Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Anyone else only come here for the forums?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 208
Anyone else only come here for the forums?Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I have been messaged at least four times while participating in the forums, I think a couple times with a picture and a couple times without one so it serves it's purpose. Most of the time however it is just a great time killer.
 sigungq
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Anyone else only come here for the forums?
Posted: 2/22/2013 9:09:49 PM
Like you, I came looking for a date. Once I realized how the people on here really have no intention of dating, I started really enjoying the forums. Now I come here for them, and nothing else, as I know I will never find anyone here anyway.
 JS3344
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 9:11:24 PM
I'm dating the forums.......
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 211
Posted: 2/22/2013 10:46:33 PM
I gave up on dating and consider POF to be one of the worst of all the sites, but I still come to the forums. I dont usually start posts because they get shot down within hours, but it is interesting to add to the advice, try to be NICE to people here and read up on what others are going thru. I've learned some stuff.

There's ALOT of mean-ness here, so you have to sift thru the anger to get to the gems. There's actually alot of good advice, and good, solid in your face advice is a great thing, but the anger and assumptions that come with it from many here are not.

Pick and choose, grab the meaningful stuff, leave the spew.
 bottleguy
Msg: 212
Posted: 2/23/2013 7:01:01 AM
VolcanoKing, the reason they shoot so many new threads down is because some of these people have been here for ten years and to them everything is redundant. Don't take it personally. And you quit dating? Seriously? If you had to give up I might as well surrender right now . . .
 SouthernMarie
Msg: 213
Posted: 2/23/2013 7:10:18 AM
I browsed through some of the forums and comments this morning. Very interesting!!! It is a good way to express thoughts and get feedback.

Maybe this is a better way to meet than the "search" option....boy, that is getting redundant.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Anyone else only come here for the forums?