Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mtngypsy828
Msg: 32
Why dont guys like girls who like football?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Now that's interesting. I say on my profile that I like American football but it's not one of the things I talk to guys on this site about. I'm a football lovin girl from way back. I can discuss defensive options, the various qualities of receivers, did that team really have to give up three draft choices for that old quarterback. I argue over instant replay. It's only a Sunday kind of thing, though, and on Monday (before the game anyway) I return to being a woman.
I wonder sometimes if men think we're learning something from sports, some big secret, that we're not supposed to know. Maybe there should be a thread for men who like women who like football...then we can meet our Sunday afternoon sweeties!

Gypsy
 surfaceofficer
Msg: 34
Why dont guys like girls who like football?
Posted: 4/27/2012 8:23:46 AM
Emasculate; that was the word I was looking for last night but couldn't find.

Men who are use to dealing with strong women (being raised by one helps) aren't easily emasculated, but these men can be hard to find. Males have no natural ability to posture themselves against women because there is no innate need. Historically, the female of a relationship is regarded as docile and submissive. Women however since liberal moves of civil rights such as the movement for sufferage and feminism have had ample motivation to posture themselves against men; some are better practiced at it than others, while others mistakenly exhibit the worse qualities in men believing them to be a tenant of success (which sometimes they can be...rarely. Ann Coulter comes to mind)

When faced with a competitive or masculine (as in strong willed) women (getting back to your football topic)...a man who is not cognizant of his own masculinity deficiencies is made painfully aware of them and becomes defensive of it very quickly. This is a maturity issue, and not a problem with you. There are surprisingly few men who grow out of this because its based on learning experiences.

That's not to say that there aren't men who have matured pass their fear (actually, its closer to discomfort than fear) of strong or competitive women (who like football), but this is certainly a bad place to find such a man (so I hear). Here (incase you haven't noticed), a man will tell you he's seen every episode of "Greys Anatomy" twice if he thinks it'll get you to sleep with him (most men don't like long walks on the beach either).
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:01:03 AM
To hell with all of the psychological talk.

As long as you don't mind being touched where ever than let's see what you got. Touch or tackle? It doesn't really matter. It all ends up tackle in the end.

Pray for rain.
 snowstorm22
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:28:26 AM
you aren't looking in the right places :P guy's love girls
who can handle balls.

wait. that came out entirely wrong.
but yea, sports related things :P
 trinity818
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:29:04 AM
I not only like football, I used to run a Fantasy Football league. It was never a problem for any men I dated. ( I suppose those who had a problem with that, didn't ask me out in the first place. )

Understandably, what was more of a problem, was my desire to spend Sunday afternoons with my guy friends watching the games and giving each other a hard time.
 surfaceofficer
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:36:34 AM

To hell with all of the psychological talk.

As long as you don't mind being touched where ever than let's see what you got. Touch or tackle? It doesn't really matter. It all ends up tackle in the end.

Pray for rain.

So many sports themed euphemisms that I almost feel dirty for getting them all...almost.
 Fleuron
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/27/2012 12:05:23 PM

I meant exactly what I said, as evidenced by the collection of jars filled with testicles I keep in my basement.

Hilarious!

I grew up with three brothers and tons of neighborhood boys. I didn’t want to sit on the porch playing Barbies with the tidy girls; I played football with the boys and had fun. I even earned the nickname, ‘OJ’ and I swear that was because of my athletic skills.

OP. If some men don’t like you because you like football, forget ‘em and concentrate on the ones who like you the way you are. : )
 starofgaia
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/27/2012 12:16:14 PM
The people you meet are stupid.
You'll find somebody who'll care about you, for who you are,
 mrmisterme
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2012 12:27:22 PM

apparently theres alot wrong...im told that its not right for a woman to enjoy the sport simply because its a man sport and they dont want to date a" buddy"

Who told you that, a girl? Your mom? Your brother?

They have women's hockey teams now....maybe football is next.
 RT_2
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/27/2012 2:12:42 PM
Football fans tend to be intelligent. They require someone who can find the shift key, someone who uses punctuation.

Putting football or NFL or Steelers as an interest might be a good idea.

Wearing a jersey is not evidence of fandom. On this site a photo at a game in team apparel is usually taken by her ex and she's not a fan.

Gals who play football might prefer a husky guy. Because I'm built like a cornerback or kicker, they probably wouldn't think of me as more than a friend.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/27/2012 3:25:14 PM
My fiance is Australian and, although Australia is a sports loving country, he doesn't care to watch or play sports. I, on the other hand, am a football fanatic. Come August, I'm glued to the TV on Sundays and Monday nights. He's had to acclimate to it since, after all these years, I'm not about to change. He's getting more involved in the game as time goes on. He does like a baseball game in person though, so I might try and get him to a live football game also. Some men like women who enjoy sports and others feel it should be strictly 'males only'. Do what you enjoy and don't let a man make you act differently than you would if he wasn't around.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/27/2012 3:43:38 PM
I like a female that's likes to play football, I don't know what the rest of them other guys are saying? just like there are some females that enjoy UFC or Mixed Martial Arts, what's wrong with that?
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/27/2012 4:02:02 PM
I think somebody made up a thread because she wanted attention..

Hey I like football too!! PICK ME PICK ME!!
 purfectmeow
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/27/2012 4:34:34 PM
Most men enjoy the company of women and sports. Combine the two with willing and fun participants and bam they love it. I never dated a man that didnt like that about me and Im 47; I love football!
 1womanman33
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:22:43 PM

well im just wondering whats so wrong with a girl enjoying not only watching football but playing it as well? i mean i cant help that i like football its a fun hobby! pls id like honest feed back....

Thanks!

Because they're gay? That's the only way I can address a generalized, leading question like that. I would LOVE to talk to a woman that enjoyed watching football. That's like my Holy Grail...along with great chicken enchiladas and Trivial Pursuit skills. I'd buy a ring for that woman RIGHT NOW.
 excessivemayhem
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/27/2012 7:08:48 PM
oh HELL no...if i had met a woman like that a couple of years ago that LIKED football...i'd still be with her now. sadly, i've not met any woman in my life that liked football
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:22:40 AM
Just because a woman likes to take pride in her appearance does not make her shallow, boring and superficial

Correct but if a woman cannot be see without her "face" on or is forever checking and fussing over her appearance and smudging her makeup or breaking a nail is a major disaster then there is a good likelyhood that she is could be a bit self involved.

I personally prefer a woman who can get dressed up and be all girly at times but is equally comfortable without makeup and jewelry just doing stuff in her comfortable clothes.

Here is a link to video from near where I used to regularily go windsurfing reminding me of some of the girls I ran into at the gorge.

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/girls-longboard-at-over-40mph/1glx505km?from=en-ca-hpquad

Somehow I don't think either of those girls were concerned about breaking a nail or smudging thier makeup!

That used to be one of my favorite bicycle rides on an non windy when I was hanging out at the gorge... nice to see they finally put some fresh pavement on it.

BTW - Smiling gives your wrinkles to.
 good_catch77
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:56:15 AM
If I don't like someone its not because she likes football, romance novels, soap operas, knitting, hiking....etc.

That is just another excuse instead of telling the truth....sugar coating it per say.
 PITBULL-OWNER91
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:58:32 AM
Depends on the situation if its a tradition him an his friends share its most likely closed off to new comers (he wouldn't be allowed at girls night out right) same principal that or he's to worried about you getting hurt or felt up by the other players it really depends on the seriousness of how they play like I'm 5'11" tall 190lbs ex military and iv gotten broken ribs from playing with my friends
 TedJMill
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 9:16:35 AM
In my case it would be because I'm a guy who doesn't like football.
 RizerFizer
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/30/2012 4:38:44 PM
I personally dont like girls who are into football, i dont understand how a guy can suppoet that, its a bunch of of buff guys running around, you cant help but wonder. If youre a girl, youre not supposwd to be buff, youre not supposed to be a fat slob but pick some physical activity that corresponds with the female biology. Imagine a bf who likes pole dancing or cheer leading?
 CheezyChick
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/30/2012 4:48:29 PM

Most women dislike sports

Huh?
Umm..."Most" women speak for themselves, thank you:)

Im a big time hockey nut....but the NFL creeps into my Television screen every now and then. Especially when it gets down to the nitty-gritty.
In fact, Im getting ready to watch the Cowboys kick some Redskin butt in a bit!

If a man doesn't like me because I like football, he can kiss my Cowboy butt...lol
 spddmn1
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/30/2012 4:55:28 PM
I'd love to have a woman who loves sports, my ex wife wasn't into sports.
 RizerFizer
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/30/2012 6:33:57 PM
I never said women shouldnt be active, i said women watching male sports makes no sense on many levels e.g. the primary one i was referring about was women perving at men as men would be perving in the context of pole dancing. Thats one example, the other one is that male sports are about testosterone and physical contact, makes no sense to me why girls would be intetested.
 Fleuron
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/30/2012 7:58:20 PM

Thats one example, the other one is that male sports are about testosterone and physical contact, makes no sense to me why girls would be intetested.

Ha ha…..you answered your own question.

I love football. The tight uniforms and rippling muscles and all that yummy testosteroney aggression are just huge bonuses to the experience of the game.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >