Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Photo's and SUNGLASSES      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 9
Photo's and SUNGLASSESPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Lightbrownsuga2luv, i'm willing to bet that 99% of girls on here are the same way. They go by looks. Otherwise, they'd actually give guys a chance and see what they have to say, and you wouldn't have so many posts about never getting a reply
 RERE1026
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/22/2012 4:26:24 PM
HELLO.....IS ANYONE OUT THERE?
 LauraLab1
Msg: 11
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:21:53 AM
Main photos should be ones without sunglasses or hats. People wearing either tend to make me think they are trying to hide.

What's even worse? Those bathroom-mirror shots. I HATE those!!
 Paderic
Msg: 12
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/29/2012 9:19:13 AM
All of these amazing stereotypes about people with sunglasses, and here all this time I just thought they wanted to protect their eyes from UV rays. Or see through the glare...
 mjinict
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/29/2012 9:29:20 AM
Yes, but why post those pictures on a dating site when people want to know what you look like is the issue.
 Paderic
Msg: 14
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/29/2012 11:02:06 AM
Yes, but why post those pictures on a dating site when people want to know what you look like is the issue.

Um, maybe because it's the only current picture they have? The only pictures I have of myself where my lenses aren't dark are those taken indoors. Anything in daylight and the lenses self darken.

People on this site seem to never run out of reasons for NOT contacting or replying to someone. And then they whine about not being able to find anyone...
 mjinict
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:11:44 PM
So take an indoor pic maybe? Not rocket science these days as one said... Making an effort on a profile = making an effort at a relationship.
 Vannili
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:15:06 PM
Larrytwa, thank you for your advice I'll keep that in mind.. Did I missed your question on this thread ??
Sorry if I did , for I was wearing a SUNGLASSES while reading the Forum's threads. I think I look cool like Lady Gaga on my webcam..
 Paderic
Msg: 17
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:45:47 PM

So take an indoor pic maybe? Not rocket science these days as one said... Making an effort on a profile = making an effort at a relationship.

As opposed to not posting any pic at all?
 mjinict
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/29/2012 8:39:32 PM
As opposed to not posting any pic at all?
--
No, as I just stated in another thread, it's uncomfortable getting out of a situation after chatting and having them send a pic, then losing interest. Best to post a decent one up front.
 Paderic
Msg: 19
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/30/2012 5:18:06 AM

No, as I just stated in another thread, it's uncomfortable getting out of a situation after chatting and having them send a pic, then losing interest. Best to post a decent one up front.

Perhaps you don't see the irony of someone without a picture posted criticizing someone for posting one with sunglasses on.
 mjinict
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/30/2012 5:32:23 AM
I'm not looking anymore so it really doesn't matter. When I was, I had a clear, no glasses head shot.
 Paderic
Msg: 21
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/30/2012 9:11:59 AM
I wear glasses all the time, for me to post a picture without glasses would be deceptive.

I have one picture I took of myself indoors where the lenses are clear. Almost all pictures of me that someone else has taken are outdoors, so my lenses are dark. If that's not good enough for a woman, she isn't someone I care to meet anyway.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 22
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/30/2012 9:26:16 AM
I wear glasses all the time, for me to post a picture without glasses would be deceptive.

It's not deceptive at all. Unless you sleep in your glasses, any woman you become involved with is going to see you without them sooner or later.

I think anyone who wears prescription lenses should consider including a picture of themselves without them on. It doesn't have to be their main photo.
 KingofSnuggles
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/30/2012 9:46:11 AM
how about maybe......the person isn't so vain as to take a lot of self-portraits and at the time those pics were taken they were in direct sunlight?

Stating someone is trying to "hide their identity" just because they're wearing sunglasses in a picture (which 99% of people wear them)......is F N RETARDED!!!

God people get a life
 Paderic
Msg: 24
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/30/2012 10:22:27 AM

It's not deceptive at all. Unless you sleep in your glasses, any woman you become involved with is going to see you without them sooner or later.

Don't be ridiculous. By the time a woman sees me without glasses, I suspect whether or not I am wearing them in my profile picture will be moot.

When/if she meets me, she will see me wearing glasses, so it is appropriate for me to show myself that way.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 25
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/30/2012 3:16:52 PM
When/if she meets me, she will see me wearing glasses, so it is appropriate for me to show myself that way.

Well, I don't know about other women, but I wouldn't even meet a man if I couldn't discern his facial features clearly from his photos. That includes his eyes. I don't like surprises, and I happen not to find bloodshot eyes attractive.

My partner wears glasses, and he included one picture of himself in his profile without them. Fortunately, his eyes were one of his best features---even though he can't see without his glasses.
 mjinict
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/30/2012 6:22:07 PM
^^^I would suggest better posture, or standing perhaps, and lose the short shorts, first impressions....Paderic, no need for pic sans glasses, IMO:)
 grove_22
Msg: 27
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/30/2012 6:56:13 PM
It's not a big deal to me. Sure it may be nice to see someone's eyes. But it's unlikely I would lose interest in someone just because of their eyes.

I agree. In theory, I suppose it's possible that people with sunglasses are hiding some type of eye defect. But I doubt that happens frequently though. It's more likely that it was their most recent photo(s). They were wearing sunglasses because it was a bright sunny day or they felt sunglasses makes them look more hip or cool. I have rarely seen a person wearing sunglasses become much less attractive after they remove the sunglasses.

Besides even if a person didn't have sunglasses in their photos, many people will find something else in their photos to complain about. Shirtless photos, cell phone / bathroom mirror photos, professional photos, photos that include member(s) of the opposite sex, cars, animals ( dead or alive ), an alcoholic beverage etc.
 FishOwl
Msg: 28
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/30/2012 7:51:09 PM
"People who live in glass houses!" . . . don't have pictures?

"hats= so you cant see thier balding or bald spot" . . . I don't have a bald spot, I like the hat.

"I think glasses of any sort changes the wearer's looks." . . . as well as the ability to see. If glasses are worn consistently, they should obviously be in the picture.

"I heard this from the ladies on a previest post so I changed my picture and still nothing "
. . . You get all kinds of crap from both genders. Do what is you and to Blazes with those who don't like it.
 Paderic
Msg: 29
Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/30/2012 8:01:12 PM

Besides even if a person didn't have sunglasses in their photos, many people will find something else in their photos to complain about.

If that isn't the truth.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Photo's and SUNGLASSES