Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Homophobia -- the Dealbreaker      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 76
Homophobia -- the DealbreakerPage 4 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
^^^^ Save your breath blue,,,,remember the poster you are talking to has stated.....

He's been confused by an older man is my guess.He has barely reached pubescence.This is why I don't want these agendas in the schools.This is why you need a man around,to give him guidance.Very few people are born gay.Mostly its a choice,and your son is far too young to decide this.I would be looking for somebody to strangle.This is a disaster,what about your parents?Figure out what is wrong,its not too late.

First he's "guessing", then he's "wanting", and then he assumes a "man" is "needed",,,,for "guidance". He forgot to mention what "type" of man, lol. And then, he wants to "strangle" because of something he defines as a "disaster". Also, please take not of the words "wrong" and "too late".

I do apologize, not all Canadians believe in such horseshiat. Or would that be cowshiat?

Do ya hear the banjos??????

Edit to add:
Here is just another reason why I wish our "posting history" was put up on our profiles. Just another quick initial glimpse of what kind of person you would dealing with before contacting.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 77
Homophobia -- the Dealbreaker
Posted: 10/31/2014 7:56:32 AM
Yes Walts, I hear banjo music in the background.

And I agree, I thought the redneck Canadian had gone extinct but apparently it's surviving in Calgary. I just thought that a man that has a gay brother would be more open minded. It's one thing to be closed minded and ignorant about folks that live on the other side of the world but....your own family?? Or as they say in banjo country - your own kin folk???
 calguy14
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/31/2014 8:50:34 AM
@bluemoon
The delusional was directed at the metro dude.You're a little far fetched yourself,Victoria is gay,not the entire island,next you will be claiming there are gay loggers.You two aren't getting it these are young kids that haven't even had any relationships yet,metro mentioned 11,what's next,9?

@Walts
so now its been decided that a father figure is definitely not needed?Right.I'm going to be blunt,I think you've smoked way too much weed.And yes,if I thought an adult gay male had been messing with the kids head I likely would have an urge to strangle the guy.sfw.

@supersoulson

You don't remember the mantra?"Its a choice".This has been superseded by"you're born gay".
Some people choose a gay lifestyle simply because its convenient.
@bluemoon
Metro was the younger metrosexual dude,Mike,in the thread,I'm on my phone.You live on the island don't you?
 Supersoulson
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/31/2014 9:04:23 AM

And who helped make up his mind at the tender age of 13?Seriously?He's been confused by an older man is my guess.He has barely reached pubescence.This is why I don't want these agendas in the schools.This is why you need a man around,to give him guidance.

I already knew I liked girls in KINDERGARTEN – how old were you when YOU figured it out ?????

Very few people are born gay.

So , somehow you can actually admit that some people ARE born gay !
So then …. How do you know this 13 year old isn’t one of those “ few “ people ?????

Mostly its a choice,and your son is far too young to decide this

Ok, you gotta be kidding me ! Am I on candid camera ?
A choice ????
CHOICE ?????

Would YOU ever choose to be gay if you weren’t ?????

Why would anyone else choose to be ????

Because an adult told them about “ alternative lifestyles “ ????

Would that have influenced YOU to look at a penis in a whole new way had that happened to YOU as a child ?

I would be looking for somebody to strangle

May I suggest you start with who you see in the mirror ?

I just realized something …. I am IGNORANTAPHOBIC !
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/31/2014 9:04:24 AM
^^^ I must admit, I don't "get" most of your ramblings. As in - just what do you mean by "Victoria is gay, not the entire island..." and who/what is "metro"?

As to gay loggers, yup. There are gay loggers, football players, hockey players, rig pigs, politicians, priests, doctors, firemen, and on and on. They are everywhere.

I remember my sons having the sex ed classes in elementary school, maybe 10 years old or so. This topic was always pretty open in our house as in, if a question was asked by my sons, it was answered. The funny thing about children, especially those under 12-ish - they don't notice all that much if you're a different colour or if you have a disability or if you have one mom and no dad or two moms or two dads or if you live with grandma. Kids just get along. Then....adults come in a screw it all up with their "beliefs". Hatred, bigotry, gay bashing, "I'm special", etc. is all taught. Sad.
 Walts
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/31/2014 2:55:58 PM
so now its been decided that a father figure is definitely not needed?Right.I'm going to be blunt,I think you've smoked way too much weed.And yes,if I thought an adult gay male had been messing with the kids head I likely would have an urge to strangle the guy.sfw.

Why do people make it so easy?????

You said nothing of a "father figure", you stated a "man", which I'm assuming is based on gender, not a sexual preference. There are two in this world, well, three if you include the term "transgender" which I'm sure YOU don't. And can I ask,,,how would you "know" if a "gay male" was "messing" with a kids head? Define please. (this should be good)

Some people choose a gay lifestyle simply because its convenient.

Sorry. Even here in Canada, I would highly doubt being gay is "convenient", especially with the cement head that is running this country right now. You should go look up the word. Even better, go reread your words in your posts. There are more than enough people walking around that believe what you do, that makes it very "inconvenient" to express their preference of a sexual partner, no matter what it is.

Edit to add: Just so you know, there is no such thing a "too much" puffs.
 mike11091
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/31/2014 3:33:46 PM

Metro was the younger metrosexual dude,Mike,in the thread,I'm on my phone.You live on the island don't you

I'm still laughing...acceptance of another way of life makes me a metro? Or is it because I dress well?

Either way, this is a poor attempt at trolling because it actually boosted my ego....haha...

Also, I'm with supersoulson. I can still remember the first and last name of the first girl I kissed, way back in Kindergarten. From that point forward, I knew I liked girls, even though she gave me cooties and I never lived that down. ( they called me cootie all through grade school). Did I think about it before then? I don't remember...so it's hard to tell if I was born that way or if it was just that first kiss.

Either way, it had NOTHING to do with having a 'father figure' and everything to do with chasing that thrill I had felt. Hell, I'm still chasing it, but it's none of my business what other people chase.

So, anyone else think the obvious troll is obvious?

:)
 B_Hasenpfeffer
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/31/2014 5:05:42 PM
Pro-homo is a dealbreaker for sure.
 calguy14
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/31/2014 5:58:08 PM

Sorry. Even here in Canada, I would highly doubt being gay is "convenient", especially with the cement head that is running this country right now. You should go look up the word. Even better, go reread your words in your posts. There are more than enough people walking around that believe what you do, that makes it very "inconvenient" to express their preference of a sexual partner, no matter what it is.

There are private clubs in major cities.The gays live in close proximity.People come out all the time,no big deal.

You said nothing of a "father figure", you stated a "man", which I'm assuming is based on gender, not a sexual preference. There are two in this world, well, three if you include the term "transgender" which I'm sure YOU don't. And can I ask,,,how would you "know" if a "gay male" was "messing" with a kids head? Define please. (this should be good)

A man in the house,yeah typically the father and not the "life" partner.Let's keep transgender out of it,we have enough confused people already.If an older gay male,say,a teacher......was promoting a gay lifestyle,yeah,this would be messing with the kid's head.

@bluemoon
Your profile says Shawinigan Lake,that is on the island .....

Update on the Ontario situation.Wynne(the lesbian premier)has decided that a revamp of the sex ed curriculum is needed.So a HANDPICKED parent from each elementary school will be able to fill in an online survey to help form the course.
 calguy14
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/1/2014 8:34:44 AM
@bluemoon
I just got a message from my ex logger buddy on another forum.He was a faller till he hit a spike and nearly lost his leg.Lots of gays on the island.No gay loggers.That's a real mans job.:)
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/1/2014 9:46:53 AM
How's that B.C. bud working for you all the way in Calgary?

And yup, there are gay loggers. And here's a news flash for you - there are lots of gay everywhere, not just on the Island. They even have them in Cowtown...in boots, with stetsons and Jack Daniels. They're everywhere.
 calguy14
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/1/2014 10:04:32 AM
Very few gay cowboys,that was just a fantasy of the gay producer to make Bareback Mountain:)

BC bud from those giant ops isn't that good,we have better here,but I don't smoke very often.....maybe if a pretty girl asks me.:)
 Demidar
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/2/2014 10:33:02 AM
I thought the answer to this question for all variants of christians was in their bible in the book of leviticus . My ancestors were norse men so this matters not to me .
 CharminC
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/2/2014 3:09:45 PM
Lots of gays on the island.No gay loggers.That's a real mans job.:)
^^^
Say what?? !
The true definition of a real man is obviously lost with you. Real men does not mean straight.
Real men own up to who they are regardless of sexual orientation, religion, race, etc ...etc ....etc.

And yup, there are gay loggers. And here's a news flash for you - there are lots of gay everywhere, not just on the Island. They even have them in Cowtown...in boots, with stetsons and Jack Daniels. They're everywhere.
^^
Yes... they are.
I laughed when Calguy mentioned cowboys and firemen.
Gays, bis, trans are...................everywhere!

We have our own right to decide who we are attracted to and whenever we see fit . That is our individual journey.
I kissed a boy at age 6. It could have been a girl. WHO Cares!
Just don't traumatize me for my choices no matter when or with whom I made that choice.
For gays, bis, straight, boy or girl.....sexuality is for the most part explored during the teen years. Calguy, if you don't believe this. YOU are delusional.
Therefore it is quite natural for a 13 yr old to come out and be damn certain about it.
IMO... kids know earlier what gender they are attracted to but when to be vocal about it could take time, even for straight kids, ... due to shyness and inexperience.
The parent, like most parents, isn't going to push sex on the child but (hopefully) foster positive sexual health and identity regardless of the child's gender and preference.
Your attitude Calguy promotes the opposite.
Your attitude is why homophobia exist

OP.... your choice. Isn't it great to have that? .... the ability to choose :)
 calguy14
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/2/2014 4:04:31 PM
^^^
Charmin if you polled most women about what constituted a real man do you really think they would mention gay?Please be serious.My buddy lives on the island.....no gay loggers.Did you date one?gay cowboys are 1 in thousand.The Village People were not real lol!

Anyhoo,I think most of you people are behind the times.Many feel that sexuality is not hard wired,that it is possibly fluid.David Bowie and Lou Reed both ended up marrying women didn't they?Carol Pope married a man and it lasted a month....

So there is hope for Eternity's son :)
 CharminC
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/2/2014 5:41:31 PM
My buddy <----buddy... singular... one person. You seriously take the word of ONE PERSON that every single logger on the island isn't gay. Seriously?
Do they wear signs on them that says they are straight or did your buddy ask every single one of them?
Did you date one<----- I've dated bisexual men and I'm a lot closer to the island than you are my dear.

gay cowboys are 1 in thousand.<--- and you KNOW this because.....?????? OH!@ I know..you are psychic!

David Bowie and Lou Reed both ended up marrying women didn't they?Carol Pope married a man and it lasted a month..
^^
true
so what?

So there is hope for Eternity's son :) <---- hope? Many would say the same about you but I doubt you'd see our point. Fair enough *shrugs shoulders*
.....as long as you don't project your views in a way that mentally or physically harms anyone.
 calguy14
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/3/2014 3:00:21 AM
@charmin
Please go back and review starting with#71 and bluemoons #73.I talk to gays like anybody else and make no exception in my manner communicating with them.What BM and I clashed over was the youth....and the fight over their minds.Young people are impressionable. And those with an agenda know it.Nobody addressed the manner in which Ontario is attempting to form sex education policy.Whose kids are they?The parents or the left leaning educators?
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/3/2014 9:10:36 AM

@charmin
Please go back and review starting with#71 and bluemoons #73.I talk to gays like anybody else and make no exception in my manner communicating with them.What BM and I clashed over was the youth....and the fight over their minds.Young people are impressionable. And those with an agenda know it.Nobody addressed the manner in which Ontario is attempting to form sex education policy.Whose kids are they?The parents or the left leaning educators?

I think that a person who posts your personal supposition of gays being gay by choice only rather than by birth maybe will have a little difficulty talking about "their" agenda... because your belief system could be seen as an agenda as well.

Your BELIEF is your belief. You can claim it. That is your right. But you cannot unilaterally state unequivocally that your theory is scientific fact. Because you can't prove it; you don't have it; and for the few people you are using to cite examples, there are THOUSANDS of other examples which are the opposite.

So the second you try and ram your belief system down other's throats as the "truth" and set them straight (pun partially intended) :) you are the one who is doing an agenda; they are trying to make sure that BOTH belief systems are out there.
 Demidar
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/3/2014 9:52:43 AM
I am sorry , you are wrong . There is no scientific evidence that shows any one is born gay or straight or otherwise . It is all a matter of choice and society pressure , so many believe the dribble they are fed by mass media , it is sad .
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/3/2014 9:58:03 AM

I am sorry , you are wrong . There is no scientific evidence that shows any one is born gay or straight or otherwise . It is all a matter of choice and society pressure , so many believe the dribble they are fed by mass media , it is sad .

tell that to the 2 year old identical twin boy in a healthy home with a rough and tumble brother who LITERALLY would not wear pants; only dresses.

Same family, same media, same toys, same genetics.

One was as testosterone filled as you will ever see.

The other one wanted to be Princess Leia, he wanted to grow up and become a ballerina.

So you think his parents sat him down when he was an infant and said "so, we want to make sure you want nothing to do with these toys, with these characters in movies, with these activities, we want you to only want to be a dancer or a princess?

What societal pressure was he being "unduly influenced by"? He wasn't even IN school yet. He was 2.

And this was a while ago; before people cited "gay agenda". Not a fraternal twin. An identical one.

They were opposite in EVERY way.

So what agenda was he swayed by? (and don't say tela tubbies, this was years before that show)
 Demidar
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/3/2014 10:06:58 AM
Children at that age tend to act out what they have seen around them . I would look into what information input the child that age has to determine the factors that are causing the child to act out in such a manner . Have never heard of a child that young acting out in such a manner unless something else is involved . Possibly get in touch with child protective and determining what symptomatic behavior the child is exhibiting .
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/3/2014 10:38:14 AM
Would you care to post a link or two of facts regarding being born gay/not being born gay. And not from jesus freak sites or homophobic sites. Good solid scientific data. Otherwise, it's just opinion.

And who the hell would "choose" to be gay in this homophobic society?

As for no gay loggers. Too funny. Do you think gay men only select careers in hair styling and fashion? You could probably safely say that 10% of every occupation is gay. So yup, gay loggers, cops, postal workers, pilots, truck drivers and cowboys.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/3/2014 10:59:18 AM

Children at that age tend to act out what they have seen around them . I would look into what information input the child that age has to determine the factors that are causing the child to act out in such a manner . Have never heard of a child that young acting out in such a manner unless something else is involved . Possibly get in touch with child protective and determining what symptomatic behavior the child is exhibiting .

I was there five days a week, three months that summer. So that child was around ME. And I promise I was not "promoting gay agenda" to the innocent two year old... and he was wearing a dress from the first day I met him. So you are supposing that a child who showed gay tendencies must have become that way because he was abused??

I am truly sorry, but that is disturbing beyond belief. The rigid narrow minded judgmentalism that is exhibted by people who have no CLUE what it is like for people to survive those things let alone claim they chose them, blows my mind.

I know a man who was married to a friend of mine for 20 years. He was HEAVILY in denial; because where he came from people were hurt, injured or killed, who admitted to being gay. So he tried to be straight for his entire life; including a long marriage with a wife and a son. Was he programmed to believe all of a sudden that he was gay? No He finally got tired of trying to be someone that was alien to who he was inside; though he did not come out until he admitted to his wife who he was.

My very good friend also lived in Texas. I told him of this story. He is gay; he lived in Texas. Texas when he was there was VERY homophobic and pro testosterone. Just as it was around that young boy that you are assuming must have been systematiccally programmed by terrible parents? Former nanny? A neighborhood pervert? Who?

He wondered how that boy survived in that environment growing up with that strong of an alienation against gays in society. He was what he was in SPITE of his surroundings. The child knew what he liked, who he wanted to be, and who he felt he was. In spite of his surroundings.

And he was too innocent to be made to feel like a second class citizen at the time; because he still retained his innocence.

I watched another two men who came out decades ago before bullying in society was frowned upon; and they were beaten, taunted, threatened, one of them almost killed.

Watching them watch their friends finally get married and know that it was ok; I am sorry but anyone who says people choose that and are "programmed" until they can get fixed?

Need to get a heart. Or some logic.
 B_Hasenpfeffer
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/3/2014 11:05:19 AM

Gays, bis, trans are...................everywhere!

Yeah, it's an epidemic. Tim Cook recently came out of the closet.
 Demidar
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/3/2014 11:18:03 AM
Doesn't matter how many days a week were spent with the child . Fact is the child is showing symptomatic behavior associated with some type of abuse . It is a fact that a child of 2 years old will not show symptomatic behavior or be acting out unless subjected to some form of abuse . That is a fact , go look it up , you will not like the answers you will find .
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Homophobia -- the Dealbreaker