Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Homophobia -- the Dealbreaker      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 201
Really don't care if gay men are part of the social fabricPage 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I think if everyone teaches their kids not to be bullies or ***holes,
the world will be a better place.

This isn't something schools should have to teach, it's something
they should learn at home.

Sadly, the bullies and ***holes are probably lacking educational
structure at their homes, so the task falls to teachers, making less
time for actual learning and continuing the cycle of raising stupid
bullies and ***holes.

*sigh*
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 202
Really don't care if gay men are part of the social fabric
Posted: 12/31/2014 6:59:29 AM

Sadly, the bullies and ***holes are probably lacking educational structure at their home

And, sadly, the teaching profession is not free of bullies and ***holes. They invade every aspect of our lives *gasp* even forums.
 Walts
Msg: 203
Posted: 12/31/2014 7:18:17 AM

This isn't something schools should have to teach, it's something
they should learn at home.

Sadly, this is becoming more common with a lot of things "parents" are incapable of, so it falls on the education system. And then, when the "teaching" isn't done the way some "parents" feel it should be done,(remembering that it already isn't being done at home), the whining starts.

Critical thinking/questioning is not looked upon so fondly by some "parents" which by default, creates "followers". Which is what a lot of "parents" like. Even some "teachers" believe a "controlled" classroom is a good learning environment. Not true but, I digress.

We have one poster who claims that children of today are not hitting puberty earlier than ever before. Educating himself would prove himself wrong. Right now, puberty is beginning in females at 8-9 years old, months earlier than 10 years ago. But, denying is much easier than facing. This change is related to foods we eat, medical "improvements", etc that we are all going thru in North America.

"Education" with regards to our physical growth/changes include many things, including the topic of sex. (some actually think there are "genes" which determines our sexuality!!!!!) Many wish it would just go away and let our children "learn as they go", which we know from experience doesn't go so well for many. Think, sexual transmitted diseases, and unplanned pregnancies here. Many also don't have a clue about the drugs, along with peer pressure that our children have to face, much earlier than I ever had to. But, even that is a topic that is taboo for many parents.

Uneducated parents. Which leads to uneducated children, even if they go to school. Too bad, there isn't a test for potential parents but, then, we would be taking "rights" away, wouldn't we? Fear, is a result of ignorance. If you actually want to stop being "afraid", educate yourself, using every means possible, not just one or two hand picked "articles". Yes, it take some work and can be painful at times, finding out you are "wrong" in the way you think or believe, especially if you are use to being fed horseshiat all your life and finding out it was all bullshiat.
 calguy14
Msg: 204
Posted: 12/31/2014 7:40:35 AM
@vector
You are more confused than I realized.Wow.Read the thread,or in your case,try to remember what you read,I have already stated that two women raising a child is preferable to just one,or a bad relationship.Two men is a rarity,how many do you know or see.
As for your other nonsense,I am the contractor,I hire idiots like you and try to get them to work efficiently,if you think contractors never straighten out details on a site I don't believe you have very much experience.Most likely you couldn't even lay out a set of stairs.If that wall was as complicated as you make it sound then the engineer makes the changes.Try to stay on topic.

@walts
White kids hitting puberty at 8?Rarity.What better foods and medical improvements?

Sounds like a closeted pedophile came up with that Walt's.

After eight its too late,remember?

Walts
Msg: 205
Posted: 12/31/2014 8:05:48 AM

White kids hitting puberty at 8?Rarity.What better foods and medical improvements?

Why are you constantly giving us examples of which we speak, as in the ignorance and arrogance thingy????

I stated, "starting" puberty, not "hitting" it. Don't know where you got the "white" kid thingy either. Do you?

Reading, comprehension and understanding something new will definitely be slowed if you don't actually take the time and effort to actually "try to understand". I understand how prejudices and bias' evolve, do you? Once you do, you can start you path to educating yourself. Until then, believe what you must.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 206
Posted: 12/31/2014 9:04:13 AM
Many girls are getting their periods at 9 and 10 years old. Many are embarrassed about hair growing in "places", both boys and girls. So yes, puberty is starting sooner. Some theories for younger puberty IS how we eat, the hormones, antibiotics, chemicals sprayed on our veggies, etc. injected in our meat and poultry. Also better living conditions; we are warmer, dryer and fatter.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 207
Posted: 12/31/2014 9:32:31 AM
@vector

Two men or two women that are product of lesbian or homosexual relationship, is the context I implied, that you ignored specifically for whatever reason. And it wasn't in reply to you, had you read my post, read a page prior and im sure even a moron like you can connect the dots.

Ever try and straighten out the spelling errors before you post?

A contractor? What does that even mean? Are you general, or sub? Do you have your GC license? No, don't even lie about that. You are a sub contractor for a specific division that you bid on with regard to construction. Or you work small jobs, I've never worked on small jobs. The projects I worked on are high end commercial buildings, and high-rises that are encased in curtain wall systems. Curtain wall being load bearing glazing systems.

Lay out a set of stairs? What does that even mean? You don't lay out a set of stairs on plans, you create floor plans, elevations, and details to "lay out a set of stairs."

The wall connection was complicated, because architects create buildings in theory. Then the structural engineer works with the sub contractor to come up with a working connection that hopefully doesn't modify the final product in a less than flattering visual change that the client doesn't trip about.

The architect is the dreamer, the engineers and the spec. contractors come up with the working answer. The architect draws a generic system with specifications. When a different system is approved and used, you have to modify the conditions to meet the structural demands at critical points.

Which have to be drawn in anyway, because what matters are the dimensions of openings and rough openings and geometric segments that create certain radial demands. That requires a lot of engineering and practical application, that wasn't previously known as the spec contractor hadn't won the job and bid that specific system.

But you're so well versed in construction, im sure you know all about the process behind preliminary construction. You couldn't hire me, the work you do is too simplistic to warrant my attention.
 CharminC
Msg: 208
Posted: 12/31/2014 10:17:30 AM
Okay, I may be a little late to the game here but wtf does construction have to do with a discussion on homophobia?!!!!!!!!

SHUT UP!!!!!!

So--I have members of my family who are homosexual. Unfortunately, even though I was very clear early on about homophobia being a dealbreaker in my last relationship, it ended up being one of the reasons why it ended. I find myself very wary as I read profiles--perhaps not initiating a message even if I'm attracted by aspects of the profile--because certain religions tend to have very specific views on homosexuality. I know that I am making assumptions that I shouldn't, but I have been deeply hurt in the ending of this previous relationship and the realization that people say things that they don't mean about extremely important issues. I suppose the obvious thing to do is just state in my profile that homophobia is my dealbreaker. Is that any different than stating "no smoking"? Somehow it seems much more personal.

Your thoughts?

In case ya'll forgot the opening question
 calguy14
Msg: 209
Posted: 12/31/2014 1:07:44 PM
@walts
White kids because generally the age would be higher.OK,so apparently the earlier ages are due to weight,girls are heavier than in the past.Some males as well,with kids of African descent about a year earlier.I still think the overall picture can't be too much different.I don't see this as a valid reason for the actions of the Ontario government.

Walts,there are developmental differences between whites and blacks.If you have seen black babies you would notice that during the first year of birth their cognitive abilities and dexterity advance more quickly.Quit making assumptions that I do not read or study the world.

@vector
You forgot a very important step,which wouldn't concern you anyway.They don't just let architects dream dude.The estimator is the owner's man...
 CTRLvector
Msg: 210
Posted: 12/31/2014 1:56:09 PM

SHUT UP!!!!!!

So nothing about construction gets you off?

damn

I used to do estimation for the same division, only thing good about it is you're a solo operative. Bad thing about it is the process by way of completing estimation in an acceptable fashion changed by company standards. And those standards are based off of whatever method worked, so establishing yourself as an estimator really demanded splitting headaches.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 211
Posted: 12/31/2014 3:10:02 PM
"I don't see this as a valid reason for the actions of the Ontario government."

As Carmin so wonderfully pointed out, the decisions of the Ontario government, nor construction, is the topic of the thread. Now for Canadians, those in Ontario think they are from the centre of the universe, or at least Toronto is. But who cares, I'm sure they will sort things out.

As to the topic at hand, I'm sure even you, Calguy, wouldn't want to date a women who thought your brother was the evil incarnate just because he was gay..or would you? I just don't like azzholes and idiots. I'm good with nice folks of any gender, sexual orientation or colour.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 212
Posted: 12/31/2014 3:28:17 PM
They have southern Baptist freaks protesting funerals of dead soldiers because those freaks are under the impression that god is involved in killing American soldiers because of some type of perceived acceptance that America has with LGBT community. Which isn't even accurate, acceptance is far from applicable in most context and the majority of states.

What is the point of talking about the absurdity of crazies like that? Other than to affirm that they are disgusting excuses for what would otherwise be a decent human being.

Religious people are often the most backward and regressive, I mean the ones that come up with absurd conclusions, typically drawn from abstract definitions of right/wrong as translated by people who are just as subject to evil deed as any non religious person.

For the longest time mental illness was thought to be the work of demonic possession. That moral failing had to do with a lack of devotion. And the worst part - acceptance after repenting session. You have these people believing every angle of mythology, coming up with just as absurd conclusions for hatred and bigotry. And they still have the balls to claim omnipotence, what a great way to affirm idiocy and disregard decency.

I am not saying all religion is this way, but fanatics will be fanatics, and I am glad I didn't have to try and keep my cool with those freaks shouting "god hates fags" because a soldier lost his life.
 calguy14
Msg: 213
Posted: 12/31/2014 7:35:37 PM
@bluemoon
Nice folks yes.White people in Canada are quite tolerant,some grumbling here and there.I can't remember the last time I mentioned my brother or uncle,there are still people that might frown or be suspicious of you for this.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 214
Posted: 12/31/2014 7:59:50 PM
Yes Calguy, we Canadians aren't too cranky. I've always said that in Canada we don't care who you marry as long as they like hockey.

Happy New Year Calguy, I hope it's a good one for you. I'm starting it off with the flu.
 calguy14
Msg: 215
Posted: 1/1/2015 5:33:29 AM
^^
Happy New Year to you as well blue moon,and to all.Starting off the new year still in the midst of a renovation.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 216
Homophobia -- the Dealbreaker
Posted: 1/3/2015 6:56:00 PM
To correct the header which has been wrong for pages. . . .

I heard forty years ago that girls get their periods at about 100 pounds. According to google that's still about right on. Just that they're now reaching that a few years earlier. . . .

That of course, is barring hormone laden food in the diet. In Puerto Rico a few years ago, little girls were getting their periods at three and four. And little boys were being feminized. Due to the hormones that meat chickens were being subjected to. That was stopped. This has not been---->

A lot of the plastics in our daily lives break down into estrogenic compounds. Boys are being feminized at birth, and male fertility has declined about 50% in the past fifty years. Flame retardants on your furniture and rugs, off gassing. The lining in cans of canned tomatoes. . . . Clear plastic water bottles. . . . Goes on and on and on.

And, yes, I think most of the hate directed at gays, IS fear. If gay people are allowed to be happy, it might prove that *their* God, with his intolerance, is wrong. And then the whole foundation on which they've built everything, Every Thing comes down. MY Godde doesn't give a rat's azz about our attractions, just whether we love each other enough. Not being able to love enough is a deal breaker for me.

CuriousInDB
Msg: 217
Posted: 1/4/2015 1:40:30 AM

And, yes, I think most of the hate directed at gays, IS fear. If gay people are allowed to be happy, it might prove that *their* God, with his intolerance, is wrong. And then the whole foundation on which they've built everything, Every Thing comes down. MY Godde doesn't give a rat's azz about our attractions, just whether we love each other enough. Not being able to love enough is a deal breaker for me.

That's brilliant. So much is intolerance is explained by the bigotry of "believers".
 deetristate
Msg: 218
Posted: 1/4/2015 3:03:56 AM
Belief or "Godde" may have nothing to do with it in some circumstances. I know many people who are atheists ( I live in one of those "hip" neighborhoods and it is the "cool" thing now, you know?) who dislike being around gays or who are fine with gays but against gay marriage.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 219
Posted: 1/4/2015 3:22:33 AM

Belief or "Godde" may have nothing to do with it in some circumstances. I know many people who are atheists ( I live in one of those "hip" neighborhoods and it is the "cool" thing now, you know?) who dislike being around gays or who are fine with gays but against gay marriage.

Sure you do. Have them come to forums and tell us all about it.
 deetristate
Msg: 220
Posted: 1/4/2015 3:37:09 AM
I see that you must believe that one has to be religious to have not completely supportive views of homosexuality. OK.
 calguy14
Msg: 221
Posted: 1/4/2015 5:40:11 AM
^^^
@deet

Sure,people pretending....all kinds of facades.

To my perception,woman and woman is the more genuine gay coupling.

My uncle eventually had a genuine relationship.My brother has not achieved this.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 222
Posted: 1/4/2015 5:43:23 AM

Sure,people pretending....all kinds of facades.

Could you clarify that post, please?
 calguy14
Msg: 223
Posted: 1/4/2015 6:01:37 AM
^^^^
That wasn't directed at you in any way DB.....but certainly there are many people that for one reason or another make themselves out to be "party members".
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 224
Posted: 1/4/2015 6:03:23 AM
Hey, thanks. I have a drama queen here who is implying I'm running a fake profile/personna. Guess who?
 _shakti_
Msg: 225
Posted: 1/4/2015 7:31:14 AM
I can't stand prejudice in any form, it infuriates me. I just can't be around it.

When my oldest daughter was a teen, and asserting her own identity, she knew exactly which buttons to push, and this was one of them. She would rant and rave about gay people, and even accused me of being gay- 'why else would it bother you so much?!' lol.

Then a cross dressing teen boy moved in next door. Sometimes he would come out dressed as and acting like a boy, at other times dressed as a girl and totally flamboyant about it. That worked better than absolutely anything I could have said. He 'normalized' it for her.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Homophobia -- the Dealbreaker