Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 neck romancer
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Is he worth waiting for?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Thats really up to you.. Im kinda surprised you see it as an option... but if you dont want to deal with that than go on your merry way.
 mrmisterme
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Is he worth waiting for?
Posted: 4/27/2012 4:21:52 PM

He says he still wants me in his life but cant' have a relationship right now. Is he worth waiting to see what will happen or should I just drop him even as a friend and move on?

Let me flip this quarter and let Lady Luck decide. Heads, you drop him; tails, you wait.........Ready? (flip)....oops, it fell on the floor.....drat! it's rolling under the couch....aw, crap! I can't even see it, now....
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Is he worth waiting for?
Posted: 4/27/2012 4:32:06 PM
No, he isn't.

Read what gcdeb has said. I second every word of it.

My boyfriend has two young children with autism, and he sees them three afternoons a week and every other weekend. And not once, in 15 months of being with him, has he ever even cancelled a date with me because of this.

Sometimes I feel like a broken record, because I keep saying the same thing. But a man who wants to be with you, will be with you. Wild horses, raging streams, high mountains, unruly teenagers, NOTHING, will deter him from being with you.

A man who uses something like this to break up with you is not that into you. Period! Believe it. It will save you a lot of heartache and free you up for the one who is.
 neehill
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Is he worth waiting for?
Posted: 4/27/2012 4:38:57 PM
It seems highly unlikely that he will restart a relationship with you when this is all over, but I agree with whowho. If he wants you in his life he will show you through his actions. He will call you before bed at night if he has no other time. He will see you for short periods of time even if he cant be gone long. You will know within a month if he really wants you around.
 Walts
Msg: 20
Is he worth waiting for?
Posted: 4/27/2012 8:22:42 PM
If you OP, feel you "need" or "want" more out of this guy, than he can give ya, just dismiss him. Doesn't matter why he can't spend the time with you, because it's you, your feelings, etc that is the most important thing in the world. At the very least, you will be doing him a favour,and he will be able to be the father he should be to the son that requires him right now.

Honestly, with some replies of the replies these days on this type of subject, I sure am happy I am single. And I AM being completely serious here.

Stuff like this kinda blows my mind really

He is NOT worth waiting for. NO ONE IS
 Phenomenally43
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Is he worth waiting for?
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:29:57 PM
OP- its nice to feel wanted, but you need to decide what YOU want... Lots of people are simply fishing for attention and nothing more. IF you want a significant relationship AND are pulled toward this man, then wait... Cautiously... I'd still date around. You never know what can happen. It sounds like this guy has a full plate. Ask yourself if you want to sign up for his issues. This may be a blessing in disguise- he's showing you what his life is about and he's not bound to make you a priority over his troubled child. I wish you the best!
 Walts
Msg: 26
Is he worth waiting for?
Posted: 4/28/2012 8:04:21 AM
The OP has only dated the man for SIX freaking weeks.

SIX.

FOURTY TWO DAYS.

Vannili
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Is he worth waiting for?
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:02:46 AM
I agree with Msg.#16 and Msg.#18. for it doesn't make sense why he want to stop a serious relationship with you.. Perhaps it is another woman ,I don't really believe the cause is his son..
 WD1094
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Is he worth waiting for?
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:28:56 AM
Total BS. We all have issues and challenges in our lives. What could be better than to have a mate to support us through it all. He is seeing someone else. His excuse makes no sense at all and when it makes no sense it is a lie. Move on from this user. He has you on the back burner incase things don't work out with the other person he's seeing. What a jerk.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >