Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 107
Why dont guys like girls who like football?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I like campfires.

They're warm.

I also like my arse kissed too though.

That, and other stuff.
 Mdpfla
Msg: 108
Why dont guys like girls who like football?
Posted: 3/3/2014 1:46:25 PM
I love a girl that likes football. Even more so, one that likes baseball.
 ZoopCoop
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/5/2014 2:59:05 AM
It is not your "football love" as to why someone does not like you, that is a reason someone is giving you because they can't articulate what they actually mean. It has more to do with your personality, appearance and attractiveness than anything remotely to do with football. For example say you looked like Jennifer Lawrence and had the personality of an Angel but you loved football would guys want to date that person? Remember "what about mary" Cameron Diaz loved football in that movie and every guy loved her. Football is not the issue here, neither is one particular interest it is a broader scope of how

Previous posters said things like "guys don't like aggressive" please ignore those comments, It is simply not true and bad advice. Aggressive has so many connotations its hard to define. What people dislike is the far left of aggressive which is called being passive aggressive, on the far right is domineering or ****y, a different problem. However aggressive is usually a very healthy and good thing in every relationship.
 chill78
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/8/2014 7:45:35 AM

If you live for a spectator sport instead of living your own life, you definitely have problems. Baseball is tolerable to me because you can sit outside in the sunshine and warmer weather, watch the game in person have klondikes and hot dogs shot to you by the mascot of a team and BS to people in the stands. Football is just a bunch of men that fall down and get up again to me in cold weather.

Being a fan of football doesn’t necessarily mean a person has “problems” or has no social life. As mentioned before, I can watch football on Sunday afternoon and do other things on Friday Night, Saturday, or even Sunday morning. BTW, in general there is more action in football compared to baseball.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/8/2014 9:05:17 AM
I like both football and baseball for wildly different reasons. When you are in an overtime game with the playoffs on the line (and bragging rights if you're with a fan of the opposing team) :) it can be incredibly fun to watch; fantasy you have to think, (and have luck), project and be a student of the game... And if you have a frustrating OC, you can go to the game and calle very single offensive play your team is going to play (and if you're right, it means you need to fire your coordinator, because if you can call them ahead so can the defense for the other team... and it is a whole lot easier to adjust when you know exactly what you are going to be facing every down and every situation.

Baseball is a TOTALLY different animal than football. Baseball is not a high adrenaline game start to finish like a lot of football is, but it is a very cerebral game with a ton of strategy, and ironically a lot of passion. Some people only like 14-8 games with baseball because they have more going on; but hwen you are playing in an interleague game with a pitcher going for a one hitter late in the game and they are up to bat, do you bench them for a high average pinch hitter and hope the reliever can keep it locked down if you get the run or keep them in there and hope someone else can get lucky?

Do you go for the suicide squeeze? Do you go for the sac fly or try and hit for the single? Swing for the fence or bunt to move up the runners? How much do you trust your hitters, how much can the runner manufacture on the basebaths to get into the pitcher's head? Do you put in the lefty against the righty, even though the righty has been hitting like crazy the past few games? Do you try and send the runner to take third with two outs when you are having incredible difficulty getting anything going?

Add to that gorgeous 80 degree nights, a cold beer and a dog and good company, baseball is a summer sport with incredible memories.

TOTALLy different watching that than watching football with a bunch of people (or one significant person) while you may or may not do something to disract yourself if you are hitting a bunch of three and outs and your QB is all over the place and telegraphing and the D is keying in... but when you hit a beautifully executed football game hitting on all cylinders, it can be a sweetly satisfying thing :)

football is a lot more than a bunch of big men falling down, and baseball is a WHOLE lot more than a snoozefest with a bunch of people standing around doing nothing.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >