Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 144
You are Hot!!!Page 6 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)

Kinda like men not liking it when women judge them on their financial status/career/money/material objects. I like to email men in my area who I know are wealthy based on their careers and city in which they live and write, "U R RICH!!!" They're so grateful! Gets me tons of dates.
And when they don't like it, well they're just spoiled selfish pr*cks. They should be happy that I compliment them on their status and riches.

Yeah, sure you do.

Did it ever dawn on you that they flash their wealth TO pick up women?
 DreamieDreamer
Msg: 145
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 9:47:09 AM

I just think people read to much into what a guy is saying. Its really not that complecated, Theirs no hidden meaning, No secret agenda he's said what he ment take it at face value.

The funny thing is if you flip this situation around most guys would probably kill to have the same complements said about them as they dont get them. Thats why I think people dont like anyone complaining about it because it comes across as a bit ''Oh everyone loves me its so hard boo hoo'' to those people who never get complemented.

This is the problem with Most Women. They always want to analyze what a man says as a simple answer to a simple question.

Example: Her: How was your day?
Him: It was busy and productive. I barely had time to breath much less anything else. How was your day?

Her Thought Process: So I guess he didn't miss me or think about me all day, he must not be really interested in me. I wonder what I did wrong to keep him from thinking about me all day, I mean he didn't even text me much.

:eyeroll: (I miss the emotions) :o)
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 146
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 9:56:11 AM
I could understand having a problem with people fixated on appearances, or who can't put together a sentence beyond "You are hot" (often sadly spelt with your). :p

But in general it's a compliment. While I generally would use beautiful or stunning myself to describe a woman I find to be so, there's nothing really wrong with "hot".

If a woman tells me I'm hot, I generally thank her for the compliment. At least when there's more to the message than that.
If the "you are hot" is all I get from them, then I generally just ignore the message. If they can't start a conversation then I'm not wasting my time with them.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 147
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 10:19:06 AM
In my opionion when I that; it is all about the context.

When someone has established that they like talking to me, find me interesting and share some interests and add that they find me hot, I appreciate it as they find me sexy or pretty not just interesting i.e. a positive.

When I am approached with "you're hot, wanna hook up" ew, next. Total turnoff. I always pass on those.

When it's somewhere in the middle "you're hot, want to talk more"... if that is literally all they say i usually pass.

But if they actually take the time to read the profile, say there is ANYTHING I said they resonate with and comment on something and start conversation so that I'm a person not just a physical entity; then when they comment on my being hot either before or after meeting, I am not turned off; I appreciate being appreciated as sexy and interesting. I don't need it but I'm comfortable when it's expressed, as long as that is not my only value or focus in their getting to know me.

But with it being the only comment, I am not usually won over by that. It's not that I'm insulted, nor am I complimented. To me, it's just more shallow; and I'm not crazy about shallow. I like depth and multiple levels of connection. So I get where the OP is coming from; though it sounds like it's become a red flag term for them altogether.
 infennario
Msg: 148
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 10:19:22 AM
Agree with Catalina. What a bash-fest. Now its on to "attention-seeking", "feminist nutjob" and "princesses." Yeesh.

Where and when I grew up, “hot” had a negative connotation, whether applied to men or women. Fox = positive. Hot = negative. Bash away. I guess not everyone is the same and has had the same experiences.

On the other hand, in my social circles, “nerd” is a compliment. (WSJ had a headline the other day, “Geeks are the New Royalty.”) But many people would take pause if someone called them a “nerd” or a “geek” in early messages, solely because of their own personal beliefs and background related to the words. Are they spoiled, snotty princes and princesses if they don’t view being called a “nerd” or “geek” as positive? Do we go about speculating about how MOST men or women think who don't relish being called a "nerd" or what their true motivations and deeper psychological issues must be if they're insulted by being called a "geek"? Crazy.
 Ocee
Msg: 150
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 10:35:59 AM

Kinda like men not liking it when women judge them on their financial status/career/money/material objects. I like to email men in my area who I know are wealthy based on their careers and city in which they live and write, "U R RICH!!!" They're so grateful! Gets me tons of dates.
And when they don't like it, well they're just spoiled selfish pr*cks. They should be happy that I compliment them on their status and riches.

You've go it right there. Some men would think "Woot. I'm in with a chance."

Those men would also likely deride those of us who think "Oh...ffs, go away." with accusations of disfunction.
 russell5417
Msg: 151
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 10:49:43 AM
OP.............life can be so cruel and unfair sometimes.
 Meems919
Msg: 152
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 12:05:07 PM

Think about it girls, if a guy sent you a message

cool, I don't have to think about it...I haven't been a girl for fifty-some years. I'm hot though. I know because dude4ugimmesommadat messaged me and told me so.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 153
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 12:25:35 PM
Does anyone consider Betty White hot? I definitely think she is in the hot category for her age. :P
 Maleman999
Msg: 154
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 12:51:01 PM
An appropriate response to "You are Hot" is: "No I'm not. I've got air conditioning".

Does anyone consider Betty White hot? I definitely think she is in the hot category for her age.

She might be hot for her age, but I wouldn't want to see her in a bikini or naked pictures of her as a Playboy bunny centerfold. Speaking of Playboy, she's probably about 60 years too old for Hugh Hefner.

thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 155
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:37:51 PM

She might be hot for her age, but I wouldn't want to see her in a bikini or naked pictures of her as a Playboy bunny centerfold.

I would, if for no other reason than morbid curiosity.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 157
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:58:48 PM
^^ her vagina must be reminiscent of the Sahara?
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 158
Betty White's Vagina Discussion
Posted: 4/20/2012 3:11:49 PM
You guys are in rare form.
 tdh49
Msg: 159
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 6:12:41 PM

^^ her vagina must be reminiscent of the Sahara?
No problem there. I bet Betty White keep an industrial size drum of ky jelly in her bedroom for those special occasions. Say what you will about her but she is still hot for her age.

The OP was trooling for compliments and managed to keep this thread going for 8 pages. She got the attention she was so craving. Kudos to her for that.
 cooldog65
Msg: 160
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 6:13:28 PM

Does anyone consider Betty White hot? I definitely think she is in the hot category for her age. :P

I'll pass on her and head straight for Raquel Welch. Spicy Latina cougar!
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 161
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 6:24:15 PM
Raquel would totally get it from me. I don't care if she's 105.
 Fleuron
Msg: 162
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 6:35:50 PM

You've go it right there. Some men would think "Woot. I'm in with a chance."

Really….grown men expressing themselves with, ‘Ur hot’ and ‘Woot.’ Absolutely irresistible….

But. Of course. Only snooty, selfish, entitled, uptight princess beyotches won’t spread good and wide for guys who say ‘ur hot.’ Def in text spk.

Like any of you guys have a chance in hell with Betty White, even if she was 200 years old. Pfffft.

Not even Eddie Van Halen, up there... omg...
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 163
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/20/2012 8:18:08 PM
I would take "You are Hot!" as a compliment.

In contrast, I recently received a message along the lines of "You are Hot for a woman your age!"

That didn't go over so well---especially since the guy was a year older than I. The frickin' nerve...
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 164
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/21/2012 2:37:56 AM
Holy mother of freakin' god, what is it with people these days over-analyzing
every little thing?

"Oh my goodness he said I'm hot, what are his intentions? He must be a sex-starved
as$hole who only wants to use me for sex. No way he means it as a compliment, once again
my paranoia and insecurities have translated man-speak for me. Why don't these guys
appreciate me for my brain? Men are such pigs. "

*rolls eyes*

I LOVE it when a guy tells me I'm hot. It makes me feel good. I take it as a
compliment and say thank you. It's really that simple. For me it has positive
connotations. I don't give a crap what his "ulterior motive" was for saying it, to me
it is a compliment and only that. It will not make me go out with him nor will it spread
my legs.

What it does do is make me smile. It's an ego boost, pure and simple. Why attach so
many hidden meanings/motives and negativity to such a simple thing? Allow yourself
to just accept it as a compliment, and thank him graciously.

I had a fellow email me with the most unique compliment I have received here to date,
I don't remember the exact wording but he used the word "Pulchritudinous". Now THAT,
that's HOT. Such an obscure and totally awesome word, telling me he thinks I'm hot.

I said thank you. I didn't go out with him, I didn't have cheap meaningless sex with him, I
thanked him and complimented HIM on his choice of verbiage.

People make a choice what effect others words have on them. They can only hurt you
if you allow them to. Why choose to turn a compliment (it IS a compliment by definition,
unless the speaker is referring to body temperature) into an insult? Who cares why he/she
said it, allow yourself to feel good. Stop reading wayyyy more into than exists.

This is such a simple thing, I cannot wrap my head around the (over) reactions of some
posters to words arranged in a sentence to form a compliment. It must be exhausting to
go on a date (never mind have a relationship!) and then dissect everything the person said
and did, then attach a hidden meaning, motive or desire. It boggles the mind...

Someone told me I was hot today. Couple of times. Damn but it made me feel good, and I
thanked him. THE END.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 165
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/21/2012 3:44:09 AM

Holy mother of freakin' god, what is it with people these days over-analyzing
every little thing?

Fear that they won't be respected thanks to past situations in which they weren't,is all I can guess.

This is such a simple thing, I cannot wrap my head around the (over) reactions of some
posters to words arranged in a sentence to form a compliment. It must be exhausting to
go on a date (never mind have a relationship!) and then dissect everything the person said
and did, then attach a hidden meaning, motive or desire. It boggles the mind...

Like this over little reaction?

But. Of course. Only snooty, selfish, entitled, uptight princess beyotches won’t spread good and wide for guys who say ‘ur hot.’

No one is SAYING that because a man tells you you're hot,you are in anyway obligated to "spread good and wide for guys"!Or,that sex is ALL they want from you! That's what YOU read into it based on your own issues!
Stop projecting you fears onto innocent men you simply don't find attractive enough to take the compliment from!

I said thank you. I didn't go out with him, I didn't have cheap meaningless sex with him, I
thanked him and complimented HIM on his choice of verbiage.

Glad to see there are women here who can handle themselves in a mature way without freaking out over nothing!

If Paris Hilton only knew her cute little statement would leave some women feeling completely objectified and in need of self protection and indignation towards men who use it to compliment a woman's looks.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 166
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/21/2012 3:51:45 AM
Excuse me while I scratch my head at how this thread has made 8 pages, this whole thread seems much ado about nothing :P
 JSNC7
Msg: 167
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/21/2012 3:58:48 AM
" Research has shown that any form of electronic communication to a female in which the subject is about looks, most girls do not respond - so stop telling the OP that its a compliment ... ITS NOT! "

That also depends on the degree of involvement between the 2 people, the intent of the originator, and of the receiver, as well as other possible factors.

Research has shown that Margarine is better for people than butter.

Research has shown that butter is better for people than margarine.

Research has shown that a Bumblebee should not be able to fly.
 Casper66
Msg: 168
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/21/2012 4:08:31 AM
Well I'd take your hot over your fugly anyday, it's a compliment, take it as such, I've gotten some pretty sexually explicit e-mails in the past, so a "U R hot" at my age doesn't bother me at all.
 rhonda333
Msg: 169
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/21/2012 7:34:51 AM
well I'm just now catching up with this thread. I never thought of myself as "hot" or "sexy"- even when I was much younger. BUT a lot of the boys on HOT/NOT seem to think so. I am very much complimented when some handsome young chap is sexually attracted to me. Can't imagine a woman feeling otherwise.
 VB_Mermaid1974
Msg: 170
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/21/2012 8:05:16 AM
I see where a lot of these women are coming from. I get this crap ALL OF THE TIME too. If a guy sends me a message and all he has to say is "You're Hot" he gets blocked. I don't have a problem with getting compliments, but lets get real. If thats the best a guy can do then I have not interest in him. He's likely sending the same message to 10 other women. It's the same way when I'm talking to a guy and every other sentence that comes out of his mouth is You're hot, "You are sooo sexy", "I keep thinking about kissing you because you're so sexy". TOTAL TURNOFF!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >