Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are men really willing to wait for sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 purfectmeow
Msg: 26
Are men really willing to wait for sex?Page 2 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
First I would like to admit to the fact I have been the female version of that pig. I dont go out of my way these days cause (like one poster mentioned) it isnt just about the sex now that Im older. Making healthy adult decisions involve other people as well. Am I willing to wait for sex? That depends..... If there is chemistry I want to know if it can be carried into the bedroom. If not I wont waste any one's time trying to hang onto something that wont work anyway. I am a sensual person and need to express my sexuality to remain interested in a romantic partner. Sexual compatibility has to be there. You cant make that happen just cause you want it. It has to be the entire package that makes a good fit. Waiting longer at my age isnt going to help. I dont believe so anyway.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 27
Are men really willing to wait for sex?
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:11:47 AM
Oink Oink Margo! Good to see you you sex fiend! lol
 ForReal1962
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:56:59 AM
You are awesome. There should be more men like you.
 1osubuckeye
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 10:19:36 AM

I think women tend to see themselves as a sexual commodity and
therefore seek a certain amount of control of her assumed position.

That being said,aren't women just as wanton/lustful as men deep down, and virtually cutting off thier
"noses to spite thier faces" by making men wait by manipulating them into a relationship first...sex last?

I love sex and men and don't see any reason to make MYSELF wait for sex,let alone a man I want to be with.

Sexual blackmail isn't the best way to get what you want from a man.

GREATEST POST OF ALL TIME!!!
 Rob3444
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:42:57 AM
Ya but do you want to be with such a goody two shoes?
 abelian
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:06:05 PM

So for the guys, would you really be willing to wait a few months before having sex with a woman you are dating?

A few months? Not a chance. A few dates, sure. After that we wouldn't be dating if we we hadn't had sex.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:06:28 PM
^^^If you say so.You have said in the past that a woman's worth diminished once you had sex with her though.

Maybe it's soort of like the old cow /new cow theory?

http://mehertareen.blogspot.com/2005/07/old-cow-new-cow-theory.html

“Rams and bulls are unmistakably resistant to repeating sex with the same female. A single bull can be relied upon to do the rounds of all the available cows, and a single ram will eventually service all the sheep in his domain. Male animals do not choose their mates randomly: they identify and reject those that they have already had sex with. In the case of rams and bulls it is notoriously difficult to fool them that a female is unfamiliar. Attempts to disguise an old partner by covering her face and body or masking her odors with other smells are usually unsuccessful. Somehow she is identified as "already serviced" and the male moves on to less familiar females.” Glenn Wilson, The Great Sex Divide

We know that ANYTHING new seems more appealing, be it a new pair of shoes you just have to have or a new book you’ve just bought and cant wait to read. There is a degree of mystery, excitement and pleasure that is associated with anything new. Perhaps this is because once we’ve had something for too long we start to take it for granted; the old becomes the standard and boring and anything new is seen as fresh/different and therefore thrilling. Even if we have the perfect partner, after a while, we start to take them for granted.

So...for you it was immediately after sex you were bored with them and ready for the next? And men wonder why women don't want to put out.
You can't win. Slut if too soon,prude if too long.

What can you men agree on so women can feel a certain amount of reassurance that you won't LEAVE one way or the other due to sex issues?
 damassteel
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:15:54 PM
Some good comments here.
I presently am witing for it to happen. Although the dating has only been for about 3 weeks and we've met three times. We've gotten "cozy" and have done a lot of making out, for the time being that's good enough for me. I'm sure if another month rolls by and still no sex, I'll start to question the whole business a bit. At this point in life my libido isn't pounding in my loins a million beats per minute, so that intense presure I was once a slave to has quieted a bit. We really seem to like one another genuinely, so I don't have any doubts that sex will soon become a part of our relationship. But no, the wait is not something that's concerning me(yet).
I 've started to approach dating more like a woman. By that I mean, needing more than raw attraction to keep me interested and really wanting to get to know someone a bit more than I once did before getting sexually involved.
I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but at this point in time emotional safety is a real factor for me and rushing into sex seems not a good idea.
I've had plenty of great sex over my lifetime , so I don't feel like I'm deprived or missing out in any way.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:20:04 PM

I 've started to approach dating more like a woman. By that I mean, needing more than raw attraction to keep me interested and really wanting to get to know someone a bit more than I once did before getting sexually involved.I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but at this point in time emotional safety is a real factor for me and rushing into sex seems not a good idea.

Correction.Some women.

Men aren't all "pigs" anymore than women are all "angels" in waiting.
 abelian
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:42:39 PM

^^^If you say so.You have said in the past that a woman's worth diminished once you had sex with her though.

I've never said any such thing.
 snowstorm22
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:43:36 PM
It's usually the christian guys....................
plenty of them around....
one day one of them will knock on your door, just bring him inside
 Frogy27
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 1:41:53 PM
i would never wait longer then a week if the woman dont do anything by then shes not in to sexualy our find you hot a nuff but woman who make men what months our yrs be for the have sex them woman will always have power over that man my favoirt line from woman iam just not ready to have sex like wtf do i got to do to make you ready for sex just bs woman use
 tennisman2388
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/25/2012 1:58:50 PM
The key is not how LONG we are waiting (within reason) , but WHY we are waiting.

If the woman is waiting to get comfortable and build a connection, and she seems geniunely sincere about it, that's fine.

However, if I sense the woman is using her sexuality as a power/control mechanism......either withholding sex in order to secure a long term commitment or to make sure every aspect is on her terms.......I'm out.
 damassteel
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:03:10 PM

Correction.Some women.

I stand corrected. So far in my history of dating, never more than a month, most often not more than two dates.
 wolfprincess0206
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:26:53 PM
men should be whiling to wait for sex until they really know the lady they are with. Some of us ladies are not ready to hit the hay first or second meeting. And men should be able to respect that. If not you know where their minds are : on sex and intercourse and that's it. not a meaningful relationship with a lady.
 ThreadMasterB
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:37:17 PM
Jesus Christ Froggy even ppl who speak ebonics feel sorry for you and pray your English gets better.
 ThreadMasterB
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/25/2012 3:14:38 PM
When you don't have sex you get frustrated
When you get frustrated you watch Sex And The City
When you watch Sex And The City you walk around in female shoes
Don't walk around in female shoes
Find someone to have sex with
 abelian
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/25/2012 3:59:32 PM
men should be whiling to wait for sex until they really know the lady they are with.

Why? You'll never really get to know someone until you have sex.

Some of us ladies are not ready to hit the hay first or second meeting.

I'm sure I could make it another date or two, but beyond that, I don't see the point. If you don't want to have sex until some length of time after you start dating someone, then don't have sex. Just don't expect to also be able to date men who aren't willing to wait. You have a choice to make, so make it and live with the results.
And men should be able to respect that.

I would respect that by not dating a woman who wanted to wait. I also wouldn't ask a woman for sex. If it didn't happen naturally without having to talk about it, I'd just let her find someone else.

If not you know where their minds are : on sex and intercourse and that's it. not a meaningful relationship with a lady.

The last time I waited longer than 2 dates was 25 years ago and I don't think my relationships were meaningless. I had sex with my fiancee after 2 dates and she's now wearing an engagement ring. If that's not a meaningful relationship, I don't know what is. It's the people you pick to have sex with that matters, not how soon you have sex.
 JSNC7
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 5:40:59 PM
"I have been divorced 4 years, was married 14 years. I made mistakes from my first marriage before we were married, one's I have learned from. I don't want another relationship that is sex based, yes a months of dating down the road I might be ready for the sex, but I don't want to date a man twice and then hop in the bed with him. I want to know he loves me for me, and not what's between my legs, and how good the head is. So for the guys, would you really be willing to wait a few months before having sex with a woman you are dating? "

I'm sorry to hear about your Marriage. Nearly 20 years ago, I dated a woman who had similar issues with men, and she wanted us to wait for a month. Because of her unfounded , and extreme Jealousy issues, our relationship would have ended exactly the same way, if she and I had first jumped each other's bones in the first hour, or 6 months later. Her Jealousy and mistrust issues were not about me, I just happened to be her target, because of her unresolved past.

If I'm with a woman, and we've been dating for awhile, I'm not being myself if I am not sharing communication, trust, affection, bonding, and other qualities. And sex is also a part of those qualities. If , in a committed relationship, I can't give ALL of myself to the woman I am with, and she won't do the same, I'm out of the picture.
 neck romancer
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:10:24 PM
Not a chance!

How did this thread survive?
 Sportsfreak89
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/25/2012 8:30:59 PM
Now that I think about it I remember reading something in a communications class in college:

"Men see sex as a way to build intimacy in a relationship, whereas women see sex as an indicator that intimacy has already been established."

Sound accurate to anyone?
 JSNC7
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 8:50:40 PM

How did this thread survive?"

Because not enough necks were romanced ? : )
 abelian
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/25/2012 10:48:34 PM
First time sex, or even the first few times, you're not in a position to judge whether the sex is great or not...

Sure I am, because I don't consider mechaanical skill or experience to be relevant, since anyone can learn the mechanical part.

Many people simply may be too nervous or may take a few times together to see what makes the other person tick...
Often the best sex happens quite a while down the road... not right off the bat...

Only for the person who equates good sex with mechanical skill. The only things that really matter are what can't be learned - imagination, intuition and sensuality. Those are self-evident in a person who has them, even if that person has little or no sexual experience.

Maybe the second date was NOT fabulous enough to make her want to sleep with him... YET....

Well, she'd get a couple of more dates to figure out I was fabulous enough or we wouldn't be a match.

Maybe women should simply NOT date any guy a second time unless he is so amazing that she knows that she will have sex the next time they see each other...

That's a pretty good idea, however, regardless of what women say to the contrary, most will will sleep with a guy quickly if the chemistry is there and no, I don't believe it's possible for a guy to create chemistry with a woman who isn't brain dead.

I find it strange that for myself, I usually know whether I want to have sex with a guy long before I know whether or not I actually want a realtionship with him.

I don't find that strange at all. Lots of people get married before they know whether or not they want to be in a relationship. You simply can't know a person well enough to know if you really want to be in a relationship for a long time because you can't know how well you get along with someone until you get along with them and have a few arguments. Sex is going to happen long before that, even if you wait 6 months or year for sex. Thinking that waiting a month or two will pin down the relationship first is just silly.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:14:25 PM
This applies to both men AND women does`nt it ?, i`ve had relationships at both end of the scale, ie, slept together the first time we met...on the other hand, there has also been times, where 5 or 6 weeks have passed from time of first meeting, and that was more than ok too,

I`ve been single almost 5 years now, and in the time, i hav`nt even kissed a woman, much less taken it further, someone previously mentioned that "guys get frustrated without sex" of course they do, but there`s a very simple remedy for that ;), ..

The thing is, every one is different, we have our own values, morals blah blah blah , for my part ?, well...good things are worth waiting for :O)
 JSNC7
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:42:13 AM
"The thing is, every one is different, we have our own values, morals blah blah blah , for my part ?, well...good things are worth waiting for :O)"

I would not make payments on a car for 6 months, never having test driven the car. My time is valuable to me, and I want to know ALL of a woman, and her aspects, and she the same with me. Not having sex is not knowing each other , as well as can be possible in the time constraints of how long they have known each other.... say, months.

Would I wait a month to sexually be with a woman ? Not likely at all.

Would it make a difference in the outcome of the relationship, if I waited a long time or not for sex with that woman? Very unlikely at my age, because I know myself well, and would expect my partner to have the same maturity about herself. If I were 18 again, it might be a different answer, and outcome.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are men really willing to wait for sex?