Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Help..No clue what im doing wrong      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JSNC7
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Help..No clue what im doing wrongPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
" It seems that im always messaging people but no one responds.. i dont think im that weird or creepy but yet... no one talks OR i get the guys who want me to go to them but then i get no call/text back.. its been 2 years im sooo rusty its not funny but i thought i would be ok? help. "

You have great eyes, and a nice smile . I would take an up close picture that further highlights them.

Restaurant sounds better than listing Fast Food as your occupation : ) Either way, you are being truthful.

You wrote, "Do not ask me for a pic of my boobs..what you see is what you get till i know you better... i think its highly creepy and greatly disturbing."

I agree that asking a woman for a picture, for that reason only, is disrespectful. Men Do want to know what your figure looks like, just as you probably want to know about their's. When you use phrases such as ..it's highly creepy, and greatly disturbing, you are making their statement to be more about YOUR reaction, than their bad manners.
You could always say that you like men who respect women. The above quoted statement that you made doesn't make you seem approachable, or easy going. It's a statement that shows the opposite.

You want to be viewed as balanced, and not a potential Drama Queen. : ) Your choice of words also shows that that becoming greatly disturbed, might be the way that you deal with things that you don't like. Mention that you like stability, instead of your negative statement about guys that dissapear.

If you are competitive when playing video games, then mention it. Some men find that very appealing, and stating that you are competitive, might create additional closeness and mutual desire.

Mention humor, and show your's : ) I've had some great responses to my profile, because I did this.

Remember, when someone shows disrespect to you, it's about THEM, and not you. Don't go making statements where many people would conclude that your are severely over reacting.

Two wrongs don't make a right : ) But they can create a very toxic situation.

One last mention.. Wrathie, could imply WRATH.. and you are a Scorpio. Of course, not all Scorpios have anger issues. You might want to think about how your profile, and your responses may be open to interpretation. Try to see things thru the eyes of a man who might be interested in you.

I hope that this helps!
 JSNC7
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Help..No clue what im doing wrong
Posted: 4/22/2012 10:30:05 AM
" If it is the truth, then you are advising her to be "less than honest". I always say, lie! Lying works."

The OP stated that she is more than upset with men who ask for pictures that show her breasts. So according to your Pretzel logic, she SHOULD send , or not send that type of picture, but either way, she should clearly STATE the measurements of said body parts ?

If someone states on POF.. I have a car, are they being less than honest, because, in the confines of that one statement alone, they have a CHEVY, and not a Cadillac ?

The OP works in a Restaurant, as any Restaurant Inspector will tell you.
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2012 12:20:08 PM
I agree with those who said take this to profile review...

as a woman on here who lists herself as a BBW.... I am rarely at a loss for notes in my inbox... so I don't agree that it is a BBW thing... there are days that I can't keep up with the notes... so I always say it is an attitude thing....
 onehappyfellow
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2012 12:31:03 PM
I would never reply to your ad if you were a beautiful as Helen of Troy or Cleopatra.

Don't classify me as a pet hater, I always have dog treats with me - but any profile with a pet gets an automatic by from me.
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2012 4:30:12 PM
NutritionNerd... unless she hit on you... there is no reason for you to be saying you aren't attracted to her... you are 15 years older than her... I hope she isn't in your dating pool....

and oh yea... she has a pretty face.... no clue what you are eluding to otherwise.... you weren't trying to be an a$$ but you succeeded anyway....
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2012 4:41:50 PM
lol@Pittsburgh.... love it.... and if being skinny attracts the likes of him.... well... I am sure she is happily single....

@nutrition... there is no hyjack going on... and I have no problems meeting people.... funny how that works.... but glad to see she doesn't need to waste her time sending you a message....

JSNC7
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2012 4:53:57 PM
Nutrition, you COULD say that your preference is that you would only date people who appear to be healthy, and that Obesity is not being healthy, because FACTUALLY, Obesity is linked to MANY diseases known to Mankind. And be sure to Quote your sources.

The OP is 24 years old. There are no laws that state that a consenting man who is 13 years older, can not date a 24 year old, consenting, single woman. And there are no laws that state he has to be attracted to the OP, or anyone he sees as unfit for his preference.
 JSNC7
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2012 6:15:09 PM
" OP your post did not ask for a rating of your body image,.. "

The OP stated "help."

There are more tasteful, and effective ways to say that someone is not attracted to someone else
 Wrathie
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/22/2012 7:07:21 PM
Holy cow ty for the mean comments... remind me to not come here for help again
 JSNC7
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 6:06:05 AM
" I have redone my profile a few times now and I still get the same types of things you do. You are not the only one. I just think men are too pick now a days. I have no clue what I am doing wrong as well. If someone can figure it out please let me know as well. "

Since you asked:

You mentioned the word ' I ' , at least 11 times in your brief profile. Asking some questions would make you appear to be more interested in others.

You have a nice figure; Why not show it without covering it up?

Your age range that you will accept is very narrow. It's been often said that women are more mature than men of the same age. You are probably more mature than some men in that group.

Using some humor in your profile, will likely get you more quality replies. It has DEFINITELY worked for me.

I wish you the very best!
 JSNC7
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 1:06:54 PM
" I would love to know how many bigger women get so many messages I dont seem to get one."

You appear to be a smart, attractive, sensible woman.

I can't comment on other men's tastes, but when I was your age, I would have been interested in your profile... except that I lived 5 hours south of you. I say that because I like and get along especially well with many Cancer Women. When I was 35, I almost Married one : )

I wish you the best on your upcoming business venture!
 JSNC7
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 3:09:16 AM
" Rather than start a new thread this is close enough to my Q. Is it just me...."

"I am, according to most that know me a pretty decent sort. EVERY guy mate I have is envious of my physic. "

To answer your question:

You mentioned your physique both here, and in your profile. And you have pictures that give detail. Isn't it obvious that you need to call attention to your body ? Do you stop and comment on your shape, at every mirror that's lucky enough to reflect your Adonis Sculpture ? Do you think that women miss the obvious that you repeatedly announce ? I think that there's more where that came from.

Maybe women can't see themselves in your eyes, because you can only see yourself in their mirror.

"Gentlemen, start your egos" Billy Crystal
 JSNC7
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:55:05 PM
"As for JSNC7,
Yes I did mention my physic, SO WHAT? I also mentioned other qualities as well. But u make no mention of them. And what a hypocrit u r. You like every one else on this site WILL NOT even email some one without a photo and probably even say so. So clearly u NEED to know what we look like. But without even knowing me I become an ego maniac for daring to to mention so.
Oh, and I "have pics that give detail". Lol. I hav 1 maybe 2 pics, which r both shockers, as I HATE my picture being taken and I am fully clothed.
U r clearly a scared and bitter from your own marriage short comings and using this site to blame all men."

" U r clearly a scared and bitter.." That's an old Political Type Trick used to cast diversion on someone else, to make it about anyone else but the originator. Nice Try.

You make grand sweeping assumptions, based on.. let me guess.. emotions ?

Fact, I never stated that I would not respond to a woman's profile without a picture.

Fact, you know absolutely nothing about my Marriage Experience. I am neither scared nor bitter, Nor am I impressed with your physique. I wasn't impressed with Ah nold's either.

Don't ask questions, if you aren't prepared for the answers.

I said that you give detail. I know what a clothed male chest looks like. I own one.

Fact, you stated, "Rather than start a new thread this is close enough to my Q."

Fact, this post was started by a 24 year old woman. You jumped into someone else's thread and asked for advice. Little girls sometimes do this in someone else's jump rope game.

You need attention. a LOT of attention. You asked for advice, and you got it. I think that whjen you don't get attention to your liking, you like being the victim. Seems to me that women see right thru you. Maybe it's the mirror, you need to be sharing a good talk, and wet handkerchief with .

Cry me a river because your fragile ego can't handle the lack of more praise for your physique, Macho, Macho Man.

SOME people with big cars, big houses, and big Gym built physiques, are over compensating for something. Could that apply to you ?
 tensail
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:52:52 PM
its nrmal- i only get bout 30-35 % replies, many non genuine people out ver.
 tensail
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:55:21 PM
well lioness- vis is v = time, so u slack females beter start taking responsability n start being proactive n search 4 men or vely b no babies ina decade.
 platypus_man
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:42:49 AM

It seems that im always messaging people but no one responds.. i dont think im that weird or creepy but yet... no one talks OR i get the guys who want me to go to them but then i get no call/text back.

Welcome to the social life single men live with every day. You're just fighting the same uphill battle that all other BBW have to deal with, and instead calling it 'a few extra pounds' won't change anything. A few extra pounds is 10 pounds overweight.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Help..No clue what im doing wrong