Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do men over 50 really want the same?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 124
Do men over 50 really want the same?Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

I don't seem to have a problem with men at any age. Oh lucky me.

Now THAT made me laugh out loud for just a little too long. I gotta go catch my breath.
 shy2anne
Msg: 125
Do men over 50 really want the same?
Posted: 6/13/2012 5:48:09 PM
i'm going to offer this theory. and i know y'all might bash me for generalizing..
i think most women who are moms have the responsibility for raising the children. a lot of men don't.
so many women won't be attracted to someone their children's age.
i know i could never have a relationship with one of my son's friends! i just don't think that way. i see a 20 year old and whether or not he is good looking, i think i could have changed this kid's diapers or bandaged his booboos lol
i am NOT thinking of having a romantic relationship with him.
i don't want to feel like my partner's mother either! eww
i am wanting someone i can relate to. who has similar life experience. who knows something about pleasing a woman and can appreciate me for who i am, not just what i look like.
because like it or not, we are all getting older every day :)
many men don't think at all in those terms. they don't care if a young woman is their daughter's age or their granddaughter's age. they just see her as someone they might be able to have sex with. it's kind of creepy to me.
agree or no?
 FunnyGirly1
Msg: 126
Posted: 6/13/2012 5:57:13 PM
I will be 52 tomorrow. I get a lot of E.mails form men over 5o.
 BadBryan
Msg: 127
Posted: 6/13/2012 8:43:44 PM
Hi. I'm 50 and to me age means nothing. It is just a number. I look for the qualities I like and that I am attracted to, no matter "old" she may be (or "young' for that matter!)!
 free4all59
Msg: 128
Posted: 6/13/2012 10:21:54 PM
I dated women older than me when I was in my late 30's, and it seemed every one was interested in being my mother rather than my GF. Now that I'm over 50 the women my age are all preoccupied with their grandkids(they even have them in their profile pic's), I don't have any yet, and as sweet as yours may be I'm really not interested in taking a back seat to them.

women in their 40's are preferred they are past the chip on their shoulder 30's years and, before grandma years of their 50's
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2012 10:47:04 PM
freeforall, actually a lot of women are hot and not in 'grandma mode' in their 50's.

However, I recall reading one promising profile on Match.com. It then went on to something like 'one grandchild and eagerly awaiting the second one thats on its way'

Dodged that bullet....meet her and hear about the ins and outs of the new grandchild for for next year or so...ugh! No, I don't give a friggin darn how cute it looks (babies are ugly compared to puppies or kittens but don't tell their mothers) and NO, I don't want to hold the smelly thing. The thought of all the baby talk gives me the heebie-jeebies.
 Capn_America
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/14/2012 5:56:36 AM

I will be 52 tomorrow. I get a lot of E.mails form men over 5o

See? Women want younger guys too

LOL. We`re all the same.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2012 5:58:30 AM
Lilybayez,
My girlfriend and I can bore the heck out of anyone else when it comes to what we talk about...nature, art, gardening, vegetarian food etc. I'm not critical of any woman being in in grandma mode but it's just not compatable with my own expectations in a partner. It's healthy to cherish family. It's nice for a mother to be there for her daughter and for her grandchildren...my girlfriend is. I just want my woman's default position in life to be 'hot girlfriend'.
 guardianang
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/14/2012 3:11:01 PM
I am over fifty and really do not want to date younger women. I am realistic. I want a relationship with or around my own age.
 DameWrite
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2012 4:18:45 PM
I'm 47 and I'm not interested in dirty old men, chauvinistic pigs, couch potato grampas or beer bellied red necks. There are sooo many over 50 who are like this who hit on me. Sorry but if you can't keep up, won't be spontaneous, don't like my music, can't deal with my free spirit and you think you have more rights than I, back off...I'll date younger. Keep your hands and your lewd comments to yourself.
IF you are over fifty and aren't like that but you are cool and vital then I'd say, great to meet you, let's go do something!

It's not about age, it's about how you look after yourself and how you treat me.

That being said, I'm seeing someone who is younger but that's not why I'm seeing him. I thought he was older, and I younger ;)
 smilingrock
Msg: 134
Posted: 6/19/2012 5:08:36 AM
And why is you face blacked out? LOL
 willowgrrl
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/19/2012 3:41:06 PM
I was approached recently by two men over my age, one by 11 years, the other 15. I was charmed by their intelligence and the things we shared in common. Both suggested we first meet for lunch then make some other plans. One invited me also to share a trip with him for free, something he did each year with his friends (cruise to AK then fishing, yes!) and I imagined since he was with other couples, that he wanted someone to check out the scenery with.

Yet lunch didn't ever materialize. What did was an invite to "lunch" in the guys motorhome, after he had driven us to some remote beach (ie, no way out or back) and the other sent a highly disturbing sexualized email about how he was going to "pick me up, bring me to his house, put me in my room, etc. etc." So, both of these educated older men, both with adult daughters of their own, were looking to grossly take advantage of a woman. I blew them both out of the water.

My experience with my peers is that for whatever reason, they see women as forced companions (who cares if she wants to, make her do it) and sex objects. And one was alarmed enough at my shock, to take down his facebook page, etc. so he knew the bait and switch he was doing, was really wrong.

I would love to date a peer, a real one. But have not once, ever, met a man who didn't try and sexualize the simplest of relationships, without dropping a dime on even coffee. So I date younger, because for whatever reasons, younger men generally don't think that way or try to "trick" a stranger into doing them. So, younger it is. Forever.
 Luv_Lyfe
Msg: 136
Posted: 6/19/2012 4:39:35 PM

I'm new to dating sites and am starting to question whether men over 50 really want a women over 50 or do they have unrealistic expectations of finding a 30 - 40 year old?

Nothing unrealistic about it! I dated women in their thirties and forties while in my fifties and sixties. That is the normal thing for many men to do. Some men in their fifties can and do date women in their twenties. It is no big deal, just the way it is.
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 137
Posted: 6/19/2012 9:01:29 PM
I've been looking for a nice guy in his late 40's and early 50's and have YET to find one who is interested...so I started dating younger men...it's not by choice, but by necessity. Men over 45 treat me like dirt..expecting sex on the first date, texting and emailing about sex...where men in their 30's seem to treat me with respect...don't know whats up with that. I really prefer someone closer to my age..but they all have grandkids and that creeps me out.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 138
Posted: 6/19/2012 10:00:09 PM

I'm new to dating sites and am starting to question whether men over 50 really want a women over 50 or do they have unrealistic expectations of finding a 30 - 40 year old? I have found many men that share the same things I want but for one reason or another we don't seem to connect. I don't get it!

I'm a man over 50 and I have a 50-year-old woman and I'm pretty happy about it!

Of course, I can only speak for myself, there are also plenty of 50-something women who go after younger men and good luck to them too.

It's a big wide world out there OP and I'm sure you'll eventually bump into a bloke your age who's on the same page.

I would love to date a peer, a real one. But have not once, ever, met a man who didn't try and sexualize the simplest of relationships, without dropping a dime on even coffee. So I date younger, because for whatever reasons, younger men generally don't think that way or try to "trick" a stranger into doing them. So, younger it is. Forever.

That's such a shame, must be something in the water where you are? Although I'm not entirely sure the attitudes of those bad apples you describe are age-specific. I'm sure these men may have held those attitudes when they were younger too.
 Iona_Bob
Msg: 139
Posted: 6/20/2012 6:14:34 AM
Both suggested we first meet for lunch then make some other plans. One invited me also to share a trip with him for free, something he did each year with his friends (cruise to AK then fishing, yes!)

Is this attractive? Seriously, if someone started to fantasize out loud about me going away on an overnight trip with him before we even met I would find that an unsettling indicator of the type of dating objectives he is pursuing.

I imagined since he was with other couples, that he wanted someone to check out the scenery with.

You are, ostensibly, an adult. What you "imagine" your role could be in fulfilling a strange man's objective on a trip just goes to show how easily you are led and manipulated into believing that the outcome would be something that you would desire and could control.

Essentially, by expressing your interest (yes!), you have told him that you are available and that he has established the "price" for your "company." You should be astutue enough to know that, as the one who is footing the bill, it is only what he imagines things should be that count. The Woman is an interchangeable fixture. I hope you can't truly be so naive as to believe it was you, specifically, in whom he was interested. You hadn't even met!!!

I would not find it flattering or in any way reassuring. As a matter of fact, the idea of going out of state to "share a trip with him [a man I have not met] for free (... yes!)" makes my hair stand up on my neck and lends the idea that ANY woman would be a candidate to plug in to his "traveling companion" position.

Yet lunch didn't ever materialize. What did was an invite to "lunch" in the guys motorhome, after he had driven us to some remote beach (ie, no way out or back)

Maybe it was just the audition for the Alaska cruise.

Not sure by what stretch of the imagination a woman could feel safe and reassured enough (after being presented with such a proposal by a stranger - after all, that is what it is) to then jump in to a vehicle and put herself at the mercy of a driver for a first meet after he has as much as told her that any female will do to fill his fantasies.

I guess as we "mature," the type of candy that the pervs dangle changes and the type of individuals that hear what they want to hear in the vain hopes of being presented with their particular brand of "candy" just keep marching forward ... Always hoping that next offer of some implausible and, frankly, compromising situation will be their Willy Wonka gold ticket to a "free" vacation, a lavish meal or some other incentive to leave your common sense behind while indulging some princess delusions. (This is the kind of behavior that reeks of desperation to me. The "promise" of a yet-to-be-deliveredfree vacation, yes! and all boundaries and common sense evaporate.)

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true ...
 Capn_America
Msg: 140
Posted: 6/20/2012 6:21:58 AM

As SOON as I reach 50, I'll come back and post here.
No wait...end of the world is this year. DARN....

My answer to it, and many other questions on here, will always be; it depends. Some do, some dont. Some men just want to ****. Some men want a serious romantic relationship.

It's up to the women who date them to figure out which. Because most of them wont come outright and say it lol
 natgoat227
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2012 11:17:29 PM
I'd readily accept a Lady of my own age...if she still had' The Fire' to make a quality partner.
(Not 'The Fire' to argue and fight over trivial junk...I've had More than my share of That!)
I'm not saying that there aren't any quality women over 50...But the percentages of that fall sharply as age increases...
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 142
Posted: 6/21/2012 6:06:50 AM
Natgoat...I'd say the percentages of quality men over 50 fall sharply as age increases!
 socialnfun
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2012 2:32:44 PM
I find the same thing since I turned 50. The men that would be in my age range want younger.
 Lks2bhappy
Msg: 144
Posted: 6/21/2012 3:45:57 PM
Its rather hysterical the 60 yr olds who make there age 50 on here and then chase 30 yr olds. It is very common on here I have heard from many woman. If your in your 50s you should stick closer to your age. I dont think they will get anyone to answer them since there pictures really loook like they are 60. I feel bad for the 50 and 60 yr old woman on here. I think the 20 yr olds might be hitting on them LOL
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2012 4:29:37 PM

It is very common on here I have heard from many woman. If your in your 50s you should stick closer to your age. I dont think they will get anyone to answer them since there pictures really loook like they are 60

However, many women in their 50's look like sexy hot babes. Drool!!! My girlfriend is quite serious when she says she'd wear a sheet over her head before she'd get the granny look...'short hair, glasses and sensible shoes'.

The worse piece of advice ever dished out....dress your age. Ugh!!! The best advice is actually to dress some compromise betweeen classy and slut...sort of a vamp.
 DragonBits
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/21/2012 4:33:52 PM

Its rather hysterical the 60 yr olds who make there age 50 on here and then chase 30 yr olds. It is very common on here I have heard from many woman. If your in your 50s you should stick closer to your age. I dont think they will get anyone to answer them since there pictures really loook like they are 60. I feel bad for the 50 and 60 yr old woman on here. I think the 20 yr olds might be hitting on them LOL

In the end it all works out, the 30 yr old women the old men are chasing are really 50 year old women lying about their age and using old photos.
 scrider
Msg: 147
Posted: 6/21/2012 6:49:27 PM
Absolutely! You just haven't found the right one yet. This online dating is weird....and there are a lot of them out there.....both men and women. Hang in there. Someone will come along. It just takes time.
And, if you would like to talk to some one.....give me a shout. ;o)
 Thomas_Andronicus
Msg: 148
Posted: 6/21/2012 8:39:06 PM
I've gotten better with age. More handsome, smarter, in better shape cause I work out, and I'm more serious, dignified, and funny, lot's of gravitas, still have some hair and still strong, silent and humble. If any 50+ woman has done the same I would probably want to date her. This isn't likely so I tend towards the twenty-somethings, since the 30 somethings think they know it all. My only problem is that if I get into a serious relationship, I'll run out of time, actuarially speaking.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do men over 50 really want the same?