Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PrettyBrowneyidcowboylady
Msg: 61
Are there ever any happy ever afters on POF with over 45's?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I am so feeling the same way.. my second time on POF... the first 3 days my in box was on over load..now I am getting nothing.. Except men in their 70's contacting me.. Its making me wonder are men on here really looking for that one person or is it just for sex... I dont know...Help!!!
 meetme28269
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Are there ever any happy ever afters on POF with over 45's?
Posted: 5/8/2012 7:25:51 PM
I have found my significant other on this site.
I never had a problem getting dates ,my success ratio may not have been 100% but what part of life is?

The biggest problem most people have on this site is having a laundry list, an arm long ,of all their wishes for a perfect partner.
Without getting into how dumb it is to conduct a search that way,suffice it to ask: So you found the perfect male/or female,why would they be interested in you?

I am BTW,65 soon to be 66.Age doesn't have anything to do with it,stick to those that are close to you in age,interests and have something interesting to say on their profile and you will do just fine.

Love is there for everyone with an open mind and an open heart.
 saveta
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/9/2012 10:46:32 PM
Hard to know if there will be happy every after, because it's early days still.
 Anchuka
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/10/2012 4:18:30 PM
I have not been on long and too date have not met anyone from the site. I got lots of offers, many I replied too if you would not do it to my face dont suggest it here. Not saying all guys are like that but the ones who I have met so far have been.

One thing I got from the site was the fact OK I am turning 50 this year. I dont feel 50, I dont think I look 50 and I dont act 50. And i have many in RL ever guessing I am 50. OK back to what I got from this site... the courgae to go out in RL and try and WOW I for one found it so tempting. Good on all of you who have met you SO on this site but for me words on the screen are just words. We can say anything. And in the flesh is always more enticing and of late I have found there are more guys out there my age than I first thought.

Though saying all that I will continue to see if I can find someone I can connect with on this site. . .
 ottgatman
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/14/2012 7:20:19 AM
I met my girlfriend on POF over 4 years ago. We didn't get together right away as there wasn't a 'perfect' fit and we had a break-up once but we are both happy together right now. "Ever afters" happen one day at a time. ;-)
 jstagirl16
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/15/2012 5:23:37 PM
i don't know but sure hope so....serious about long term relationships
 RosehipsAlberta
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/15/2012 7:51:16 PM
Each of us has our own unique path, and it may or may not include a happy-ever-after from POF.
And this is totally independent of what happens to other people here.
Besides ... we have to live and love our life for this very moment. The past is over with, tomorrow isn't here yet ... so if we're not in the present, we have nothing.
 luvyduvy49
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/15/2012 8:20:52 PM
i have concerns about similar issues i ended up putting a lot of stuff on my profile about not coming on in a sexual way people don't read profiles i find lol

anywho i did have a 2yr relationship with someone i met on here about 3yrs ago that's why im back but im finding im not getting responses unless they want sex

i am sexual but COME ON lol
 ChinaMoon52
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/26/2012 6:51:56 AM
no one can predict, however my personal experience is: have been divorced 12 years, and been on/off here for 8 years (have dated gals from other sites in between); I still see women here with their same headline ("looking for that last first date") and with basically the same photos as when I started; I've met several women, and few turned into a real 'first' date, let alone a second. I have had more success on other sites, but basically I've pretty much given up on thinking that (women) over 50 are seriously looking for anything resembling love, and are too interested in finding something (anything) they don't like about a guy because they base everything said and done on past bad relationships. At least this has been my experience; so tired of hearing about the 57 reasons they got a divorce; and maybe Pittsburgh PA is unique in some way, but a majority of the women over 50 from this area look like 50 miles of bad road, and big as a bus. Disgusting. So even tho its a big metropolitan area, a lot are eliminated just from appearance.
 jensecret
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/30/2012 8:11:46 PM
I met a great guy on this site and we're dating now.
 MarkWtbyCT
Msg: 76
Posted: 6/16/2012 10:03:04 AM
I plan on being one of the happy ever afters. I'm just sitting tight until things are all finalized hopefully end of July. I see quite a lot of potential here.
 firsttimers67ab
Msg: 77
Posted: 6/18/2012 4:12:00 PM
Yes ,It is possible to meet the love of your life on here.You do have to sift through a lot of profiles until you find the one for you, but you can.Timing is everything. I met someome within 6 months and so far things are awesome. I found you have to be the one to initiate contact and ask the right questions.Dont give up.
 troynm
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2012 5:31:05 PM
It's gotta be super rare. I think it's hopeless for 99% if us here.
 tornadoadv
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2013 3:27:03 AM
NO hope EVER for ME then. - There just ain't ANY single, available, females in Suffolk!! lol
 brisco414
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/27/2013 6:00:47 AM
Yes, anything is possible.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/27/2013 6:24:39 AM
I don't know any over-45's who've had a lasting relationship from an on-line date. I've been on and off dating sites for about 7 years and my record was 3 dates with one guy before he *poofed* (he's still here, by the way). I've had so many one-time dates/meetings I've lost track. And only one relationship that lasted for 6 months. However, I know several younger couples (under 35) who've found a lasting relationship from an on-line date.

I've come to the conclusion that it's them, not me ;)
 mrnova66
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/27/2013 7:47:29 AM
I have seen people on here from around 2005/2006 that claim they have found the "ONE"..And guess what? These same people are back on this site finding the "ONE". And what i have seen it is well over 50%.They know who they are,But do not feel bad.It is the same in IRL.Within 5 to 6 years at best well above 50% end up splitting up and that is being conservative.I say more power to you.Just not me.I rather not waste my time on deadend relatioships.I got better things to do with my time
 ohenryx
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2013 8:13:19 AM

phoenix_55
I don't know any over-45's who've had a lasting relationship from an on-line date.

I do know people who are over 45, well over in some cases, and who have a new “lasting relationship”. I suspect quite a few of them met online, but they don’t advertise it, and I don’t ask. In this segment of the population, there is still a bit of stigma attached to online dating. Just remember this: There is no such thing as online dating. All dating takes place in the real world.

phoenix_55
I've had so many one-time dates/meetings I've lost track.

As, indeed, have I. Last year I estimated somewhere over 100 initial meetings.

brisco414
Yes, anything is possible.

+1
My attitude exactly. You cannot win if you do not play. And to me, this is fun. Meeting new people, hearing their stories – it beats the hell out of watching TV!
 TALLTEXAN2012
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2013 6:25:52 PM
I have been on here a year and I have made some really good friends. I have dated some fun guys but I guess I am from the old school ...I always let the guys contact me...!
My first four months I had lots of offers BUT I was still in the process of my divorce and I was upfront about that and didn't want to meet and greet. I was trying to see what the dating scene was like now after a 39 year marriage...YIKES! I will be 63 in August and I still have hope so I say hang in here and have fun...I am!
 brisco414
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/27/2013 10:26:51 PM
I would like to add that I just got home from one of the best dates/first meets I have ever experienced with respect to on-line dating. I don't know what will happen or what the future holds -- no expectations type of thing because reallly, I have none but if anything, I wouldn't of met this guy if I hadn't of taken the time to join ...*gag* an internet dating site.

So I keep to my "anything is possible" way of thinking and will continue to be open minded.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 87
Posted: 4/27/2013 10:39:44 PM
You just blew a little fuel on my fire Briscoe. Best wishes for you : )
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/29/2013 12:14:39 PM
^^^^Congratulations. That's so wonderful.
I cannot tell you how discouraged I get at times...so frustrating. But you already know that. When I get into that state I will hide my profile and come back when I'm in a better frame of mind.

I have thought of throwing in the ole fishing rod but deleting my profile would only cut down my chances of ever meeting anyone. I still keep other options open as well....I don't totally depend on PoF.

...mae
 02HDF150
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2013 4:45:33 PM
I believe there can be happy ever afters. This is my 3rd go round on POF after taking a break and i'm seeing a great woman I met on here back in January. It takes patience, and like CarpeOmina said, it's not the fault of the new person you meet that the person you met before was a problem. You must be able to wipe the slate clean of past dating disappointments and go into the next potential date with an open mind. Before I met the person i'm seeing, I'd been very discouraged especially after reading some of the threads on here and the thought process of some women and men on here. I thought I was doing something wrong. There are forum posters that offer great advice and there are others that leave me scratching my head. But in the end, I did what I thought was best for me and I ended up listening to my heart and my gut. That proved to be the best advice because at times you can become overwhelmed with the do's and dont's of dating online and it stresses you out to the point of just saying screw it.
In order for there to be happy ever afters, I believe we have to be happy with ourselves first. We can't expect someone else to make us happy. When you're happy with yourself, it's easier to make someone else happy and accept happiness from someone else.
 wcratz2012
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/30/2013 8:23:18 PM
I think most of us have better odds at winning the lottery then finding our match.
Even getting struck by lightning I think we got better odds.
I can find what I am not looking for with no effort.
Weird huh?
 DrummingNut
Msg: 94
Posted: 5/1/2013 7:32:19 AM
I'm having and enjoying a 'happy ever after' with 3 people...

me, myself, and I.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >