Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Pushing for yahoo messenger.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Zuglo65
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Pushing for yahoo messenger.Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

The only time you should be suspicious is when they are asking to Skype/Yahoo IM within a matter of minutes of first contact. They are usually scammers and want to get you off site before their account is deleted

Maybe so..But how hard it is to realize she is a scammer, and cut off all contact??
All I am saying is that don't be so quick to jump to conclusion, or you might miss out on a great girl.
You don't think I got a sad story about her Mom died, car stolen, house broken into etc a few times, after we moved to Yahoo..I just wished her good luck, and deleted a contact.
What was the harm?
 rosewood_girl
Msg: 50
Pushing for yahoo messenger.
Posted: 10/13/2013 10:01:29 PM
I dont like chatting on pof cause i dont have it mobile. I would probably use messenger as a way of chatting if the person didn't want to give out their number. But personally, I dont sit on my computer all day and waste typing on it, its annoying.
 Chica4Uonly
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/18/2013 2:16:37 PM
Scammers use yahoo and 90% of the time great pictures that do not belong to them and are widowed with 1 child.
 GirlNHouston
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2016 8:23:27 PM
People! What rock have you been under. 99.99999999999 of the [Nigerians] people that want to download YM are SCAMMERS! Grammar is your first (and last) clue. Insisting you download something after a few -- or worse -- a lot of emailing back and forth via POF, which is designed for safety! I'm not sure what they get from YM that they are not getting on the site, but it must be something. I've had [Nigerians] men go back and forth (I love to mess with them) forever! The whole conversation is usually about not wanting to chat with the POF website. Yet, they go on and on back and forth!

Some of you here make me sad. You think you have found the perfect person (Guess what? He doesn't exist). You give yourself every reason to believe him, foreign born, etc. You are being set up for a round with a catfish! If you get an email that sounds too good (or strange) to be true, it IS!

Same thing goes on with Match. The guy has poor grammar, and ALWAYS lives on one coast or the other and is ALWAYS on business in the middle somewhere. They need, want, etc., for you to be on YM. They go back and forth about how you need to get to know each other there and it can't be done on the site -- even though he goes back and forth.

I don't know, maybe they need to get you off the site to hack into your system. If they EVER give you the link to sign up, RUN!

Stay safe, there is a shoe for every sock.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2016 10:17:38 PM
I used to ask to Skype with any one I feel I wanted to meet to see if they were real and if they didn't want to do that, red flags came up Maybe he feels he needs to know who you really are or at least look the way you represent yourself.

However my bet is that he will soon get ideas about sexy shots etc and I certainly would not want to see a stranger's equipment and what he may do with it on video.

Scammers often want to go to Yahoo Messenger as soon as and I don't blame you for being wary. I would be asking to meet as soon as if you feel any interest as you can email until you are blue in the face but nothing is real until you have that physical meet.

CecillyAnn
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/6/2016 7:45:55 AM
To thine own self be true, OP. I, too, prefer email instead of IM for the same reasons you do. If I make that clear and someone insists on trying to rearrange my comfort zone to accommodate theirs, it's already not a good match. Move on and explore communication with someone who shares or at least respects your comfort level.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/8/2016 6:29:55 AM
I have had my same yahoo account for 17 years. I use it quite a bit to speak to the people with whom I have been speaking on this account for ages, even though we are using Facebook, skype (that account is 16 years old), yahoo messenger is faster and more convenient at times.

heck, I still sign into ICQ every now and then, and that account will be 20 years old by the end of the year.

I think if anybody is pushing a form of communication over another and it makes you uncomfortable, don't communicate with them.
 Maleman999
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/8/2016 6:44:13 AM
I'm a one finger typist, so any direct communication by typewritten words is an exercise in patience.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/8/2016 8:33:44 AM
The only escalation in communication that I desire, is plans for us to meet. I am not interested in changing platforms (like texting through phone, or messenger, etc), that does not change anything about the communication, you're still messaging, so what is going to make the difference between the site and texting? Nope, and I'm not interested in talking to anyone on a phone. The next step is to meet, stop the bullsh*t!

This whole approach to dating or trying to get to know someone before you actually get to know them (in person) is total bullsh*t. This is not the stock market in that respect, you don't get to study how well the stock has held up over the past 5 years, to then start thinking of investing capital. Invest the capital and then see if the stock holds up, how would you even know the stock exists if you don't invest? come on now!

You can talk all the bullsh*t you want to talk, message the crap out of yourself to someone, but meeting is the only thing that is going to determine if you like them enough to f*ck them, if you can see yourself in their company and arms in some future. Everything that happens before meeting is fluff, so why spend air time on your phone or time texting back and forth before meeting? That's the serious case of not having enough to do in your life.
 ohenryx
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2016 10:50:41 AM
Belle, you are indeed a “study in contradictions”. Here, just above, you say:

You can talk all the bullsh*t you want to talk, message the crap out of yourself to someone, but meeting is the only thing that is going to determine if you like them enough to f*ck them, if you can see yourself in their company and arms in some future. Everything that happens before meeting is fluff, so why spend air time on your phone or time texting back and forth before meeting? That's the serious case of not having enough to do in your life.

Yet, in another post made this very same day, you said:

I had a clear goal in mind, I'm going to go out and have a great time in the company of men, and leave it at that. If something grows out of it, if I meet someone I like, that's a bonus.

I've met many people, I've learned a lot, I've networked, I've had way more good times than bad. I am not bothered by the things most people are bothered by (the flakyness, the ghosting, getting wrapped up way ahead of schedule, having people just disappear, getting seduced into a ONS, etc). I've never slept with anyone I've dated, never really kissed anyone I've met through online dating, I haven't met anyone I'd consider for such activities.

So here you are, you’ve had a profile up for, what, 3.5 years? You have “met many people”, but not kissed one single man?

If you have met many men, but not a single one of them was worth kissing, I don’t think your advice about online dating should carry much weight.

Just my opinion.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/8/2016 11:04:54 AM
I don't see the contradiction, but nice try.

I'm not asking anyone to take my advice, I'm simple expressing my opinion. Yes, I have met many men, and kissed none. I have no reason to settle, I have to feel something. I have not dated anyone long enough to enter a relationship as I cannot continue to date someone I cannot even see myself kissing or f*cking.

Are you implying that there is a unspoken time limit to being single?

You're fishing for something that isn't there .......just my opinion
 ohenryx
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2016 12:45:02 PM

Are you implying that there is a unspoken time limit to being single?

Most definitely not.

'm not asking anyone to take my advice, I'm simple expressing my opinion.

And you most definitely have the right to express your opinion.

But … (you knew there was a “but” coming, right?)

You exemplify an attitude about dating that I find most disconcerting. You are an attractive woman, and you are on here to find dates, to find men who will wine and dine you without any reciprocal behavior on your part (other than “the pleasure of your company”).

You want men to pursue you, to flatter you, to chase after you, to make you feel good about yourself. With no regard on your part for how they feel, or what they might be getting out of the interactions.

If you have met many men, but not one of them was “kissable”, then you’re doing something wrong, in my humble opinion. I suspect that you are taking advantage of these men, wasting their time, time that they could be using to better advantage pursuing women who just might give a damn about them.

To sum it up: You are getting something out of this, the men that you’re meeting are NOT. And you are perfectly okay with that. One word comes to mind.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/8/2016 1:17:29 PM
^^ that’s rude and presumptuous.

Can you read. Try again:

I have not dated anyone long enough to enter a relationship as I cannot continue to date someone I cannot even see myself kissing or f*cking.

I’m not speaking for Belle but telling her there’s a “word” for her when you tell her how she feels and what she wants and then judge her for your misinterpretation of her words, NO.

BelleAtlantic
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/8/2016 1:42:34 PM

You exemplify an attitude about dating that I find most disconcerting. You are an attractive woman, and you are on here to find dates, to find men who will wine and dine you without any reciprocal behavior on your part (other than “the pleasure of your company”).

What exactly is there to reciprocate? We are both there for the same purpose, to see each other in the flesh and figure out chemistry/f*ckability/the possibility of a second, third, fourth date, etc. I happen to not like 98% of the people I meet, not that I initially didn't like them at all, but I definitely didn't in person. Is that my fault? A woman is expected to go many many first dates before she meets someone with whom things may go forward.

Are you referring to financial reciprocity? In my culture, the man pays for everything, and that's how the cookie crumbles. None of the men I've dated ever expressed anything about it, I mostly date people who are culturally compatible to mine.

You want men to pursue you, to flatter you, to chase after you, to make you feel good about yourself. With no regard on your part for how they feel, or what they might be getting out of the interactions.

No, no, no, and only I can make myself feel good, lol. How they feel is how they feel and they have to deal with themselves. You want me to be concerned about a stranger I've never met (you know, dating wise)? You think a man is concerned about how I feel? No! He wants to get into my pants!

They are getting a real person, with real pictures, with real conversation to offer about a wide range of subjects, who is educated, single, have no children, have no drama, has been to a lot of places, is well traveled, lives on her own, and can engage in a relationship should she want to. Many people don't get to meet who they are talking to, let alone them being the same as in their pictures, who can hold a conversation, who has a clue about what they want, etc. I've been on dates where I have been told "wow, you actually speak", I'm guessing they were used to carrying the whole conversation in person as well.

I've also been on dates where there was no mutual interest, yet they wanted to continue to see me.

How about you let them evaluate what exactly they are getting out of instead of assuming I have no regard for what they are getting in exchange? They must be getting something out of it if they continue to date me.

If you have met many men, but not one of them was “kissable”, then you’re doing something wrong, in my humble opinion. I suspect that you are taking advantage of these men, wasting their time, time that they could be using to better advantage pursuing women who just might give a damn about them.

What I'm doing wrong is dating when I actually want to remain single, lol. I took a break for a year and didn't miss dating for a second. I decided to date again, to network and see what's out there, and who knows...............something may happen this time around.

Again, most dates start and end at that, regardless of who likes who, or if none do. So who is wasting who's time is debatable. Just because there is no mutual interest, or one-sided interest at the end of the date, does not make it a waste of time. Most people can't get a single date, I on the other hand, cannot complain.

To sum it up: You are getting something out of this, the men that you’re meeting are NOT. And you are perfectly okay with that. One word comes to mind.

I don't play games, I don't promise anything I'm not willing to give, I just go on dates. I cannot be concerned with what it is that they get out of it, because that's something they have to decide. I am not in any measure, dragging anyone along, feigning interest where there isn't any, teasing anyone, or anything of the sort. My profile is very clear about the fact that I'm only interested in dating.

People are attracted to unavailability, that's not my fault, lol. Most men love a challenge, they think their mission is to take me off the website, they get the sense that I'm not someone who would go for coffee/drink/tea meet, so they propose dinner, which I accept. I wouldn't go out with just anybody either, I usually go out with professionals like myself, people who have it to give, who won't be financially devastated after a date or two. It's not like I'm dating people who have no chance in h*ll, that would be cruel and unfair.

So what exactly is the problem again?
 cliffy2
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/8/2016 10:48:27 PM

Msg 58: I have had my same yahoo account for 17 years. I use it quite a bit to speak to the people with whom I have been speaking on this account for ages, even though we are using Facebook, skype (that account is 16 years old),

OMG ...
You are so FOS, lasthookbringsme.

Still using a sock puppet from the previous poster, eternityboresme, who was a classy and lovely woman.

Just because she keeps you in a steady supply of updated photos, does not convince those of us who know better that you have not appropriated this account for your own use, blonde^j^angel, AKA: pretty_patterson, Canandaigua_Momma ( the profile you created on your new BF's computer after moving to Ashland City, Tennessee), eternityboreme, or the very old profiles - blondenicole, quiet whispers, disco hippie chick, blondedevil12524, angelicblondie, almostablonde, blondeangel, blondie mcblondie, blondewinterlover, blonde__angel (with 2 underscores), blonde_angel845, greeneyesblondehair, etc., etc.

Anyway, you just can't help yourself from creating some delusional identity as a gourmet cook, who travels the world and cracks the thesaurus, only to use the words you look up in just the slightly wrong context, but whom is counting?

Hee, hee.

You can never shed the tacky, no matter how many times you try to reinvent yourself.

Oh, by the way, skype did not even release their beta version until 2003. Somehow you have had a skype account for 16 years?

I guess you can't be happy with just the sock puppet accounts, because your ego won't let you go for long without posting a photo of yourself as 50thousandand2, or 10_million or whatever.

You are one sad piece of work.

Did you stay married so you can continue to milk your separated husband, the former J_Bighorse (whose profile you used to use to delete other users), for maintenance money while you live with your new BF? I hope he wises up and sees you for the narcissistic, delusional-carb-addict-in-denial you are.

UGH.

You really give women a bad name.

Seriously, you have the nerve to tell people to workout and eat healthy? Why not tell them to get a lapband like you did? Or a sleeve, like your second operation, when you kept eating around your lapband, and caused the gallbladder surgery from abusing your drug of choice and your own gut?

You have a Bachelor Degree?

Sort of like you are "retired," but all you get is disability, for your supposedly messed up foot, and money from hubby.

Oh, yeah, I loved the youtube when you went to your mom's for Christmas after your FIRST weight loss surgery and came unglued because people were smacking their lips in enjoyment of their Chinese food, so you made a big scene and accused them of mocking you. It really is all about you, isn't it?

Pathetic.

Well, don't think the guy who owns this account has anything to do with this post. He's just an idiot who left his account open.

P.S. Please spare us the bull krap about not going on an adult site, when you used to billboard about the free dinners you got from the dudes who took you out from Adult Friend Finder.

P.P.S. I guess all the behind the scenes deletion in which you participated bit you in the behind, didn't it? Oh, well, live by the sock puppet, die by the sock puppet, I 'spose.

So boring here, now ... at least this post will get things popping a little.
 sillysarainsask
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/9/2016 9:37:14 AM
Well, it seems like someone is letting off steam or got up on the wrong side of the bed. What is a sock puppet and what does FOS mean? Sorry, I tend to use WTF and FFS.
 ohenryx
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2016 1:30:28 PM

People are attracted to unavailability, that's not my fault

True. When I was young and stupid, I was subject to the same problem.

I guess my biggest problem with what you have posted is that you seem to enjoy making fun of the young men who chase you. My tendency is to feel sorry for them, and you seem to have no regard at all for them, you just see them as inanimate objects to be used. Words such as these:

I cannot be concerned with what it is that they get out of it,

I think that we should all, each and every one of us, be concerned about the feelings of the people that we meet and interact with.

I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree about this.

And to “SunshineGirl__”: The “word” I had in mind is “selfish”, or perhaps “self-centered”. And I do believe the great majority of people who read my post understood exactly what word I had in mind.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2016 2:58:35 PM
FOS-Full of shit.
 Seki1949
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2016 8:47:50 PM

so they propose dinner, which I accept.

To everyone their own but early on I had dinner with a couple of strangers. I would never do that again. Can be a long awkward time for one or both.

If a meet and greet was going well for both parties, I would suggesting extending it to dinner.

(Dating is so past-tense to me.)
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/11/2016 12:23:21 AM

OMG ...
You are so FOS, lasthookbringsme.

No-- I have had the same yahoo account since 1999. I remember exactly when I signed up for the account -- it was to stay in communication with some of my ICQ/Chat friends, as it tended not to work too well from time to time. I do use it less, now, as I use programs like whatsapp and Viber for direct communication. (I have even met some great people on Yahoo! chat -- several of whom are my close friends, a couple I actually, too.

As for the the rest of your troll rant (which I didn't read word for word), I safely disregarded it.
Whatever.
I'm still here, and you're not. (But you'll be back, with your billionth ID/sock, stalking and harassing the same people.)
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/11/2016 12:31:00 AM

If a meet and greet was going well for both parties, I would suggesting extending it to dinner.

That may work; but some people really limit their meet and greet time to a few minutes (in between other meets, work and gym, etc) without intending to go to dinner. People do do this, and it's worked out. I think keeping the meet and greet and dinner invite separate is a better idea, at least for me.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/11/2016 12:37:24 AM

Well, it seems like someone is letting off steam or got up on the wrong side of the bed.

She's the same person who's attempting to drive specific people out of the forums, with countless and endless IDs/multiple IDs in one conversation (sock puppets)/ to harass and harangue said people before she rallies her peeps to report them.

What is a sock puppet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)

I guess she lived her own words, at least from the glimpse of the tail end of the post before I clicked reply.

and what does FOS mean? Sorry, I tend to use WTF and FFS.

Full of shit. But these folks generally are.
 sillysarainsask
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/11/2016 6:18:01 PM
So who is the "bad guy" in Msg. 66, the blonde or the momma or the eternity? Or are they the same person? What is "peeps"? And I looked up sock puppet, thanks for the link.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2016 6:28:37 PM

She's the same person who's attempting to drive specific people out of the forums, with countless and endless IDs/multiple IDs in one conversation (sock puppets)/ to harass and harangue said people before she rallies her peeps to report them.

But who is/was it? What screen names? Was there a picture for this "cliffy"?

Still using a sock puppet from the previous poster, eternityboresme, who was a classy and lovely woman.

Well, see? This "cliffy" character actually thinks you're classy & lovely -- so you can't be TOO upset, right? :) I think cliffey mistakens you for Blonde Angel, so I think Blonde Angel should be mad at this person!

However, cliffy did have one point correct though -- Skype wasn't invented until mid 2003.
 yougotmeakitten
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/11/2016 7:13:06 PM
While explaining to someone the definition of the word "bloviate", I came upon the word "langnes".

Wow if ever a word fit a topic...

Le Pew
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Pushing for yahoo messenger.