Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetHeartedLady
Msg: 67
Why dont guys like girls who like football?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I think I'm going to start watching footballs after reading these remarks.. :)
 fetish4u
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Why dont guys like girls who like football?
Posted: 1/1/2013 9:35:51 PM
I thought most guys like women into sports.I hate sports so I'd prefer a woman not into sports.
 trinity818
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/6/2014 4:59:29 AM

i said women watching male sports makes no sense on many levels e.g. the primary one i was referring about was women perving at men as men would be perving in the context of pole dancing. Thats one example, the other one is that male sports are about testosterone and physical contact, makes no sense to me why girls would be intetested.

What makes no sense, is your post. Can't I just enjoy the game? I couldn't care less what they are wearing. Why do you get to decide what's appropriate for me to enjoy watching. I've been a football fan for quite a long time. If you can't understand how we could enjoy the game, you aren't a football fan.

So are you saying that it makes no sense for men to enjoy watching women's sporting events? Oops, there goes the Olympics.
 TOaks91360
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/6/2014 7:03:31 AM
Good for you. I personally run the other way when I see a profile that says Laker or Dodger girl. I don't watch sports. I jog and hike for fitness and that's it. To each their own. I sometimes think women think all men are sports fanatics so that's what they offer on their profiles? Or maybe they're like you and genuinely enjoy sports.

I don't see anything wrong with it, it just doesn't work for me because it's not an interest I have.
 DiezelPhoenix
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/6/2014 7:58:56 AM
As long as she's not a Dallas Cowboys' fan... it's all good.
 usmale6
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/6/2014 10:52:21 AM
Many women like football because it's a man's sport - what they really like is looking at guys.
 Midwest_Southwest2
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/6/2014 11:42:09 AM
When I had a profile, I stated that I like two certain teams, not to woo or wow men, but to note those particular teams. No matter how much I love him, I would not be able to spend certain days of the year with an Ohio State football fan, for instance. Some contacted me, and the issue of “those certain days” was addressed at the beginning. Being similarly devoted fans to our respective teams, we understood that those would have to be relationship-black-out days. That said, I never encountered a guy who was a college football fan or NHL fan who didn’t like that I was. Only the guys who didn’t like to watch sports didn’t like that about me. Some guys have been surprised that I have gamecenter on my phone but haven’t seemed to be revolted. My 22 year old daughter is also a big college football fan and a devoted NHL Wings fan and it seems to make guys more positive about her. She's dated football players and hockey players that really like it, probably because she understands what they're talking about.
 EricTheBrave
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/6/2014 11:47:43 AM

Only the guys who didn’t like to watch sports didn’t like that about me. Some guys have been surprised that I have gamecenter on my phone but haven’t seemed to be revolted.

Yeah, actually, the bigger disappointment can be when the woman's profile says "I'm a big fan of the NFL" and, it turns out, she doesn't know a time out from a tight end.
 Coma_White
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2014 12:21:56 PM
The OP would have a field day in my city. Every girl here says that they love football, hockey, 4 wheeling, dirt biking, hunting, fishing, and kickboxing. Maybe in some communities it's more normal than others. I don't really pay attention to what's popular though. You're not thinking for yourself if you follow trends.
 Maleman999
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/6/2014 2:36:17 PM
I wonder if I could find a woman who would like to watch lingerie football (Lingerie Football League is for real) if it's ever televised or comes to my area. It's like Hooters on steroids.
 sigungq
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2014 5:06:17 PM
I don't like girls who like Seattle. :-(
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/6/2014 7:20:19 PM

Many women like football because it's a man's sport - what they really like is looking at guys.

Yep! It's all those tight ends I tell ya! Gets me every time !! :)
-
When I was a junior/senior in high school, the "girls" got to play "powder puff" flag football (Juniors vs Seniors)
A few of the top football players got to be our coaches.......they sure did work us hard......! And I had a blast! I played center both years. I used to watch high school football all the time. However, I have been a HUGE basketball fan since 2003 when I attended my first Lakers game! Plus, my teenagers play basketball too. I much prefer to watch pro-basketball over pro-football anytime. But, I don't mind checking out tight ends here and there. ;)
-

Lingerie Football League is for real

I caught a glimpse of this one time, it's HILARIOUS.....the women look like Victoria Secret models playing flag football.
I must say, I think I was a better center. ;)
 chill78
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/7/2014 6:58:38 AM
I don't mind if a woman really likes sports. Or if she is a non-sports fan that respects the fact that I do like sports. However some women can be what I call "pink hats". They might claim to like sports and buy clothing from particular team(s) because it is the trendy thing to do. But they don't know the difference between a touchdown and a home run. Also some non-sports fans can be smug. They think they are better and more intelligent than sports fans simply because they have other interests. Both of these things can be annoying.
 dondea
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2014 12:53:59 PM
OP: Why don't guys like girls who like football?

Huh? Do you live on the moon or only date girls who don't like football? As NiceguyinLA said earlier:

<div class="quote">Since when do guys not like girls who like football? It's always cool to have a girl whose into sports.

Before I was married years ago, I dated many ladies who even went to both college and pro games. Heck, there is about equal men and women who are fans and watch and cheer their teams every Sunday during football season at my American Legion! Wow!
 4Forums
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/7/2014 11:27:19 PM
I cannot sit around all weekend and watch football. Especially if it is a nice day outside. I rather being doing something outdoors. I lived most of my life in tempered climate and if is above 60, I am not sitting around at a sports bar or on the couch wasting time.
 Crystal_Planet
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/8/2014 6:04:16 AM

When I had a profile, I stated that I like two certain teams, not to woo or wow men, but to note those particular teams. No matter how much I love him, I would not be able to spend certain days of the year with an Ohio State football fan, for instance.

Damn, I wished you lived closer to me - it sure would have been nice to have a shoulder to cry on this season.

My ex is an actually a dOSU fan. It made The Game that much more fun to watch - and it only took the loser 8 hours to get over it when the game was over.

Go Blue.
 Midwest_Southwest2
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/8/2014 10:41:32 AM
Campfires: Great description! I laughed all the way through it, because it’s so familiar. I love dating guys like the gal you were dating! So funny. It makes me just love how different and weird we all are, with our own quirky stuff. Indeed, to each their own, and vive la difference.

Damn, I wished you lived closer to me - it sure would have been nice to have a shoulder to cry on this season.

My ex is an actually a dOSU fan. It made The Game that much more fun to watch - and it only took the loser 8 hours to get over it when the game was over.

Go Blue.

Ah, Blue crystal planet… yeah… tears and angst. The Game was amazing this year, so much more than I expected. It’s great that you and your ex watched it together. Move to the US (hard sell, but…) and you’ll find Blues everywhere. I found my little bit of the tribe at a Michigan bar in my town. Autumn Saturdays there are like being home. You can cry on my shoulder any day, though I hope none of us will be crying next year.
 chill78
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/8/2014 10:43:11 AM

I cannot sit around all weekend and watch football. Especially if it is a nice day outside. I rather being doing something outdoors. I lived most of my life in tempered climate and if is above 60, I am not sitting around at a sports bar or on the couch wasting time

Being active and watching football is not mutually exclusive. I can do other things on Friday night, Saturday, and/or Sunday morning, and still watch football during Sunday afternoon. Also, there is no meaningful football for 7 months in a year. Including the spring and summer when the weather is usually better.
 TOaks91360
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/8/2014 10:43:22 AM
Replace football with contact sports. That should improve your luck:)
 cooldog65
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2014 4:43:16 AM

I wonder if I could find a woman who would like to watch lingerie football (Lingerie Football League is for real) if it's ever televised or comes to my area. It's like Hooters on steroids.

LFL has been renamed Legends Football League and we have the Seattle Mist.

I don't like girls who like Seattle. :-(

I do. Pause the game at halftime...She and I can let off some built up tension...Touchdown!
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2014 7:01:48 AM
Nothing wrong with a woman that likes sport.

However, if you are trying to appeal to a man because of it that is a bad idea. Most men like women that are feminine for the most part which is why the tom boy-ish types tend to have mixed results. This is also why telling a man how you have a degree and are trying to compete with him doesn't really lead to anywhere. Most men don't put that much emphasis on what degree you have or if you even have one.
 Iteration77
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/24/2014 7:18:29 AM
I've got a novel idea - why don't people (of either gender) just be themselves?

Participate in the activities you enjoy and be honest about it. Be who you are and then when you meet someone you click with, it has a better shot at being a decent match. They'll see who you are and if they like you, they will like you for who you are.

I happen to love sports. I played sports when I was younger, still work out, run in races and I'm an avid sports fan. I think it's fun. It's not right or wrong, it's simply me. If someone likes that about me, great (and frankly I've met plenty of guys who do indeed like that about me). If someone doesn't like that in a woman, they probably won't be interested in me and that's fine: nothing wrong with that at all. My goal isn't to appeal to everyone, nor should it be.

Why do we all make this so complicated?
 EricTheBrave
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/24/2014 8:59:43 AM

Why do we all make this so complicated?

Because that's the purpose of these forums. This is especially helpful for the elder segment -- keep the mind sharp, keep dementia at bay a while longer.
 sddude
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2014 9:51:21 AM
That question seem like it comes from another dimension or existance. I never heard guys complain about that
unless you know some very special ones, most guys either do not care or like that women like sports or that sport,
unless you look like a manly quarterback I see no reason for a guy to complain about that.I would not complain.
 chill78
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/24/2014 8:06:48 PM

I actually care what you or men think? I'm past the age of giving a crap and catering to men. Football is some stupid sport that men participate and watch because it makes them feel more macho than they are.

It's okay if you don't like football. But stereotyping people just because they have different interests is uncalled for.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >