Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wonder5750
Msg: 8
view profile
History
California in trouble? Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^^^^ voices of reason! :)
 Wonder5750
Msg: 12
view profile
History
California in trouble?
Posted: 4/23/2012 8:22:59 AM
^^^Yes.. to me it is. That is the problem with the liberal agenda, they still think you can pick up a turd by the clean end
 Wonder5750
Msg: 16
view profile
History
California in trouble?
Posted: 4/23/2012 5:06:28 PM

Wow...opposed to the conservative turds that think women should hold an aspirin between their knees and stay in their place, the kitchen? There's just no joy in this world when everything is a stereotype.

I am pretty sure that went out with the 50's. I am a conservative and I never heald an asprin between my knees. Last I heard that won't fix a hangover.. lol
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 20
California in trouble?
Posted: 4/24/2012 8:49:30 AM

Wow...opposed to the conservative turds that think women should hold an aspirin between their knees and stay in their place, the kitchen? There's just no joy in this world when everything is a stereotype.

I am pretty sure that went out with the 50's. I am a conservative and I never heald an asprin between my knees. Last I heard that won't fix a hangover.. lol

Wont fix a hangover or prevent pregnancy but will get you that much closer to an ulcer and liver failure! (haha thats my jab for legalizing mari j)
 Wonder5750
Msg: 24
view profile
History
California in trouble?
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:10:04 PM

Well Paul, if all you had to worry about was how much more lettuce costs, I guess you could get away with your logic.

The problem is tht nearly all farm and processing work is done by illegals these days, so the increase in price would cover everything from lettuce, to potatoes, to grains, to meat and poultry. I think 10% price increase across the board is being optimistic, and considering the ever increasing prices in the commodities market, we're probably not going to come out with any savings on the whole. Then the taxpayer has to try to convince politician of either party to "return" or decrease taxes once they are in place...highly unlikely.

But dream on.

I am a rice farmer.. there is no freeken way I can or would hire illegals. We have spot checks, have to provide services for our employees, ...everyone and I mean everyone has a SS number and they are living here. Its not as easy to hire folks you can't write off anymore. My bottom line is less, but so are my taxes. It works out to my advantage to hire US citizens. That arguement is almost as tired as the keeping the aspirn between the knees deal. Times have changed, there is no reason to give money away anymore. We really gotta stop doing it or this state and this country will fail. Why can't people see this?
 Wonder5750
Msg: 26
view profile
History
California in trouble?
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:35:31 AM

So you're saying that times have changed because we have stopped being so wasteful? Or are you saying that they are forcing you to be less so?

Great. I hope farmers do start actually hiring more Americans, what took them so long?

You are so snarky... why? You are the liberal prototype. You want to win an argument at all costs, doesn't matter who you hurt or what you say, you just HAVE to be right. I have seen you debate rather well...but this time you are really getting childish. California is going in the crapper, and not once have you said anything positive about what could be done to help the situation, you just point fingers and lay blame....and when someone does say something positive you attack. I am not one to lump folks all together, but i wonder if other liberals think like you do too.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 27
view profile
History
California in trouble?
Posted: 4/26/2012 3:26:27 PM
3 defense posts in a row, and not one logical comment. Well this is the good old USA and you do have a right to your opinion. Have at it. I wish you peace.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 29
view profile
History
California in trouble?
Posted: 5/8/2012 8:16:38 AM
^^^ I hear ya, I have been around a bit too, and there is no place better in my mind. :)
 matchlight
Msg: 30
view profile
History
California in trouble?
Posted: 5/8/2012 3:19:30 PM
I was born and grew up in L.A., and I've seen a lot of this fantastic state--beaches, deserts, volcanic craters, missions, canyons, hot springs, old mines, ghost towns, missile sites, orchards, vineyards, mountains, waterfalls, forests, 4,000-year-old pines growing at 12,000 feet in the middle of nowhere. And all the interesting towns and cities from one end to the other.

It's still quite a place, but it's been ruined in some ways. It's consistently rated among the most unfriendly states in the country for businesses. In the Fifties and Sixties, California's roads, schools, hospitals, agriculture, and universities were the pride of the country. Now we're average or worse, we're going broke, and there seems to be no way to turn that around. The standard of living has slowly declined here, and I think we can expect it to keep slipping even further.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 31
view profile
History
California in trouble?
Posted: 5/8/2012 4:53:32 PM
^^^ maybe folks will start leaving so we can clean up the mess and make this state the ****en place it once was. :)
 Wonder5750
Msg: 32
view profile
History
California in trouble?
Posted: 5/9/2012 8:17:36 PM

Hey Wonder, I can't help but wonder if you are native american

Cherokee and Hungarian... just a wee bit confused, but still having fun with it lol
 3NINE
Msg: 33
California in trouble?
Posted: 5/11/2012 8:21:34 PM

The standard of living has slowly declined here, and I think we can expect it to keep slipping even further.
That's right Match (How are things by the way? Jack Diamond here from Nebraska, hope all is well) And the reason States like California, and the Country are declining, is because of the progressive movement in this Country. The liberals in Cali, killed Cali, and it's that politically correct, low morality, less opportunity and more nanny state mentality that is ruining us.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Does not mean everything is equal, we are all not equal, and the more this fair share, Collective Salvation, Collective Bargaining, Class Warfare crap continues, the more unequal things become. Equal pay for one example is a silly notion. If people are not the same, if they are not equal, than why should they be paid equally. Why doesn't all the Lakers get paid as much as Kobe? They all play, they all put on their uniforms and show up. But that the thing, Kobe demands more, by his ability, his talent, his gifts. People are not equal, but where someone might have talent in one field, someone else is more talented in another.

This is why Cali is going astray, they spend too much time and energy trying to create this Utopian Progressive world of collectiveness and a fair share. Employees who think they are equal to their employer. A Middle Class who believe they should have the same as those who are successful and wealthy, without earning it themselves. We do have the pursuit of Happiness, but not all door of opportunity are going to open equally for all people. I'm not ever going to be the MVP of the NBA. But there are doors that can open for me, that will not for others, It's the same with everyone.

I still think it's the best state to live in...actually one of the best places in the world to live in....and the price of being able to do so to me is worth every penny. It's expensive here because it's in demand.

Hi Thinking... Long time, I really hope all is well.

I felt blessed to live in Laguna Beach and Southern Cal, being born in LA, I'll always be a Cali guy, still a big SC football and Laker fan.

Like you say, Cali is in Demand, people want to live there, and it does create some of the expense. But honestly, it's the way the state is being run, that is killing it.

There are too many laws and regulations, taxing to pay for the illegal population and keeping up with the political correctness. Just for some examples, the list is long. Charity is not a government mandate, taxes are not charity, it's taking from some, with the idea you can tell others how they should live, and controlling there lives. A hand out does not help one out of poverty, it keeps them there. Charity is an individual giving, from the heart, as a citizen within a community, we all care about others, how we help others is the debate. Cali's policies of progressive collective salvation is an anchor on the Opportunity of the individual, and as long as that politically correct crap keeps pushing it's agenda, Cali will crash, just like those on the other side of the pond.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 34
California in trouble?
Posted: 7/11/2012 11:08:12 AM
So,,,, It was Stockton,,, and today San Bernardino declares bankruptcy.
Is anybody taking notice?
 Wonder5750
Msg: 36
view profile
History
California in trouble?
Posted: 7/11/2012 6:26:37 PM
^^^ I would think that is a conservative number actually.
 matchlight
Msg: 37
view profile
History
California in trouble?
Posted: 7/11/2012 6:28:43 PM
^^^^So do I. I'm sure the total cost is much more than that. At $11,000 a head, it would cost 11 billion a year just to educate one million children of illegal aliens in public schools. And there are probably at least that many, although when they can't be asked, it's hard to know the exact number.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 39
California in trouble?
Posted: 7/12/2012 10:38:54 AM
^^^^^^
No, I wouldn't take that bet.
Just "one" small example: We have wonderful police and fire networks, but did you know that when fire engines roll out, they are going to a fire only 2% of the incidents? Do you know why that is so? One reason, union contracts require X number of personnel be called out on every situation, doesn't matter if it's a cat up a tree, a 911 call, or an actual fire.
Come to think of it, I keep hearing that phrase a lot these days, "union contract" . I wonder who will pay those contracts when there's nothing in the checkbook, like right now in Dan Berdoo.
 matchlight
Msg: 40
view profile
History
California in trouble?
Posted: 7/12/2012 10:59:46 AM
Even FDR, the Great Liberal, was against unions for government employees. They've done an enormous amount of damage to this country. Let's hope that the failure of the recall effort in Wisconsin really was the high water mark for public employee unions--and that it's not too late already.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 41
view profile
History
California in trouble?
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:18:25 PM
One of the reasons fire trucks roll on non fire calls, is to be a baracade for those working along side the road... as a protection of sorts. there are other reasons too.. but that is the most used.
Show ALL Forums  > California  >