Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Gipsy tart makes you fart!!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I used to love school dinners !, me and my two mates, would be in the kitchens washing up for the dinner ladies, whilst everyone else were having dinner...we`d go in last, and have loads of afters hahaha.... who says guys can`t be creative hmmm ? :O)
 vlad dracul
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Gipsy tart makes you fart!!
Posted: 4/24/2012 12:06:48 AM
caramel flan and custard (as you can see from my photies i REALLY enjoyed it)

it was the business though

oh and apple charlotte as well.

the main courses were jeremy kyle though
 ibakecakes
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 8:07:47 AM
I must admit that, to this day, 'I'm not a big milk lover, maybe due to the fact that at primary school, we had milk every break time and every day, no matter the weather, it was stood on the radiators.........and therefore always slightly on the turn by the time we drank it (bleurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Interesting to see the difference these days. All 3 of my children have great school dinners, very varied and really unusual things on too, plus my eldest hs loads of options at high school, salad bar, jacket potatoes etc etc
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 8:56:11 AM
I used to love the stuff that the dinner ladies labeled as Goulash. I have tried out numerous recipes for Goulash and can't get anything close to what they produced - methinks they used a lot of poetic licence in their descriptions :o(

OMG I remember getting the little 1/3 bottles of milk at school that had been sitting in the sun. I'm pretty sure it was stopped while I was still at school, thank god. I rarely drink milk now unless it is icey cold.
 Tayfire
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 10:23:29 AM
I do remember at primary school getting small cylinders of ice cream wrapped in greasproof paper and you used to get this with the custard also.LoL. Also having to take turns to get the crates of the small bottles of milk.
 jaqi
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 10:45:36 AM
OP I remember this school dessert really well and can almost taste is when thinking about it! I used to love it so much and like you have never been able to find the recipe. It was a pastry base and the filling was a dark magnolia colour (strange way to describe it I know) The texture was cheesecake like but I can't describe the taste ... how odd, yet like I said I can almost taste it when I think of it!

Unfortunately if I ever got a piece put in front of me now I wouldn't eat it as I am wheat gluten and dairy free ... hey ho ... dreaming x
 jaqi
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 12:48:14 PM
That recipe sounds right and I am from Kent.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2013 5:48:36 PM
What an absolutely delightful thread this has been to read. I lived almost next door to my school so always went home for dinner. I used to wonder at the stories of spam fritters and pink puds. So on my very last day ever at school i bought my dinner token with the rest and went in. The smell of boiled cabbage hit me as soon as i walked in the dining room. And I couldn't believe my eyes when a pal put her fork into the spam fritter. A stream of clear fluid fountained out almost splattering her in the face. I was told this was normal and was the liberated fat from said fritter. Yuk. . . Thank you to everyone who has told the similar tail of my primary school milk. I hated it that much eventually my mum was allowed to write a note to exclude me being force fed the vile stuff. I hate it to this day. Hope the birds got mine x
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >