Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
Need Advice.....Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Have you tried contacting him during the week?
 neck romancer
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Need Advice.....
Posted: 5/8/2012 1:34:38 AM
its possible he has a wife on the side.. but its possible he doesnt have computer access during the week.
We can only guess.
 jmark4
Msg: 6
Need Advice.....
Posted: 5/8/2012 1:40:08 AM
ask him and see what he says. I agree with neck; something sounds fishy. I'd ask.
 Brissy1985
Msg: 7
Need Advice.....
Posted: 5/8/2012 3:09:10 AM
why don't you just ask him
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 8
Need Advice.....
Posted: 5/8/2012 5:25:41 AM
Anything is possible but a different idea is that maybe he has a life outside of the internet & only has free time on weekends. Strange how the long hours of chat time has yet to materialize into a meet or even to ask him this question.
 windchymes
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Need Advice.....
Posted: 5/9/2012 5:41:04 AM
I had to laugh at "wife on the side", too. Sign of the times, the "ME" generation. Those damn wives keep getting in the way of a good potential boyfriend, lol.

OP, you're only a chat buddy for when he's bored on the weekends. If this is going to go anywhere, I'd be bumping this up to talking on the phone. If he wants it, give him your number, it's no big deal just to talk.

It might also be that he works and has his kids during the week and they go to mom's on the weekends, which frees up his time??? Just a guess.
 mrbreezeet1
Msg: 14
Need Advice.....
Posted: 6/22/2012 3:19:18 PM
OK OP, so what ever happened?
 mrbreezeet1
Msg: 16
Need Advice.....
Posted: 6/23/2012 9:46:39 AM

Seems some people are curious as to what happened.....lol

Yeah, was just wondering. It's nice to follow up to though.
People take the time to answer and give there thoughts, then
Bam!
That's the end of that thread.
They do that a lot of forums seeking advise about car problems, or home related problems, where it would have been nice to know the outcome, it helps us all learn.
From this we learned ,
"Turns out he was just very busy during the week." and It does not always mean there was something "fishy" going on.....................LOL
 Jason022679
Msg: 17
Need Advice.....
Posted: 6/23/2012 5:34:47 PM
They did a study about online dating and found that while it is an effective way to meet people the longer you email the worse off you are. Basically, you should talk over the phone or face-to-face as soon as possible. The longer you stay "virtual" the more expectations and concerns grow. Also, be cautious about anyone who only talks to you during certain time...if you can't call him at any time day or night drop him.

I knew a girl that dated a guy in Waco Texas. He had a great apartment, their sex life was wonderful etc.. However, he was alway unavailable on the weekends. Turns out he had a house in Houston and would visit his wife and kids on the weekend but would stay in his apartment in Waco during the week for work. The wife found the girlfriends number on the phone bill and gave her a call....he's now divorced.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >