Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 windchymes
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What if...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I don't know if this qualifies as "outlandish", but I've always wanted to take my lottery winnings and order each of my sons the vehicle of their dreams with every available bell, whistle and option, then have them delivered to their driveways with a big bow and a card attached that says "Mom won the lottery...enjoy!"

For myself, I would buy a houseboat in Duluth, MN, hire a crew, and spend the next year cruising around the country via the intercoastal waterways, Panama Canal (if houseboats are allowed through there, I haven't checked into that yet) and end up in the waterways off British Columbia.
 CharminC
Msg: 5
What if...
Posted: 5/14/2012 3:29:58 PM
What would be the most outlandish thing you would do if you suddenly came into unexpected money?

I adore hosting parties. I'm nuts about not only taking care of but making and creating every detail from food to decor myself therefore I probably would go all out if money was no object.
A 5 star experience for all my friends and loved ones!
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 6
What if...
Posted: 5/14/2012 4:03:02 PM
I would finally be able to create the sculptures I see in my head.
(Decent marble cost some serious money.)
 deletedpost
Msg: 7
What if...
Posted: 5/14/2012 4:05:12 PM
... buy a car. maybe go to a restaurant
 Casper66
Msg: 8
view profile
History
What if...
Posted: 5/14/2012 4:33:40 PM
I would travel to all the places on my bucket list, take flying lessons and buy myself a helicopter.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 9
What if...
Posted: 5/14/2012 4:36:39 PM
a no kill animal shelter and also use the $$ to raise awareness for no kill & spay & neuter...

also mess w/ some nasty people by buying out their business or the house next to them...hee hee hee...use ur imagination...

also start a new type of dating site...i have an idea that would take it one step better than this type but won't post it of course to give away my idea...

move over, Markus!!!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 12
view profile
History
What if...
Posted: 5/14/2012 7:51:05 PM
If I came into enough of it...

I would hire a group of musicians to disguise themselves and follow me around occasionally, so that when I wanted to burst into song, that they could jump to their instruments and play along, as though the world were really like the great old musicals. After each song, we'd all go back to slouching around as though we were having a temporary fit of mutual insanity, just like in the movies.

I would open various special places of entertainment, designed to cater to things I really enjoy, in the manner I wish them to be available. Like a movie theater which is also a private club, such that the patrons have to sign up to behave themselves civilly, or be permanently ejected.

I would follow through on some of the few design ideas I've had over the years, to see if anyone else might find them as useful as I think they could be.

For lesser chunks, after the above kinds of basic financial stuff, and personal maintenance and gifts to friends...I might set aside a fund for myself to get regular head and hand massages. The list from there could go on and on.
 raxarsr
Msg: 13
view profile
History
What if...
Posted: 5/14/2012 8:23:35 PM
......i could proubly get a date on here

seriously.....pay all my bills..........my familys bills.......buy a new vehicle or 2............go on hunting and fishing trips
 Molly Maude
Msg: 14
view profile
History
What if...
Posted: 5/14/2012 11:19:36 PM
when my granddaughter was maybe 6 years old, she and I had a fantasy about winning a huge lottery, buying an old walnut grove that was for sale ... building a humungous house with wings for each member of my family ... a train track all around the peripheries of the property with an electric steam-looking engine that even grown-ups could ride in ... and a bunch of small roads with little electric cars even children could drive ... which would be housed in the central ground floor of the house ... so they would stay dry in inclement weather ... and she and I could walk from the house to the train and/or little car to ride around our property!

she would draw pictures of this property! then, one day, we drove by "our" property and someone had bulldozed the walnut trees to build a housing subdivision ... we just modified our dream to make it some OTHER property ...

now that she's grown up with a life of her own ... if I came into a bundle of cash ... maybe I'd just visit her more often!
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 16
What if...
Posted: 5/15/2012 12:29:07 AM

it got me thinking about that song "If I had a million dollars"

If it's the song I'm thinking of, there's a great line in it which goes "If I had a million dollars I'd buy some ART... a Picasso or a Garfunkle!"

I know, I know... small things amuse small minds...
 Worbug
Msg: 18
view profile
History
What if...
Posted: 5/15/2012 10:26:36 AM
I'm thinking maybe a trip to Nashville to meet this cool attractive lady there!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 20
view profile
History
What if...
Posted: 5/15/2012 1:17:45 PM
If I had enough millions, I'd like to set up a charitable foundatio. It would be ONLY for American citizizens in crisis situations that do NOT qualify for any type of public assistance.

The taxpayers take care of the "poor" amoung us, and there are already dozens of charities to provide for them. But the middle class folks who suffer tradgedies sometimes fall through the cracks. They may need some assistance, too. But there are few people out there available to help them.
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 22
view profile
History
What if...
Posted: 5/15/2012 11:55:39 PM
Like that song,“If I Had A Million Dollars”.Now as for what would be most outlandish thing would do if suddenly came into unexpected money..Thinking.. Don't consider it/this to be
outlandish-give it pretty much all to most of it all to my dad.And some to my other kin.Abit to my friend.Abit to my Eng.,Drama & AncientHistoryTeachers from HS (a few were quite awesome)&my old ElementaryTeachers(few were ok).Oh Give some to families who lost someone..yes even 'celebrities'etc.An start foundation(s)for Platypus,& Bunnies &some others..an rest I save.Maybe travel,restore things, help out,..buy things, &EtcToBe Cont.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >