Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rexrugsnrocknroll
Msg: 236
You are Hot!!!Page 9 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
I don't really like using the word hot myself so I don't know what other guys are thinking when they say it. I often use the words cute, pretty or beautiful. Whenever I get called hot myself, I just say something like yeah I been sweating all day from this heat. I never say anything about how a woman looks like online because often they look different in person. I also don't believe that the attractiveness of a woman is based on just looks. If I would see a model with a lousy attitude, I will see her as not attractive. Women come in all shapes and sizes and as long as they are confident and comfortable in their skin, I would say you go girl lol
 Mr_Celibate
Msg: 237
You are Hot!!! Nominated for POF Thread Award
Posted: 4/28/2012 7:53:31 PM
I'm just walkin in sunshine.
 cross13gl
Msg: 238
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/28/2012 8:28:18 PM
you are hot! Sweetie!
 cross13gl
Msg: 239
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/28/2012 8:33:17 PM
well i'm interested in you and your HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
 angeliklush
Msg: 240
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/29/2012 5:37:23 AM
I do n't know if you noticed but a lot of guys say that line.
Before they meet you, I don't know I just think that they want to say something nice, a compliment etc, I don't really think they mean it though. Guys that send me these messages, well I delete them.
Go with your gut feeling, I mean I know when I man means it. When he does not meant it I think he wants free easy s3x.
LOL
 Meems919
Msg: 241
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/29/2012 7:04:01 AM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Let's face it, folks. Most of us here are not models and are not going to win any "beauty" contests. But I'm not attracted to model types and I'm not interested in the kinds of women who win beauty contests.

Every day, I tell my lady she is beautiful. As often as possible. Because to me, she is. She is the 3rd most beautiful female in the world to me, right after my 2 daughters. But for the longest time she would get flustered and stammer and tell me I am crazy, she isn't even pretty. She is finally starting to warm up to the idea that *I* find her beautiful and I couldn't possibly care less what any other person thinks.

So if a guy says you are hot, or smoking, or beautiful, and you disagree with him, you could just be hurting yourself and missing out on someone who could love you for you even if you are not a model. Then again it could just be codespeak for "nice rack, can I bury my face between your boobs?". It's a judgement call.weed out the creeps just looking to score and find the guys who look at you and see a work of art.

Tux, you got that right
 badwin689
Msg: 242
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/29/2012 7:13:25 AM
What is this...... I don't understand. So you're saying you want a guy to call you ugly?
If a man tells you he likes the way you look it means he is interested in you. It is not an insult, it's a compliment.
I for one love it when a women tells me I am good looking. I would never get upset because of that.
 Pichieloo
Msg: 243
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/29/2012 7:23:48 AM
It is nothing wrong when a guy says "you are hot" . That's mean that he like what he see! If you feel offended is because you are not use to that kind of street compliments.

We are all different and express in different ways and forms. If you don't like that kind of guy expression better for you to start getting use to, because here you will see that and more street compliments.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 245
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/29/2012 12:01:45 PM

What is this...... I don't understand. So you're saying you want a guy to call you ugly?

Why would the opposite be telling you something else? Perhaps it should be not to say anything at all.

If a man tells you he likes the way you look it means he is interested in you. It is not an insult, it's a compliment.

I always get the liking how someone looks - I never quite got the having to let them know you like how they look. It's just odd to think that they'd be interested in knowing this information (unless they are actually dating you and make it clear they like to be told - then it makes sense).

I for one love it when a women tells me I am good looking. I would never get upset because of that.

I agree about not getting upset. I don't know if I agree that it's a compliment. We are all ugly, non-existent or hot to someone out there. We don't have much control over this, nor should we place much stock in it.
 cjscl
Msg: 246
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:24:34 PM
I have actually sent messages to women, both on here and on the other dating site I'm on, who I don't think I would have an emotional connection with, just to tell them they are very cute or hot. I let them know I am I am solely messaging to compliment their extreme cuteness. I would definitely like it if someone gave me such compliments even if they didn't think we'd have an emotional connection, so I like to give others that good feeling too.

So I would certainly NOT be offended by such a thing as being called hot.
 stephanie4life
Msg: 247
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/29/2012 5:10:02 PM
I just take it as a compliment and go on. Now when a female says I'm hot I take that as a real compliment.
 statemachine500
Msg: 248
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:27:55 PM
I would need quite a few beers before I would say you were hot.Just kidding eh?
 tallmanenters
Msg: 250
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/30/2012 3:32:03 PM
PD, I'm not sure they can work it out... with what they are given, but cleavage is ok too, if there is nothing else beyond the 'make me laugh, fun look for nice guy' generic bullshit. Yeah, baby, I'll make you laugh. Buckle up.
 FordGirlForever
Msg: 252
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/30/2012 4:12:01 PM
When a guy calls you hot, he's looking at your body. When he says you're pretty, he's looking at your face. But, when a guy tells you that you're beautiful, he's looking at your heart.
 Fleuron
Msg: 253
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/30/2012 4:47:49 PM

Yeah, baby, I'll make you laugh. Buckle up.

We can make them laugh AFTER we've made them wet with our looks and status ;)

The outrageous egos are pretty darn funny….
 jjlost
Msg: 254
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/30/2012 5:12:58 PM
igorfrankensteen love your response. Made me laugh!!!! very refreshing viewpoint.
 WhittlingWanderer
Msg: 255
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/30/2012 5:13:07 PM
Well,

I have never sent a message to a woman on here which included a compliment on her looks. It hasn't done me any good, so what's the difference if the results are the same?
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 256
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/30/2012 5:28:29 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with those telling the OP that she's too sensitive about it. To scoff at the notion of a guy saying "You are Hot" -- ie throwing out a blatant, strong compliment, "after a while before meeting", you're essentially promoting the idea of playing games (on a basic level).

I agree that a guy shouldn't be blatant like that before it's established that she has strong interest, after many dates had... but not out of insulting/shocking a woman. It's because of the ones who aren't snooty & scoffing at it, many still are going to lose at least a little bit of interest. More interest lost the earlier it occurs. Why? Because you the guy are already caught -- some catch you are, right? Who wants an easy catch? Women want a guy who doesn't need them, or in better terms, aren't ga-ga about them off the bat... they are (more) attracted to guys who is still figuring out if She is right for Him, and she has something to prove just as much. That is a 'game' -- ie, nobody's honestly expressing how they Really feel, for fear of ruining things. But hey, that's what ya gotta do for a large majority, as it's been proven over and over again.

OP, your position, of scoffing at the notion of a guy blatantly saying you're hot after some email exchanges, before meeting, helps perpetuate that game, for better or worse. And I will also say, that upon first meeting, you probably wouldn't take it in a positive direction either (unless he was very very hot himself and he said it in a very second-hand, mild-mannered way, combined with his non-reactive, non-ga-ga persona; texts & emails lack tone mostly, by the way).
 ThatGirl092
Msg: 258
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/30/2012 6:07:12 PM
OP--- I can understand your concern. Telling a persont hat they are hot is meaning.. that they think you're sexy. I dont think a man that does not know you should give you such a compliment. It implies that he is all about sex. If people want to call you uptight because you would like to be looked at as a potential companion instead of a potential sex object.. then so be it.
I'm not sure why the people in this forum are so confused by the question.
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 259
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/30/2012 6:20:24 PM
It's a compliment of your outer appearance but not of your inner character. I would rather a guy compliment my inner person.
 hen
Msg: 261
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/30/2012 7:49:23 PM
would you like me to send you all my messages. The only think I get is, You are hot, thier phone no on the first email. and anything vulgur. I love your tight pants, sexy.
No hearton64, this is not a compliment but a insult. I get sex prostitution offer all the time. I usually reply back with a big figure per hour and some eveen try to negotioate that,
These guys are mostly older and younger. Some will eventuaally apolagize. I asked them is it ok if same one send thier daughter, nieces, sister, mother with that messages and usually they are cursing up a storm or appolagizing. So why is it not ok for someone to call thier daughter that but a strange women. Once it will be a complimenting for thier female family members than it would be ok with me.
No educated, real guy, who wants to get to know me have even started a conversation with me as I am hot.
The guys know its wrong.
 ixtlan09
Msg: 262
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/30/2012 7:51:55 PM
I'm not sure if it's a deal breaker or not. But you sure are hot. Oh, sorry. Did I offend you? Gee, you certainly get insulted easily, don't you? If this is what grates your nerves, you have a life most people would envy. Learn to be thankful.
 Rob3444
Msg: 263
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/30/2012 8:00:42 PM
I get that all the time! I have to contort my face just not to be so addressed.
Next time a woman tells me how hot I am I'm gonna freak!
You should wake up as Fiona, Shreks wife in ogre form just to have it easier on here.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 264
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/30/2012 11:40:10 PM
The only think I get is, You are hot, thier phone no on the first email. and anything vulgur. I love your tight pants, sexy. No hearton64, this is not a compliment but a insult.

The OP implied that after a while, not initial message (even though I'm sure she gets her fair share of those, too). Point is, things are going fine & well & normal, and then they throw out a blatant compliment "You are hot", implying that's why they'd like to meet her (but of course, duh, looks is going to be the determining factor to meet someone).

I think it's guilt by association, which is why many times personal ad advisers to guys always say not to compliment her looks at all -- they'll get that a lot, and it's emphasized by those who are vulgar or that's all they say and have no substance. Guilt by association.

With that said, as another poster just pointed out, there are many women who write extremely little or next to nothing. I'm sure virtually none of such folk are those who post in the forums.... and please remember, those who write in the forums are a statistical insignificance when it comes to the # of users on the site. That's not to say though, even with those profiles, a guy should just say "You're Hot" -- but about the only thing he can note of interest is her looks (but he should obviously inquire about her to avoid just being 'one of those guys').
 nonchalantgal
Msg: 265
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/1/2012 1:10:30 AM
When a guy tells me that I usually take it as a compliment. I don't see anything wrong with being seen as hot if they are sincere about it. It seems a bit mean to just cut a guy off because he complimented you...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >