Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grizzelda
Msg: 857
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!Page 31 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)

You are right. *All* hot women should be grateful they heard you vocalize your thoughts in a way that proves you saw them as nothing more than a very attractive piece of meat. Because their value as human beings is diminished accordingly, whenever a man isn't complimenting them for so thoroughly pleasing his gawking eyeballs. Why else would you go around complimenting women for something they didn't do and don't really have any control over?

Exactly! SOME of us dont care what you think of us, it is not at all inportant to us in any way. No more than you really care if I like ketchup on my fries or not. Your random thoughts are not important to most people, why do you feel that you are entitled to a certain response to your random thoughts? SHit, and you are trying to say that women who dont respond a certain way are self centred, entitled princesses?
 natgoat227
Msg: 858
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 1:08:50 PM
I'm sure that over 38 pages ...there have been more than a few references to a certain Jerry Reid song....
But I'm glad that the OP isn't Overly Conceited...(Even if it IS warranted!)
Once should be sufficient...from any guy that has enough respect to limit his praise to some degree.
That can be a quick filter of those that are worthy of your attention...without going Overboard..!!!
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 859
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 1:49:25 PM
OP says "Guys, I have a problem here. I want your opinion men and women. If someone you started to chat/text whatever, and after a while before you meet them they will say You Are Hot do you think they are break dealers. I find very insulting and I stop contacting them. Thank you"

Guys can think it, but shouldn't say it until they know you as a person. Being objectified by some drooler is huge turn off. Keep that eighth grade line to yourself. OP, I agree with you...if they write that before we have met, they get canned. (Seriously...see the photo of canned POF'rs on my profile)
 cityfiedRedneck
Msg: 860
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 2:26:37 PM
maybe that pic in the little red dress leaves the wrong impression because u r hottt
 forums1
Msg: 861
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 2:31:58 PM

^^^

but isn't it much more fun to, instead of adapting and changing and maturing to one's audience, to blatantly stereotype every single woman as shallow, entitled, oblivious, beyond notice, spoiled, unappreciative and not going to look twice at you?

Way easier to rail against "damn, oh you woman" than actually, gasp, try and understand one and meet her halfway?

Way easier to be bitter, angry, extremely prejudiced and totally and completely sure they are all pegged by you and that your one specific way, meant one specific way by you regardless of their past experiences and their OWN perception, autimatically negates every experience they've ever had; even though THEY are less than enthusiastic on it because of the experiences they have had.

A few instances of rejection when offered with the known "not overwhelmingly well received compliment) automatically overrules many, many instances of false hollow sexual compliments (that were, before the hundredth repeat of what THEIRS meant; in these cases were followed up with conversation that were extremely sexual in nature; some of which were outright propositions; of which NOTHING non sexual was talked about).

So all of our experiences are worthless, but one person repeating themselves ad nauseum about what they maybe meant should supercede everyone's own perception, their own comfort zone, their own known history and their own take on it.

Well, of course.

Some of us actually listen to what women say, and try to understand things "from their POV". It's been a learning experience to hear all the outright instant sexual comments, etc, women get right off the bat - so it's not at all surprising to me that they would develop 'filters' pretty quickly to reject people - and I can't at all "blame" them for it.

It seems at its base, two ways of thinking - email 1000 women with "you are hot", and a few might reply with interest, vs. understanding 'their experiences' on here are quite different from a guys, and adjust your approach to be 'different than the majority', and maybe getting a higher percentage of responses. To each their own I guess, but given that you then might actually get a relationship (not just sex) with some percentage then of those responses, it would seem to me that getting more responses would be a plus - and listening to how women 'filter' their messages therefore an advantage, rather than something to 'argue' ad-infinitum.
 ExitingTheStage
Msg: 862
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 7:48:15 PM
LMAO

This thread is so hilarious.
I love how more people are beginning to comment
on the psychology of the posters in this topic
and how it is a reflection of society.... the not quite right society....
We are adults?
Physically.... yup....

off·ish/'ôfiSH/
Adjective:
Aloof or distant in manner; not friendly: "he was being offish with her".
Synonyms:
reserved - self-contained - aloof

Plenty here...
 redheadedrobert
Msg: 863
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 7:55:38 PM
If you don't want to be called hot then don't dress hot lose the scarlet dress picture
 OutMind
Msg: 864
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 8:24:11 PM

If you don't want to be called hot then don't dress hot lose the scarlet dress picture

Why? For your pleasure?

Call her whatever you want. But that was just like saying "your potatoes are awesome."

