Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tensail
Msg: 46
Should women accept money from men...Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
wat a sexist coment- vis isnt v 70s, vis is v age of v feminist.
 JSNC7
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Should women accept money from men...
Posted: 4/25/2012 10:23:28 PM
"this is why prostitution should be legal in all 50 states. sexual frustration would go WAY down...lol"

And, I think, so would the amount of men asking women for a date... at least for a little while.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:20:32 PM
JSNC7 I am not sure on this, we have legal prostitution, within the city limits, true its been here a hell of a long time, but we have a highly transient population (people move in and out all the time from other states) even with the guys the brothels are a novelty, lots visit but still look for a date. And yes, this sort of crap is topic of conversation around here :P
 platypus_man
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:38:43 AM
It is called the world's oldest profession for a reason. Lots of men believe that if you accept gifts/money, then you're implying that you will reciprocate in some way and give them something, and you know very well what they're interested in. Do what you know to be right. Do otherwise at your own risk.
 Pasionlatina529
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/28/2012 11:51:38 AM
Either way you cut it............the person is a LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't be an idiot and give time nor money to someone who isn't worth especially IF you know that is the outcome..smh
 DrummingNut
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/28/2012 5:43:27 PM

if she did not ask
if she was upfront about no sex
then if you want to give someone money they are free to except!
and i don't care who you are if you want to give me nsam (no strings attached money) i'm game! but i prefer cash

I agree.
 SONNI100
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/28/2012 7:52:52 PM
What?? Can't believe this thread wasn't deleted...
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/28/2012 8:21:39 PM
MSG 65...

Strykersdaddy.. you want to be my friend too?

I admire you wanting to help her, but she sounds like a train wreck and I sincerely hope you don't get derailed with her.. I'm sure she's a good person, but that's a huge financial mess she's in.

If she truly cannot work from medical,, she should be able to get disability.. I hope she's not pulling wool over your eyes and milking your generosity..
 Vannili
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2012 11:14:51 AM
A woman should not accept money from a man ,unless she is selling herself to him PERIOD....
Oh, unless it is her father who owes her a child support , birthday or any occasional money presents. just my 2 cent.
 Marksfishing
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2012 5:52:35 PM
I know someone that I wish I could help. I would if it was a buddy or family member. To bad it is inapproiate to help a single woman.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/8/2012 3:33:20 PM
I have a friend who does this.. He will give this girl money that he's sotra dating.. (it's a messed up relationship) she tries to say no and he leaves it in her mailbox or on her counter because he knows she needs it. She tried to give it back and he won't take it. Then he complains that she took his money and isn't giving it back. I watch this happen and I'm friend with him not her, I just know her. I told him, that if he did that to me, i wouldn't pay him back either. At that point, it's a gift, not a loan. Some men are just looking for reasons to complain. Honestly I think he's only upset because she will only casually date him. she's got 4 kids and 2 jobs and just no time for him, so she doesn't want him to waste his time waiting for her.
 L,A, Woman
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/8/2012 4:23:11 PM
If a woman accepts expensive gifts too soon you might think she does this with everyone. I would not accept a gift that was worth something too soon. A coffee or a tea or a desert or a dinner this is quite different. Most decent chicks don't accept expensive gifts early on. If you want to give her a gift think of something creative related to her likes or dislikes. Do not expect sexual favours when you give a gift either. This will make her trust you and endear her to you!
 Tallandsexy1
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2012 4:45:13 PM
Depends on what was implied in conversation prior to meeting men online. If a women is in hardship and has friend online who is just a very nice man why not but that is rare. I had accepted money from friend online and he didnt want anything in return like most aholes. I will pay him back and I appreciated the loan. Very rare to meet a man like him I was very lucky but Yes! most men want something in return whether you want to or not they will want something. I wouldnt have agreed to sexual favors if that was the case I was extremly lucky and blessed to have a real friend online.
 aussieblues
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2012 4:57:24 PM
"Oh look, a little trinket to add to my huge collection." ....."What, I cant keep it if I don't schtup you?"..."You gonna box me when I turn you down?"
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2012 2:08:42 PM

Yeah, a man shouldn't give money to women anyways. But it happens.

yes, women should not accept money from men, but, hey, it happens.
 friendshipcomesfirst
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/10/2012 1:56:27 AM
If she tells him that it's not going to happwn, and he's still expecting it that's HIS issue, not hers... if he offers to pay something and she accepts he is in the wrong for treating her like a hooker when she is not... not her for accepting help mucch needed.

If you believe a "monetary gift" requires a sexual favor you have issues. I had a friend give me $500 as a gift, no expectation of repayment of any sort... if I told him "you won't get laid in return" and he had withdrawn the offer, no problem... If he still gave the money and still expected to get laid, I would have taken the money, and not felt guilty in the least... not my problem if he's expecting things I made clear were not offered.

Any guy who expects money will get him sex should stick to prostitutes...
 Lowtones84
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/10/2012 3:11:59 AM
money being spent casually on a date shouldn't matter. You're a guy, you're dating, you should have a job and afford it.

if you're trying to buy affections, I think we all learned early on that technique never works.
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/10/2012 7:50:21 AM
NOTHING in life is" free".
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/10/2012 7:56:04 AM
Should women accept money and gifts from men, and they know that the man in question wants sex or a relationship, however, the woman has no intention of reciprocating what he wants, should she still accept money or gifts from that man?

Of course not! Gifts are very nice when a man is courting a woman, but if she doesn't like him in that way she shouldn't accept gifts to lead him on. But OP thinks a gift means he should get a sexual favor? There is something wrong with his thinking process.

Also, depending on the man, the woman may put herself in a situation where she gets hurt, because the man may snap and go off the deep end if he feels he was hustled.
That's rather disturbing, & being used or mislead is NOT a reason to turn around & act like an animal. If a man doesn't posess any self control, & does something to physically hurt her, then he needs to locked away from the rest of society.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2012 8:00:05 AM

Also, depending on the man, the woman may put herself in a situation where she gets hurt, because the man may snap and go off the deep end if he feels he was hustled.
Seriously? No man ever has the right to harm a woman... if he's handing over cash in the hopes of a relationship, then he's an idiot for treating the woman like a whore instead of a lady.

Now, I'm not advocating women taking money or gifts from men either so don't go getting your man shorts in a wad over my comment.
 badwolf4
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/9/2013 4:36:20 AM
I'd say yes. She should take it. What do gifts have to do with sex? It's not wrapped with a tag saying " I expect sex latter" is it?
 prime ribb
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/9/2013 9:53:14 AM
I think one should only give and be generous if it's from the kindness of his heart and he expects nothing in return. On occasion I would buy a woman at the bar a drink, but I would have to be in a generous mood to do so. Other than that, I would prefer to limit my drink buying only to a woman I'm going out with or friends.
 SuperFunGuy
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/9/2013 3:24:41 PM
If anyone's whining about money, simple, they can give it all to me. I'm sure I can find easy ways to spend it.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/9/2013 3:41:25 PM
I don't really think there is anything wrong with it if it's a gift, not expected and given of his own free will. Whatever the reason. I have an extremely hard time accepting things from men, but I'm having to learn to get over that. It's more of an issue of my own pride than anything else. I would do the same as long as the stipulations above are the same. It's a gift, he doesn't expect it and I give it of my own free will. Are we really to such a point in society that we not only can't trust each other (another thread I know) but we can't even give and receive gifts without there being something wrong with it? If my guy wants to take me away for the weekend and I decline because I can't afford to go and he decides to cover me, what am I supposed to say? no? I don't think so.. I'm pretty sure that would do more harm than good to our relationship.
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/10/2013 3:12:42 PM
I think adults should do whatever they want to do and the law should stay the heck out of it.

The bottom line is that if you don't really want to give someone a "gift" ,as in some thing you freely give to someone with no strings attached,then don't give anyone anything.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >