Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Divorced? Would you re-marry?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 200
Divorced? Would you re-marry?Page 21 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
The bigger question is if you were to re-marry, and when the honeymoon phase wears off and there's a snag in the relationship, would you be quicker to divorce this time around to avoid feeling hurt like the first time, or would you try harder this time to make it work to avoid the mess of divorcing again?
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 201
Divorced? Would you re-marry?
Posted: 8/4/2012 3:35:30 PM
I LOVED being married. And everything that came with it.

I don't mind being single. I do not feel I have to be married. I meet people who have been married 3 or more times! And I think how can you get that done? Better yet, how do you ask a lady to be your third wife?

To answer your question, I would definitely get married again. But I am in no rush and I would only ask and get married if we both felt the same way about marriage at this stage in our lives.

I do believe in marriage and the statement marriage makes. "To death do us part " and if I can find my ex wife I would fulfill my pledge!! hehehehe OMG I am so kidding...ugh.
 Jason022679
Msg: 202
Posted: 8/4/2012 7:55:56 PM
Re-marry, I'm trying to figure out why so many people get married at all? I know everyone can't find their perfect match and the divorce rate is proving me right.

So far being single I've finished my MBA, have a great career, house, boat, truck, financially stable, do what I want when I want, few responsiblities...life is great. Now is finding that special someone and having kids great too...sure. However, it's like gambling at Vegas...there is a likelihood you will get a divorce and ruin your kids life. All my friends are divorced, broke, kids are in counseling, etc... So when you talk about a second marriage remember that there is an 80% chance the second one will fail too. The fact is humans are mammals and almost all mammals in the wild are not monogamous which is why there is such a strong natural instinct for humans to cheat and want something new.

Think about it, if I told you the current car you're driving will be the last car you will ever own....how long before you would want something different? Not even better, just different? Hence why guys and girls cheat...often times with people with less wealthy, not as good looking etc...but they are different.
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 203
Posted: 8/5/2012 3:23:52 AM
Jason,

Yes you can definitely accomplish more without the restrictions of a wife and kids. And yes many people get divorced or do bad things to each other. But life is about love,friendships and working together to feel and enjoy all the world has.
You cant watch your MBA certificate throw a football 40 yards to win a game. Or feel your 5 year old daughters little arms wrap around your neck and then kiss you and say 'good night daddy, I love you' NOTHING in the world beats that.

Your reference to driving the same car for the rest of your life may have some real merit. Not because humans have a "Natural instinct to cheat". Because we can get lazy, or we feel entitled or some other break down of the relationship. I much rather be with the same woman then a bunch of different women. But my marriage failed too. 17 years. So I am guilty and needed to learn some lessons and maybe I will get married again, maybe.

Your whole post is about material wealth and paper success. I have 3 amazing children. Who are a much bigger success then any MBA. You may take offense to my post, but the fact is you will never know how right I am....
how sad.
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 204
Posted: 8/5/2012 1:03:19 PM
But my marriage failed too. 17 years. So I am guilty and needed to learn some lessons and maybe I will get married again, maybe.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like you gave up an awful lot, for very little, being guilty and all.

You may take offense to my post, but the fact is you will never know how right I am....
how sad.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
His choices, being different than yours, doesn't make his sad, just yours.

You say "but my marriage failed too." I'm kinda gettin' he's never been married. He decides not to marry based on the way he lives, equates to missing out on what you no longer have because he values money/material goods more. Not taking care of your children makes you a bad parent, not living your life without children.
 TheReason_
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2012 10:12:02 PM
I would, if the right person came along.

EG63
Msg: 206
Posted: 8/6/2012 5:08:20 AM
Remarry? Yes I would! ... The day the devil will wear a thick sweater while ice skating in hell.
Nothing against the institution of marriage, mind me, just against what it has become under the guidance of lawyers and judges. Two consenting adults do not need permission or waiting periods to get married, the same should be when they don't want to be together anymore, there shouldn't be another person deciding when and if the two can part ways. A person shouldn't be forced to wait years to have all financial and kids situation resolved in court before they can ask to be divorced or waive all claims after divorce is final.

So, marry again? How's that rink coming along?
 irish_smackie
Msg: 207
Posted: 8/6/2012 2:49:54 PM
Never say never, but I don't have any plans to do it again. I don't have any negative feelings about marriage, but I have my children and don't plan to have any more, which for me, is the primary reason to get married. I suppose if it were extremely important to some special man, I would reconsider, but as of now, I'd rather just live in sin. lol
 mrsforums
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2012 3:06:27 PM
Yes, I would get married again, and I did. I would still be married if it was possible.
When you're with the right person, you can have SUCH a rich relationship!

I kind of smiled when I read this:

Think about it, if I told you the current car you're driving will be the last car you will ever own....how long before you would want something different?

I would hope that most of us look at relationships and relatively large purchases as investments worth our time and effort. My vehicle may break down at some point, but if it was a good investment to start, it would be worth it to have it repaired.

Relationships are a partnership, and if they start to break down, it's up to both parties to work on repairing the break down. If the relationship was a good investment to start, then it would be worth doing whatever is needed to bring the partners back together.

If you feel that you'd be better of single, then that's a great road for you to remain on...because it is your path. I just find that travelling my path has been so much more beautiful when I'm sharing the journey.

MrsF
 platypus_man
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2012 3:15:29 PM
Probably not. Unless you are having children, there's really no point to it; at least in the U.S., there's still a marriage tax penalty, you wind up paying more if there are two wage earners if you're married, than if you were single.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Divorced? Would you re-marry?