Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 752
You are Hot!!!Page 27 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)

It's a safe bet that MOST women crave that attention. They want to hear the guys make comments.

I think that's a great way to justify making them - the fact that we must want to hear them. Some of us don't care. We're not excited or upset about them, we just don't see the point. I sometimes see attractive men, and I appreciate eye candy just as much as the next person. Why should I assume this poor guy cares that I find him attractive? How does one connect their appreciation of a person with the arrogance to think that person cares?

Women don't wear a top that is barely fitting your boobs in it because you want to have a really deep conversation about politics with a guy.

Assuming I ever wear something that's too small for me, men don't generally come into play on my decision on what to wear. I generally wear what I feel good in - within a reasonably normal realm of socially acceptable. Those who don't like what I wear are free to ignore me. Those who DO like what I wear are also free to ignore me as well.

Women don't wear form fitting clothes so that a guy will notice their new haircut.

A lot of women don't wear form fitting clothes so that a guy will notice anything - but then again I have no idea what type of women you attract and interact with - if this is your view, then it may well have a lot to do with your experience. If anything IME, women dress to impress/outdo/compete with other women. Men aren't honestly that hard to entice, IE - this thread.

Maybe YOU take offense to it, but walk down the street one day... And really look at how many girls you'll pass that are looking for that attention ;)

I don't take offense to it so much as I don't see why the object has to be bothered with being told they are attractive, unattractive, whatever - can't you all call a friend and tell them about it? I don't care to look for women that want that attention - nor is it anyone else's job to keep track of that. Those women will go where they get the most attention if that's what they want...it's irrelevant to the rest of us.
 forums1
Msg: 754
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 12:46:56 PM

It's a safe bet that MOST women crave that attention. They want to hear the guys make comments.

Women don't wear a top that is barely fitting your boobs in it because you want to have a really deep conversation about politics with a guy.

Women don't wear form fitting clothes so that a guy will notice their new haircut.

Maybe YOU take offense to it, but walk down the street one day... And really look at how many girls you'll pass that are looking for that attention ;)

Actually, women dress more to make themselves feel good, and perhaps to show up/off other *women*, more so than "for men, or to get men's comments". They want their female friends to say 'Girl, you look fabulous in that outfit' way more so than they have any interest in some tongue-hanging-out drooling guy they don't know babbling "you're hot" at them.
 Capn_America
Msg: 755
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 12:49:24 PM

Or you could start or participate in a thread on POF stating how rude, disrespectful and crass their actions are, get the sisterhood (or brotherhood) to rally behind your opinion, read all kinds of nonsense into their actions which are really more a reflection of you than it is of them, use it as a board to bash the other gender, and try to shame those who don't agree with your opinion through the usage of ad hominems that cast aspersions on their desirability to the other gender (as if that really means anything

LOL You deserve a trophy
Seriously, that is one of the most brilliant posts I've seen, illustrating perfectly well the kind of actions and attitudes of people in 2012. Those that are more interested in "winning" then they are actually discussing a subject and openning themselves up to opinions they might not necessarily agree with. I' gonna call that "bringning it down to Earth" LOL
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 756
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:12:08 PM

sorry i disagree im over 50 and i consider myself to be hot and in fact im getting hotter lol

If I may be so bold, I would like to say I concur, dear lass. It is most apparent you exude a nearly blinding level of incandescence. Enough to illuminate the entire Vegas strip should it experience a power outage.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 757
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:16:56 PM
Yes bartleygirl you are hot.

*Bows gracefully*
 ThusSpokeZarathustra
Msg: 758
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:43:03 PM

sorry i disagree im over 50 and i consider myself to be hot and in fact im getting hotter lol

Bartleygirl, you indeed are hot.
I viewed your profile and I am now fanning myself with last week's church bulletin.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 759
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:48:41 PM
Now see? it's the thread's happy place...

A person is hot who knows it and who welcomes being called it and a bunch of guys who are more than happy to indeed agree. Everybody's happy (and she does look AMAZING for any age, let alone over 50. Damn I'm a fully straight woman and I even can say she's hot lol)

maybe the thread can calm down now...
 Capn_America
Msg: 760
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:56:30 PM

maybe the thread can calm down now...

Moon; your HAWT...

*ducks in a corner, away from the incoming brick*
 ThusSpokeZarathustra
Msg: 761
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 2:08:31 PM

A person is hot who knows it and who welcomes being called it and a bunch of guys who are more than happy to indeed agree.

I agree, and there's nothing hotter than a woman who can accept a compliment without reading her own insecurities into it and assuming that there's a hidden agenda behind it.
 forums1
Msg: 762
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 2:13:52 PM

Moon; your HAWT...

I'll bet she's even hotter when she's angry.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 763
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 2:54:30 PM

Moon; your HAWT...

I'll bet she's even hotter when she's angry.

lol; no bricks here. I don't throw bricks for the comment; I just don't get all fluttery over it either. I'd rather be told "hot shoes lol". Nicest compliment I got recently was I had my kind soul show through my eyes... and that was beautiful to them. THAT one made me a little fluttery lol.

And forums, don't know about getting hotter when I'm angry, but my eyes get EXTREMELY bright green (so when that happens people know the irish is out and they better duck lol)
 forums1
Msg: 764
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/14/2012 4:17:22 PM
You have beautiful eyes and a nice smile, at least in your pics.

And forums, don't know about getting hotter when I'm angry, but my eyes get EXTREMELY bright green (so when that happens people know the irish is out and they better duck lol)

Hmm.... kinda hot ... of course, if they start *glowing* green, I'm running for cover because next either green laser beams come shooting at me, or the fangs start growing...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 765
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/15/2012 5:23:13 AM

there's nothing hotter than a woman who can accept a compliment without reading her own insecurities into it and assuming that there's a hidden agenda behind it.

I don't have insecurities about compliments because they aren't personal to me really unless they come from someone I actually know. And believe me, when a compliment comes to me without agenda - I totally appreciate it. Once in a blue moon, I'll get one. The majority of them have agenda - agenda free compliments require no outcome.

I don't throw bricks for the comment; I just don't get all fluttery over it either.

Exactly - it's not offensive or exciting. It's just common.
 WiseBurro
Msg: 766
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/15/2012 6:31:27 AM

Ah, yes- the "change of life"
 Capn_America
Msg: 767
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/15/2012 6:54:11 AM

I don't throw bricks for the comment; I just don't get all fluttery over it either

Aw, that;s too bad; good brick throwers are hard to find lol
 DearOneLooking
Msg: 768
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/15/2012 8:20:02 AM
I'd be alarmed if they didn't say it on the first message. LOL
 Kphdrummer
Msg: 769
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/15/2012 8:53:56 AM
Anita,
You make it sound like every man tells you that..........I have a hard time believing that to be honest. But I think it depends on the conversation that you are having at the time when it was said. I am sure you are totally innocent in this and guys just fall at your feet....(not) and randomly tell your hot...... Just doesn't add up Anita.

"Thank you for your opinion. Most of them will say, I would like to meet you "because you are hot" , that's where I start to back off."

Your quote
 CharminC
Msg: 770
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/15/2012 10:53:39 AM
I will agree with those who say being told "you're hot" by someone who already knows and appreciates you is HOT! There's no doubt it is an ego boost for us and we crave it. But those of us with any amount of intelligence also know when to appreciate this (unoriginal "i want to get laid") comment.
This much I'll believe and would make me double over and thank in more ways than one.
 BeautifulButterfly918
Msg: 771
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:30:02 PM
Lol. Enjoying reading these: *)
 GinaGMoney
Msg: 772
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/15/2012 5:03:36 PM
No, they are paying you a compliment
If your hot your Hot.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 773
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/16/2012 7:09:57 AM

I will agree with those who say being told "you're hot" by someone who already knows and appreciates you is HOT!

Yep, that's pretty much it. The rest of the time, who cares?
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 775
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/16/2012 7:53:06 AM

Have the frickin guts to call me out properly or keep your teeny tiny thoughts to yourself. You are disrespectful and rude and obviously completely incapable of communicating with a woman like a mature adult man. I’m done with you and would appreciate it greatly if you would be done with me.

You won’t believe women when we tell you how we feel so read abelian’s post # 822 for a male perspective that GETS IT.

Then tell me... Why do women wear tops that show a lot of cleavage? Why do they wear insanely short skirts? Why do they wear painfully tight shirts? Why do they put on makeup and do their hair? Why are bikinis getting smaller and smaller? Why do they wear really tight pants?

Is it because they genuinely are just doing it for themselves, or is it because that's what society considers looking good, and they're dressing for the attention?

It's the age old question... If women don't want us looking at their boobs, why are they intentionally having almost the whole things hanging out of their shirt?
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 776
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/16/2012 8:49:56 AM

To get the attention of guys they find attractive. Everyone else is collateral damage. Also, to make other women envious.

So, basically, because they want the attention? They want that right guy to notice...

Again, they're not dressing like that because they want to have any kind of deep conversation. They're dressed like that because they want people to look.

So exactly like I said... They dress like that because they want the attention. Whether it's from me, some other guy, or everyone, is completely irrelevant. The point of boobs falling out of a shirt is so that someone will notice their rack.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 777
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/16/2012 8:55:50 AM

Then tell me... Why do women wear tops that show a lot of cleavage? Why do they wear insanely short skirts? Why do they wear painfully tight shirts? Why do they put on makeup and do their hair? Why are bikinis getting smaller and smaller? Why do they wear really tight pants?

Is it because they genuinely are just doing it for themselves, or is it because that's what society considers looking good, and they're dressing for the attention?

It's the age old question... If women don't want us looking at their boobs, why are they intentionally having almost the whole things hanging out of their shirt?

Who cares why women do what they do? If you like what you see, enjoy it and then move on. If you don't like it - then don't enjoy it. Telling her either way what you like is irrelevant.

Some women do want "male" attention. Some want "any" attention. Some like to compete with other women. Some don't care who likes them and wear what they feel good in - even if that's attractive to men by default. I'm not sure why men don't grasp women who don't care what they think since most men are obviously not interested in wearing or being what we want to see, lol.

I agree with Abelian. Once you get around thinking it has anything to do with you, it gets easier to understand.
 Etiäinen
Msg: 778
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/16/2012 8:56:57 AM

Moon; your HAWT...

Hey, Capn America,

Your man-boobs are beautiful.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >