Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Homophobia -- the Dealbreaker      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 226
Homophobia -- the DealbreakerPage 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

I see that you must believe that one has to be religious to have not completely supportive views of homosexuality.

How did you arrive at that conclusion based on:

Sure you do. Have them come to forums and tell us all about it.

Sounds to me (though I could be wrong) like she doesn’t believe your claim that:

I know many people who are atheists ( I live in one of those "hip" neighborhoods and it is the "cool" thing now, you know?) who dislike being around gays or who are fine with gays but against gay marriage.

To clarify….you know many people who have told you they are atheist, BUT you’ve decided they’re just faking being atheist too look cool, so then that means they aren’t really atheist, and must be....? So maybe Godde does have something to do with it, after all?

So. These people are fake atheists who have told you they dislike being around gays, OR are fine with gays but against gay marriage.

I agree with CuriousInDB, and I don’t believe you.
 deetristate
Msg: 227
Homophobia -- the Dealbreaker
Posted: 1/4/2015 10:35:46 AM
It is not that important to get someone I know to come on here and "prove" anything about the subject. Google would give some examples. This whole "prove it" response is always just hilarious to me.
Off on a date to watch the playoffs at a "cool" sports bar. LOL! Enjoy your day!
 Qura
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2015 7:19:48 PM
"Homophobia" was coined because the belief was--is--that many men (in particular) feel extremely threatened by and afraid of homosexuality. There are at least a few theories about why these men feel threatened; one explanation is that these men recognize male sexuality as aggressive and dangerous and therefore fear being attacked by gay men, taken advantage of, whatever; another theory is that male homophobes fear their own attraction to other men because that attraction has, traditionally, been so vilified by society. Of course there are other theories--but the bottom line is that the word is based on the assumption that "homophobes" hate homosexuals because they fear homosexuals and/or their own secret attraction to homosexuality. (Women have, historically, been more tolerant and much less threatened by homosexuality in general, and even homophobic men have sometimes been tolerant of female homosexuality while vilifying male homosexuality).

Homophobes do harm, denying rights to others based on sexual preference (which the current science does suggest is biological, not social/cultural--evidence come from many areas: the fact that homosexuality is about 10% of every population-its universal presence at a specific rate over time and cultures suggests a biological basis; animals practice homosexuality, again with a minority being homosexuals but serving some purpose in some animal populations; gene studies that have begun to see patterns in genes in homo vs. hetero subjects; etc.). It is in this denial of rights--which has a long history I am sure I do not have to illustrate--that homophobes demonstrate "intolerance": they do not tolerate the presence of homosexuals in society and pass laws (or try to) that discriminate or worse.

Those of us who reject homophobia, however, are not denying rights to bigots. In fact, we tolerate them within our society; we may not like them, we may even exercise our right to free expression and revile them, but we do not pass laws designed to deny them rights and worse. You can complain all you want about "liberals" insisting on "pc language," but no one is being prosecuted for the opinions or beliefs they have. Bigots are, of course, prosecuted for actions they take that hurt others--just as all of us are.

So yes, for me, homophobia IS a deal-breaker.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 229
Posted: 1/5/2015 7:33:14 PM
Those of us who reject homophobia, however, are not denying rights to bigots. In fact, we tolerate them within our society; we may not like them, we may even exercise our right to free expression and revile them, but we do not pass laws designed to deny them rights and worse.

Hate speech? Yeah I thought that was interesting, that a county or whatever has to allow the KKK (for example of organization) to have a rally or whatever. So they kept trying to get this busy street at noon downtown.
They kept getting denied, and were finally given a date for some day and 2 am in the morning in the most ghetto locations you can be which was Salinas, but they wanted Monterey. Which I thought was odd, because its supposed to prevent loss of life and usually that is a bad place to be a racist white guy - everyone else is Mexican.

Weren't the Greeks into rear naked choke holds. Of the more literal variety, rather that the grappling variety?
should we stop eating the yogurt? I don't like the look of whats floating around on top....
 DameWrite
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2015 5:08:09 PM
There is another theory that people who are called homophobic are simply afraid of being asscociated with homosexuals because they see that society treats them bad and they want none of that for them. It''s not always because they don't like or hate gay people, some even like them but are afraid to. Again fear driven.

If society were only more tolerant...

Ouija2025
Msg: 231
Posted: 1/14/2015 5:14:00 PM
I think most " homophobia" people secretly want to have a chance.. so they shun them
Who is this society? You treat people like people.. I could give a rats corpse if two adults get off dancing naked with dead chickens tied around their neck.
I would wager a better theory is that gays are an easy target
 DameWrite
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2015 5:18:22 PM
We can help them not be an easy target by accepting them, having their backs if needed and by shunning the bullies.

I'm looking forward to the day when parading the extreme won't be needed to get people to see that homophobia is an issue. Then it can be all done in fun, like it is here and some other hip places.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 233
Posted: 1/14/2015 5:28:25 PM
someone who judges others on who they are attracted to

Imagine a world/government where regressive morons are finally weeded out completely, liberal thinking demolishes the 1% (and the federal reserve) and the majority of humanity recognizes the importance of focusing on themselves to become better people - instead of being focused on what others are doing, recreationally or otherwise.
 calguy14
Msg: 234
Posted: 1/14/2015 8:05:16 PM
People can do whatever the Frick they want.Just don't think the majority will agree to having an educator with an agenda frick with the minds of their kids.We had Walt in this thread dismissing the concerns of some parents because they were "religious", teach your own kids what you want,and others will do the same thank you very much.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 235
Posted: 1/14/2015 8:15:40 PM
Sadly, people with "agendas" have been teaching for a long, long time. We have incorrect information in school text books, misinformation on the Internet, misinformation on mainstream media, politicians, religious leaders, freaks and geeks....many with an agenda. They can't even get "new math" and "old math" figured out in schools. Teaching correct sex education is fine...teaching it with an agenda is wrong. The "agenda" can come from a pedophile, a misinformed parent or an ignorant religious leader. Check out what you kids are learning, be an involved and educated parent. And in my book, homophobia is just as wrong as bigotry and racism.
 Booky3
Msg: 236
Posted: 1/14/2015 10:54:47 PM
Anyone who criticizes any aspect of the gay agenda is labeled a bigot.

Don't try to force us Bigots to accept your sexual behaviors (SODOMY, for you country folks that means f@ckin some dude up the rear) through judicial fiat! (which is really what gay marriage is all about) Thank God the majority still don't tolerate that sh@t (excuse the pun)

Common sense logic has left the building when people forget the purpose of an anus, and it aint for sex. Lets make it a little bit more plain for the Toleration crowd..next time you use the toilet for a #2, (take a sh@t) ask yourself if you really think it's NORMAL that any body organ should be going back inside. So, you think that's normal? There really is something wrong with you if you think that's normal. By any other word, that's a PERVERSION.

Therefore I Mr Bigot suggest you add the following statement to your profile.

"I'm part of a very small extremist fringe group who tolerates the unnaturally disgusting lifestyle of perverts, therefore if you consider yourself a normal man who feels a sense of revulsion around deviant behavior please do not contact me."

As a side note, there's a reason people with this mentality have such a difficult time finding a suitable partner. But I'll save that for another day. :)
 CTRLvector
Msg: 237
Posted: 1/15/2015 2:56:15 AM

. Anyone who criticizes any aspect of the gay agenda is labeled a bigot

Explain how homosexuality is an "agenda." Unless you're one of those morons that don't understand neurobiology, then just shut up, and read the rest of what I write.

Because once upon a time this country was split. A civil war divided this country, the North fought for equality (more or less) - the south fought for white supremacy and the continued acceptance of slave trading.

Now you in your infinite ignorance, you may not be able to draw the parallel between equality and choice. But had the 13th amendment not made such amendments. You wouldn't even be able to speak your mind regarding your right to be a bigot.

I suggest you use what little intelligence you have, and muster up the common sense to understand why equality is important. Especially when it isn't threatening to your way of life in any way shape or form.

You in fact are threatening LGBT way of life, you are a bigot, you are ignorant, and you should know better.

Has anyone found that " heterosexual gene" yet??????

What does that mean? You underestimate the complexity of neuroscience, brain chemistry, childhood development, physical/sexual/emotional trauma, and genetics.

If you are familiar with Epigenetics, then you would understand just how complicated nature is in terms of neuroscience. It is the way the brain is wired, it may have a genetic disposition, or it may just be an error in how the brain develops/wired as a fetus.

One thing is certain - homosexuality is not a choice.

I am heterosexual, with a generally lower than average sex drive. And I could never engage in homosexuality, it doesn't register in my brain. But to take someone who is homosexuality, and tell them to register heterosexuality - or suffer inequality.

That line of thinking (bigotry) is absurd and disgusting.
 Walts
Msg: 238
Posted: 1/15/2015 2:58:35 AM
We had Walt in this thread dismissing the concerns of some parents because they were "religious", teach your own kids what you want,and others will do the same thank you very much.

Then your children should NOT be in a public school system. Separation of church and state????? If you want to follow every teaching of any religion defined as the "truth" than you must stay out of the public system. This is not rocket science. How can you send your child to a place where you, as a parent(adult) don't believe what they teach as the "truth". At what time are you gonna start freaking out about what they teach in a science class because, the teaching of "evolution", as pointed out by many in the past, smacks face first into many "teachings" of some religions? Looking back, I now laugh at the uproar when the "Lord's prayer" was eliminated from the start of each class day.

It's not surprising this little scenario happened in Ontario. I lived there, and I also am very familiar with the school systems there. This little scare tactic/freaking out about subject matter is not the first time this stuff has happened. All because of how many "believe" in something that has nothing to do with "education", instead just "beliefs". There is a difference.

In the past, what has been looked "down upon" by certain religions.

Birth Control. Abortions. FEMALE clergy. Living arrangements. Cremation. Health practices. Sexual "acts" (read sparky's comments above, message 257, one that obviously has no idea where a prostate gland is). The list is endless.

The last thing certain religions want, is an educated audience. Not all religions but, some. What some of these groups in Ontario forget, is these certain groups have more of a history of "abuse", sexually and otherwise, of our children than any other group in the past. Nowadays, they run around "pretending" they "know" what's "best" for their own, because of religious "beliefs". Who in their right mind tells the people(humans) that want to "teach" these "beliefs" that they must abstain from sex the rest of their life, and think THAT's going to turn out okay?????? I would suggest that someone that really hasn't been "educated". Or at least one that "dismisses" reality, and goes with the "belief".

Has anyone found that " heterosexual gene" yet??????
 calguy14
Msg: 239
Posted: 1/15/2015 5:07:42 AM
Its not about religious beliefs so much as it is about REFUSING to have your children sexualized at an early age.Parents can decide how to introduce this,not some gay educator.This is about freedom and I might remind you that Wynne did NOT run on this platform.You can swap bodily fluids with whoever you want but don't try to ram anything down the throats of our kids.OK?Lobby for bisexual schools,the majority are straight and the minority can find there own way.How many kids are gay at 16?About 1 in 1000.When people get old enough to actually think it over they can do what they want.

Edit
I don't give a ff what any woman says regarding this and dating

Oh,and one other thing Walt,just what were you thinking when you and your SO made your daughter?
 Walts
Msg: 240
Posted: 1/15/2015 5:14:05 AM

How many kids are gay at 16?About 1 in 1000.When people get old enough to actually think it over they can do what they want.

I've told you before, and I'll tell you again. Please quit giving evidence on how ignorant and arrogant you are on this subject.

Are you saying children can't "think"????? Or there is a magically age limit for "thinking" and only "adults" can actually do it???? And of what orifice did you pull the supposed "stat" about how many children are gay "AT" 16??????

Sweet Mary and Joseph.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 241
Posted: 1/15/2015 5:15:50 AM
How many kids are gay at 16 About 1 in 1000

Junk statistics, do you pull these stats out of your ass? I hope you're not that stupid, that you pulled those stats from approximation.

Gay at 16? Really, people just turn gay right?

If you knew anything about neurobiology and development. You would understand that people are born with the sexual attraction wiring already in place. So whatever happens to turn a child from heterosexual to homosexual, happens either prior to the birth, or shortly thereafter.

In any event, you don't just turn gay at a certain age. Sometimes youth will "come out of the closet" so to speak - meaning they will admit they are gay, because they refuse to live a lie. But it doesn't mean that they turned at that point, it means that they admitted it at that point.

And that is the real tragedy of people like you, because you're taking away from the life of those who would be stronger if you weren't such a bigot.

Do you actually believe the stuff you say? Because it is quite delusional - if I were you, id be concerned.
 calguy14
Msg: 242
Posted: 1/15/2015 6:53:12 AM
I use that from my son's perspective,he knows many,many people.Only one is out.Show us your gay biased poll once again.

I might remind you two that for years,the mantra was"its a choice",Remember? How many people following a gay lifestyle have children?Plenty.You need to be attracted to penetrate,it doesn't go up with a jack.

We have many,many genes,and we procreate...what you really meant to say Walt's was that we haven't found a gay gene...right.Nice try but so typical of the gay agenda.

Have you two thought about the divisions this would cause in the school system?Will the Muslims go for this?The Africans?Catholic Hispanics?This is a minority agenda,which is the reason why Wynne is hiding it and restricting participation.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 243
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:02:57 AM
I might remind you two that for years,the mantra was"its a choice",Remember?

For years mental disorder was thought to of been caused by demonic possession. Only now we have medical professionals, and we aren't ignorant. I know catch up is hard, but progression is necessary.

IT ISN'T AN AGENDA, STOP USING WORDS AS IF THEY APPLY WHEN THEY DONT.

AGENDA -

a list of things to be considered or done
a plan or goal that guides someone's behavior and that is often kept secret

synonyms: list of items, schedule, program, timetable, itinerary, lineup, list, plan, to-do list; trademarkdaytimer
"the next topic on the agenda"

•the underlying intentions or motives of a particular person or group.
"Miller has his own agenda and it has nothing to do with football"
synonyms: plan, scheme, motive; exit strategy

------------

EQUALITY -

the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities.
"an organization aiming to promote racial equality

synonyms: fairness, equal rights, equal opportunities, equity, egalitarianism; More
impartiality, evenhandedness;

"we promote equality for gay rights"

So pick up a damn dictionary, learn what words god damn represent and stop looking so damn stupid, educate yourself man. People like you are a dying breed, generations like me - the progressed are the dominant breed.

Deal with it, if I can make you look stupid 100% of the time, something is wrong.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 244
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:34:27 AM
Who in the hell would choose to be gay? OMG, even I would not choose to be gay considering all the misinformation, bigots, homophobes, religious fanatics and idiots that bash them, slam them, degrade them, tease them, beat them and treat them like a lower class of human being. Who would choose this?

So your son doesn't have any gay friends...that means there aren't any? Just means there aren't any in his social circle and if he's anything like you....what gay guy would want to hang around with a bunch of misinformed idiots.

And this thread was not about some sort of "gay agenda" out of Ontario, its about - homophobia being a deal breaker. WTF has Ontario and it's gay Premier got to do with this?
 calguy14
Msg: 245
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:59:30 AM
@bluemoon
What it has to do with this thread is the fact that my being averse to this agenda in Ontario schools had me branded as a bigot for opposing it.

@vector you stoner,read the first paragraph of of the meaning of agenda.

BTW,I forgot to mention the Catholic Italians in Toronto,the largest group in the world outside of Toronto,more than a half million.And just as a teaser,how many Italian men are gay?
African?Does homosexuality run through a certain ethnicity that may have bred too closely?This won't fit with the general population getting a broader gene base now will it?
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 246
Posted: 1/15/2015 8:35:41 AM
There are gay men, women, transexuals, bi-sexuals, etc. in every damn ethnic group - this is not a "white" thing. And yup, Catholics have been know to be very open minded and diverse regarding sexuality, gender, birth control, etc (saying this sarcastically).....how about just "control". Yes, some ethnic groups put you to death for it or at least frown on it and say "not in our culture" but there are gay men/women from Africa, Lebanon, Sudan, Italy, Cuba, China....everywhere. OMG - the friggin gays are everywhere.

As to your comment regarding Italian men....just look to the church to find gay Italian men. Nice gay Cardinals and Cardinals with mistresses...cool.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 247
Posted: 1/15/2015 8:44:40 AM
@vector you stoner,read the first paragraph of of the meaning of agenda.

Hey calguy - you drooling mongoloid - There is no gay agenda, the gay agenda is gay rights. In terms of equality.

When you use a word like "agenda" it implies a hidden meaning, you moron. And even you as dumb as you are, know that.

So do more drugs, because you're an idiot, staying sober hasn't helped you one bit.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 248
Posted: 1/15/2015 8:46:51 AM
I have a T friend & my ex husband's cousin is a semi-famous T person.

Each one went thru a lot to get to where there are 2day- who would choose all the drama & humiliation that gets thrown at them? So, I don't think they choose it, it is in their nature.

I do not try to wrap my brain around it either, just accept it.

I live in a town which has become very artsy-farsty & now has a growing GLBTQ population. I support their right to be who they are.
 calguy14
Msg: 249
Posted: 1/15/2015 9:29:29 AM
@vector
I drink very little.You and your ex gf on the other hand have become very unhappy people with your habit of smoking.....meth or crack?Too many drugs,too much permissiveness has made you and your gf unhappy people.More twisted sex and drugs is the answer I guess.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 250
Posted: 1/15/2015 9:30:31 AM
I house shared a upscale home for a year with a fem lesbian about 30 years my junior. We hardly ever saw each other but the few times she had get togethers it was interesting. The gay guys seemed to be more of the drama queens (no pun intended). But to each their own.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Homophobia -- the Dealbreaker