Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > DC vs Marvel?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 47
DC vs Marvel?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

I haven't looked at or for comic books since I was a kid-but is the comic book going the way of other printed media, where it will only be available on line-either currently or in the near future?

Not yet, and not in the very near future.

From econsultancy.com:

Physical comic book sales have been pushing against the tide of declining sales in other print media for some time now, with 2012 showing a 15% increase in sales year on year, and 2013 showing a similar trend.

The future of comic book reading is certainly tied into digital, and many other publishers are discovering this too. Image Comics, the third biggest publisher, has revealed that 15% of its total comic books sales are from digital.

Perhaps digital comics will attract back those traditional readers who wandered away from their comic book stores many years ago.

There are more comic book titles available in print now than ever before.
DC vs Marvel?
Posted: 5/13/2016 6:45:43 PM
The one thing about comics which I was a late-comer in discovering or having any understanding of or appreciation for, that would be the one thing which I hope isn't lost no matter what media form...is the art of telling a very large part of the story with pictures instead of words, possibly even the majority of the story. Still-pictures, not moving-pictures.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 49
DC vs Marvel?
Posted: 6/10/2016 9:08:31 PM
The only one I like is Batman. Superman is okay for the sheer entertainment value, but I find the concept of him getting his superpowers because our sun is yellow to be totally ridiculous.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 50
view profile
History
DC vs Marvel?
Posted: 6/11/2016 1:18:46 PM
(I'm basing this entirely off movie adaptations because I've seen literally every one of those but haven't touched a comic book since the 1980s.) Batman is the only DC character I like at all (I find Superman's near indestructability very boring and the character himself kinda lame), but I like Batman more than all the Marvel characters. If I were listing my top 5 favorite comic book adaptations, they would all be Batman except "Deadpool." Ironman, Guardians of the Galaxy, some of the other X-Men movies and the first "Avengers" are fairly enjoyable, but I don't have any strong interest to watch them over and over again like "Dark Knight," "Dark Knight Rises" and the Burton "Batmans" (plus "Batman Forever" is a guilty pleasure because Jim Carrey is so "over the top"). One of my friends and actor in my movie was also in "Ant-Man" so I have a special affinity for it.
 kj521
Msg: 51
DC vs Marvel?
Posted: 6/11/2016 2:00:36 PM
I am an Iron Man fan all the way!!!

The actor who plays him might have a teeny tiny bit to do with it....but I'm not sure. ;)
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 52
DC vs Marvel?
Posted: 6/18/2016 6:49:25 AM
Marvel always

comic book junkie as a kid
 SuperMGX
Msg: 53
view profile
History
DC vs Marvel?
Posted: 7/19/2016 11:53:01 AM
Oooooh, this is complicated.

Back in the day, I've always liked Marvel more than DC, but liked DC too.

Nowadays, I like the Marvel's movies way better than the actual comics. Marvel's comics aren't what they used to be. I don't like the way that they are handled. Their characters are way more familiar to me because they aren't getting replaced by sidekicks. I'd rather for them to create NEW diverse characters than change up existing characters to cater to a flighty new audience. The lack of continuity is also a turn off. Currently, I like DC's comics better than Marvel's.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > DC vs Marvel?