Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do men over 40 REALLY want sex all that much?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bovarious1234
Msg: 62
Do men over 40 REALLY want sex all that much?Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Don't know about most men, but I am 67 yrs. old and my desire for sex has grown rather than deminished. In fact the last woman I went to bed with who was 38 yrs. old called me a dirty old man. I never have heard about men in their forties not liking sex. That is a new one to me.
 DragonBits
Msg: 63
Do men over 40 REALLY want sex all that much?
Posted: 9/18/2012 11:07:15 AM
A lot of women believe that men over 50 can't perform well in bed, one reason I asked a general question.

Could be some want sex but when they find someone that is hungry they can't perform up to their own expectations. Hard for me to tell about about men, I only see a lot of threads about age in only a number / women 25 wanting to date a man who is 50. A lot of women then comment about a man losing their sexual prowess as then get older.
 DragonBits
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/20/2012 9:19:26 AM

this question really over simplifies the subject

No doubt you are right, it does over simply. But most people cannot parse complicated issues.

Really, it shouldn't be want sex, it should be how much sex can a man between 50-65 handle? Certainly for most performance does decline, random sex isn't as appealing and there are topics about older men / younger women relationships that suggest a younger woman will get frustrated by an older man.

Also many women report that older men just can get it up when needed.

I really didn't expect a lot men to admit this.

It really shouldn't be in the sex forum, as this is more relationship question, but the mods saw fit to move it.
Posted: 9/20/2012 4:59:04 PM
I'll repeat donald duck's question (155) - is this question a joke?

My appetite, and capability, is just fine, at 46. And was someone talking about love, relationships, and soulmates? I still want all that too. And not just lately, but always have.
 DragonBits
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/20/2012 7:43:21 PM
^^^ No disrespect meant, but your profile says.

"I’ve never been married, and have no children. I also was a 30 year old virgin, and might as well still be. By now, I probably shouldn’t bother with having a single’s profile anymore, but here I am anyway. "

I don't believe sex makes even your top 5 list of priories in life. How can you know your capabilities in the past and how they have changed?
 MAB54
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2012 7:57:26 AM
I'm 58 and don't have any problems getting an erection at all. I stopped smoking and cut back on my drinking. Now it seems I'm hornier than I ever was. Never realized that changing those two aspects of my life would boost my libido so much and give me a harder, firmer erection without having to take the little blue pill.
 cakforya
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/21/2012 9:02:39 AM
yes i am so glad i quit years ago, but to find a woman who wants it too is a problem in my case.
 rubyhunter61
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/22/2012 10:12:08 AM
i can not speak for other men but my drive has not decressed if anything it has incressed since 40 my ex sayes that sex is all i think about but if you dont get something you like it will stay on your mind a lot besides i love to make my partner fill the best they can
 fishyflight
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2012 1:00:40 PM
speaking only for myself ( and the many guys I've gotten opinions from). It's no more than a question of what I wanna spend my energy on. i.e...I'm self centered and I like to get off but not willing to spend hours of time and physical labor to do it--lol...at least not as often as I used to.
 MAB54
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2012 2:23:40 PM
Why not before and after the Tango Spitfiree?
 NCnavetG8r
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2012 7:26:21 PM

I'm 48, I think that qualifies as "over 40", and I'm still very much ready, willing and able. I've become more selective about who I would want to have sex with. But yeah, I still want it! Maybe that's what the original poster 2 years ago was getting at. Are men over 40 less likely to jump into bed with just any willing female? If that's the question, then I believe there probably is some truth in it. But gosh, until my doctor tells me my heart will explode if I have sex again, I think I'll be all about it!
 natgoat227
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 1:15:06 PM
Not really that much more than 15 yrs ago...but...I've been Widowed for 14....
I'm not sure if I Envy...or Pity the next Lady that displays an urge to catch me up!!
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 7:49:27 PM

Elgalawaat: you are not one bam thank you mom any more.

Ummm... ew!

. Do men over 40 REALLY want sex all that much?

I sure as hell hope so! The guys I have dated showed no indication of declining sex drive.
 MsMicki
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 7:59:51 PM

It's no more than a question of what I wanna spend my energy on. i.e...I'm self centered and I like to get off but not willing to spend hours of time and physical labor to do it--lol...at least not as often as I used to.

That didn't read well......sounds as if you want serviced and not have to spend any time giving your partner pleasure.

Which is the total opposite of what I have found with men over 40! They seem to be far more generous of a lover than guys in their 20's and early 30's.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 76
Posted: 9/24/2012 8:20:55 PM

Which is the total opposite of what I have found with men over 40! They seem to be far more generous of a lover than guys in their 20's and early 30's.

Us old blokes know what it's all about!
Posted: 9/25/2012 3:45:07 PM
166:

is that meant as a joke, or are you serious?
 NYCmasterplumber
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/25/2012 6:07:56 PM
Being 65 and making house calls there are a lot more women out there then men and thus with the right lady sex is always an option

There are lots of foreplay and after play options available to help even the dead become stiff if the lady and man knows how to make love and no look for a quickie

I still have not needed to use any pills but then again thankfully my blood pressure is normal without meds and I am in great shape I'm told
 DragonBits
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/26/2012 9:31:49 AM

I am 43 years old and I have a 28 year old girlfriend, I couldn't find a woman over 3o that could keep up. In my opinion I am more selective of who I date for the simple fact women these days date more for a free night out or a free meal. To say men over forty aren't as sexual I feel would be limited to the individual at hand not as a general statement.

Not my experience at all. Most women 35-40 at are their sexual peak, and can easily request more sex than a man can actually deliver. Not even sure what you mean by "keep up' ? Isn't the man the one that needs to keep something up? You probably just had bad luck with someone closer to your own age, scientifically women typically peak sexually in their late 30s.

To be practical, most of us that aren't retired need to work, so how much sex does one actually have the time for even if you do have the stamina?

I would agree with the last sentence, individual performance and libido for both men and women varies greatly, and not just with age.

My question was really directed more at women, they would have more experience with men that have some kind of ED. I have to guess men with ED aren't eager to share their problems, and really we only know about ourselves, not other men.
 HUNGREY
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/27/2012 9:10:47 AM
hell yes...I am over 50 and would do it every day if I had some one to do it with every day..More now that I have the time.
 littlewillyboy
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/19/2012 8:21:33 AM
I realy dont know abought all men but im 47 years old and I never have a problem getting it up but ive always had a realy good sex life
 noyes1963
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/19/2012 3:04:25 PM
Man im 49 and mine gets hard if it even gets a hint its going to get attention. Somtimes it gets hard for no reason at all. Over the years my sex drive has just gotten stronger ( if thats possible).
 CDC47591
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2012 10:47:43 PM
I am 51 and my sex drive is still quite strong. I was in a sexual relationship in the last year and I wanted and had sex nearly everyday, sometimes twice a day. I should say however that in my 30s I did it as much as 7 times a day. I am no longer in a relationship and I don't like to self pleasure as it is much less satisfying as sex with a partner; but I do just about every other day because my drive is still that strong. The men in my family stay sexually active into their 80s; but the do slow down to around once a week. However going 2 weeks is too long according to my grandfather at the tender age of 87.
 Softballmom194
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/21/2012 1:44:04 PM
Wow...that is great that your grandfather is still having sex at 87...that is great...I would love to be having me some sex at now let alone at 87....Hats off to the grandfather and great genes in your family... :)
 natgoat227
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2012 6:29:08 PM
I want it as much as I did when I was younger..
.but Now...
I get more enjoyment from _Giving_ the pleasure that a Lady derives from a ~larger than average~ member than
the old days!
If she's worth Making Love To . . . . She's worth the effort of Doing her Very Well..!!
 CDC47591
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:49:58 AM
Well he ;ived to be 98 before he went to his eternal rest. I hope I live that long. I also hope to be sexually attactive the whole time.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do men over 40 REALLY want sex all that much?