Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 2
Wondering Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Send a regular message first. The chat feature should only be used once mutual interest has been established. And ask in a regular message if she'd like to do the "chat" thing.
 bmore_goat
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Wondering
Posted: 4/24/2012 11:45:31 PM
You have the same problem, like more westerners, that you think people owe you their time. No one is obligated to speak to you. If they aren't interested, they don't owe you a reason why. Just move on. If you were in a bar, approached a woman, said "hi" and she walked away, would follow her and ask, why won't you talk to me?
Also, like me, I maybe on my iPhone or iPad when reading my POF messages and can't reply to chats.
Bottom line, chat isn't for everyone. It's a tool, not the holy grail.
 JSNC7
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Wondering
Posted: 4/24/2012 11:45:41 PM
"I have been on line and saw different ladies who i would love to chat with so i aproche them and most refuse the chatt request why.
Am i to bold i try to be respectfull when i ask, and not phusy , i say hello! how are you would you like to chatt?
Is this the wrong approach to getting to know someone?
You opinion ad maybe some advice would be helpfull thanks "

You're a man who smokes often, and you prefer not to detail the amount that you drink. So what are women to think ?

A lot of PEOPLE don't want to be around a cigarette smoker. Some, for various reasons. Many people won't kiss someone who smokes. I won't allow anyone to light a cigarette in my house. Period.

A woman who is interested in your profile, can only guess how much you drink, and how often.

Because you won't say. Maybe they won't bother to ask.

I hope that this helps.
 *november babee*
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Wondering
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:23:34 AM
Probabaly someone who is a bit less attractive would be more willing to chat (just a little FYI), and maybe a bit overweigth as well...those are usually the more desperate ones

how downright rude....!!!

i may be overweight but im by no means desperate. to some i may be attractive, so others not so much, but im still not desperate..
and im equally sure that others who are overweight are not desperate either...!!!!!!!

an unattractive attitude is just as offputting as an unattractive face/body type.......
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 22
Wondering
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:23:36 AM
I only would chat with someone close by since I am looking for a relationship. On many women's profiles it says they are not looking for chat relationship. I definitely wouldn't try them. I never answer a chat request. Send an email. Then if she answers ask if she wants to chat. I know I have no reason.to chat with a bunch of strangers. There is a small chance I may want to of I'm bored & have extra time. Bit I would look at his profile and see if we have anything in common. Wow I just read the quote above
& can't even believe that. Wow with that attitude I can't believe anyone would want u. I'm chubby and get lots of emails.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 24
Wondering
Posted: 4/25/2012 1:42:21 PM
No, he specified in his initial post that his "chat requests" were being refused. That's strongly indicative that he's talking about the Chat feature here.
 JSNC7
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Wondering
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:46:07 AM
" When he says "chatt" I'm almost sure he means thru messages(PM's) or maybe even on the phone.
I truly doubt he knows there is a "chat" option here."

The OP is roughly 10 years older than I am. And so is a well read , and knowledgeable member of my Family who knows more about Computers than I will ever care to know.
 JSNC7
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Wondering
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:46:58 AM
" When he says "chatt" I'm almost sure he means thru messages(PM's) or maybe even on the phone.
I truly doubt he knows there is a "chat" option here."

The OP is roughly 10 years older than I am. And so is a well read , and knowledgeable member of my Family who knows more about Computers than I will ever care to know. The OP might know more about a lot of things than I know. I haven't ASKED him : )
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >