Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Coloured hair on blokes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 soverncomfort
Msg: 1
Coloured hair on blokesPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Right people, I guess this is mainly aimed at ladies but would welcome views from anyone just for interests sake.

I have for the last three years had my hair coloured. And no, not to hide the grey (honest lol) but just to be a bit different.

For two years I was purple and now it's a kind of orangey red (you can see in my profile pics). It doesn't look as bad as it might sound at least I don't think. Anyway, I know getting dates on here is not easy and must confess I'm a bit less active at messaging than i used to be, but I did wonder whether my lack of success in the past was because of my hair colour. I mean, some might say a 40-something year old colouring their hair is not that clever.

The two girls I've been out with in the time I've had it done had completely differing views. One girl made no bones about the fact that she hated it ;-) .....while the other girl loved it.

I don't mind if people don't like it, have no opinion, don't care or whatever as I like it so won't be changing it. I'm just interested in people's views as fairly new to this kind of dating game.

cheers all, Dan
 soverncomfort
Msg: 2
Coloured hair on blokes
Posted: 5/16/2012 2:56:35 PM
I guess the thing here is that Im in my forties ....a bit younger and don't think there's such an issue. Well actually theres not an issue for ME , and personally I have the same view as you. It would be nice if I could get the ladies too but am aware that some think coloured hair on a bloke my age is odd. Like I say just curious. I aint changing it anyway. It is who I am ;-)
 soverncomfort
Msg: 3
Coloured hair on blokes
Posted: 5/16/2012 3:09:29 PM
cinderfeakinella ....cheers. I think I explained in my intro why I was asking, or maybe it WAS just to rip the piss out of baldies ;-)

Nah, I'm just interested that's all in whether it would affect how people chose a date. I respect anyone's decisions and choices but just wondered.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Coloured hair on blokes
Posted: 5/16/2012 3:10:47 PM
I think strong coloured highlights can look really good on men of any age - I think younger men can get away with full colour changes but personally I wouldn't be so keen on an older man with a full head of coloured hair.

Funnily enough, I can't remember seeing any man over the age of mid 20's with strong colour apart from a few highlights. Maybe I just wander about in a half daze and don't notice anything.
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Coloured hair on blokes
Posted: 5/16/2012 3:26:04 PM
One thing OP, I would lose the line in your profile about the beach/seaside. it seems to be the phrase of doomm for profiles, anything about walking on the seafront or snuggling up with dvd's and a bottle of wine!!

I actually make a point of saying that i wont say that on my profile...... still doomed :(

I adore women with wild colour hair or anything that makes them stand out from the crowd. Case in point ... Jane Goldman, she looks amazing, and as her husband is an aging, has an expanding waistline (like me :P) with growing hair and a speech impediment i have hope still!

As for womens perceptions i have no idea, highlights bleaching etc is a bit passe these days, but in your case its more of an individual statement. I would guess you wouldnt be happy with a female that would wish you to conform to what they wish anyway.

As for me, well i dont have a strong opinion about my hair or its image so if i was asked to cut it by someone i cared about i probably would. It has never occured to me to dye for any reason though.
 soverncomfort
Msg: 6
Coloured hair on blokes
Posted: 5/16/2012 3:49:53 PM
Now testing that quote/unquote thingy ;-)

One thing OP, I would lose the line in your profile about the beach/seaside. it seems to be the phrase of doomm for profiles, anything about walking on the seafront or snuggling up with dvd's and a bottle of wine!!

hmmm ....yeah know what you mean about the standard profile things. Didn't mean it to come across like that but know what you mean. Thanks for the advice. Mind you its not March any more so I could do with a revamp anyway ;-)
 *rem*
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Coloured hair on blokes
Posted: 5/16/2012 4:26:31 PM
I have lots of white streaks going through my hair courtesy of an allergy to hair dye.
Chicks seem to dig it
 Broken Meat
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Coloured hair on blokes
Posted: 5/17/2012 7:21:08 AM

I dye my hair black also not to cover grey but because I like it that colour, my hair has very seldom been it's natural colour. I also dress in a way that may not be to everyones liking. People can accept me (or not) for who I am and wish to present myself, I have no intention of changing for anyone.
 soverncomfort
Msg: 9
Coloured hair on blokes
Posted: 5/17/2012 10:05:04 AM
Msg 29 ....haha ...I am most def not a 'Pompey bloke' ....just landed here 13 years ago and not found my way home to Kent yet ;-)
 soverncomfort
Msg: 10
Coloured hair on blokes
Posted: 5/17/2012 10:19:31 AM
Thanks all for your wisdoms guys 'n' gals.

Pandora0237 prob has it about right with her final paragraph. Not sure on the highlights, would it work with grey hair? Def prefer the full colour though anyway.

Now after a pig of a day at work I'm gonna chill out in front of the telly and do sod all, except maybe feed the cat who is looking at me as if to say "Feed me ****". See y'all later
 Tayfire
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Coloured hair on blokes
Posted: 5/17/2012 10:45:25 AM
Each to there own, but i'm doing the 3 G's? Going Grey Gracefully. LoL
 soverncomfort
Msg: 12
Coloured hair on blokes
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:21:27 AM
Msg35 ....yep, finding that out. But my hairdresser is pretty good and has some neat tricks for keeping it looking its best ....oh christ you got me sounding like a girl now, thats if I didn't when i started this thread ....hey I'm not proud ;-)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Coloured hair on blokes