Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are men really willing to wait for sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 strolly10
Msg: 256
Are men really willing to wait for sex?Page 12 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Not the ones ive known ;)..sex is so common place these days. Casual sex is everywhere, most ppl (women included) dont wait too long.
 hstkc
Msg: 257
Are men really willing to wait for sex?
Posted: 7/31/2012 11:26:47 PM
I dated the woman I ultimately married 3 years, no sex until our wedding night, didn't see her bra till our wedding night. I was 24 she was 21, we dated and married in the same church.

Best relationship since the divorce began on the first date, dinner together then she followed me back to my place for the night, and lasted 2 years, mostly her coming over just to spend the night, maybe going out, maybe not. I would have married her but she said from the beginning she just wanted a live-apart relationship.

Does waiting 2, 3, 4 months make for a better relationship? Not in that case.

It depends on what each one wants, and each one needs to be honest about what they want, right from the get-go.

In that example we both agreed we wanted a sexual relationship before we met in person, so when we met in person it was understood, if we liked each other we head to my place and get it on.

Like I said, it was the best relationship since my divorce, went smoother, lasted longer.

I wouldn't want that now. I'm hoping for a live-together relationship now, possibly marriage. It would make sense to date longer, make sure we're compatible enough to live together, then maybe begin sleeping together. But it would be followed by living together.
 puddin_boy
Msg: 258
Posted: 8/1/2012 7:03:42 AM
Short answer is yes... I am willing to wait until we both are ready.

I don't think anyone should be pressured into sex. I think that it should be a free expression of your feelings. Be it lust or love that drives you, it should come freely. Would I have sex on the first date? Probably not... I'm usually too nervous and self conscience on the first date... Would I wait months? I would hope that the timeline would be fluid... If you are saying that you need to feel comfortable first and that may take an undetermined amount of time, then I would wait. Is there a specific "time" that you expect to hold off? IE "I'm not putting out for 4 months"... If that is the case then you are controlling the relationship with sex... That is just as bad as pressuring someone to have sex.

Sex should be a natural thing that just happens because you both want it. Humans are sexual animals... I think there is only one other species that has sex for the fun of it... A species of monkey as I remember. Sex, in humans, was made to be fun or we would be like other animals and it would be emotionless. Sex is nurturing, healing, and a bonding experience for most people. Sex is like laughing... You don't know in advance that you are going to laugh, its spontaneous and best when not forced.

I think it is important that you communicate your feelings on the matter to your partner. If you don't he will feel that you don't care, or find him sexually appealing, or inadequate, or you are not really interested in him and he will head out the door.

I leave you with this thought for fun...
Sex is like snow... you never know how many inches you will get or how long it will last.
 CDigital78
Msg: 259
Posted: 8/1/2012 7:31:55 PM
I'm not willing to date someone with a much lower sex drive than me. Making me wait for sex for months means you are fine with going without sex for months, which means we have absolutely no reason to even attempt a relationship. I'm not willing to be punished for your past mistakes. If you slept with a bunch of guys and ended up getting ditched afterwards the problem is not sex or men, the problem is you making horrible choices in your love life. I'm not willing to date someone who uses sex and the withholding of it as a tool or measuring stick for my level of commitment because i have enough self respect to not put up with those silly games. And the second any kind of religious opposition to sex comes up i will be asking for the check and wondering what the hell made me think we had anything in common at all. Want to get to know me? sure, a couple weeks or 2-3 dates is a perfectly reasonable amount of time to get to know someone. Any longer than that and you are just jerking me around, and like the site says there are plenty of fish out there.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 260
Posted: 8/1/2012 8:01:22 PM
they say good things come to those who wait. well, id be willing to wait for good things and im sure quite a few men will agree. some women really are worth waiting for. however, not every woman is.
 mandycakes1
Msg: 261
Posted: 8/1/2012 9:20:56 PM
I am (obviously) a female and I can tell you that I personally do not invest too much into relationships until I know we are compatible sexually. Trust me -- that is huge let down.
 justlookingvt
Msg: 262
Posted: 8/4/2012 8:58:04 PM

Sex is complicated, ....

It cannot be that complicated... I can do it with one hand. :-)

PS: I've never won a talent contest.
 jayrayb
Msg: 263
Posted: 8/4/2012 10:33:42 PM
DITTO...........(from a 70 y/o)
 jayrayb
Msg: 264
Posted: 8/4/2012 10:35:19 PM
I was responding to Mandycakes 1
 Qbjohnnyz
Msg: 265
Posted: 8/5/2012 12:32:11 AM
I don't like to wait, sex is fun
 Wilrokurworld1
Msg: 266
Posted: 8/5/2012 10:48:41 AM
Do you know why women make wrong decision? Because while thinking the man she thinks she loves her is having sex with someone else making her believe he's waiting. So he is relaxed on that side of the relationship, and she loves that in him. Come on be real. We have a need and needs to be satisfied. If you are hungry would you wait a long time to eat?
 FishOwl
Msg: 267
Posted: 8/5/2012 10:50:28 AM
If there is, for whatever reason, no choice, you wait. HUMANS!!!!
 firefytertrk23
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2012 10:09:18 AM
hey pale well i guess im the exeption to that rule lol. I dont require sex to have a mental connection with a woman. Dont get me wrong i love sex but id rather have that bond thats deeper then sex. the one time iv been in love we didnt have sex for 6 months after we got together. and man was i amazing! so id rather wait and build that bond again before going to the bedroom (or wherever lol) but thats just me. i may only be 23 but iv been around for awhile. and i just want that special feeling again. so yes there are men willing to wait for sex. not many but there out there. You just have to look at how there were raised.
 firefytertrk23
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2012 10:10:27 AM
sorry in my post were i said I was amazing i meant IT was amazing sorry
 matchlight
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2012 10:28:35 AM
How long I'd be willing to wait would depend on how good other things with her were. I can't see spending time with a woman I was attracted to physically if she didn't have other qualitites I liked.
 MAB54
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2012 1:44:57 PM
Nope, there's no solid or legitimate reason to wait
 mark777771
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2012 4:08:40 PM
a few months? I think that would ruin the natural progression of things. Most women who make you wait too long arent worth the wait. They are using sex as a way to control the relationship.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 273
Posted: 9/14/2012 6:00:52 PM
I cant imagine a man waiting months and why would you? If you fancy the guy you want sex as much as he does and okay not straight way but I wouldnt want more than a few weeks myself. There is no guarantee that he wont disappear or you wont, anyway. If you talking dating site guys they are usually in for the fast hook up and they want sex primarily. Some women have sex early and they are dumped and then again very occasionally a relationship develops. You take your chances.
 sgtredleg
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2012 6:31:40 PM
Too much to accomplish and too little time!
Personally, I'll wait about a month or so but then things need to be happening. Longer than that and I am stagnating and not able to progress further into the relationship. I intend to keep my partner around awhile and passionate sex is a part of the arousing relationship I intend to have with the lady in my life!
 wildlifelover79
Msg: 275
Posted: 9/30/2012 3:21:04 PM
Not worth waiting for sex! If a woman wants to wait til engagement or marriage or whatever I will tell her bye bye! If I don't get any by date 3 then I say bye bye! I don't have the patience to wait! Life is too short especially for us men since we have shorter life expectancy.
 tallshyman
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2012 6:38:06 PM
I waited 30 years for sex I am ugly so I have a hard time meeting a woman.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2012 10:09:10 PM
You're 23.
You've had relationships, pleural, each of those was sexual from near the get go,

Darlin', you're not having relationships, you are having flings.

A relationship takes years to develop and yet you've had many?

My longest RELATIONSHIP lasted longer than you've been breathin'.

Try putting the cart behind the horse, where it belongs, and then see where things lead. You will never know the depth of intimacy that can engender until you do.

p.s., like the Ryan bus photo. You old enough to vote yet?

TK
[Yeah, I'm a prude. Sue me!]
 Foreverchocolate
Msg: 278
Posted: 10/1/2012 2:40:43 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 279
Posted: 10/1/2012 8:54:59 PM
When you get married and have kids, you're gonna be 'waiting' for a helluva lot more than just the 'right moment'.

If you have older brothers and sisters, don't be surprised if you eventually find out you were conceived at 7 am on a Tuesday morning because Mom and Dad had to share 10 minutes of shower time in-between getting the kids ready for school, and neither of them had the time to sneak back into the bedroom for condom.

Life's too short to worry about answering 200 questions about 'Is it the right time?' You'll KNOW if it's right. If you can't get past your insecure feelings about it, then don't do it. The major problems happen when you DO NOT TALK about it. If you cannot be open about your own feelings towards sex, then you are BOTH just playing a guessing game of sexual roulette.

Billy Crystal has a comedy routine about 30 years ago that was about what Men's and Women's bodies are saying to each other. Guy's bodies are always screaming, "NOW! NOW BABY, NOW!" Women's bodies are always questioning, "When?" "When?"
The funny part is, the "When?" question wasn't about sex at all - it's about 'when' is the garbage going to get taken out, or 'when' is he going to finish painting the basement? All this 'criteria' that needs to be accomplished before the woman will feel pleased her man is worthy of sex. Guys - well, "NOW" just plain means 'NOW'. There's gonna be a point when both 'voices' are silenced at the same time, but if you think it's just a two-word conversation;
"When?" "NOW!"
- you've got a lot to learn.
 docgrunt
Msg: 280
Posted: 10/2/2012 10:49:20 AM
I could wait as long as it takes. The key here is communication. Communicate that to your partner so they will understand where you are coming from so when that bridge gets crossed, when the sex comes, it will be even better.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are men really willing to wait for sex?