Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How would you retaliate when cheated on?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Asazon21
Msg: 51
How would you retaliate when cheated on?Page 3 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
I would of done exactly what you did. Somebody needed to shut that **stard down, and she deserved what she got for cheating on you.
 nitemonger
Msg: 52
How would you retaliate when cheated on?
Posted: 4/28/2012 9:51:49 PM
you want to reliatate like a child?
who does that? it makes you the same as them if you get revenge.
forget it and move the fuc* on

at thunderstorm78
you think i was being a child?? being a child IMO is not owning up to your mistakes. in my opinion, they got off WAY to easy. i could have easily posted the proof on BOTH their facebook walls for all their friends and family to see, and i could have individually sent the proof to their family members as good measure. i also could have driven up to the man's house and kick his a$$ in, but that would have not ended well for anybody. as the law protects certain people from getting the sh!t kicked out of them (being cheated on and betrayed makes you think things that you otherwise normally would not think so to do). i "stalked" this man, he is a tall scrawny out of shape dude that i could easily dispose of... but i chose not to. because i listened to reason (friends and family). i really am not an angry man by nature, you could ask anyone that i am friends with, but sh!t like this would REALLY strip away the niceness from anybody, wouldn't you agree??

also, my ex-gf, i would say, was a "habitual" cheater, and of course i was blind and stupid for falling for her (and learned my lesson). so calling her out on her B.S. needed to be done. all i know is... if i end up dating another woman that cheats on me, i won't say a thing... i will just be cold and calculating, and she'll have to answer to her friends and family, once they receive "proof".... yeah, it would be a clusterf!ck. so... if you don't want that kind of retaliation, then maybe you should... i dunno... NOT cheat?? that seems like a new concept for some people out there...

this is not to say that i'll snoop through your cellphone and laptop right off the bat. i give any potential date/partner a clean slate and benefit of the doubt. but as a previous poster stated, cheaters tend to work a "busy schedule" or see you less frequently, or do things that would OBVIOUSLY be out of place (you know? like closing their laptop as soon as you walk into the room because for some "reason" they don't want you to know what they were doing....) the signs are there, for the most part, in finding out if you're being cheated on. you just have to have to ability to not be "blind", but i also know firsthand that is something that can be hard for some people, especially when you care for the person that you suspect of cheating......

which makes me also think... why do people have to give out B.S. ??? you all don't have to answer this question. it's one of those philosophical ones that you could think about on your own time, but you know what i mean?? the world would be a much better place if people treated each other like they would want to be treated, or at least, learn from their mistakes...
 ThoughtfulJoker
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/29/2012 9:07:35 AM
You did get back at her.

Good for you!

It should be standard for everyone that gets cheated on to exact revenge and get away with it. Perhaps people would think twice.

Also: LOL at everyone blaming the OP for ruining the man's marriage. The wife deserves to know. GOOD FOR HIM that he told on her.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:12:27 PM
I wouldn't. Their own confusion, misery and karma would surely be punishment enough :)
 nitemonger
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:48:45 PM

Everyone always thinks they're going to kick ass, never acknowledging the possibility that they could very well be the ones getting the ass-kicking...

at studly_p_hungwell
yes, i've considered the possibility that the married douche could possibly kick my a$$.... so i offered him the opportunity to. he naturally declined... of course. don't know if my appearance would ward people off. i look like a tongan / polynesian football player... i've only been in 2 fights in my entire life... he struck me as someone who's never been in one -> ever. and also, what with people always looking to cheat with anything when confronted... i've considered the possibility that he probably would have pulled a gun on me if i were to go to his house -> this being utah, and people love their guns...or maybe he's the type that would get his "boys" to go up against me. see?? so i basically listened to reason, and made my retaliation in a calculated way.

side note: i once had a friend screw me over due to money issues, and he was trying to play up the fact that he was in jail to scare me (reason he was in jail was due to CHECK fraud - so bada$$ of him...) so i told him that i would come to his house, and the f!cker threatened to call the cops on me. so i backed off. what i don't get is, when you f!ck someone over, man to man... at least have the balls to confront the person you screwed over. sure, perhaps you can beat me, but i will go down swinging...... hehe. ;)
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2012 11:33:31 AM
If it isn't ethical and legal, do not retaliate. It's best not to retaliate even then. I usually figure that the consequences of losing me from their life is sufficient, though of course they may be too stupid to realize that in the short term. LOL
 nitemonger
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/30/2012 4:00:15 PM
thanks for the feedback everyone. and no, i haven't been in contact with this woman since the whole sh!t hit the fan. no text or cell phone call. i do know that my retaliation hurt her, and probably she'll realize soon that what she had with that married man was nothing but a selfish fantasy.... she took me for granted, and lost a 6 year friendship in the process. she CHOSE to destroy our relationship, and of course placed her needs before anyone else's, by interfering with a marriage..... she's garbage. i KNOW i can do better. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
 SerendipityHappens
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/30/2012 4:41:16 PM
I would never have sent the email out of retaliation. I don't believe in retaliation. I WOULD have contacted her however because I think she has a right to know. I would certainly want to know if my husband is cheating on me so I would tell someone if I knew but it wouldn't be in order to get back at someone else. I would NEVER do something to get back at someone especially if it involved an innocent third party.
 LauraLab1
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/30/2012 4:49:47 PM
I wouldn't. I would just be sinking to their level if I did. What would be the point? I just walk away with respect for myself and NO respect for them.
 PaminSD
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/1/2012 8:10:01 AM
I think you did the right thing. I would want to know if my husband was cheating on me. Kudos to you! And I am not really sure you did it out of revenge. It was a situation that she needed to know about no matter how painful it is. How long would she have looked like the fool if you had not said anything?

I applaud you for your being honest with her. That is the karma you will get back!
 myjojo1212
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/1/2012 9:48:00 AM
I think you did the right thing. I think the wife needed to know who she was married to before he came home with an STD. i am sure your ex is not the only one he is sleeping with.
 venomac1
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2012 2:00:24 PM
In my humble opinion and experience.

Cheaters usually defend cheaters

Ones that have been cheated ON understand what you did. I personally think you were right to tell the guys wife. I told the wife of the guy my Ex cheated on me with. That was the last contact I ever had with her. I wouldn't take it any further than that though, NO WOMAN on this planet that does that to another human being is worth going to jail for.
 nitemonger
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/1/2012 4:17:08 PM
In my humble opinion and experience.

Cheaters usually defend cheaters

at venomac1
i kinda agree with you on that one. i pretty much checked out all profiles and comments made on other threads from posters to this thread... and the ones that disagreed with me on emailing the wife, on some, but not all, on just a very few, i got a sense/vibe that maybe they were cheaters at one point in their lives, based on what they've posted on other threads. hehe....

regardless, i didn't immediately tell the guys wife, i did it after MUCH consultation with friends/family. they were all basically for it. they didn't agree with other stuff i wanted to do though ;-) . so i didn't. and usually, family and close friends' advice is good to follow (why would they steer you wrong??) .... so i left it at emailing the wife, and of course, i gave a piece of my mind to my ex, to really hurt her. and i succeeded in that. i pretty much have moved on. sure, sometimes, very seldom, i'll get irritated about what has happened, but i don't dwell.

it's a small world in utah, i'm sure i'll run into her at some point (not intentionally) , since we both like to go to seven peaks (waterpark) during the summer. i definitely DON'T want her back (i have a 1 strike rule on cheating...) i will just say "hi" to her, and be about my way....

**** yeah, the forums kinda suck you in, don't it?? ***
 smashingmayo
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/4/2012 4:15:19 AM
It's not right to cheat even if you are cheated on. Although I would still do soemthign to make her mad. :p
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/4/2012 8:07:59 AM
That we react out of emotions is normal. I blew my cork & her secret was no longer a secret to ANYONE. I spent my life taking the high road & refused to just smile this time, while getting slapped across the face. It wouldn't have come to them being together had I NOT opened my big mouth is how she put it. It was almost laughable when she said it.

Satisfying that I got everything from my divorce & the no alimony ruling from a judge was icing on the cake. More satisfaction is his ex got everything as well & including huge alimony payments. The most satisfaction is every dog has their day. The life they lived is gone & the resentful bickering is endless according to the kids. Both are now jobless, destitute (no savings) & borrowing money just to keep the electricity on. Payback never tasted so sweet.
 nitemonger
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/4/2012 10:47:52 AM
yeah, i also just got sick off taking the high road. throughout the years, you encounter people that are just out for themselves, and i'm not just talking about relationships (marriage, boyfriend/girlfriend) but just in general. i USED to take the high road... but as another poster said, "it enables them." so now, i make it be known, if you screw me over, i WILL NOT take the high road. *** (and it has to be something HUGE, a real important issue - like fidelity... not something trivial, like if you take the last of the eggs or use my car and don't put gas)

we are on this earth for a short time. make the best of it, and treat others the way you want to be treated... with respect. learn from your mistakes. i know i've made some of my own, but i feel like i have learned and progressed. but.... i'm not jesus, so i won't turn the other cheek. i don't dwell, or sit at home all day feeling sorry for myself due to the f#cked up sh!t my ex-GF did to me. i'm going out and meeting new people, it's great. saw The Avengers last night. i recommend it to EVERYONE...

like i said, we are on this earth for a short time, so if you come at me with B.S., expect to get B.S. in return. why should i be screwed over while you get to go have your fun without consequences??
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2012 11:01:38 PM
Op, I think the best retaliation you could do is to grit your teeth, smile, and walk away with your last words being polite and respectful. I know, it's god awfully hard to do. BUT with ending your relationship in that manner, it's 95% likely that there WILL come a time when she will have second thoughts and will very likely contact you in an attempt to reconcile. At which point, you can politely and respectfully decline her offer.

No need to tell the wife of this guy. For all you know, she could be cheating on him too. It's likely that all the warning signs were there before she tied the knot with him, and her chemicals caused her to overlook and/or ignore them.

That said, I once had a dream about catching an ex in the act of cheating. In the dream, I pulled a gun on them both, made the man stay lying on top of her, then I tied them both to the bed with him on top of her face down. I then put on a condom and proceeded to F the dude in his back side with him crying out in pain and his tears dripping down on her scared face, while pleading, "please stop, please don't hurt me." Lol!!! HaHaHa! Then help yourself to her fridge, make yourself a sandwich, and then leave. That's would be the ultimate humiliating display of domination over another man wouldn't it? Lol!
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/5/2012 2:45:31 AM
The best revenge is to walk away and find happiness elsewhere...nothing makes an ex more miserable than to see the other happy and thriving.

P.S. Telling the married man's wife just ruined her day, not your ex's or the cheating husband's. Next time, send the wife a dozen roses to the cheater's house with a card that says, "thank you for the most incredible night of my life." and sign it "XXX OOO, Big John". =)
 FUNNYGIRLoo
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/5/2012 4:05:04 PM
I just would move on. And if she contacts you tell her to not to contact you anymore. That sounds good send some flowers to the wife and sign it Love Romeo xx oo. Just get on with your life and be happy. By you moving on with your life and being happy it will make your ex upset and feeling like crap that you are over her. I do not care for cheaters. It is wrong to cheat.
 jmark4
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/6/2012 3:56:15 AM
some of you have changed my mind. For whatever reason you are probably right; he should have told the wife.

AIDS is on the rise again and the STD rate is among the highest of any first world country and rivals some third world countries.

With so many fools having unprotected sex, her health is at risk. Many good points made me change my mind.
 kcomfort0001
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/8/2012 3:19:45 AM
I don't retaliate.. I walk
 HeartOn64
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/8/2012 3:48:39 AM
The opposite of Love...isn't hate.It's indifference.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/8/2012 7:23:44 AM
The opposite of Love...isn't hate.It's indifference.

Wouldn't that make indifference the opposite of any strong emotion including hate, fear, anger, pride , joy etc ? I see indifference as the absence of any emotion.

Some say black ( the total presence of colour ) is the opposite of white ( the total absence of colour ) so would white also be the opposite of intense red, green, blue, orange, etc. Or is this black and white thinking?

No I would not be capable of retaliating when cheated on with indifference ... at least not on the inside.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/8/2012 11:49:01 AM
It means,getting even mean's you still care about the person enough to be angry at them.
Forgiveness and moving forward are alot healthier than stooping to someone else's level and retaliating.
Every road his it's turn....and why screw up your own karma by taking things, like revenge, into your own hands.

Now,if you can separate your feelings out and hold someone accountable for thier betrayals,that's slightly different.But it's a fine line.If we all went around retaliating against eachother over slights or just percieved slights,think anarchy.

Being civilized mean's letting go of your jusitifed outrage and leaving your betrayers in the dust so that your anger doesn't consume or define you and forgiving them without condoning thier behaviors.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
Mahatma Gandhi
 nitemonger
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/8/2012 4:06:52 PM
at HeartOn64

Being civilized mean's letting go of your jusitifed outrage and leaving your betrayers in the dust so that your anger doesn't consume or define you and forgiving them without condoning thier behaviors.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
Mahatma Gandhi

i understand your point about letting things go (and i have, for the most part). but because my ex-GF royally screwed me over, i am no longer "blind" as to the type of person she is. As a matter of fact, i had to make her "see" that there are consequences for being a deceitful, lying, selfish sack of sh!t, and that she should think twice about ever doing it again to whoever unfortunate soul decides to date her.

i don't know where you got this "slights" or "perceived slights" idea, but just to bring you and anybody up to speed. i finally decided to date my best friend of 6 years (reason i with-held was she couldn't have any more kids, otherwise, we would have dated YEARS before...) there was a 6 year history between us... because we were "perfect" for eachother as she stated it. she decided to cheat with a married man that was NEVER there for her (he recently reached out to her via Facebook). so i sent an email to that douchebag's wife, notifying the affair. it wasn't a mistake on my ex-GF's part. they were PLANNING on meeting up again in las vegas. i have proof... and i'm pretty sure that douche-bag went running back to his "horrible" wife of 10 years. my ex-GF's excuse was that apparently she's always been in love with this man since 8 years ago, and that his marriage was bad, and his wife was "horrible", and she "couldn't help" but be with him - like some bad cliche romance movie...

and this cheating married a$$hole was LOOKING to cheat on his wife... come on, 10 years of marriage, and out of the blue he contacts my woman?? there's another thread on here about some dumba$$ woman looking to "save" this other married man from this supposedly horrible, miserable marriage. what is up with women that fall for this bullsh!t??

UGH!!! gross. these morons deserve each other.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How would you retaliate when cheated on?