Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it true, in your experience, that after the first six months or ye      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Daisyrose73
Msg: 20
Is it true, in your experience, that after the first six months or year the honeymoon is over?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Well, in my first marriage we were together for 2 years before we married. I think the honeymoon period was over around the 8th month mark into our relationship but there was enough good qualities that we continued and got married. We after being together for 13 years took each other for granted, didn't work on the relationship and parted, we are able to maintain a friendship for the children which came easily because the last 5-10 years of our marriage we were more friends than lovers.

Some relationships post divorce seemed to end right at the 8 month mark or I knew they would end at that point. I would think is this what I want for the rest of my life?!

My current relationship, I can see where things have cooled down a bit over the past 7 months, but we make an effort to have a date night once a week or two (important when you have kids in the household), we are able to communicate effectively, and things are going well. Our relationship has had many outside stressors (a parent dying and dealing with the estate) and we worked through them all. We are planning on getting married in August. We will have lived together 8 months soon and we joke back and forth about him keeping in line to get over that 8 month hurdle. lol We both know that this is something that will last the test of time though.
 J_bird61
Msg: 21
Is it true, in your experience, that after the first six months or year the honeymoon is over?
Posted: 5/3/2012 7:50:15 PM
Yes.
6 months to 2 years. Natural progression of a relationship. Always.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 22
Is it true, in your experience, that after the first six months or year the honeymoon is over?
Posted: 5/3/2012 8:00:45 PM
If you choose wisely....
you grow together and it never ends.

If you don't....
yeah it gets old quick.
 Divine_huntress
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/3/2012 8:18:52 PM
Honeymoon stage = when we invent the characters of our partners, demanding they be what we need of them, and then feeling devastated when they refuse to perform the role we created in the first place. Yup it wears off; Love is deeper than that and it requires that we look at the other person realistically and accept every imperfection; it is seeing all the crap underneath them and say, yeah I can deal with that...
 ThatGuy1082
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/3/2012 8:42:23 PM
Depends on the communication between the partners and their expectations prior to. I've only been married once and was young, too young to know what's what or how to be in a relationship. If you respect one another as individuals first and realize that it's a colaboration of values, then it could be longer. But when you make too many personal sacrifices to keep the peace and one spouse grows to expect changes, or you to change to their image, that's when the honeymoon is over. Arguments happen, tempers flare, disrespectful words come out. It happens.
Overall I think a loooong courtship is necessary. Cohabitate to test the waters and see if you can handle the quirkiness of the other first. Planning a marriage takes work and lots of money. Ending a marriage is worse though.
 larissan04
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/3/2012 8:56:58 PM
i think, the honeymoon comes to an end when people stop creating the relationship. these relationship thingys don't run well on autopilot. it takes two people working hard at creating it together. that means everything from common goals and being creative sexually as well.
 tensail
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/3/2012 10:14:09 PM
actually ur heart will beat on its own acord wether men r ver or not, it also has ability to beat itself incese of outside breakdown. u read 2 many romance novels , become an adult n join v real world of rels.
 Hilly02
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/4/2012 12:46:00 AM

become an adult

And learn to spell and make sense ?
Jesus Christ....stop already.
But on topic.......its probably the feminists fault....everything is....apparently!
 abdieos74
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/4/2012 12:51:43 AM
Good question... I've been married four times and been engaged twice... So far from an expert, but in my experience I think it depends on the person you are with. Communication, mutual interests, upbringings, and attraction seem to play a big role.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/4/2012 6:10:05 AM
Sure there is. You can measure it by how soon a man farts in front of you & the honeymoon is truly over if you've experienced a dutch oven.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it true, in your experience, that after the first six months or year the honeymoon is over?