What meaning does that have? The fact that she felt completely ambivalent to it, is up to you. Continue that and you will get the same result, until you hit on someone that actually needed that so much that they may respond. By that point it's just a numbers game.
 DallasSBF
Msg: 865
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 8:30:29 PM
I get what you are saying. I mean what am I suppose to say..... I personally do not think it is a compliment.
Example how you know something is a compliment

A. Wow dude your girlfriend (mom, little sister, grandmother) is HOT.
B. Wow Dude Your girlfriend (mom, little sister, grandmother) is beautiful.
C. Wow DUDE your girlfriend (mom, little sister, grandmother) is sexy.

Now if you would not would not say it to a guy then I need the same respect. It is a respect thing. Now you must keep in mind OP a great many women are as clueless as men as too what is a compliment.

A. You have beautiful eyes.
B YOU have beautiful nipples.

People in this day age are clueless which is a true compliment and why. I think it has to do with how shallow we are today.
 Fleuron
Msg: 866
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 10:26:56 PM

If you see a profile pic of an unattractive woman, would you feel compelled to send her a message saying she’s an ugly sow?

Oh, I get it…..unwanted male behavior is ALL HER FAULT.
 NVMinerMan
Msg: 868
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 10:51:26 PM

he will either immediately start talking in a very sexual nature......or just kinda keep repeating something like "damn girl your HOT" and won't even attempt to carry on any kind of conversation.

exactly. when a guy says u r hot he only gave half his thought. he means u r hot id like to fck u right now. thats why he cant talk about nothing else.
 Dreamer_in_SC
Msg: 869
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 10:58:55 PM

If a guy want's to call me HOT? Hey, I'll take it.....I like receiving compliments.

I am sure you must get plenty...

But I will almost, 100% guarantee, that right after I reply with something like "hey.....well thanks for the compliment.....bla....bla.....bla" he will either immediately start talking in a very sexual nature.....or just kinda keep repeating something like "damn girl your HOT" and won't even attempt to carry on any kind of conversation.

AWE crap you are right.... i am lost for words so it seem uttering the statment or forming the opinion that someone is hot seems to be the formation of a textual banter blackhole capable of sucking any and all meaningful conversation out of mens brains..... whoed a thunk a simple thing like the word HOT could cause a brain to stop and not contin........ hummmm

Reaching for the burner of the stove and... SLAP don't touch HOT!!!!!!

reaching for a woman considered hot may cause some subliminal restrictive barrier stemming from childhood causing an inability to further pursue the HOT one....

That's it from now on i refuse to call any woman HOT.... they will now be " Hey baby, you are temperature enhanced"

Ok too late to think and my dork side seems to be sneaking out.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 870
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 11:01:09 PM

If a guy want's to call me HOT? Hey, I'll take it.....I like receiving compliments. But I will almost, 100% guarantee, that right after I reply with something like "hey.....well thanks for the compliment.....bla....bla.....bla" he will either immediately start talking in a very sexual nature......or just kinda keep repeating something like "damn girl your HOT" and won't even attempt to carry on any kind of conversation. And it just about happens with EVERY SINGLE GUY that starts out with "You are HOT!".....which is more than just a few.

I swear, this must be a location thing. I had never in my life heard of a woman being offended by it until I came to these forums.

No woman has ever objected to me telling her she was hot, and I've never used it as a prelude to sex talk.
 natgoat227
Msg: 871
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 11:03:11 PM
Instead of sounding like a 16-yr-old....
Why not use a certain amount of *Tact* and Respect...:
"My!! Aren't you Lovely..!??"
"It's a genuine priviledge to make your acquaintance..!"
"What a lovely smile...Why did noone tell me that Aphrodite was here..?"
 Dreamer_in_SC
Msg: 872
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 11:09:35 PM

Lovely is the word women use to describe other women wearing hideous dresses....

Lovely is not a positive word from my understanding.... If you tell a woman she looks lovely she will likely get more pissed at you than if you said she was hot.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 873
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/20/2012 11:11:53 PM

Instead of sounding like a 16-yr-old....
Why not use a certain amount of *Tact* and Respect...:
"It's a genuine priviledge to make your acquaintance..!"
"What a lovely smile...Why did noone tell me that Aphrodite was here..?"

Are you even remotely serious?? I would not utter a single one of these without wearing a cup.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 874
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/21/2012 12:26:02 AM
Well, of course.

Some of us actually listen to what women say, and try to understand things "from their POV". It's been a learning experience to hear all the outright instant sexual comments, etc, women get right off the bat - so it's not at all surprising to me that they would develop 'filters' pretty quickly to reject people - and I can't at all "blame" them for it.

tha;nk you for getting why we're bothering in this topic. IT's not to hear ourselves talk; it is to give guys POV of women so that you understand how SOME of us SOMETIMES perceive it, so that you have better results hwen you are out in the real world.

Appreciate your appreciating that rather than judging your perception of our intent. Kudos; I am trying to learn from guys' pov too; it is interesting understanding how the other gender thinks sometimes... as long as they aren't flame posts from extremely bitter cynical; I don't want to get into those minds. I want to take a shower after hearing them... :)

DallasSBF
Msg: 875
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/21/2012 6:22:03 AM

so how do you get men on the street NOT to do it??
 Capn_America
Msg: 876
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/21/2012 7:07:40 AM

B YOU have beautiful nipples

Hey! That's MY line!

That's it from now on i refuse to call any woman HOT.... they will now be " Hey baby, you are temperature enhanced"

I'd actually use that though. Then they ask you what it means, and you reply Oh, it means your hot, young lady. You've got an 80% or so chance of getting a laugh out of it, and the number of laugh in any relationship is usually proportionnate to the like factor.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 877
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/21/2012 7:45:17 AM

I swear, this must be a location thing. I had never in my life heard of a woman being offended by it until I came to these forums.

No woman has ever objected to me telling her she was hot, and I've never used it as a prelude to sex talk.

You're on a dating site. This isn't an example of the best people who function socially in the world. Sites like these are full of people who have a terrible personality to be able to date, people who have too huge of trust issues to date someone, people who are so obsessed with the idea that guys only want sex, that they never give one a chance. These aren't everyone on here, but these are the kinds of people who end up here.

The people who you can consider "normal", they don't need this site, they find their dates easily outside of their house. Everyone is here for a reason. Read through this forum, the ask a guy forum, and the ask a girl forum, you'll quickly feel like the only sane person on the site.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 878
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/21/2012 7:55:12 AM

You're on a dating site. This isn't an example of the best people who function socially in the world. Sites like these are full of people who have a terrible personality to be able to date, people who have too huge of trust issues to date someone, people who are so obsessed with the idea that guys only want sex, that they never give one a chance. These aren't everyone on here, but these are the kinds of people who end up here.

The people who you can consider "normal", they don't need this site, they find their dates easily outside of their house. Everyone is here for a reason. Read through this forum, the ask a guy forum, and the ask a girl forum, you'll quickly feel like the only sane person on the site.

your projections, blanket assumptions (while ironically complaining about WOMEN'S blanket assumptions) and blatant stereotyping never cease to amaze me.

on topic.

To those who have issue with women who find being called hot boring, easy, shallow and not a real turnon?

Walk away. Railing at the universe for the ridiculousness of some people's preferences in response to OTHER people's preferences in compliments... not really worth losign sleep or energy over, is it?

It's not that big a deal. That's all most are saying; isn't that it is the world's most offensive, it's not saying it's having people in a quivering ball of insult; it's saying it does not produce anything to many but 'meh, whatever". It is not a turnon or something that makes us al quivery.

When will that distinction be understood?
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 880
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/21/2012 8:13:21 AM

Walk away. Railing at the universe for the ridiculousness of some people's preferences in response to OTHER people's preferences in compliments... not really worth losign sleep or energy over, is it?

And if someone makes a compliment on your looks and you don't like that:

Walk away. Don't come running to these forums making claims against guys who said something to you. Take your own advice.

I'm annoyed about the assumption that I'm up to something if I say it, not whether or not people are annoyed by it.

Seriously, walk down the street, talk to random women.... You're the minority. Most women aren't going to automatically assume I'm going to try to bang them, but according to these forums, that's the ONLY thing that comes after a compliment. I'm saying things based on what I see. If you women don't fit what I'm claiming you do, then stop acting like you do.

But again, EVERYONE is here for a reason. There isn't one single person on PoF who is the definition of being the perfect person that functions socially, otherwise, you wouldn't have ever needed to come here and find this site.

Good advice... accept the fact that you're a social reject like the rest of us.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 881
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/21/2012 8:14:05 AM

I'm not offended by it at all. Just saying I pretty much know what to expect after a guy starts out with the "HOT" thing......but what is that old cliche' saying? I'm just waiting for one guy to prove me wrong!

You're hot.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 882
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/21/2012 9:20:47 AM
There's no reason that this can't be a two way street.

If you have a problem with guys calling you hot, fine, have a problem, but don't automatically turn it around on someone and make claims that they're only trying to get in your pants when they say it.

If you don't want to be called hot, don't make generalizations on what the guy is "really trying to do" when he says it. Have your problem with that sentence quietly. When you're running here making these claims, you're no better than the guys you're complaining about. If you have a problem with it, if you feel offended.... Keep it to yourself.

But if you're going to come here, making claims that guys who say you're hot are always immediately going to turn to talking to you to try to get you into bed, then I'm going to fight back.
 natgoat227
Msg: 883
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/21/2012 10:07:46 AM
How fine IS the line between Conceit and Stupidity...??
When you receive a ~Compliment~ from a man...merely say "Thank-You!" and move on...
Or involve him in a conversation...
choose your pick.

If you're Offended by Compliments....the obvious cure would be...:
Just ~Ugly-yourself-Up~ a bit more than your current attitude portrays you..!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >