msg: 726
You are Hot!!!Page 26 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)

I think your question is a sign of exactly how pathetically picky women are today. Instead of just accepting a compliment graciously, you must look a gift horse in the mouth and pick over the gesture to find fault with it.

Geez. It's so irritating when someone tosses chum into the waters...

Guess what? If someone considers me "hot," or even "beautiful," it's not because of anything I've done. It's a genetic accident. Or impaired eyesight on his part. Whatever.

"hot" really would be a turnoff before I've met someone. "Hot" means Fvckable. If I haven't met someone, I'm not ready to consider if he's Fvckable. The fact that men are able to determine this based on a picture puzzles me, but I believe them...

It's not about picking out flaws. It's about choosing someone who is likely to be a match. If he feels the need to tell me I'm Fvckable before we've met, his goals might be different from mine, and he might not be interested in the qualities I have that would persist after gravity and time do their nefarious work.

Different strokes for different folks. If men think women SHOULD be flattered by compliments like "hot" or "sexy" prior to a meet, then they should say it. It'll scare off the ones he wouldn't have liked anyway.
 free4all59
Msg: 727
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/13/2012 11:40:18 PM

WHY do you have to comment on a woman’s looks at all?

because until we meet it is the only thing we know about you for sure.
besides no matter how much you protest it and deny it, you want to be complimented on your looks. The op has two pic's on her profile that just scream "look at me and how hot I am" so forgive the feller that she'd been talking to for saying what she's dying to hear.

besides any man who likes a woman for her mind would also like to mess with a rubicks cube for years(and never figure it out, he probably never will).

if I see an attractive woman that I want to compliment on here, I always add to the message that "I don't expect a reply" but that I just "wanted to pay (her) the compliment"
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 728
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:01:50 AM
This now infamous thread has inspired a change of heart in me.

From this point on, I will no longer involve myself with any woman who is unable to offer me more than "hot" or "sexy" in her effort to compliment my appearance.

This will enable my local drug store to remain in business on my hand lotion purchases alone for at least the next 20 years.
 FootzbeulChris
Msg: 729
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:13:44 AM
She is completely right, ignore the comments on most old fashioned guys in here. Welcome to this new society and its population explosion, which has increased the desperation on males due to the amount of competition. If they want to say "you are hot" why not just say 'I like the way you maintain yourself' same compliment two different perspectives.
Contact me if there are any other questions. I'm a dating coach.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 730
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 4:40:04 AM

It's not about picking out flaws. It's about choosing someone who is likely to be a match. If he feels the need to tell me I'm Fvckable before we've met, his goals might be different from mine, and he might not be interested in the qualities I have that would persist after gravity and time do their nefarious work.

No.... Most guys use "hot" synonymous with "beautiful". Most guys use "hot" the same exact way women use "hot".

The problem is you. YOU are the one that assumes a guy is saying he'd bang you... Which, here in the real world of dating, is 99% of the reason that ANY guy is even talking to you.

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Relationships that we form with one of their purposes being reproduction use sex as a factor in them....
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 731
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 4:45:15 AM

Uh, because the second version is just as lame as the original based on some notion that it somehow sounds more erudite.

You know what... Let's give these girls what they think they want to hear. Let's start quoting poems and stuff for them, and really articulate our opinions of them. That's what they want, right? The thing that in literally every movie that you see it happen, it almost immediately leads to sex?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 733
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 5:19:36 AM

You know what... Let's give these girls what they think they want to hear.

The crux of this is that you think we want to hear anything at all - and this is proof of it. Admire the beauty if you absolutely have to, and move on. Leave us out of it.
 grizzelda
Msg: 734
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 5:40:05 AM

You know what... Let's give these girls what they think they want to hear.

The crux of this is that you think we want to hear anything at all - and this is proof of it. Admire the beauty if you absolutely have to, and move on. Leave us out of it.

The irony of this is that this really isnt about the woman at all in most cases. Who she is, is completely irrelevant, its more about a stranger seeing an female body he would have sex with if given the opportunity, it doesnt matter if she is as dumb as a bag of rocks or a Mensa candidate, he isnt paying any attention to who the person behind the tits and ass is, that isnt important to him, its all about the body parts and what HE wants to do to IT.

What many men dont get is that for a lot of women, we know this, we have been exposed to this behavior since our teenage years, some more than others, so this isnt a compliment at all, its some idiot spitting out a thought that is about as relevant to who she is as what the price of bananas is that day in Lower Slovobia. Some women see this as a compliment, some dont. Either way, NO ONE has to behave a certain way to any comments.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 735
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 5:45:53 AM

NJ_Phil:
Another twist to the "You are Hot" topic is this.

You see someone really attractive, email, text, meet.. Damn Is she freakin Hawt or what. Feels like you died and went to heaven.

Then you meet.. No, don't touch my hair, I just did it.

LMAO!

You'd better not be talking about me.

And the answer is still no - you may not touch my hair. :-D
 NJ_Phil
Msg: 736
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 8:33:59 AM

LMAO!
You'd better not be talking about me.
And the answer is still no - you may not touch my hair. :-D

At the time I wrote that, it wasn't about you....but remarkably you have fallen into that category. Duh 'ya think?
What is it with women and the "Don't touch my hair" thing. Running my fingers through your hair..(cough), I mean someone's hair, is a complete turn on.
 Capn_America
Msg: 737
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 8:38:28 AM
What is it with women and the "Don't touch my hair" thing. Running my fingers through your hair..(cough), I mean someone's hair, is a complete turn on.

Haha, right dude.
I'm mean with that tho. I usually am not fussy with stuff, but when I guet weird azz demands like that, I usually take on a twisted grin, pull out my lighter and go "Okay...can I light up your hair? Won't be an issue when you don't got none..."
I dunno. If someone is so touchy about themselves, I wouldnt date them. You can touch me wherever you want, I think the same courtesy should be extended in return (xcept the back door; off limitz to everyone)
 Eagle Fish
Msg: 738
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 8:42:16 AM

Guys, I have a problem here. I want your opinion men and women. If someone you started to chat/text whatever, and after a while before you meet them they will say You Are Hot do you think they are break dealers. I find very insulting and I stop contacting them. Thank you

Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep… wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you’re just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you…. The one who turns to his friends and says, ‘that’s her.’”

I have no idea what I’m talking about?
 ThusSpokeZarathustra
Msg: 739
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 8:46:02 AM

Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep… wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you’re just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you…. The one who turns to his friends and says, ‘that’s her.’”

And takes her for long walks on the beach.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 740
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 9:08:44 AM

I am only going to offer to throw you down and virtually "dry hump" you to within an inch of your life -- in the white shirt.

because you Mr Pig, are the Swine of fantasies--

What will I get for wearing an all white Elvis style jumpsuit?
 Capn_America
Msg: 741
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 9:17:55 AM
What will I get for wearing an all white Elvis style jumpsuit?

Dunno about her, but if you let me film, I can get your own spot on Youtube

lol

Mine has a great stock of batteries

Growl, someone is naurghtieeeeee ;-)
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 742
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 9:39:55 AM

It's a safe bet that MOST women crave that attention. They want to hear the guys make comments.

Women don't wear a top that is barely fitting your boobs in it because you want to have a really deep conversation about politics with a guy.

Women don't wear form fitting clothes so that a guy will notice their new haircut.

Maybe YOU take offense to it, but walk down the street one day... And really look at how many girls you'll pass that are looking for that attention ;)
 Capn_America
Msg: 743
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 9:45:48 AM

It's a safe bet that MOST women crave that attention. They want to hear the guys make comments

No. But in all fairness...doesn`t everyone?
And dont lie to me by saying you dont like to get cool comments about yourself. No one hates them LOL.

Women don't wear a top that is barely fitting your boobs in it because you want to have a really deep conversation about politics with a guy.

Women don't wear form fitting clothes so that a guy will notice their new haircut.

I personnally think they just look like idiots. I don`t find a half naked woman prancing on the street worthwhile to look at on the street. If she`s doing it in MY room, trust me I`ll look. If not, its like she has a neon sign on her bum that says "Open 24/7, rapists welcome"

Maybe YOU take offense to it, but walk down the street one day... And really look at how many girls you'll pass that are looking for that attention ;)

A lot. But not most.
Being fair is being fair.
 want to travel
Msg: 744
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 9:50:57 AM
OP, wait a little longer, and nobody will be paying you compliments on your looks
lol
 NJ_Phil
Msg: 745
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 9:57:37 AM
Capn,
I love the lighter trick and will be sure to try it sometime soon. The hair spray should make a good flash fire, but maybe we can get an official response from the "hair off limits" crowd, because I don't have and explanation why you can twist a pair of boobs, yet hands off the hair.

Agree totally on the back door and would expect that...but the hair?
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 746
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 10:06:18 AM
It's a safe bet that MOST women crave that attention. They want to hear the guys make comments.

no. MOST women don't. SOME women do.

Women wear form fitting clothes because they look better on them with their build than non form fiting clothes. The form fitting ones show we're hourglass and the other make us just look bigger for those of us who are curvy; and those who are athletic they just fit better. It's about being the best we can be. And yes, while wearing said clothes we like talking about everything under the sun.

This woman cancelled on a dance two weeks ago that I was looking REALLY forward to (formal 40s dance) because the dance dress though it fit slightly big everywhere else I broke a dozen freaking safety pins on the chest of the dang thing (had literally bleeding fingers) and was STILL obscene so I stayed home and watched a movie with my son. (it was my first night home in almost three weeks and it was awesome; decided to play hookey more often). Didn't want the attention, didn't need it, and really didn't want to get arrested. If it was just about attention and all that, would have gone and probably put on quite a display (literally); as I have no doubt the spins would have gotten me into massive trouble...

You are talking about some people; certain ages, certain streets, certain times of day. If you go to a club downtown on a weekend you will see a LOT of women who dress hot, absolutely. But on a normal day on a normal street? It is not most. It is only some. Some dress for comfort, some cress for style, some dress for sexiness quotient, some dress for professionalism.

So don't project, k?

There are a lot of people who have been hassled since teens that really don't have our day better if someone compliments in a sexually charged way nor ruined if someone insults their perception of what we look like. I am not a better person if more people want to bang me nor worse if more people find me totally opposite their type. More power to them either way. That isn't who I am. And I know a LOT of women who feel the sa me way I do. We are who we are, and we're comforable with it on its own; not always when weighed against whether guys do or don't find us sexy or not. WIP is right, it is more on the person making the comments than us. We don't get validation on our sexiness quotient (though some maybe do). After 25 years of adult life; there are more important things than who does or doesn't find some women sexy and "bangable"...

So yet again, just change your wording slightly to SOME, not MOST, and you'll be good. Because some women do want to be that. Absolutely. But there are a whole lot of us that aren't about that... it literally doesn't matter one way or the other. Life goes on either way :)

Peace

Mine has a great stock of batteries

hey, they have really huge packs on those at Sam's Club (bulk warehouse type store) Think they are like a 128 pack :)

Fleuron
Msg: 747
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 10:13:43 AM

Have the frickin guts to call me out properly or keep your teeny tiny thoughts to yourself. You are disrespectful and rude and obviously completely incapable of communicating with a woman like a mature adult man. I’m done with you and would appreciate it greatly if you would be done with me.

You won’t believe women when we tell you how we feel so read abelian’s post # 822 for a male perspective that GETS IT.
 Capn_America
Msg: 748
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 10:27:43 AM

Uh, because the second version is just as lame as the original based on some notion that it somehow sounds more erudite.

Haha, thanks Fleuron, I hadnt read Abelian's post. That guy ROCKS
His fiancee can consider herself a lucky girl indeed.
...or am I just saying in some way that he's hot? Ahh, what the hell. lol

Also, some guy's mentalities in my book are resumed by "Tu choisis pas d'etre un deux de pique; t'en est un par défaut". Abelian does get it spot on
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 749
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 10:45:15 AM
"The crux of this is that you think we want to hear anything at all - and this is proof of it. Admire the beauty if you absolutely have to, and move on. Leave us out of it."

You can't run away from the truth of hotness. Embrace this state, and your mind will finally find that peace that it yearns for. o.O
 AllAboutSports
Msg: 750
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 11:12:24 AM
I have to agree with alot of my male bretheren who said it first,in m opinion,your ok but not all that.to get a compliment is good,its not like they insulted you.to quit corrisponding with someone over something as petty as that means you are probably very very hard to deal with,and its a blessing that you dropped the guy,because he may have found himself in relationship hell.:) hope that helps.
 ThusSpokeZarathustra
Msg: 751
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 12:23:36 PM

Seriously?? Why does the earth rotate on its axis? If someone does something you don’t like, do not interact with that person anymore. If someone was punching you in the head, would you just stand there and take it forever?

Or you could start or participate in a thread on POF stating how rude, disrespectful and crass their actions are, get the sisterhood (or brotherhood) to rally behind your opinion, read all kinds of nonsense into their actions which are really more a reflection of you than it is of them, use it as a board to bash the other gender, and try to shame those who don't agree with your opinion through the usage of ad hominems that cast aspersions on their desirability to the other gender (as if that really means anything.

You’re fighting your own argument.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >