Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KingofSnuggles
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Decent MenPage 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
forget all the part-time philosophizers and their "sounds good, so I'll post it" theories.

Your picker may only be brokoen if you're only selecting with your eyes, rather than a combination of what you see + taking the time to get a feel for the person BEFORE you make a final decision with your heart/mind.

We are all guilty at some point if not more frequently of leading with our wants(hearts) and totally duct taping our brains when it comes to finding someone of the opposite sex to date or be involved with. So don't beat yourself up about it, just put YOU in a higher priority and don't budge on what you want/need from a partner...but take the time to find it before you just open your heart right away.

In the world today, there are waaaaay too many influences against a good moral fiber - dumb dating reality shows, mtv in general, Housewives of _____fill in the blank, exploitation of kids(sports/acting/singers/beauty pageants etc - yes even if its what the kid wants to do). Its all about the fast score - be it in finance or relationships. Also keep in mind that if some women didn't respond agreeably to these types of guys then you might not have the problem currently. Stick to your guns and don't stop trying
 JSNC7
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/25/2012 1:59:30 PM
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.
Robin Williams "

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/robinwilli386960.html
 JSNC7
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:33:18 PM
" And need I remind you the thread isn├Ęt about religion, its about what the definition of a decent man is."

I agree.

OP, there are many definitions of what a Decent Man is. I don't believe that Religion is one of those qualifications.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 109
Decent Men
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:58:36 PM
OP _ stop trying to date guys who are better looking than you...

stop trying to date guys in areas/places where sex is out in the open in many cases....pubs/bars/even the internet...

there are tons of full on decent guys out there, not just half decent even IN clubs/bars and the internet.... yet whatever about it is about these venues - for you...the guys who you are flocking to, these are the guys who can actually act in this manner towards yOU>>>

believe me they cannot act this way to every woman they encounter nor do they... but they can to you...

what is the dynamic between you and them ?

are they better looking than you ?
are they kinda on the wilder side of things ?
do they tend to have criminal records ?

what types of guys are these, aside from just being guys you met in a bar/pub/internet...

are you going after guys you find more edgy ?

additionally - once a guy stops returning your calls and only calls you on his schedule... have you learned to cut that guy off as a potential suitor ?

same thing with guys who begin sexual talk, etc ?

when do you recognize true red flags ? and what is your reaction to these ?

do you continue to hang out with said guys ?

kmac6
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:13:48 PM
A lot of mens profiles start with " where are all the decent, honest women on this site?"

What does that mean? How can you tell? Why start off with that in the first place? That is what is offputting to me.
 JSNC7
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:04:01 PM
"A lot of mens profiles start with " where are all the decent, honest women on this site?"

What does that mean? How can you tell? Why start off with that in the first place? That is what is offputting to me."

I don't like it either, when women do the same thing.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:09:27 PM
"how do the christians and nun do it ;"

In the Apostle's Church (Orthodox Christianity) priests are allowed to marry because intimacy is an important part of humanity.
 JSNC7
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:41:04 PM
"nice thread y'all, but did anyone notice the OP seems to have left the room? "

It happens, and sometimes a lot faster than this.
 kmac6
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/26/2012 5:15:48 AM
I met the most wonderful guy on another site. Pretty quickly we both decided it was a friendship only deal but he was the loveliest man I have known. Old school. He paid for the meals when we went out (an argument ensued if I insisted otherwise) but I reciprocated by making him home cooked meals. Became the pattern. He took me out one week and then he came home and I cooked for another. I invited him into my life, we stayed over at each others homes, he came to my circle meditation group, taught my youngest daughter to drive.. That was a giggle.. Insisted on working on the secondhand car I got for her before she got it home to make sure it was safe and roadworthy.
We had many non sexual intimate moments, hand holding and hugging. I even talked him into posing nude for our lifedrawing group. Many, many discussions on life in general..He could be rather racist in his views and quite homophobic. lol..I used to tease him about that one. We drove around the countryside with the roof down in his little red sports car with the wind in our hair..

Three years on and he is sorely missed.

So YES there are decent men on these sites.. You just have to take the time to get to know them.
 JSNC7
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/26/2012 6:44:21 AM
" I'me an evil catholic, apparently we're nuts, and not only wouldnt I go to confession, I'd screw anyone's wife or ripped a guy who attacked me's throat out and sleep just fine at night. Anyone who thinks some religions are crazy are just looking at the wacko examples of that particular faith and bigot-ting it to an entire group. Ridiculous."

You're a very bright, likeable guy. If you keep feeding this, it will continue to grow.
 JSNC7
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/26/2012 6:45:40 AM
" I'me an evil catholic, apparently we're nuts, and not only wouldnt I go to confession, I'd screw anyone's wife or ripped a guy who attacked me's throat out and sleep just fine at night. Anyone who thinks some religions are crazy are just looking at the wacko examples of that particular faith and bigot-ting it to an entire group. Ridiculous."

You're a very bright, likeable guy. I've had long term friends like you. If you keep feeding this subject, it will continue to grow.
 JSNC7
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/26/2012 6:56:51 AM
" I know. But hell, I can't stand people judging."

With some people, that's ALL they know. You, nor I can fix anyone : ) Of course there are a lot of stupid people out there. Some of these bigots happen to be so called educated.

Wasn't it Jeff Foxworthy who said, " you can't fix stupid " ? LOL And we shouldn't even try.
 JSNC7
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:01:37 AM
"A decent person wouldnt even be on this thread; he wouldnt argue about other's moral fiber at all."

That sounds like a Marxist statement!

" I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER. " Groucho Marx
 ANTHETITIC
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/26/2012 9:21:56 AM
THERE ARE DECENT MEN OUT HERE. I HAVE CLOSE FRIENDS THAT ARE REALLY GOOD GUYS, THE TYPE THAT I WOULD INTRODUCE TO MY SISTERS, BUT I DO KNOW ALOT OF WOMEN HAVE SOME MANY CHECKLISTS AS WELL AS WANTING TO LIVE A FAIRYTALE AND LIFE ISN'T A FAIRY TALE BOOK. I HAVE BEEN ON THE DATING SCENE FOR YEARS AND KNOW HOW DESPARATE ALOT OF GUYS COME ACROSS AND WOMEN I HAVE DATED AS WELL AS FEMALE FRIENDS TELL ME ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME, BUT IF YOU ARE AT A BAR YOU GOTTA KNOW WHAT TYPE OF DUDES YOU WILL ENCOUNTER, HELL AFTER I HAVE BEEN DRINKING I STARTING LOOKING FRISKY. YOU SHOULD ASK YOURSELF SOMETHINGS:
1. IS IT ME & THE TYPE OF GUY THAT I LIKE OR CHOSE?
2. AM I APPROACHABLE?
3. ASK SOME MALES THAT KNOW YOU WELL ABOUT WHAT KIND OF VIBE OR AURA DO I GIVE OFF?
4. HOW DO I PERCIEVE MALES?
5. CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF, YOU ATTRACT WHAT YOU ARE!
 JSNC7
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/26/2012 10:01:48 AM
" CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF, YOU ATTRACT WHAT YOU ARE!"

I can't tell you how many women are out there, who think that they can attract someone, based on what they THINK they are worth. To many of them, that's what they THINK that they ARE. Since I don''t date men, I'll leave that discussion to someone who does.

They may have a good paying job, dress well, have good looks, and live in a nice looking, and well decorated, recently purchased house.

They ALSO might have revolving issues with their Ex, Teenagers who are out of control, a Princess Complex, etc. TO ME, discovering issues such as these, makes that kind of woman's value as a potential dating partner FOR ME, go waaaay, waaaaaay down.

Remember that when you own a house for only a few years, you have virtually no equity in it. In other words.. it's nowhere near being completely your's. A pink slip from work, or one of life's disasters can take it all away, and suddenly.
 rece1211
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/26/2012 8:20:34 PM
I think that all men are decent in there own ways an it really goes on what ur lookin for an what type of person u are. I mean theres always 2 sides to a book an when u go through the same thing over an over again then u get use to it. But at the end of the day if its like this with every man then ur doing something wrong not them an if not then ur lookin wrong. I am a firm believer in u get what u give. OLD BUT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 152
Decent Men
Posted: 4/28/2012 2:52:28 PM

they want sex/dirty chat without a thought to my feelings

^^^^^^^^^^
Some people find it perfectly acceptable to talk graphically in mixed company..Men and women.

Most things do boil down to how your parents/family/friends behaved or talked when your personality was being formed.

It means you are NOT a match.

I still can't get over some slang terms for body parts people use since we always used proper terminology in our home..Unless you are joking around trying to be funny and still watch what terms and who it's around..

My jaw still drops at questions people think are appropriate to ask that you don't know very well.

It's not you. We all run into people like that from time to time.
 tuyk
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/29/2012 12:26:18 AM
i will agreee,,,,,
 tuyk
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 4/29/2012 12:28:23 AM
true i will agree
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 157
Decent Men
Posted: 4/29/2012 4:14:06 AM

I think she means they talk dirty as a prelude to getting her in bed, or they just come on very strong...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh I got it and I meant both.
Such as Do you like ******** done to you?
Do you wax or shave"
With my last Gf I did ****** to her and she loved it, would you?

I call that graphic and inappropriate.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 158
Decent Men
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:48:21 AM
I found your problem. Your talking to drunk guys in bars who want to get laid, and horny guys online who can't get laid... Try talking to guys in line at the store, or any other casual public place. There's decent guys all over, we just don't go to a bar to pick up girls
 romieyo
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 5/1/2012 4:06:15 AM
I agree with many of the post. In many cases, that decent person has been there all along. Whether woman or man. That person that cared most about your happiness, well being, health, etc.. The person that went the extra step to put a smile on your face, to please you, etc.. Most of the time, we have looked past them. And we dont realize until it is late. Maybe they moved on, maybe they are with someone else and now you see how great he/she is with that person, maybe you done been through all the trash and now you see that he/she was who you should have been with, maybe you are just plain used up and no one else wants you and you think about the ones who you pushed to the side. I am not directing this to anyone per say. Just speaking on what I have personally encountered, seen, or know.

Also some people are told too much. Based on the info given, they try to become what you like. They like this, they do that, they go here, etc.. For example if you say you like a guy who is comfortable in himself enough to cry while watching a chick flick, volunteers at animal shelters, take long romantic walks, you will get a whole bunch of guys saying that they are that person. Just like how some women want a tough guy, bad guy, etc.. News flash.......many of these guys aren't tough. They are just portraying an image. And it is only time before many women find out how tough or bad these guys really AREN'T.

Maybe you should get to know more about the men whom approach you, without giving up too much. In doing so, you may see more of him, rather then what he thinks you want him to be. Maybe you two do share a lot of the same interest. There are ways to tell if a person is genuine or not.
 Anna42
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 5/4/2012 12:43:44 AM
This is just my opinion on this topic. If you want to find a "decent man", then be someone your type of "decent man" will be attracted to. For example is your ideal "decent man" interested in someone who want to be "friends"[with benefits] (since you're in a dating site)... or to someone who is does not want to be commitment?
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 166
Decent Men
Posted: 5/10/2012 6:32:50 PM
{quote]Men are dogs that is for sure

I know some dogs that would take offense to that statement.
 alondrajh
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Decent Men
Posted: 6/1/2012 6:11:25 AM
OUCH!! why are you complaining? I appreciate The effort Men make to touch bases with me here. I realize we are not perfect, and all want to have a honey.I don't like being alone. I did give myself time to consider the personalities out there. Some are anxious to get back in the saddle! I say slow, and easy! There is plenty of fish, right. I want mine to be,The Catch Of The Day" and I have no problem throwing the little ones back in the pool! I won't go to a Bar,exct. I feel stupid even looking at a Man at Church. I don't put out my sexy side for all to see.Not to say it doesn't exist! I am private and respect myself. I have high morals, and expect someday on this site,I will be approached by "That Man", the one who doesnt't have to read between my thighs, oh, I mean lines! Lol I know you are there ,so don't stop fishing here! O>K>??? xo
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >