Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Nipples or No Nipples, That is the Question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 85
Nipples or No Nipples, That is the QuestionPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

If she got a boob-job, but didn't have nipples, that'd be kinda different -- some points lost -- but I'd like that better than no-breasts but nipples on the chest. Isn't there a way to get fake nipples, albeit probably not that great looking?

Most insurance companies that cover breast cancer are supposed to cover reconstructive surgery as well, which includes tattoos of the nipple. Also, many surgeons do a fake nipple area by cutting different sets of skin in the area and tying some sort of knot in the middle for the skin to protrude. Done right it's quite convincing. The only problem is that it does not have any feel.

Still, many women go through this procedure and many women like it to the alternative. To us guys, if you love the woman, it doesn't make one bit of difference.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Nipples or No Nipples, That is the Question
Posted: 3/7/2016 12:38:47 PM

Also, many surgeons do a fake nipple area by cutting different sets of skin in the area and tying some sort of knot in the middle for the skin to protrude. Done right it's quite convincing. The only problem is that it does not have any feel.

They don't have any feel? What do I care -- as long as I can feel them! ;) All kidding aside, if a gal's going to get her breasts lobbed off, she's going to be lacking feeling of any nipples anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I think the no-nipple-feeling would only be an issue for a gal if she decides to get a total 100%-from-scratch boob job to avoid breast cancer when there are no signs of it, and, well, to have an improved chest to boot. But if there is cancer there, I think the no-nipple feeling would be the least of one's worries. Especially if they got a model-like chest replacement as a "look at the bright side" addition.

I know with any GF, if she even had slight signs of breast cancer, I'd lobby to have a 100%-from-scratch thing done with fake nipples. Win-win (except the bill, but nothing's for free)!
 Strider324
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/8/2016 1:47:17 PM
Women have nipples??

Seriously, the whole body experience is typically so delightfully overwhelming that it would take a shallow or nipple-possessed man to care. Your ears, eyes, cheeks, philtrum, mouth, neck, scapula, uvula, armpits, breasts, waist, navel, spine, butt, hands, perineum, clitoris, anus, g-spot, a-spot, thighs, back of your knees, soles of feet....well, you get the picture - the body really is a Wonderland. Stressing over 1 part doesn't seem to make a lot of sense in the big picture.
 ForeverTexas25
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/13/2016 4:21:14 AM
Just from your post I can tell that you have an awesome personality. I don't feel like that would be a deal breaker, especially if you've already had a few dates and are really connecting with the guy. Also, great attitude, and congratulations on beating cancer, I like how you were positive throughout your entire post, good luck!
 packagedealx3
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2016 7:12:51 PM
Norwegian guy, you would have liked my nipples, the temperature dial was always on cold, it was kind of irritating, plus back in the day it was such a great look volunteering at school lol. Considering a lifetime of sometimes (because I seriously hated bras) worrying about nipples showing in various clothing, I chose not to have them reconstructed. It can fairly easily be done but it is also purely cosmetic because there wouldn't really be any feeling going on outside of knowing someone is touching them. I actually have very good insurance and could have done the reconstruction pretty much at any time.

They no longer save the nipples btw because that is one of the places that bc cells tend to grow first so regardless if it is more than a lumpectomy the nipples go. I did have another surgery after the original post because my surgeon was a douche and my entire right side had to be redone, which required a 12" incision under the right arm to about the middle of my back, wrapping a muscle from my back to my front (rebuilding the bionic boob), as well as fixing a fluid pocket in my stomach and repairing stitches that needed to be tweaked because the fluid from the pocket traveled down an incision and blew the stitching out of place.

My second surgeon was fantastic skills wise, bedside manner and just giving a crap if I was healing well. Plastic surgery however is weird and it takes sometimes two years to really heal fully. I had a couple of issues that I thought I might be stuck with but this third and hopefully last surgery was still considered a part of his first surgery with me so we got the minor stuff handled and the tissue under my arm removed that made certain clothing uncomfortable, which I was pretty stoked about because I was totally prepared to just suck it up forever with that one. I AM sticking with the decision to forego the perky nipples for the ability to pretty much never have to wear a bra again.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2016 9:10:09 PM
I've seen documentaries where nipples can be tattooed on breast augmentation usually from the buttocks. I've been weened from breast feeding long ago, so I don't need them in a relationship.
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/6/2016 9:51:03 PM
hey op? I don't know if you have seen it... but there is s place that one day a year does nothing but tats for breast cancer survivors with a design of the persons choice... and they are incredibly beautiful as well as a powerful statement. they augment the form that is there but can camouflage or hide whatever you want camouflaged IF you so desire. I had s friend be one of those chosen and she had a design ho from collar bone to mid torso and it was spectacularly done. i know you are not asking this as much as will some people care you don't have them ( answer of course I'd some will but there will be some that will find you incredibly beautiful without too... but it is an interesting idea s powerful statement and s way to show the beauty of survivorship.

either way strut your stuff and congrats on beating it ;)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/7/2016 12:58:22 PM

I've been weened from breast feeding long ago,

I haven't.

I guess that's why I like the "Got milk?" campaign so much.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 1:25:02 PM

It can fairly easily be done but it is also purely cosmetic because there wouldn't really be any feeling going on outside of knowing someone is touching them. I actually have very good insurance and could have done the reconstruction pretty much at any time.

Well, yeah, it is cosmetic -- and for oneself too. They wouldn't have to be big D cups getting in the way, straining the back of course. They could be relatively small & perky ones -- and with no actual nipples especially -- one would have zero need for a bra anyway, right?
 lucidbarrier
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2016 12:29:47 PM
I didn't read through the entire thread but I am glad that you are alive and healthy. I actually know someone going through the same thing you are and she is just going to get hers tattooed (i guess to just have them look like nippies).
I had two major surgeries within the past 12 months, basically to restore me to "being normal" again. There really is nothing you can do to prepare for the horrible pain and complications and procedures (I worked out before each surgery like a religious person). I hope you are healing up well.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2016 10:28:04 PM
Lucid glad you are doing well too. I did what I could before my first cancer surgery which was like surgery 5 for me at the time, but I had more lead time before the second bc surgery so I tried to spend as much time in the pool getting into the best shape I could.

Moonbeam I would like to do cherry blossoms across the chest just haven't found design and artist I want to work with yet.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Nipples or No Nipples, That is the Question