Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WD1094
Msg: 43
view profile
History
gf broke up with me, still wants to have sexPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Best to not go through with this Friend with benefits deal.. you will only get hurt and wish you didn't do it.

The relationship didn't work for her so don't hang around hoping things will change.

Break all contact, emails, txts, phone calls, SEX.. and you will heal faster. Sex is tempting but the heartache to come will override any pleasure you are going receive.

I predict she will come crawling back when you get a new GF. Don't fall for that. Keep the new gf.
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 44
view profile
History
gf broke up with me, still wants to have sex
Posted: 5/1/2012 4:09:05 PM

Red: thanks for the solid advice, clearly its not a good idea if its gonna just kill me after

Realist: I agree, and part of me only wants to help her so she DOESNT have to go screw some loser or get played. But also thats a decision she made so its her to figure it out. And if im not the one for her anyway, i shouldnt care if she meets someone.

Artemis a while ago: Your right i should be careful. And yeah prob time to start campaining some new females. Idk if thats what some of you dont get, i really dont need the pity sex. Why fall back on that when i can work on something new and possibly better.

But to all you people who say "your 21 you dont know what love is, youve never been in love". Give me a break people, i know people who have been married 50 years and met in their teens. I know a woman whos had 3 husbands, and looking back she says the only guy she ever truly loved was her highschool sweetheart. But she left him and by the time she came back he found a new woman who he was going to marry and still is married to today. Point is you dont know if someone you meet when your young or someone you meet when your 30 is the one for you. Just because your young doesnt mean you havent found the right person yet. You could find someone better down the road, and your chances are good if your young, but you could also find noone good and be miserable the rest of your life. With all the strange couples of people in this world, i think its safe to say love is blind. And i honestly think noone knows if people are really "in love" besides those the people involved. Outsiders are welcome to their opinions, but please dont present them as facts. Especially when what you know about me and this relationship is very minimal.

Some people like trying to use age as leverage against younger folks. I'm 36 and I know for a fact that there a lot of people quite a bit older than me who don't know sh*t! So anyone who tries to use age as a talking point, discard them completely. Well said Op.
 WD1094
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2012 4:30:52 PM
^^^^^
Have to agree with this guy. I know people who are 18 years old and brilliant and people who are 60 and are morons. We all mature but some at very slow rates. You can be in love at 10 years old. Age is irrelevant. You know it when you feel it. No one can deny that.
 carelesswhisper00
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/1/2012 9:11:19 PM
Gosh, don't put yourself in this kind of trap. I like to think that I am better than being his glory hole when it's convenient for him, so make it hard for him.....drop him like it's hot!
 tensail
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/3/2012 12:16:00 AM
shes using u 2 fill her emotional void through sex- beware, n it wont last long- she may try 2 hurt u n blame u 4 her em instability, gl.
 anthonyexclusive
Msg: 52
Posted: 5/3/2012 8:08:07 AM
not a bad thing if you just want sex. if you want a relationship, then no, move on and drop her.
 WD1094
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2012 2:51:34 PM
You'll be alright. Break the contact right away and you'll start to feel better in a week or two. She'll try to make contact because she wants sex so tell her you don't want contact so she knows you won't be replying to her messages. You have decent height and you are active; there will be women in your future. Theres a full summer ahead, enjoy the adventure of new people both pals and gals.
 jmark4
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/3/2012 4:54:07 PM
wow; I'm shocked that this is even a question.

If she said that to me you'd have to have 3 people pick me up off the ground from laughing so hard. I think get bent would be in my answer.

She knows you are still into her and she's evil in my book. I'd blow her off and laugh and finally be rid of her emotionally and physically. Wow she's a peach. The next time you pick someone pick the opposite of this person. She's treating you like a stray dog that she will play with as long as she doesn't have anything else going on.

you need to man up big time and blow her off
 briargate
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/13/2012 8:23:25 AM
Having gone through this very thing, take the advice to call it quits completely. This will force you to stop thinking about this girl, which is your first bit of work you need to do to detach from her emotionally. Then you need to get out there and meet someone else. Not having her around in the wings will allow that to happen without complications. You don't need her lurking around causing you to want to go back. Once you meet someone who is not half in half out, you'll forget all about that past relationship.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2012 8:40:34 AM
shouldn't you be rejoicing?
men PAY for what she is offering for free you know... boo hoo you.
j
 WanderingRain
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2012 8:43:38 AM
if you're as wise as some people seem to think, you will realize that true love will not throw you aside and just treat you as an unpaid whore.
 johndoeIII
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/13/2012 3:53:46 PM
Grudge **** her, and then tell her to bounce.
 oscarcartlidge
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2014 7:46:19 AM
H friend I am in exactly the same position at the moment so I feel your pain,right now the best thing to do is start being rational,and think of all the bad times you had together and hopefully you can see her for who she really is,its no fun being used,im trying to move on,hope you will do the same.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2014 8:09:33 AM
Been there, done that, don't do it.

A relationship ended with me and a girl after dating her for over an year, I wanted to cut off contact and take a break from her after our very bad break-up, she wanted to remain friends and still have sex. I obliged her and we would hook up every so often en0ugh that it justified in her mind that we were close to being back together but not enough that we were in a relationship, it was her way of holding on without actually holding on, after awhile I said "**** it" and I called the entire thing off. She also promised she wouldn't catch feelings and it would be no strings attached, she was full of shit.

I wouldn't do it because at the end of the day nothing will came of it, you're not going to get back together, it'll feel like you're dating again when you're not and someone will catch feelings for the other while the other one. She's afraid to move on so she wants to keep you around and you're afraid to move on so you're entertaining the idea and trying to justify it.
 hemingway114
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/9/2014 9:38:43 AM
The answer is, women fall out of love slowly. While her love for you may have dropped pass the point of no return, there's still something there. She's weening herself off of you. She's using you, because she has no other options yet. Eventually, she'll replace you with somebody else, when she finds him, and drop you cold. Sounds fun, huh?! When are you guys going to get smart, see the writing on the wall, and move on and start looking for a new girlfriend? He who drops first feels better about the whole deal, gets to exercise their own free will. When the love plane is going down, there is only one parachute.

Would a beautiful woman ever have to be alone?!
 petula1908
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/9/2014 3:51:34 PM
She wants an FWB with you and doesn't see you as a serious prospect for the future now. It is up to you to decide whether you want to be used for sex. SOme men wouldn't have a problem with that. If you have other options and I would be looking out for that, then tell her no. You will get over her in time but not whilst you are still having sex I would say. If she is attractive it wont be long before she with someone else and then how would you feel.
 Supersoulson
Msg: 73
GET A CLUE FOLKS
Posted: 11/9/2014 3:55:57 PM
THIS TOPIC IS 2 YEARS OLD
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 74
view profile
History
GET A CLUE FOLKS
Posted: 11/9/2014 6:30:49 PM
Sounds perfect, you're a lucky 2 year older guy now
 mike11091
Msg: 75
GET A CLUE FOLKS
Posted: 11/9/2014 8:22:45 PM

THIS TOPIC IS 2 YEARS OLD

Forum Necromancy.
 lynguistik
Msg: 76
Posted: 11/9/2014 9:13:08 PM
Depends on what *you're* looking for, OP. If you're looking to get married and settle down, she's not the one.
 babiebird
Msg: 77
Posted: 11/16/2014 1:15:08 PM
Respect her wishes.
Respect her body.
Respect her request.
Respect her without expectation.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/16/2014 2:17:06 PM
You get to be the kickstand and back door man while she vets new suitors. Yuck.
 _shakti_
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/17/2014 6:56:21 AM
I tried this once and was horrible at it. I truly didn't want to be with him but I thought that we could ease out slowly. It was actually his idea, and it was a terrible one. I could tell he was still feeling a lot and the guilt overwhelmed me. I ended up crying right after, which he took to mean that I had the same feelings as him. Ugh, never again.
 Dan198508
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/17/2014 7:03:15 AM
OP, it depends how mentally stable you are. Sex is healthy so if you can get it meanwhile and not care when she abandons you, by all means do xD
 Dee4166
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2014 7:08:15 AM
Don't understand why anyone would do this out of the gate,right after a breakup....

I HAVE however, had FWB's with exes after a year or so of not seeing each other, when we've both found ourselves at loose ends...
Worked out fine and no hard feelings when one or the other of us found someone else....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >