Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do You Ever Size Up the Competition?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sunshinelady555
Msg: 26
Do You Ever Size Up the Competition?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I did not read any profiles but I did look at my age group , who was in my City .
There were None in my City. I live in a rural area compared to many. lol
However, I usually meet older men who do not mind traveling.
 PamiOakley
Msg: 27
Do You Ever Size Up the Competition?
Posted: 4/23/2012 4:22:50 PM

I think that when the OP used the phrase "sizing up the competition" it was used in a humorous manner. That's how I took and responded to it as such.

Thanks Mae! And, everyone. Great responses.
 robin-hood
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 4:59:38 PM
Can't really say I check the competition, but I do check profiles of those in the forums. I like to get info of where they live, age, and other info that lends perspective to their post. This applies equally to male/female posts.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/23/2012 6:34:40 PM
^^ I also check out profiles often of forum posters, male and female. Just because it's interesting.
Probably a lot of us do.
 PamiOakley
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/23/2012 6:43:43 PM
^^ I probably check more forum profiles than profiles of men in my area!

Lately... it's been far more interesting here than there. :)
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/23/2012 6:54:46 PM
I probably check more forum profiles than profiles of men in my area

I do too and like Pami says...far more interesting males here than there. And it's a plus in that it tends to give one an opportunity to get to know some of the fishies based on what they post.

...mae
 chrylann
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 7:18:44 PM
I need to do that. And start tonight.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/24/2012 10:51:06 PM
Not so much to size them up but to steal ideas. It is fun to see how much work women put into their profiles compared to men.

I wonder how much response a woman would get if she listed hunting, fishing and anything outdoors as her interests and posted a pic of herself in a dirty t-shirt holding a beer with unwashed laundry on the floor behind her? Men in my area seem to think doing that is dead sexy. LOL!!!
 ohenryx
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:33:04 AM

1388SmartBlonde:
I wonder how much response a woman would get if she listed hunting, fishing and anything outdoors as her interests and posted a pic of herself in a dirty t-shirt holding a beer with unwashed laundry on the floor behind her?

Depends entirely on how attractive she is.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:36:13 AM
No, I've not done this. I've never looked at anyone else here as competition.
Even if I met or saw some of the "competition", not sure what I'd do about it.
It's not likely I'll change who I am.

I do, however, check out a lot of the forum posters. Sometimes because I like
what they say, other times because I can't believe what they say.
 hart4777
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:25:00 PM
1388SmartBlonde:

I wonder how much response a woman would get if she listed hunting, fishing and anything outdoors as her interests and posted a pic of herself in a dirty t-shirt holding a beer with unwashed laundry on the floor behind her?

Effing LOL!
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:16:36 AM
You are right, zunflower. I couldn't agree more.

Some wise person once told me that you cannot "be involved in a tug of war" (which is what I see competiton as), if you let go of your end of the rope.

Good advice.
 c_deacon
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2012 10:21:26 AM
I let the competition take the time and look around, while I just enjoy the forums and spend my time with those I prefer to know.

What purpose would it serve to check out what males are contacting what females, when our time could be much better spent on ourselves and how we handle life, dating, and meeting others? I only go where invited, I do not hit on many hoping to get one or two, and life is just to damn short to sweat the small stuff......you either enjoy me, and want to know me or not.

cd
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/26/2012 11:30:03 AM

1388SmartBlonde:

Depends entirely on how attractive she is.

Haha...I knew somebody was going to say that....

I do, however, check out a lot of the forum posters. Sometimes because I like
what they say, other times because I can't believe what they say.

Forums are the best part of this site....entertainment at it's finest..lol

...mae
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/26/2012 10:50:28 PM
Mae,
I so agree with you...bwhahahahahaha!!
 whatagirlwants12
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/29/2012 5:20:10 PM
Hard to compete with an original, I say.
Someone is always going to be smarter, prettier, more successful...ect but no one can be better at being me than me.....so no, I don't size anyone up...
 PamiOakley
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/29/2012 7:08:31 PM

I do check out other forum posters, like many have said. Too bad so many live so far away...........a few long distance crushes, I dare say......

Nods. One of my favorite emails was from a man who said to me "Why do all the good ones live so far away." We bantered back and forth for quite awhile very easily even though we both knew there was no chance of a relationship. Perhaps it was so easy BECAUSE there was no chance of a relationship!
 DumchikBrewsky
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2012 7:33:36 PM
Nah. Too depressing.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/30/2012 12:47:50 PM

Perhaps it was so easy BECAUSE there was no chance of a relationship!

I've heard the words NO chance spoken before only to find out they were wrong. I'll go along with little chance though. : )
 Jamie95622
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/30/2012 5:09:36 PM
never occurred to me either,,seems like a self esteem issue which is much more prevalent in woman as i think this thread proves ,,,,most of the people who say they have appear to be women,,,but isn't that just a microcosm of the female existence? constantly comparing yourself to other women? always worried and focused on the superficial aspect ?

what am i going to learn from some other guy?? how to be him? why would i even care what other guys are saying?

as someone else said,,,most guys are just walking boners anyways so what is going to be learned by reading there grunting filled profiles?......you forget...i am not going to fall for there transparent bullshit so it is of no value to me,,i am just going to assume they wrote a bunch of stuff THEY THINK YOU WANT TO HEAR.....and none of it will be genuine..

how my doin so far? i have never read a man's profile for any other reason than the profile review thread...

ladies,,,stop comparing! try working on being an interesting individual and focus less on being one of the pack by comparing profiles,,,,,and here is another hint,,,,,,,for the most part,,,all your profiles read pretty much the same,,,so ,,,just read your own 10.000 times and you will know exactly what every other woman is writing...

here,,,here is every woman's profile on pof,,,,,this will save you alot of time and effort and no need to thank me!

my friends say i am_____(this one is mostly do to having no concept of who you are and requiring others to do it for you,,i guess?) a loyal friend, a great mom, and am fun to be around.my kids come first,,I like most types of music,I am not here looking JUST for sex(no kidding!) i enjoy, Travel, helping others, exercise, wine tastings, cooking, movies, dancing, live music,riding(horses or bikes), trying new restaurants, hiking, beach, barbequing, family, friends,anything to do with water, being outdoors and living a full life(according to whom?)

there ya go,,there are variations and small differences of course,,but not as many as you would like to think there are,,trust me!
 PamiOakley
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/30/2012 6:20:43 PM

there ya go,,there are variations and small differences of course,,but not as many as you would like to think there are,,trust me!

blinks... blinks again. All I can say is WOW
 statemachine500
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/30/2012 7:01:56 PM

never occurred to me either,,seems like a self esteem issue which is much more prevalent in woman as i think this thread proves ,,,,most of the people who say they have appear to be women,,,but isn't that just a microcosm of the female existence? constantly comparing yourself to other women? always worried and focused on the superficial aspect ?

what am i going to learn from some other guy?? how to be him? why would i even care what other guys are saying?

as someone else said,,,most guys are just walking boners anyways so what is going to be learned by reading there grunting filled profiles?......you forget...i am not going to fall for there transparent bullshit so it is of no value to me,,i am just going to assume they wrote a bunch of stuff THEY THINK YOU WANT TO HEAR.....and none of it will be genuine..

how my doin so far? i have never read a man's profile for any other reason than the profile review thread...

ladies,,,stop comparing! try working on being an interesting individual and focus less on being one of the pack by comparing profiles,,,,,and here is another hint,,,,,,,for the most part,,,all your profiles read pretty much the same,,,so ,,,just read your own 10.000 times and you will know exactly what every other woman is writing...

here,,,here is every woman's profile on pof,,,,,this will save you alot of time and effort and no need to thank me!

my friends say i am_____(this one is mostly do to having no concept of who you are and requiring others to do it for you,,i guess?) a loyal friend, a great mom, and am fun to be around.my kids come first,,I like most types of music,I am not here looking JUST for sex(no kidding!) i enjoy, Travel, helping others, exercise, wine tastings, cooking, movies, dancing, live music,riding(horses or bikes), trying new restaurants, hiking, beach, barbequing, family, friends,anything to do with water, being outdoors and living a full life(according to whom?)

This was quite enlightening.

I've read a huge number of profiles,male and female.Gives you some perspective.What people feel is normal,average etc.What the usual fibs might be.
 Karmelle55
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/2/2012 8:17:48 PM
You're smart! I am going to try that, lol! Thanks for the tip!

Good luck--Karmelle55
 Karmelle55
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/2/2012 8:20:11 PM
you are so right. I noticed most guys are "perfect" in their profiles. I guess we "sound" the same.
 Sissy2U
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2012 6:30:47 PM
OMG- some of these ladies are gorgeous- depressing to think about it. And some of them are delusional- a few extra pounds???? Makes it harder for those of us who are honest!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do You Ever Size Up the Competition?