Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are men really willing to wait for sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lionesse19
Msg: 273
Are men really willing to wait for sex?Page 17 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
I cant imagine a man waiting months and why would you? If you fancy the guy you want sex as much as he does and okay not straight way but I wouldnt want more than a few weeks myself. There is no guarantee that he wont disappear or you wont, anyway. If you talking dating site guys they are usually in for the fast hook up and they want sex primarily. Some women have sex early and they are dumped and then again very occasionally a relationship develops. You take your chances.
 sgtredleg
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Are men really willing to wait for sex?
Posted: 9/14/2012 6:31:40 PM
Too much to accomplish and too little time!
Personally, I'll wait about a month or so but then things need to be happening. Longer than that and I am stagnating and not able to progress further into the relationship. I intend to keep my partner around awhile and passionate sex is a part of the arousing relationship I intend to have with the lady in my life!
 wildlifelover79
Msg: 275
Posted: 9/30/2012 3:21:04 PM
Not worth waiting for sex! If a woman wants to wait til engagement or marriage or whatever I will tell her bye bye! If I don't get any by date 3 then I say bye bye! I don't have the patience to wait! Life is too short especially for us men since we have shorter life expectancy.
 tallshyman
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2012 6:38:06 PM
I waited 30 years for sex I am ugly so I have a hard time meeting a woman.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2012 10:09:10 PM
You're 23.
You've had relationships, pleural, each of those was sexual from near the get go,

Darlin', you're not having relationships, you are having flings.

A relationship takes years to develop and yet you've had many?

My longest RELATIONSHIP lasted longer than you've been breathin'.

Try putting the cart behind the horse, where it belongs, and then see where things lead. You will never know the depth of intimacy that can engender until you do.

p.s., like the Ryan bus photo. You old enough to vote yet?

TK
[Yeah, I'm a prude. Sue me!]
 Foreverchocolate
Msg: 278
Posted: 10/1/2012 2:40:43 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 279
Posted: 10/1/2012 8:54:59 PM
When you get married and have kids, you're gonna be 'waiting' for a helluva lot more than just the 'right moment'.

If you have older brothers and sisters, don't be surprised if you eventually find out you were conceived at 7 am on a Tuesday morning because Mom and Dad had to share 10 minutes of shower time in-between getting the kids ready for school, and neither of them had the time to sneak back into the bedroom for condom.

Life's too short to worry about answering 200 questions about 'Is it the right time?' You'll KNOW if it's right. If you can't get past your insecure feelings about it, then don't do it. The major problems happen when you DO NOT TALK about it. If you cannot be open about your own feelings towards sex, then you are BOTH just playing a guessing game of sexual roulette.

Billy Crystal has a comedy routine about 30 years ago that was about what Men's and Women's bodies are saying to each other. Guy's bodies are always screaming, "NOW! NOW BABY, NOW!" Women's bodies are always questioning, "When?" "When?"
The funny part is, the "When?" question wasn't about sex at all - it's about 'when' is the garbage going to get taken out, or 'when' is he going to finish painting the basement? All this 'criteria' that needs to be accomplished before the woman will feel pleased her man is worthy of sex. Guys - well, "NOW" just plain means 'NOW'. There's gonna be a point when both 'voices' are silenced at the same time, but if you think it's just a two-word conversation;
"When?" "NOW!"
- you've got a lot to learn.
 docgrunt
Msg: 280
Posted: 10/2/2012 10:49:20 AM
I could wait as long as it takes. The key here is communication. Communicate that to your partner so they will understand where you are coming from so when that bridge gets crossed, when the sex comes, it will be even better.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are men really willing to wait for sex?