Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 techguy
Msg: 37
Stuck on younger women.Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Well what do you do when you need to look at younger women just to find someone that isn't already married and has kids?

I've never been married. I don't have kids. I want any woman I date to meet that same criteria. That's tough to find when you get into your 30's. :(
 OyVay...
Msg: 38
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/24/2012 12:34:37 PM
"Someone said once that the older woman are just jealous of a man wanting a younger woman."

I disagree entirely on this! I suppose there are a few women who care, no different than a few guys caring about some issue that would make no sense.

I've seen as many women between 42 and 59 who seek a younger guy, just like the guys looking for a younger gal.

Frankly who cares? Look for what you want, same for the ladies. Though don't be surprised by an "ewwww" reaction from some younger ladies...

One aspect of my POV is that you lived that decade of difference already. You already "been there..done that..got the t-shirt", they haven't(younger people)...while you may desire a hawt young thing, does that really mean it's going to be a good relationship for her? You already went through your 20's, 30' s and 40's...now you want a do over, living youth vicariously through her? Hey you made your decisions during that age, now it's their turn.

I'm not saying it can't work, I'm saying the odds are against it..

again...this is just my opinion...hey, we all have them!
 Fleuron
Msg: 40
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/26/2012 12:35:02 AM

I bet every feminist reading this hates my guts. Lol

Why? I pity your poor story telling skills. A second grader could come up with a more convincing story.

In the future, don’t lay it on so thick.

I think it’s freakin hilarious some guys are believing you.

OP. I hear ya. I have to date younger guys because I’m immature. And I’m scary. And younger guys don’t know any better.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 41
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/29/2012 1:36:12 AM
JTroundtwo - I don't think you look younger than your age, but I do think you look good for your age. (in my 100% heterosexual opinion) Dating women ten years younger shouldn't be much of a problem.

Well, unless you're a total schmuck.
 sue7272
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/29/2012 5:42:09 PM
well put. i would have said the same thing. you have to get to know the person. some older women act younger than the young, we like to have fun, do new things to and be active as you are.
 sue7272
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/29/2012 6:01:45 PM
of course we are jealous. everything is firm, standing up and ready to go, but so am i. just like guys are jealous of older women with younger guys. you know the same thing happens to us, we get hit on by younger guys, mostly a money thing, same as the guys, so we all have fun, try them out and see if we can caught our youth again. it doesnt hurt anything. chalk it up as experience. than we go for someone our own age, because we discover we have to have someone knows who the birds was, or JFK.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 44
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/30/2012 6:41:05 AM
OP - you have a great head of hair! That definitely helps you look more youthful and makes you a rarity in men over 30, from everything I've seen on POF.

Hey, if ladies 10 years younger than yourself are what you're attracted to, then stick to your guns.

It's a pretty common complaint here on the forums - most users say the ones they're interested in don't return that interest, but they hear from other members they don't find very attractive at all. That seems to be the rule here, rather than the exception. Hell, I just got a message from an aged biker who was bald on top with a long grey ponytail, and wearing leather. He claimed to be around my age but he looks 70 years old in all his pictures. ::::Shudder:::::

Yeah, good times.

Welcome to the wonderful world of online dating. LOL
 roguevampire
Msg: 45
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/30/2012 10:15:43 AM
I can't help but laugh when you said dating a younger woman of 35. lol. To me thats just funny. Younger woman to me is 19-22. Thats a younger woman. Regardless of a mans age, men are thought of differently with regards to age. While men are considered in their prime up till late 40s. just look at hollywood. Just look at Robert Downey Jr. Playing Ironman, this guy is mid to late 40s. yet nobody ever calls him middleage or old. same goes for most of the top male movie stars. Even the rock, just turned 40. yet most people consider him a young dude.

While you will never ever ever see a woman over 35 ever play an action hero role. Unfortunately, its the culture we live in. It says women over 35, are old. So when he says dating a younger woman, I can't help but laugh.
 roguevampire
Msg: 46
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/30/2012 10:19:54 AM
Why is it believed that as a man gets chronologically older, his taste in women must also get older. That makes no sense to me. I have always been attracted to 19-25 yr old women. When i was 19 and now. My tastes haven't changed. Theres a variety of reasons for my preference. 1. They look much nicer. 2 way less baggage. 3. I don't want to be #35 in their list of sexual partners. while some like an older more experienced woman, I find that totally unappealing. That just means all the more she can compare you with her previous boyfriends. She will be harder to please. I want a student, not a teacher.
 roguevampire
Msg: 47
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/30/2012 10:47:00 AM
But why should a person increase his age preference just cause he is getting older. Men and women age differently. It has nothing at all to do with denial. If person at age 21 is attracted to 19-23 yr old girls when he was younger, why makes people think his desire for those same age women is going to suddenly dissapear. When women in their 20s say they would never date a guy 40+ I just laugh. I'd bet my life, that any of those girls would date Johnny depp in a heart beat. how about the rock. Who just turned 40. remember, 40 today isn't what it once was. Guys age much slower than women do and look far better. If of course they take care of themselves. No woman alive in their 20s would turn down the rock or johnny depp. if they say they would, they are lying to themselves and to others.
 Fleuron
Msg: 49
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/30/2012 4:03:04 PM
^^^^
That’s not been my experience, at all.

You think younger guys use older women for laughs, because you think they look foolish with older women?? Maybe they think they look damn lucky.
 UrFriend4Now
Msg: 50
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/30/2012 6:43:54 PM
I say.. just date whoever makes you happy. 33-38 isnt robbing the cradle. YOu can be somebody's Tom Cruise..Live your life. My problem is that I'm 40 and I'm getting offers from 21-56..I think my settings are off or something. I really want someone that is around my age without baggage. Can't find it on POF. Either his teeth are bad, head is shaped funny, broke or something. Just can't find anyone that I'm attracted to. With that being said, embrace getting older. In 5 years I will be 46 and I'm not going to let it bother me one bit. Good luck!
 fillyphilly
Msg: 51
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/30/2012 7:48:10 PM
Well Domo I know a couple of beautiful 60 year old women happily dating 40 something year old men so I don't know at what age looks fade. All of them are quite happy. I've dated plenty of younger men and they had a vibrancy about them that I loved and they treated me so well that I ended up marrying one of them so I can certainly understand men dating younger as well.
 roguevampire
Msg: 52
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/31/2012 4:52:05 AM
Looks don't always fade. lol That really depends on the person. Johnny depp's looks haven't faded, now have they. This guy is almost 50, yet does he look it? Do you think he'd ever have a problem getting any woman of any age?
 fall-blossom
Msg: 53
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/31/2012 8:09:40 AM
My tastes haven't changed. Theres a variety of reasons for my preference. 1. They look much nicer. 2 way less baggage. 3. I don't want to be #35 in their list of sexual partners. while some like an older more experienced woman, I find that totally unappealing. That just means all the more she can compare you with her previous boyfriends. She will be harder to please. I want a student, not a teacher.

And...this could all be turned around on you by a younger woman. I remember when I was a young woman thinking of all these things which was a turnoff for me...so sticking to men my age was a better choice.

Guys age much slower than women do and look far better. If of course they take care of themselves.

I disagree. Lots of men in their forties haven't aged well. Even some in their late thirties are showing visible signs of aging such as crows feet and wrinkles on their foreheads and not so taut skin like men in their twenties who...umm...feel really nice.

Men, sometimes boys, in comparison can look foolish, (unless she's a knockout) with an older woman. That's why I think younger guys only use the older gals, just for a laugh.

Take a look at Jennifer Lopez and her hot new beau who is in his twenties. I think her boyfriend would disagree with you.

Looks don't always fade. lol That really depends on the person. Johnny depp's looks haven't faded, now have they. This guy is almost 50, yet does he look it? Do you think he'd ever have a problem getting any woman of any age?

Does it matter if looks fade? If somebody truly loves another person, their looks can change over the years and won't be noticed because it is gradual and really is not an issue. It is a beautiful thing to be able to age together and go through lots of good and bad times and reflect on that time together....a history that's been created by two people who looked beyond their partner's appearance.
 Quadlog
Msg: 54
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/31/2012 10:06:08 AM
I’m 41 and I kind of restricted my lower range to 35 and my upper for 43. I have absolutely no desire to date any woman in their 20’s just for the simple fact that it’s unlikely that I would have much in common with them. And I really don’t want to be “that guy” who does nothing but go after younger women just because of looks besides most of the woman I know in their late 30’s a really in shape and take care of themselves. The problem is they’re all married…lol.
 Verticalqueen
Msg: 55
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/31/2012 8:11:48 PM
Fall-Blossom , sorry to say, but the men on here look like they went to hell and back. I was keeping wondering why I'm not attracting to the guys on here. Then I realize the one that are 32 to look older then me , and i'm 38.
You are so right if you look older then me, I will not respond.
 Quadlog
Msg: 57
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 5/31/2012 8:28:20 PM
"I havent seen a single man 35 and over that I find attractive on this site or in public."

Really? Not one single guy? Obviously you believe this but it's really hard to believe.
 onewayoranuther
Msg: 59
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 6/2/2012 1:50:11 AM
Let me see if I can help you here.

When I divorced my husband it was the happiest day of my life. When we married I was but 23. I spent 20 years with him. For some reason I forgot that I got old and found myself attracted to men where I left off attracted to them...in their mid to late 20's.

Eventually because of their immaturity I progressed to men in their 30's. Still it held no joy. These men were a decade younger than me and we had little in common.

I had one short term relationship and one long term relationship. It was the long term that knocked me to my senses. He wanted to get married and start a family. That is right, he wanted me to have his baby and be a stay at home mom. Talk about starting over! I thought about it for a nano second. Not having a baby, but marrying him.

One day I was looking in a mirror and I realized, "yea I might look good now" but I knew that after we get into our mid 40's we begin to rapidly change in our appearance. We might not feel any different and we think we look the same because we see ourselves everyday...but we don't. To most younger people, we look old like parents. By the time we hit 50 we look even older, like grandparents. So to someone in their 30's which was the age my guy was at the time of the offer in marriage.

I couldn't marry him. I adored him and knew that one day he would look at me, and then look at himself, and then look at a younger woman, and then, when I wasn't looking, go for her. We would divorce and I would be left alone to start all over again looking for a mate....I could see the future and I didn't like it. I set him free after almost 4 years together. He is happy now, about to marry a girl a few years younger than him.

I would still be with a guy in his 40's regardless of the number after the 4 because the maturity level is there, but never again would I be with a man in his 20's or 30's.

I hope you realize OP you are not going to truly be happy with a woman that young because one day you will have to climb from the bed and face her mentally. Besides how would you like it if she stayed with you until you were almost 60 before she realized she couldn't be with an old man anymore and left you. How would your prospects look then? Would you then be interested in a 40 something woman...because doubtfully would she be interested in you at that age.
 onewayoranuther
Msg: 60
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 6/2/2012 2:14:09 AM
While you will never ever ever see a woman over 35 ever play an action hero role. Unfortunately, its the culture we live in. It says women over 35, are old. So when he says dating a younger woman, I can't help but laugh.

I really hate to give you an audience but what you said was BS.

NEVER EVER huh?

Halle Berry played "Storm" in X-men when she was 34, 37 and 40 years old.

She also played "Cat Woman" when she was 38.

Carrie Moss was 37 when she played "Trinity" for the last time in the Matirx.

Mila Jovovich new movie just came out...I wonder if you heard of it.... Resident Evil: Retribution? She is 37

Uma Thurman was 36 when she played "My Super X girlfriend" and she just won the role of "Lois Lane" in the super hero movie coming out in 2013 (bet you are creaming right now cuz you didn't know this and you are obviously a super hero loving kinda guy)...she is now 43

there are others and its time for you...to educate yourself.

I have always been attracted to 19-25 yr old women. When i was 19 and now. My tastes haven't changed.

That is because the only thing you grew since you were 19 was your muscles. Apprently, Steroids prevent maturity.

Guys age much slower than women do and look far better

you really need to take those man loving comments down a notch....it doesn't feel hetero to me.
 VoxClamantis
Msg: 61
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 6/6/2012 9:22:06 AM
Agreed.

If you can pull 'em, don't worry about the age.
I think your post was just to rub ka-ka in the faces of the women your own age anyway.

Focus on your own needs, bro. No one else will.
 roguevampire
Msg: 62
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 6/6/2012 10:13:22 AM
They are only older, if they tell you there real age. I have known many guys, that have lied about their age. the girl never knew. Once the guy felt he had her, and they were together for awhile, then he might tell her, but by then, shes his.
 roguevampire
Msg: 63
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 6/6/2012 10:21:05 AM
I'm talking leading roles. Every single role you mentioned, they weren't leading roles. What i meant by my point was, I gave the number 35, whether a woman was 36, I am just giving a number thats extremely close. I'm talking guys like Robert downey Jr. Whos like 47 or 48 and hes the lead. The movie "the matrix" Keaunu Reeves was the lead. Storm was just a character among many in Xmen. She wasn't the lead. Mila jovavich, as i said, 37 is pretty damm close to 35. And she started making those movies years and years ago. Thats a big difference. Shes doing sequels.

I'm talking about lead roles. The rock, Bruce willis, Sylvester stallone. (ok, hes old) Johnny Depp, I don't think I have ever heard anyone ever call him old, why? Cause he doesn't look old. If you look old, you will be thought of as old. Thats simply a fact. Depp is almost 50. Tom Cruise, still doing lead roles in many movies. hes also near 50 if not already. So my point is well made. I never said it was right. But its fact.
 DAVIDBURKE777
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 6/6/2012 12:14:28 PM
WELL SAID BRO!!
 saveta
Msg: 67
Stuck on younger women.
Posted: 6/6/2012 11:38:52 PM
This is an interesting topic for me. I used to be really attracted to men in their late 40s when I was in my 20s and 30s and 40s. I am still attracted most to men in their late 40s, even though I am now in my late 50s. So, I'm thinking, what attracts me to 46, 47, 48, 49 year olds? What attracts you to women between 33 and 38? What happened to us in our infancy and childhood that makes a particular age group in the opposite sex so very attractive to us. I still can't answer this question.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >