Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DGman30
Msg: 82
view profile
History
How are you finding this site for dates?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
i think it is shite , there is a lot of shallow women on this site. That block u for no reason, after only talking to them once or for wks & then just block u for no reason.
 DUBGAL31
Msg: 84
view profile
History
How are you finding this site for dates?
Posted: 3/9/2013 5:24:15 AM
I agree daenerys Bar! :)
 DGman30
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2013 9:27:04 AM
I agree as well but its mostly the feckers thats send abusive &other stupid like msgs. that has the rest of the men screwed,the Genuine guys then lose out, even if we do what u are saying .
 sweetman42
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/12/2013 4:05:23 AM

i agree Tar im here long time and nothing good about this site and yes i dont understand why they put up "Are they any decent men on this" isnt working for them as i have mailed them and nothing i say they are wasting time here.As for my profile i dont know what im doing wrong and im camera shy.
Your profile is great how is that going for yourself?
 Luthion
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2013 4:38:19 AM
The "genuine guys" are not "losing out" because of ***holes.

Contrary to popular belief, women do not like abusively obnoxious jerks that treat them like crap. They like men with backbone, capable of treating them as equals, but still able to talk for themselves. If they want someone to unconditionally pine after them, they'll have children. Women can smell misogyny a mile off.

In the last year on here I've managed to net myself 4 dates... and more importantly, 4 new friends. One woman a few years ago I ended up dating for nearly three years. I'm one or the most genuine and honest people you'll ever meet. I'm not much of a looker either, so it definitely isn't my looks doing it.

I think a lot or people just message whoever they can find, and hope that being nice will be enough to build a connection. It isn't. You need to find someone that shares common interests with you. You need to ask them about those common interests. If they're interested, they'll reciprocate the feelings.

Just glancing through half these profiles, most of you say barely anything about who you are or what kind of person you want to meet.

If you don't even know what you're looking for, how can you find it?
 DGman30
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 1:17:59 PM

It seems that the general view is the site is nothing but a waste of time . Catfish comes to mind . I've been on and off and read a lot of what has been written about so called people who meet and fall in love and get married , thats like vodafone telling you that you have free txts for a month , you'll use them until they run out . It's sad because all the idiots on here pretending to be some they are quiet clearly not ruin it for those who are genuine . Looks like the online world is no different to the so called real world .

Yes ur def right there. Loads of people pretending they are single & looking for someone when they are actually not & only messing & totally different from their profile.
 MissElection
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2013 4:39:12 PM
just after coming from a date..... date 3 never kissed.... dates one and two got kissed on cheek but date 3 nothing.... just awkwardly walked away from me... saying yeah that was fun..... ill text you during week.......

left feeling like a complete eejit.... he prob feels the same on some level.......

i just hate this feeling of awkwardness..... and want to know why was it weird!?

can i ask him..... or is it best to leave it be?!

im confused by dating........
 MyGoodness39
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:22:37 AM
Sorry to hear that Miss Election. It sounds awkward all right. I would leave it and move on..
 Luthion
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:57:33 AM
Ask them at least once. Communication goes a long way. If they don't respond then, leave it be.

I think a lot of people underappreciate how much common interest helps with dating. Otherwise you're left with nothing but charm and good looks. I always try to find people that I know I can sit down and have a good conversation with before I even consider the possibility of a date.
 DGman30
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2013 1:27:50 PM
Sorry if i seem Rude but ya this site is Shit for dates or anything like that. Why do ladies say they are Single when they are Not!! The lady i was seeing for over two months i just found out was not single @ all & seeing some one Else!!.They are the women then looking for genuine men..No wonder some men are like what we are. I know there is someGenuine women too.
 DGman30
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2013 1:47:10 PM
how about drama Central!! this place is !!!
 Luthion
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2013 4:50:29 AM
As a self-professed freak, I offer my apologies to you personally for "ruining" it for everyone else, peasgus. =P

I've longed since come to the realisation that "freaks" is basically a euphemism for "people with actual personality".
 MissElection
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2013 3:03:27 PM
ha ha ha i have just found this site..... hilarious....not sure if i could post in it, but maybe some people around here would like to

http://www.pofreaks.com/index.php
 ShireChick
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2016 7:00:44 AM
I have been on this site for nearly a year...I've had a lot of conversations and more than a few dates. Here are my thoughts...

I have more success if I don't make the first contact. Sad but true. Best I let men come to me...if I contact a man first it always goes sour after a few messages. Every guy I contacted first then dated was a disaster. One man I contacted...well, online we seemed like a good match. In person we couldn't stand each other. The date consisted of a walk and by the end of it we were both trying to figure out how to get away. Should have chatted longer online.

Regarding contacting a woman and never hearing back...

If a man contacts me, I read his profile to decide if there's anything there. I used to respond to everyone...that is a huge mistake. By responding to be polite I ended up with men I would never go out with but could tell by their messages that they were becoming attached. Then comes the awkward moment of explaining that the sparks he sees are purely in his imagination. Hurt feelings ensue...and I am not about hurting people's feelings. Better I just choose to speak with the people that , for whatever reason, strike a chord with me.

And that doesn't necessarily have to do with looks.

I have spoken to men I found physically attractive only to find out that they can't hold a conversation; have no sense of humor; are very vain; are portfolio conscious; hate cats; had the IQ of a turtle; any or all of the above; ad infinitum ad nauseam. I have spoken to other men who, while his profile picture didn't attract me, I stayed with the conversation because his personality did. Looks are not enough. Good looking and boring is still boring.

I was having a pleasant enough conversation with a guy last week...he sent a lot of messages and I didn't keep up; not because I wasn't interested but because I work odd hours and sometimes don't get online for a day or two. After sending me four or five consecutive messages in a day and a half he messaged that this wasn't going anywhere. Not true...I just have a life outside of this little box, as should he. One mistake I think people make on these sites is taking everything so damned personally. There are a million reasons why you might not hear back. Recast your line.

And don't limit yourself...

I talk to men from all over the world. If I met the right one, distance wouldn't be a factor; I'm not bound to the Shire. It may just be that the fish you seek is swimming in a different pond.

Finally, don't put so much pressure on it. Relax. Have a conversation for conversation's sake. It's a lot easier to talk to someone if you don't have the idea, after a week or a month, that he's making out the invitation list to the wedding. The frontrunners for my affection...there are a few guys I've been chatting with for months, sometimes online, sometimes by phone. We've moved past the dating site even though we haven't actually met yet. Whether or not anything comes of it, we're friends for life.

We live in a world of instant gratification but there's an old axiom that I think applies; marry in haste, repent at leisure. Just try to enjoy yourself. As my mom always said, love tends to find you when you aren't even looking.

Peace.
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  >