Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Have the forums bit you in the butt?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I posted on forums about my BF because he refused to listen to me and was emotionally abusive and wanted unbiased feedback from ppl who do not know either one of us Just wanted to get an unbiased opinion based on FACTS.
 abee_normal
Msg: 8
Have the forums bit you in the butt?
Posted: 4/30/2012 7:11:08 AM
yes. I met someone on the forums.. we both used to post frequently, often compare notes on different OP's issues, etc. We were open and candid, which worked well inside the relationship. theres security knowing where the other is coming from, but there are times that I made her cry. A disclosure on the forums that wasnt discloused in person first, as part of response. I think that the number of forum posters who meet other forum posters, is very small, and we geographically turned into a long distance relationship post.

I think most users arent looking at posting history, unless they mention that they are on the forums.

If I am interested in someone locally, I can look the user name up, and have done so. There is an active forum poster now that shows up in all my local searches that would be a good match, but I am on hiatus from dating at the moment.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/30/2012 8:42:23 AM

Let's say you meet someone on PoF

Like that's going to happen.
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/30/2012 9:01:15 AM
I would be pretty pi*sed at someone with whom I trust, telling complete strangers on a forum that is worldwide that my feet pong when I wear leather!!!
Until you can prove that YOU are perfect then I'll rest my case. :)
 ohenryx
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2012 10:09:23 AM
No, I have never had that experience. I often wonder, though, if some of the heated discussions here (male bashing / female bashing) don't get some of the posters in trouble eventually. I know for sure there are some women on here that I would never ask for a date, just from the posts they have made. And I know for certain there are just as many men who would be considered un-dateable by the average woman based on their anti-female rhetoric here in the forums.

Hell, I would have to plead guilty to that one. I have made a few posts that I would not want a potential date to read. I do attempt to avoid that, but sometimes .....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >