Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Capn_America
Msg: 910
You are Hot!!!Page 33 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
Ya know, intent has a LOT to do with it. Because you and I have interacted on the forums for a while, I don’t believe there is any disrespect meant coming from you.

Haha, no there isn't ;-) I just find it funny when I call an older women girly, tell her she looks beautifull today, and she replies to me with this confident, womanish smile trying to hide JUST the hint of a blush on her cheeks. Works with my grandma everytime. But I guess the meanning is different in french than in english. I call everyone "Fille".
I dunno if you ever watched Passe-Partout, but there's this whole trend of calling women like that because of a character called Fardoche, and I kind of grew into it lol "Salut, Fille!"

YAY!!! seems we have another successful programing of a woman to make her think she is not being programmed to think or act exactly how we determined for her...lol... sorry couldn't resist

Have you ever thought about it the other way around? MEN are being programmed to make them believe that they can actually fool a woman into thinking she is NOT programmed to think or act exactly how men programmed them to.....and men are being programmed that by WOMEN for just about since the beginning of time.
Speechless, arent ya? ;-)
 Dreamer_in_SC
Msg: 911
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 11:30:27 AM

Shockingly, women are not robots programmed to behave in ways determined by men

YAY!!! seems we have another successful programing of a woman to make her think she is not being programmed to think or act exactly how we determined for her...lol... sorry couldn't resist
 Fleuron
Msg: 912
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 11:45:37 AM
DallasSBF :

I just agreed with you on another thread, how coincidental. :)

I think it’s a sort of mass self-delusion….similar to why guys tell obvious, outrageous sex lies to each other yet always believe them. “Maybe there’s hope for me yet…if he’s getting some maybe I will, too,’ syndrome. If a guy wants to wank on himself as a lifestyle I say go for it and stay the hell away from me.

One on one men I’ve known (though not necessarily had sex with) have been insecure in their manhood, and their penises. I would imagine degrading and demeaning women somehow makes some men feel better about their perceived inadequacies.

I think most women are capable of being supreme actresses.

I’ve recognized long ago the societal divide and conquer attitudes toward women, and the utter fear that fuels it. We are scary powerful, aren’t we?

Hahaha……yeah. I might consider that for half a second if I believed (some) men could think beyond their next beer and wankfest.

Interesting theory, Capn. : )

she replies to me with this confident, womanish smile trying to hide JUST the hint of a blush on her cheeks.

You’re a sweetheart, mi amore :)
 UkSammie
Msg: 914
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 3:37:50 PM
I fin d it a compliment if someone finds me sexually attractive.
 _shakti_
Msg: 915
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 3:39:56 PM
^^ Even when that's all they seem to focus on?
 UkSammie
Msg: 916
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 3:45:39 PM
Well obv not when they put sexy or whatever in every sentence.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 917
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 4:30:10 PM

fleuron
One on one men I’ve known (though not necessarily had sex with) have been insecure in their manhood, and their penises. I would imagine degrading and demeaning women somehow makes some men feel better about their perceived inadequacies.

I don't want to put words into your mouth, so to clarify your statement.

Are you saying every single man you have known is "insecure in their manhood, and their penises"? Every single one of them, never met a one who wasn't?

I'll wait for an answer before commenting further.
 Fleuron
Msg: 918
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 6:25:02 PM

Are you saying every single man you have known is "insecure in their manhood, and their penises"? Every single one of them, never met a one who wasn't?

Well….I haven’t discussed penises with every man I’ve known, so the answer would be, no.

When a man is insecure, he lets ya know, loud and clear. Over and over and over.

‘Is it too small?’
‘If I was bigger you’d like it more.’
‘I’m too small to satisfy you.’
‘You like him better, don’t you?’
Blah blah blah.

Then of course he wants me to measure it for him and then I have to lie about the result.

Also. It’s no trick to determine an insecure man, as a woman.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 919
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 7:59:26 PM
fleuron, you said every man you've known whether you had sex with them or not has been 'insecure in their manhood'!

I would take that as a general bashing of ALL Men. Is that what you meant to say, that every man in the world is insecure in their manhood? That is how I read your words and I asked but you deflected the question and went off on a tangent about penise size.
 adora71
Msg: 920
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 8:15:15 PM
Moonbeamlover,

Your post made me laugh quite hard. Thank you.
Cosmo is just about the funniest magazine in the world, IMO.

I will not try any "sumo lap jump on him in the middle of sex," now that I have this important information.
I am so relieved that I know.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 921
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 8:46:53 PM
One on one men I’ve known (though not necessarily had sex with)

fleuron, you said every man you've known whether you had sex with them or not has been 'insecure in their manhood'!

I would take that as a general bashing of ALL Men. Is that what you meant to say, that every man in the world is insecure in their manhood? That is how I read your words and I asked but you deflected the question and went off on a tangent about penise size.

behind blue eyes... I think you accidentally twisted her words from her intent. She said one on one men she knew , not every man she knew let alone every man in the world... (one on one I'd take as some romantically, not every single last one she knew, let alone painting that over everyone she didn't...)

That was how I read what she said anyways. Peace :)

Moonbeamlover,

Your post made me laugh quite hard. Thank you.
Cosmo is just about the funniest magazine in the world, IMO.

I will not try any "sumo lap jump on him in the middle of sex," now that I have this important information.
I am so relieved that I know.

adora, LOL; tell me about it. Some of those questions were wicked twisted; but that one took the cake for "what the heck were they smoking when they came up with THAT?" (though if there is anyone bitter and angry in here better not give anyone any ideas lol)

VVV

and another one gets it :) *cheers*
 InspiredUsername
Msg: 922
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 8:49:27 PM
As far as I can tell, "You're hot" is, at best, an unimaginative and meaningless complement, and, at worst, a complete sexual objectification.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 923
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 9:05:25 PM

"You're hot" is, at best, an unimaginative and meaningless complement,

Unimaginative? So is:

You have nice eyes. Your hair looks great. You have a nice smile. Literally every possible complement that isn't about the girls body (eg. complementing a talent in art, music, cooking, baking, sewing, etc). Reciting poetry / song lyrics.

get the idea?

It doesn't matter if you say "you're hot" or you compare her beauty to some flower.... It's a lame, cliched, line. Why go through the effort of memorizing a poem when you can just say a simple 2 word sentence?

The delivery will never change the meaning. You guys really need to get that out of your head. The girls in this thread do not want to be complemented, PERIOD. They think it's only the phrase "you're hot", but in the epic words of Stiffler's brother: "You have nice eyes. That's a really nice top. Wanna ****?"
 Fleuron
Msg: 924
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 9:20:49 PM
behind blue eyes:

How did I deflect?

Me:
Well….I haven’t discussed penises with every man I’ve known, so the answer would be, no.

Why ask for clarification and then ignore me? I think YOU wanted to go on a tangent, no matter how I responded.

How you choose to take it is entirely up to you, however; that’s not what I said.

Moonbeamlover:
behind blue eyes... I think you accidentally twisted her words from her intent. She said one on one men she knew , not every man she knew let alone every man in the world... (one on one I'd take as some romantically, not every single last one she knew, let alone painting that over everyone she didn't...)

Thanks, Moonbeam. :)
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 925
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 10:03:49 PM
Here's the first post

fleuron

So how were you involved in a D!CK measuring contest with the men you didn't have sex with?

Then there's the 'one one men I've known', I read this as every man you have known personally has been insecure in his manhood.

You may have meant it differently, but that's the way it comes across. It may just be a thing of text based communication, but that's the way it reads to me.

Then again maybe it's your picker and you pick insecure men. I can say in my 58 years I've never asked a women if I was big enough. Then I may just be secure in my size & manhood, so I never felt the need to ask.
 Fleuron
Msg: 926
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 10:33:59 PM
Oh, FFS. Obviously I’m talking about someone I was having sex with. I didn’t measure random c0cks that happened to be walking by. How did it become a contest? That might be fun on Ladies’ Night, like the butt check at the door.

You are taking this WAY too personally.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 927
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 10:57:38 PM
Then why say "though not necessarily had sex with" when you're talking about men you're having sex with? The way you posted sounded like every man you have ever known was "insecure in their manhood", which could also be relatives or platonic friends too.

The term manhood refers to more than the size of their d!ck, it's everything that makes them unique as a male. Just as womanhood is the things that make you unique as a woman and diferent from a gender neutral being.
 justlookingvt
Msg: 929
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 11:05:47 PM

I wish I had a 12 incher.

Why ? you think women would tell you "You are Hot!!!" You'd be a sex object, you don't want that, do you ? ;-)

^^^^
Mememto.. you screwed up... a 12 incher is not enough... you need meatballs too! ... I suspect that they also want some variety... like swedish... italian ... and some like them spicy! You need to expand your menu!
 foxonatrain
Msg: 930
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 11:20:27 PM
Sometimes you walk in just for a footlong and end up with an unexpected side of chowder.
 Fleuron
Msg: 931
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 11:22:05 PM

The term manhood refers to more than the size of their d!ck

Covered that in Msg. 1006.

I think you’re proving my point.

I wish I had a 12 incher.

Oh, Subway...

I’m suddenly ravenous.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 932
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/22/2012 11:37:06 PM
fleuron:

you're very welcome. I knew what you meant :)

holy cow... leave for a while and come back and the hot room is suddenly flooded with a whole bunch of big and spicy meat...

and not a twizzler in sight...
 justlookingvt
Msg: 933
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/23/2012 12:50:26 AM

justlookingvt: ive already got 2 meatballs, just need the footlong.

Don't tell me!! Look at Fleuron, she is ravenous!! Ask her if she wants sweedish or italian with her order ;-)
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 934
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/23/2012 12:55:25 AM
Fleuron I read all your posts in this thread and it sounded like Misandry to me and that surprised me as I didn't of you that way.
 dawn60
Msg: 935
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/23/2012 8:09:32 AM
I agree, "Your Hot" generally means your appearance has done something for them in most cases. I think you should approach this on a case by case level as not every man uses this euphimisim to imply sexual content. I also agree that more than likely the persons profile will read "not looking for anything serious", in that case, I would thank them and move on. No need to be rude. Im older than you considerably and get this remark quite frequently, sometimes if your converse with the person you find they actually do have more depth than first displayed.
 dawn60
Msg: 936
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 6/23/2012 8:13:34 AM
LOl, so true and hilarious!!!!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >