Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whisky_River
Msg: 95
Are there ever any happy ever afters on POF with over 45's?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
There are "happy ever afters"....I know quite a few romances that have blossomed off POF...all in different stages. In most...it depends on what your "happy ever after" consists of.
Two marriages.
So many variables, need to happen for two people to connect....timing....maturity....commanalities...frame of mind...being open to it and the "attraction" thing has to be there.
On line...IRL...other sites...all the same....imo.
My last 2 year relationship was from real life...no guarantees... just another lesson learned!
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 96
Are there ever any happy ever afters on POF with over 45's?
Posted: 5/1/2013 12:00:15 PM
NOPE, and I'll not bore anyone with the horrid details. That's why my profile is gone and I'm now doing Forums only.
 mrnova66
Msg: 97
Posted: 5/2/2013 8:11:32 PM
I agree with you wcratz2012..And how about the ones that jump from one relationship to another relationship,Then they come on here and tell everyone about all the lessons they have learned. These people crack me up.Going from one dead end miserable relationship to another dead end miserable relationship.Such a great learning experience.What a joke!!!!!
 PlayNice321
Msg: 98
Posted: 5/3/2013 2:06:36 PM

it depends on what your "happy ever after" consists of.

I met an incredible man on here 3+ years ago. We were together for over 2. I'm sorry to say it ended but I'm not sorry to say it happened.

So it wasn't 'ever after' but it was HAPPY. And I can't really complain about that, can I? Obviously I have some confidence in this crazy place for some reason since I'm back on it.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2013 3:55:24 AM
I don't know about POF, but my brother met a wonderful woman on another site a couple years back and they are getting married next year. When I was married, my (then) husband met a woman on one of the dating sites and they are getting married.
 Misguided_Old_Mule
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/9/2013 2:53:05 PM

I'm having and enjoying a 'happy ever after' with 3 people...

DrummingNut, you scared the [BLEEP] out of me for a second.

Ever after, who can say, but
I met my true love through the forums in 2008 & we married in 2011.

Met/dated some interesting people before him too.
There really are genuine people here who, when you meet them, are what they claim to be (or better).
 RrEosDe
Msg: 101
Posted: 5/20/2013 11:09:02 PM
No. But ten years goes really fast.
 GuessMeByMyOpeningLine
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/4/2013 5:37:32 PM
I work with someone that met their SO here.
 Like2dance
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2013 6:31:41 AM
One could meet a future partner anywhere. Why not leave a line in the pond here?
 Smarts and Heart
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/10/2013 9:26:46 AM
Yes POF and other internet dating sites really do work! I met my fiance on Nov/2010 here on POF and we're getting married in August of this year. I'm 56 this year and he's 63.

My sister at age 43, my cousin at age 45, and my fiance's neice at age 28 also, all met their husbands online as well.

I think you'll find that more and more professionals are finding the internet a good place to meet. In talking about our experiences we all agreed that the hardest and easiest at the same time was finding the genuine ones. There are many disfunctional and delusional people here, as well as in real life, but one has to be sure of what they want and what they're realistically offering.

I knew what I was looking for and what I wasn't looking for. I wanted a good fit into a life I was happy with and that's what I got.

Don't look for someone to change your life or make it better. Do that yourself first. Be happy with who you are and where you are in life. If you're looking for Mr/Mrs Fix Me and my life, then success will be elusive.
 vbxtc
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2013 9:04:56 PM
Yes it can happen. My wife and I met on here in 2007. I'd been on here at that point for 3 years, two relationships and countless first meets. Just about ready to throw in the towel. Then I met her. Three years later we were married and it's still so far so good. :-)
 forums1
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/17/2013 1:42:17 PM

I love the expression 'happy as clams' !

How exactly do you tell a clam is happy? The way it smiles? Do they look really content after a nice dinner, a bottle of wine, and sex? Curious minds want to know.
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/17/2013 6:16:57 PM
Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
 sassyscorpiochick
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/18/2013 1:30:17 AM
We just celebrated 2 years, after meeting right here at POF. Things aren't perfect of course but we are both willing to keep working on our relationship. I think that's the important thing. Most of the time, we are very happy, and wish we had found each other years ago.

He's 62 and I am 60 and we both had too many first meets to count, but didn't want to give up on finding love. Online is the only way when you're homebodies like we are.
 L,A, Woman
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/2/2013 9:07:53 AM
Some people on for years, the sight will determine your start date, not you, so if you go off the sight the original start date is still there. Listen people can hide their profiles becuase they get in a relationship or just not go on this thing for months or years at a time. So, don't think just because a guy has been on for years that he is a loser. He may have young children he wants to devote time to or maybe he just does not want to get serious due to a bad divorce. Whatever the reason people are off and on here. I read sometime, trying again. So, they were busy living life. Don't judge just based on number of years. Find out about a person by asking quesions that are open-ended. So they cannot give you a yes or no answer. For example you could ask, "Why have you been on here for x number of years? " Then they can explain. Life is complicated when you have family you need to care for. It can be complicated when you have a significant other. No girlfriend/boyfriend is going to allow the other to talk on pof when committed. Period.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2013 3:59:11 PM
I met my wife online 10+ years ago - different site - and I was mid-40's at the time.

Expect things to take as long as they take, and if less than 2 years, you're probably doing very well (sometimes, you get lucky, like my wife - I was the first person she contacted, and she was my 900th+). It depends on how often you meet and date, how many, and how good you are at screening both online and in person, so the time it takes can vary a LOT.
 AtheistScholar
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/6/2013 5:41:45 PM
I met my boyfriend on POF a little over two years ago. He was 44 and I had just turned 36 when we met. We connected for the same reason many here complain supposedly turns off others: we were both single parents, in mid-life, didn't want any more children, didn't care about money only good intentions. He was never married and had seven freaking kids! I was twice divorced and had two. We were both laden with baggage and had been terribly wounded and bankrupted by the parents of our children.

There is someone for everyone, so long as people are willing to compromise. I'm mighty glad I didn't let myself get scared off by his kids, no marriage history, age gap or financial situation because together we fixed so many things and he treats me like no man has ever done before. I get back rubs, kisses, cuddles and poetic words nightly. We got a couple of the kids graduated and off to college (there's only four left in the nest), we are digging each other out of debt, both our exes learned not to cause drama, the kids adore us and benefit greatly off our different parenting styles.

For once we both have normal, supportive, loving partners and parents for these children.

He wants to get married as soon as we are out of debt. I however, after being burned twice, won't be tying the knot again without a HUGE amount of time elapsing (I stated ten years, when my youngest is 18 so in the mean while if anything happens I can ensure my boy gets the totality of my social security).

I really think most dating woes is because people don't take a chance based on shallow reasons (usually looks) and yet will hang on forever to jerks just because of their attraction.
 curviest
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2013 8:28:12 AM
Yes a man I met on here has just got married to a woman he met on POF. He is 60, she is 50.

They emailed and phoned from about July to October, met in October, spent a month together and married in November.

So, yes, it can happen.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/12/2013 8:06:36 PM
I have a growing, loving relationship with an amazing man. I finally found a fit, athletic and intelligent man with a great sense of humor who treats me with love, respect and kindness. He also loves hiking.

Together each weekend we have been hiking increasingly steep and long trails, to train for our September backpacking trip to the Enchantment Lakes (8,000 feet) in Washington State. We will gain 6,000 feet in elevation over 10 miles. Most people don't make it. We are lucky to have scored overnight camping permits at Snow Lakes for two nights.

Instead of b!tching and moaning about turning 60 in September, I will celebrate and mark 40 years of passionate hiking with our backpacking hike to the Enchantment Lakes. I have always wanted to go there. I'm thrilled.
 timeforall
Msg: 119
Posted: 7/13/2013 6:51:07 AM
But can he cook? Lol
 timeforall
Msg: 120
Posted: 7/13/2013 10:25:36 AM

I know of one couple who met and married after meeting online. I think online is a great way to get back into the dating scene after a divorce or death. It's not the best but works. I like in real life better.

Agree. Online is so ubiquitous that it is likely a huge number of people are first meeting online.
 phil7613
Msg: 122
Posted: 7/14/2013 10:04:11 PM
Hey ! that reminds me , I've heard say that a couple should buy and live in their own home together so it's neither his or hers, it's theirs .
 cchesca
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2013 3:05:14 PM
I once met a really nice man on POF. We would talk for hours on the phone before meeting and once we met, we had great chemistry. We are not together now, but I have NO regrets. We both had a wonderful time just being together.

Is there happy ever after when you are over 45?.....YES....It may not be forever, but you can certainly be happy even if it is only for a short time.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2013 6:47:51 PM

I've heard say that a couple should buy and live in their own home together so it's neither his or hers, it's theirs .

that friend i mentioned back on page 3 of this thread lives with her second husband in the home that she bought with her first husband. however, her marriage did fall apart within a few months of her moving into that house, so it's not like she has "memories" to exorcize!

LOL!

plus, Husband 2 has helped her do so much work on the place that it really is *theirs*!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >