Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Anyone else only come here for the forums?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PamiOakley
Msg: 51
Anyone else only come here for the forums?Page 3 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I love the forums and spend far too much time reading them. I am open to dating though! :)
 ladyc4
Msg: 52
Anyone else only come here for the forums?
Posted: 4/28/2012 3:16:25 PM
97% for forums. Good place for the study of human nature relating to pair bonding.

I spent some time as a student on debate and forensic speaking teams, and am in an industry where a "gift of gab" (while maintaining honesty!) is useful. So the forums are good mental exercise.

While I do not stonewall local guys who contact me, I haven't really pursued dating lately- and I have found that for the most part dating has worked better for me, when it develops from meeting men with common interests IRL.This is not to imply that I have had BAD experiences with online dating-just that IRL seems to work better,generally speaking.
Cindy O
 DrummingNut
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/28/2012 4:51:09 PM
I come here for the forums. Started about 5 yrs ago.. returned a few times.

If there were no forums... I'd have been long gone and NOT returned.

I love the entertainment here.
 kaymacca
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/28/2012 5:40:04 PM
My profile is hidden I am only here for the forums. Many thanks to all that post here, I have learned so much.
 duckweed3330
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/28/2012 6:10:07 PM
For the Fish and Chip takeaway.
 largo2
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/28/2012 6:24:46 PM
Here for the forums. Not that I wouldnt date, but I think it's been a year since I have dated anyone from POF. So it's a good thing the forums are here!
 jackiejc
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/28/2012 6:30:21 PM
the forums .still hoping to meet someone and have started a relationship that I hope he is real lol!(time will tell) but not ready to sign off yet ! so the forums for me ,quite the entertainment ! Some are funny some are serious and some scary lol the whole package and didn't have to pay for cable!Oh and some actually are smart !
 sexyangel169
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/13/2012 6:15:17 AM

I came to this site about a month or so ago looking for a possible date. That's not worked out so well. Recently, though, I started browsing some of the topics here in the forums section and have found them more engaging than the search for a date.

I'm curious to know how many people spend the majority of their time looking for dates on this site as opposed to checking the forums.
\

You know you are right about the forums...this site for actual dating sucks S#@t.
Most men, not all but most, (so please don't think I'm putting all men in this spot), are only looking for one thing...to get laid. I've been on and off this site for awhile now. I mostly go on when I'm feeling lonely...to go on the forums. Seeing what other people are saying and going through helps me. I think to myself that I'm not the only one going though the bull crap of life. I hardly browse the list of men on here. I find the forums to be a hella lot more interesting.
 sexyangel169
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/13/2012 6:19:57 AM

I have pretty much given up on the dating aspect of this site-pretty much a joke as far as I'm concerned. I'm pretty much here just for the forums anymore, every now and then I'll chime in, but I generally just read whats going on.

I couldn't agree with you more.
Since a few years ago, I've given up on hope of ever finding a real connection on this site. But I love the forums and they really help
 Divine_huntress
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/13/2012 6:24:22 AM
The forums; went on a few dates, but realized that the stereotype of POF men was close to the truth (most likely the good ones left a while ago)... I hid my profile and come often to read and comment here.
 justlookingvt
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/13/2012 6:40:25 AM

..... Mr Seems Right

Just when I thought I had finally figured out how to build a Mr. Right... Spent 6 million dollars building the darn thing... now there is a new model out there... I guess I'll be ebaying this one...

Here for the forums and the occasional (read rare) meeting for coffee on the side.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2012 6:49:32 AM
Generally the only reason I'm here is the forums which I haven't really posted to much as they were pretty screwed up when they put the forums link only on the login page, yay they put it back. And to talk to friends who aren't on fb or some other site :)

I've been here for a while, think I discovered the forums about 6 months later and yup I was hooked.

The forums have netted me so many wonderful, intelligent and compassionate friends. I always figure if the site never nets a guy I am still way far ahead of me without ever knowing this place.
 MyHandsHurt
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/13/2012 9:47:09 AM
This forum is my new source of entertainment. And, being a writer, a source of inspiration. Last night I found the Worst Date Ever forum. Trying to find it.
As for the site.... i was stood up twice last weekend (that guy better have put down his dog, even though his profile says he has no pets. The other one I really don't care about but have seen him online every day since.) Luckily, I did meet a nice guy, so we'll see how that goes.
Here is how I do my site: check messages and usually delete; look at the people who "want" to meet me and then delete that email; finally, it's forum time.
Thank you POF for your forums!
 playfulpete
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/13/2012 10:02:03 AM
Love the forums but i am herte for both
 SMP_0712
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/13/2012 10:50:23 AM
I spend most of the time on the forums. The chat and inbox system for the profiles are so broken that I gave up.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/13/2012 12:20:51 PM
I waste most of my time in here,
in the forums.
Dating happens a a side interest.
:-P
 jonabella
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/13/2012 12:49:16 PM
last nite I couldn't believe what ppl post and the knowledge out there~pretty interesting
 PaminSD
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/13/2012 2:02:58 PM
Forums only. Profile is hidden. I gave up on the internet dating thing! LOL.
 cariboolady1
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/13/2012 2:10:31 PM
I like the forums. I skim through most as some are repetitive angsts that people go through on a regular basis.
Some topics are talked to death. Some are intriguing. Some are quite funny.
Most topics need some common sense. That is why the forums exist. For the person to have feedback that might help him or her in their confuddled state of mind.
 forums1
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/13/2012 2:18:19 PM
I came for the beer nuts, popcorn, and free coffee... and wound up staying for the forums.
 Casper66
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2012 2:31:50 PM
Mostly for the forums, but I do keep an active profile, just in case, I have met some good guys, but most seem to be only looking for a hookup lately, so I only stay for the forums, if they disappeared so would I. There are several regular posters that I really like, I find their posts helpful and insightful, there have been times that I LOL at some and others that I wonder how they even function, but it is always entertaining.
 purfectmeow
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/13/2012 3:04:33 PM
^ We all are we just dont know it. :)
 Lionesse19
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/13/2012 4:15:33 PM
I am here for the forums as it as the best on the free sites, that I know of. Forgot about the dating side after meeting a few losers and this is so much more interesting and enlightening. As for people bashing you should drop by Oasis with the filthy language and so on over there.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/13/2012 5:07:07 PM
I used this site when I was dating and I enjoyed interacting in the forums, there were a few more forum options back then as I recall.

No longer single but I've just come back to see what's happening in the forums again. They really are the best formatted forums around and a good way to exchange ideas with people around the world.

When I was single it was also a good way to meet and get a handle on potential friends beyond the information presented in their profile. People tend to reveal themselves more when they interact with others I've found.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2012 5:09:20 PM
this site has forums?!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Anyone else only come here for the forums?